PDA

View Full Version : DD in another open challenge (Ref: Raz, please??)

Dark Dragonite
7th May 2003, 12:09 PM
Acceptable types: (Pokemon used must be one of the following, may be a dual type with one of the listed types)
Electric
Fire
Water
Ice
Grass
Ground
Rock
Flying
1-1
You release Poke first
I attack first this round
Ref: Raz, I'd like to ask you to ref
Arena: An open field with green grass, a few tall, strong trees, and a lake, sizeable enough for water attacks such as surf to be useable.
No Rest

Oddish17
7th May 2003, 06:16 PM
I accept, I choose Zynk the Magnemite.

Dark Dragonite
8th May 2003, 09:50 AM
Ok, this should be fun, but I have to wait to post a poke, due to the comp I'm on right now, sorry for the wait, will do it later today though.

Dark Dragonite
8th May 2003, 12:47 PM
Ok, I have chosen... My Male Vulpix Trickster!!

Now, start off with a Safeguard, to protect yourself from nasty stat changes. Next, send a Confuse Ray at it, then end the round with a Fire Spin!!

Subs:
~Safeguard is #1, use it until it's safely up, if it somehow fades bring it up again

~If Rain Dance is used, after Safeguard is up, Sunny Day, and if time, Flamethrower!!

Oddish17
8th May 2003, 04:06 PM
A fire type, what a shock. Zynk, start off with a medium Substitute. Then hit Trickster with two Thunderbolts.

Substitute ~ Thunderbolt ~ Thunderbolt

Dark Dragonite
12th May 2003, 12:53 PM
Since Raz hasn't been on in a while, maybe we should look for another ref, what do you think??

Oddish17
13th May 2003, 04:52 AM
I'd say we don't have much of a choice. He doesn't seem to be active as of late.

Oddish17
17th May 2003, 07:15 PM
Bumping this in the hopes that a sympathetic ref will help get this thing going.

Razola
19th May 2003, 11:26 AM
Due to circumstances beyond my control, I won't be reffing for the summer. I'm glad you find me a ref worthy to do your match, but I just won't be reffing until late-August.

The_Missing_Link
21st May 2003, 12:54 PM
Good, a simple 1 on 1. I'll take over but I don't think I'll be able to ref until Friday cause of schoolwork and softball but I bet you guys can wait a couple more days

The_Missing_Link
24th May 2003, 10:18 PM
Round 1

Zynk:100%
Substitute~Thunderbolt x2

Trickster:100%
Safeguard~Confuse Ray~Fire Spin

All throughout the day, the ref prances about the field, not caring who stares at her for the longest time. That is, until 2 battlers show up and stare at her for the longest time. Stopping in mid-prance, she stares at them and turns away, incredibly embarrassed.

Nightshade-Are you on drugs?

Actually, I'm not too sure. Anyway, she stands off to the side as both trainers release their Pokemon, a Vulpix and a Magnemite. Each trainer yells out his order and their Pokemon give off a respone to acknowledge their orders, a swish of a tail and sparks of electricity respectively. Waving down her flag, the battle begins.

Concentrating, Trickster stills perfectly still as a ring of light surrounds her. Making a dome, it surrounds her, faint stars shimmer as they circle around her. Protected from status harm, he watches as Zynk closes his eye and concentrates as well. Right next to him a perfect replica of himself pops out of nowhere, only the sub's eye is open. Opening his own eye, Zynk sees a confused look on Trickster's face, a good sign for him.

Trying to confuse Zynk, Trickster stares carefully at him (giving Zynk a gender) and sends a red beam at the Magnemite. Zynk made his creation for a reason though and he uses it towards his advantage as the sub goes in front of Zynk and takes the confuse ray, not harming Zynk whatsoever. Sparking humorously. he comes out from behind and makes bigger sparks. Shooting off a bolt of lightning, it slams into Trickster, making him cry out in pain from the shock.

Trying to shake off the pain, the safeguard luckily cancels the effect of paralyzation and the shock finally subsides. In anger, Trickster's eyes flare a red-orange and opens his mouth. Immediately, out comes a swirling tornado of fire, coming straight at Zynk. Once again, he lets his substitute do the work and watches as the flames fly into it, curling around its stolid body. The tornado continues on for a bit before it finally dies down, leaving the sub toasted but still very much going. Blinking once, Zynk turns back to Trickster and sparks up again. Releasing another thunderbolt, the poor Vulpix feels the pain as it carouses through its body. Looking a bit frizzled, Trickster isn't too happy about the way he's looking or feeling at the moment:

Zynk:83% Substitute up (3%)
Trickster:84% Safeguard up for 3 more rounds

Edit: The changes that have been made are very insignificant. I realized that fire spin did too much damage so the sub is still up but very fragile and I usually ref safeguard as a 3 round defensive manuever but I haven't reffed it in a bit so I forgot

Oddish17
25th May 2003, 04:54 AM
Hmm, I wasn't expecting one Fire Spin to do so much damage, but that's alright Zynk.

Start by setting up a Reflect shield between you and Trickster. Then throw a couple of Sonicbooms at him. If your Reflect breaks, recreate it as necessary while staying behind the reflective barrier. If Trickster attempts to go around the barrier, then create a new one between you and him. If he digs underground, then float upwards as high as possible.

Reflect ~ Sonicboom x 2

Subs: Reflect as necessary. If Dig is used, float upwards.

Dark Dragonite
25th May 2003, 12:36 PM
Trickster, it's time to show why you have that name, go underground with a Dig, when you pop up, if you can't hit Zynk, while it's going up, Fire Blast it!! Now, you should be under Zynk still, so give it a good Spite!!

The_Missing_Link
30th May 2003, 04:24 PM
Round 2

Zynk:83% Substitute up (3%)
Reflect~Sonicboom x2

Trickster:84% Safeguard up for 3 more rounds
Dig~Fire Blast~Spite

Trickster gives a quick glance up at Zynk and starts to dig furiously with his front paws. Knowing he's going to go underground to try and attack, Zynk starts to float upwards as the fire fox disappears from sight. With his substitute following him faithfully, they both gain a good distance from Trickster and the ground, about 40 feet. Popping out of the ground, Tricksters looks up and gives a long, hard glare at his adversary. Still though, it's quite easy to attack him though.

Eyes flaring a deep crimson now, Trickster opens his mouth and releases a large fire kanji up at Zynk and his creation. Moving upwards at a fast pace, the already-fragile sub places itself in front of Zynk. Taking on the flames, they engulf the replica and destroy it in minutes before pushing itself into Zynk. Although starting out with much force, much of the energy has died away and Zynk only takes half of the damage intended for himself. Smoked but still alive, he starts to move clockwise in a circular motion. Creating a force of energy, it moves downwards and pushes into Trickster, blowing him backwards a few feet. The fox isn't harmed that much however and gets back up onto his feet.

Trying to hinder the Magnemite, Trickster starts to concentrate and a black aura surrounds him, making it look like he's engulfed in black flames. Staring up at Zynk, he sends a strand of the black aura up at him. Trying to get away, Zynk moves backwards but the thread is able to connect with him. Afraid as a black aura now starts to surround him, he thinks he'll be harmed in some way. After a minute though, he still feels nothing and the aura starts to fade away. Clicking in relief, he starts to move in the circular motion again and sends the wave of energy at Trickster once more. Getting bowled over once more, he just shakes it off and looks up at Zynk while the little magnet Pokemon starts to slowly float down while his eyelid droops in a signal of fatigue:

Zynk:70% Tired
Trickster:68% Safeguard up for 2 more rounds

Dark Dragonite
31st May 2003, 10:58 AM
Ok Trickster, great work!!
Time to make a Sub.(13%), then try to Flamethrower it, and finish with a Confuse Ray!!

Subs:
~If Zynk tries to make a Reflect, or sonic boom, after your sub, spite it, but only once.

Oddish17
31st May 2003, 07:40 PM
Okay, Zynk, I want you to use Double Team to start things off. Then create a small Substitute(10%) and finish off with a Thunderbolt.

Double Team ~ Substitute ~ Thunderbolt

The_Missing_Link
1st June 2003, 04:01 PM
Round 3

Zynk:70% Tired
Double Team~Substitute (10%)~Thunderbolt

Trickster:68% Safeguard up for 2 more round
Substitute (13%)~Flamethrower~Confuse Ray

His eye still drooping a bit, Zynk fights to keep himself in the battle and goes for a defensive tactic. Concentrating, 3 Magnemites join himself to all look down at Trickster, who looks at each Zynk with concern. He has his own ways of concealing himself though and concentrates as well. Sacrificing some of his own health, an identical copy of Trickster materializes out of nowhere next to him. Unlike Zynk's clones, Trickster's creation has the ability to protect itself to an extent, depending on how much health Trickster put into it.

