PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Elections

RedStarWarrior
20th October 2015, 11:27 AM
I'm an American, but I was just curious what any Canadians thought about Trudeau winning.

Knight of Time
30th October 2015, 11:49 AM
Well, being a Canadian myself, I'm grateful he won. To make things even better, I was so surprised when the Liberals won ALL the seats in the Atlantic provinces (including the one I live in)...it just goes to show that when it's time for a change, it's bound to happen.

Oslo
1st November 2015, 11:01 PM
I'm not a fan of Trudeau. I have various reasons, and among them is the fact that I just have a tough time rooting for someone who's been the golden boy his whole life. He's led a pretty sheltered, charmed existence, and that doesn't really inspire me. But still, holy friggin' hell, it was a relief to be done with Harper. He remained in power for nearly a decade, and in that time we saw all sorts of shitty shit like Bill C-51, Bill C-24, a bunch of pipeline nonsense, the muzzling of anti-industrial scientists and so on. Also, I'm pretty sure Harper is actually an alien bug in some kind of human costume. He just makes bizarre statements like "I don't drink alcohol, but I have lots of friends who do" as an attempt to sound like an actual person AND I AM NOT BUYING IT FOR ONE SECOND OKAY.

And of course, the tragedy of the night was the slaughtering of the NDP. The 2011 election vaulted them into the Official Opposition, a position they'd never held in the past. This election was their window of opportunity to make that final jump into power, but they ended up tumbling back into third. It's hard to say when they'll get their next real shot. Tough break. :canada: