PDA

View Full Version : Sad news

Knight of Time
2nd January 2016, 11:56 AM
Alright guys, though I usually don't make posts this serious, I have felt the need to talk about something that is hitting me quite hard emotionally.

My grandfather's cancer battle has been on my mind more than ever these days (for the record, he has kidney cancer guys)...with my grandfather sleeping more and eating less these days, I think it is fairly safe to say that this year may very well be his last...and being as his birthday is not until July, I have this uneasy feeling that he may be gone sooner than me and my family realize; that is, presuming he won't make it to his next birthday. It is saddening me to see him get progressively weaker as the days pass.

So yeah, can you guys please keep him in your prayers? I'd very much appreciate it.

Lady Vulpix
2nd January 2016, 03:02 PM
I will, Kyle.

Link
2nd January 2016, 03:05 PM
Knight of Time, I will keep him in my prayers as well!!:)

Mikachu Yukitatsu
3rd January 2016, 12:38 AM
Stay strong, Knight of Time.

Knight of Time
4th January 2016, 09:38 AM
Thanks for your prayers guys...sadly, my grandfather passed away last night.

At some point this week his wake and funeral will be happening, so that's something I'll have to go to in both cases.

Link
4th January 2016, 10:08 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, Knight of Time.:(

Lady Vulpix
4th January 2016, 02:57 PM
I'm sorry. *Hugs.*

Blademaster
5th January 2016, 11:02 PM
That blows. Sorry, Kotty. Keep your chin up; I'm sure the old guy had a good life.

Magmar
6th January 2016, 04:22 PM
I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your grandfather. :(

Asilynne
7th January 2016, 11:06 AM
:hug:

Knight of Time
9th January 2016, 08:09 PM
Thanks guys.

Losing my grandfather was tough, but I'm just relieved that he went peacefully. At one point at the funeral (which took place at the church I went to for many of the early years of my life; so this visit there was my first in over a decade), my father played a song off of a CD he wrote while with a bluegrass band he was once the banjo player of, so that was a fitting tribute (this was the grandfather on my father's side that we lost).

Edit: Thanks Gabi, for separating the posts here about my grandfather's passing from the other posts in the chat thread, when there are other posts that seem to ignore how I'm feeling about my loss, it bothers me just a little, as if the news of a death doesn't always affect people here. I just hope you guys can all understand that as of now, I only have one grandparent left.

Link
9th January 2016, 08:50 PM
Thanks guys.

Losing my grandfather was tough, but I'm just relieved that he went peacefully. At one point at the funeral (which took place at the church I went to for many of the early years of my life; so this visit there was my first in over a decade), my father played a song off of a CD he wrote while with a bluegrass band he was once the banjo player of, so that was a fitting tribute (this was the grandfather on my father's side that we lost).

Edit: Thanks Gabi, for separating the posts here about my grandfather's passing from the other posts in the chat thread, when there are other posts that seem to ignore how I'm feeling about my loss, it bothers me just a little, as if the news of a death doesn't always affect people here. I just hope you guys can all understand that as of now, I only have one grandparent left.

I lost my grandfather at age 3, Knight of Time.:(

CaptainJigglypuff
18th January 2016, 05:02 PM
My grandma died in December 2014. I went with my dad to take her remains back home in Taiwan last January. She would have been 100 on July 4th last year but she had a long life. I know it's hard to lose someone you love.

Link
18th January 2016, 06:34 PM
I'm sorry. *hugs*

Jay Umbreon
2nd February 2016, 05:37 PM
I lost my gramps at the age of 6, so this definitely strikes a nerve with me. We were best friends.

I wish you all the best <3

SupremeChampion
3rd February 2016, 11:59 AM
I'm a little late, but sorry for your loss buddy. Your grandfather is at peace now, and he's absolutely watching over you, smiling and keeping you safe.

SC

RedStarWarrior
6th February 2016, 08:24 AM
Thanks for your prayers guys...sadly, my grandfather passed away last night.

At some point this week his wake and funeral will be happening, so that's something I'll have to go to in both cases.

I know this may not be what you want to hear, but if his struggle was so horrible, it's probably better that he's passed. At least he won't be in pain any longer. My greatest sympathies to you and your family at this time.

Knight of Time
6th February 2016, 08:43 AM
Well, cancer is always a tough thing to deal with RedStarWarrior, but thanks. Like I said before, I'm just glad he went so peacefully in the end. His death was definitely easier to deal with than my grandmother's death in 2008 (his wife), since her death was more unexpected and sudden.

Link
17th February 2016, 05:15 PM
My deepest sorrows to you and my condolences to you and your loved ones, Knight of Time.