Searching for the correct Zynk, Trickster makes a wild guess and sets his eyes on the one on the far left. Opening his mouth, a long line of flames breathes upwards and runs through Zynk he thinks is real. Of course, deep down he knows he destroyed a clone and his instincts are correct as the clone flickers and fades away. Zynk and the others just blink as if nothing happened and a couple seconds later, another Zynk appears right next to the real Zynk, which Trickster doesn't know where he is. This isn't a clone though, just a creation like Zynk made before. Now Trickster has to deal with 2 clones, a substitute and the real Zynk. How much trouble is this going to be for him?

With all the trouble going on, Trickster decides to attack again and glares up at all the Zynk's. Eyes glowing a deep crimson, he sends a red beam up at the group. Getting behind the sub, it hits the other Magnemites but it has no affect on them since they have no mind of their own. Their only purpose is to copy and follow the movements of Zynk. Knowing that it's useless, Trickster gives up and frowns wistfully up at the sky. Knowing that he's safe again, Zynk mingles in with the crowd once more and they all begin to spark. Gathering up electric energy, they send down bolts of lightning at Trickster. Protecting Trickster, the sub moves in front of him and takes in the lone real thunderbolt. Neutralizing the power, the creation suffers but still remains intact after the beat down:

Zynk:57% 2 clones, substitute up (10%)
Trickster:52% Safeguard up for 1 more round, substitute up (5%)

Oddish17
3rd June 2003, 10:26 PM
Thunderbolt x 3
If Trickster uses Double Team, then use Swift.
If Dig is used, then Relax while remaining high above the ground.

Dark Dragonite
10th June 2003, 08:51 AM
Ok Trickster, Swift to get rid of those clones, then, Fireblast that Sub, finish the round with a Flamethrower!!

The_Missing_Link
10th June 2003, 10:58 AM
Round 4

Zynk:57% 2 clones, substitute up (10%)
Thunderbolt x3

Trickster:52% Safeguard up for 1 more round, substitute up (5%)
Swift~Fire Blast~Flamethrower

The 2 standing there, Trickster decides to take action and looks up at the 4 Zynks. Opening his mouth, a barrage of stars fly out of his mouth and travel upwards into the quartet. With nowhere to go, Zynk lets the stars rip through the clones and the sub while he remains behind it, safe from harm. As the clones fade away, Zynk's creation takes a beating but still remains, although a lot weaker than before. He just thinks nothing of it and comes out from behind to rotate his magnets. Moving faster and faster, sparks start to come out until a line of electricity flies from him and into Trickster's sub. Taking it in, it cracks halfway through and breaks into pieces, letting Trickster have some of the leftover attack. Shaking it off quickly, the fire fox eyes Zynk and knows that his next attack will finish his sub off as well.

Bracing himself for the next attack, Trickster opens his mouth again to reveal a swirling mass of flames. Breathing it out, it takes the form of a large kanji symbol and pushes itself upwards towards Zynk. Floating behind his sub once more, he thinks he is protected from the fire blast but is majorly mistaken as the flames easily plow through the sub and right into Zynk. He moans as the flames affect his usually resistent steel coat and feels like he's going to melt. Luckily, the pummeling does stop and Zynk looks like a burnt magnet. He feels the pain too but turns the pain into hate by churning electricity out of himself again and straight down into Trickster. The fox wails as it's his turn to be beaten down and feels the pain, although he's protected from paralysis by his almost invisible shield.

Both Pokemon feeling beaten and angry, they use this anger to up their attacks. Trickster attacks first once again and sends a stream of flames at Zynk. Rolling over the poor Magnemite, one wonders how much more he can take this but the little magnet tries to ignore the pain and focuses on just hurting Trickster. Rotating his magnet sides once more, electricity spills out of them and envelopes Trickster in a golden glow once more, although it isn't pretty as the Vulpix is being fried by electricity. The round done, both Pokemon have done massive damage to each other and each pant as Trickster's veil finally falls to let Zynk use status attacks once more:

Zynk:35% Exhausted
Trickster:29% Exhausted

Dark Dragonite
19th June 2003, 04:33 PM
Trickster, I know you can do this!!

Start off with a Double team, then take a break to catch your breath, and finish the round with a Spite!!

