PDA

View Full Version : Roy got a job in Japan

Roy Karrde
7th January 2016, 12:35 AM
So in a few months I will be leaving the US for the last time this year and moving to Japan as part of Interac's ALT program.

I will be stationed in Hiroshima and will be teaching English to an unknown grade level.

I will have my own apartment most likely some kind of Leo Palace, and my own tiny car provided by Interac

So... yeah, the job is terrifying me but at the same time I am pretty excited.

Also I can provide shipping for things that people want from Japan, just throwing that out there too!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
7th January 2016, 02:34 AM
Congratulations Roy! Thanks to Ebay, I have my shippings pretty much covered, but I'll contact you if I find out something!

Link
7th January 2016, 04:09 AM
It's so good to hear you'll be working with something you'll hopefully enjoy!!:)

Lady Vulpix
7th January 2016, 06:32 AM
Congratulations! How long are you staying there?

I'm sure you will gain some interesting experiences. I hope the balance is a good one. Good luck!

Roy Karrde
7th January 2016, 05:13 PM
Congratulations! How long are you staying there?

Contract is for a year after that I will see if I wanna live there for the rest of my life

I'm sure you will gain some interesting experiences. I hope the balance is a good one. Good luck!

Thanks! Classy is coming up in August and we are doing an Anime Road Trip!

Blademaster
7th January 2016, 11:31 PM
So what's the age of consent in Japan again?

Roy Karrde
8th January 2016, 12:17 AM

You planning on visiting?

Lady Vulpix
8th January 2016, 04:07 AM

I hear it's 14 as long as the ages of the people involved are no more than 4 years apart. Otherwise it's 18.

RedStarWarrior
6th February 2016, 08:27 AM
Also I can provide shipping for things that people want from Japan, just throwing that out there too!
Send me some of those new sake flavored KitKats.