Oddish17
19th June 2003, 06:30 PM
Bring forth the rain with Rain Dance. Then hit Trickster with a Thunder Wave, and Relax to finish off the round

Rain Dance ~ Thunder Wave ~ Relax

The_Missing_Link
23rd June 2003, 05:07 PM
Round 5

Zynk:35% Exhausted
Rain Dance~Thunder Wave~Relax

Trickster:29% Exhausted
Double Team~Relax~Spite

Feeling a bit unprotected because of the lack of safeguard, Trickster decides to go on the defensive again and concentrates a bit more, even though he's dead tired. Splitting into 4 seperate Vulpix's, they all look up at Zynk and expect the worse. Instead of releasing the sharp stars he usually sends forth, the Magnemite glows a bright blue and looks up at the cloudless sky for help. Thunder crashing in the distance, clouds start to appear from out of nowhere and cover the sky. Then the rain comes. Cold drops of water that Trickster dreads so much. Slapping onto his fur and his clones, he can only watch as they flicker and fade away.

Trickster sighs in contempt but lays down on the ground to relax his aching body. As he relaxes, Zynk twirls his magnets a bit. Instead of releasing the bright yellow electric energy he usually does, Zynk releasing twin bolts of a cerulean blue hue that run straight into Trickster. The Vulpix moans in pain as his body tenses up a bit and looks like a bluish fire, but he soon calms down again and snarls at his foe in severe distaste.

Still laying on the ground, Trickster starts to focus again while it's Zynk's turn to relax while hovering in the air. Ignoring the splattering rain, a black outline starts to surround the Vulpix and he sends up a strand of black at Zynk. Seeing this, Zynk shudders but doesn't move as the strand connects with him and surrounds his body. Settling over him, it doesn't do anything and fades in a bit. However, Zynk starts to shake and his eye droops as he becomes more tired from doing nothing. This battle looks to be about a stalemate but one of them has to fall soon. Who will it be?

Zynk:28% Heavily fatiuged
Trickster:24% Paralyzed, not much better off than Zynk

Rain Dance for 3 more rounds

Steve, you know me well enough to know that bumping up a battle that I ref pisses me off. Don't do it again --;

Oddish17
26th June 2003, 06:42 PM
Start off with Supersonic. If Trickster uses Safeguard then Mimic it and Relax. If not, then just Relax for the remaining two turns.

Dark Dragonite
26th June 2003, 08:19 PM
Ok, this is almost over Trickster, please hang in there, I have faith in you!!
Start off with Spite, then take a break, if you have the strength, Spite one more time, if you don't think you can do it, take another break.

The_Missing_Link
29th June 2003, 11:52 AM
Round 6

Zynk:28% Heavily fatigued
Supersonic~Relax x2

Trickster:24% Paralyzed, not much better off than Zynk
Spite~Relax~Spite

Starting to fall slowly to the ground due to his fatigue, Zynk decides to actually do something and feels a bit better after thinking of it. Shaking slightly, Zynk releases a high pitched sonic wave that Trickster can only hear. With a look of pain on his face, Trickster becomes subdued and confused by Zynk's supersonic. Trying to shake things off and attack, paralyzation starts to kick in and freeze the Vulpix up, not helping at all with his plans.

Turning this whole battle into a waiting game, each Pokemon starts to relax. Unfortunately for Zynk, this doesn't turn out to be a good idea because he was spited while trying to relax and apparently, relaxing only makes him more tired. Not a good strategy on Zynk's trainer as the Magnemite continues to fall towards the ground, easy for Trickster to attack. But the Vulpix is once again overcomed by paralysis but is still able to relax. With each trainer trying to stall the battle as much as they can, will the 2 Pokemon be able to survive the wait?:

Zynk:25% Dead tired
Trickster:22% Paralyzed, feeling a bit better

Rain Dance for 2 more rounds

Dark Dragonite
5th July 2003, 11:08 AM
Trickster, this is important, so try your best to Firespin your foe, then take a break to try to get a little strength back. If you can, Ember Magnemite, if not, take another break and let even resting knock that thing out thanks to your spiting.

Oddish17
6th July 2003, 09:55 PM
I'm fairly certain it should still be raining, so those fire attacks shouldn't be too much of a bother.

Hurl a glob of Toxic at Trickster, then Relax for the rest of the round.

Toxic ~ Relax ~ Relax

The_Missing_Link
8th July 2003, 11:09 AM
Round 7

Zynk:25% Dead tired
Toxic~Relax x2

Trickster:22% Paralyzed, feeling a bit better
Fire Spin~Relax~Ember

As the rain dribbles down continously, both Pokemon decide it's finally time to attack. Looking up at Zynk, who's struggling to maintian his floating ability, Trickster breathes out a line of fire that tries to curl into a fire ring. However, it doesn't even reach him as the water washes it away. Blinking, Zynk somehow releases a hazardous substance from within himself, which falls onto Trickster. He moans as it seeps into his fur and bloodstream, eating away at him. Now the poor Vulpix is paralyzed and poisoned.

Taking the relaxing method again, Trickster is able to regain some energy while Zynk falls even lower due to the spite. That Magnemite should really start to attack before he keels over from exhaustion.

But he still keeps on trying to regain energy even though he's losing it. Trying to attack Zynk again, he spits some flames out of his mouth but the water douses them again, rendering his fire attacks useless for the time being. Zynk now has fallen within grabbing reach of Trickster, which could prove fatal to the Magnemite:

Zynk:20% Dead tired
Trickster:18% Paralyzed, poisoned (4% next round)

Rain Dance for 1 more round

Oddish17
8th July 2003, 04:06 PM
Argh, apparently my interpretation of Spite is completely different than what is being reffed.

Alright then Zynk, just blast it with Thunders while it's still raining.

Thunder x 3

Dark Dragonite
9th July 2003, 02:40 PM
Hold on there Trickster, Hypnosis, Sunny day, Flamethrower!!

The_Missing_Link
11th July 2003, 05:49 PM
Round 7

Zynk:20% Dead tired
Thunder x3

Trickster:18% Paralyzed, poisoned (4% next round)
Hypnosis~Sunny Day~Flamethrower

Rain splashing down during this long battle, Zynk looks down at Trickster as the Vulpix looks up at him. Crackling with electricity, Zynk looks to hurt Trickster a lot but as he looks into his opponent's eyes, he starts to feel drowsy. Before drifting off to sleep, he shoots off a weak thunder, which still hits Trickster but doesn't do much damage. Falling to the ground, Zynk slaps into the mud and stays there, making incomprehensible sounds.

Content with putting his opponent to sleep, Trickster looks to get rid of this wretched rain. A red-orange aura surrounding him, he looks up at the sky and coos. Soon, the rain slows to a halt and the clouds start to part to reveal the shining sun, glaring upon them. Heating up the arena, the ground starts to dry off and Trickster looks wickedly at Zynk, who's caked with mud but still asleep.

It doesn't look like the Magnemite is going to wake up for a bit, so Trickster makes the most of it. Opening his mouth, a long stream of fire pours out and encases Zynk. Although his steel exterior is able to protect him from mostly anything, fire is his true weakness and he shoots awake as extreme heat covers him. He blinks in pain as the fire burns him and rises into the air again as the barrage subsides. It seems Trickster is making a comeback, which could be trouble for Zynk:

Zynk:7% Golden and crispy
Trickster:13% Paralyzed, poisoned (6% next round)

Sunny Day for 3 more rounds

Dark Dragonite
14th July 2003, 08:41 AM
Ok, Trickster, try to use Flamethrowers, if Magnemite uses Protect, Detect, or Endure, use Spite once, then Flamethrower away, if it uses Rain Dance, use Hypnosis, then Body Slam!!

Oddish17
14th July 2003, 02:17 PM
Set up a Reflect shield to block those Flamethrowers. Then use Double Team and finish with Thunderbolt.

The_Missing_Link
14th July 2003, 02:33 PM
Round 8

Zynk:7% Golden and crispy
Reflect~Double Team~Thunderbolt

Trickster:13% Paralyzed, poisoned (6% next round)
Flamethrower x3

With what could be the final round, Zynk tries to put up a golden wall to defend himself from Trickster. However, it isn't much of a wall as he's almost down and out by all the spiting. This gives Trickster a chance and although he's not much better off, his energy level is somewhat higher and he releases the long line of flickering flames. Strengthened by the sun, it smashes against the wall and passes through to engulf Zynk and send him down into a swirling darkness, finally letting the battle finish:

Zynk:0% KO'ed
Trickster:13% Exhausted but happy

And I declare Trickster and DD the winners! Great battle by both. I do ref spite differently, that's probably why you had a harder time. In almost every battle I ref, one of the battlers never looks closely enough at my reffings, always passing over 1 key detail that could change the whole battle. And spite was the key. If Zynk wasn't so damn tired, the reflect would've been much better built. Although Trickster wasn't better off, he had time to regain energy and had the sun on his side. Anyway, it was a long 1 on 1 but it was very close, a great battle

Dark Dragonite
15th July 2003, 06:40 PM
*scoops up Trickster*

We did it pal!!

Thanks T_M_L for reffing!!
Thanks to Oddish17 for a great match!!

It deffinately helps to know how your ref refs!!

I will grab my 1¥ and catch that Male Dratini in the corner as my prize!!