PDA

View Full Version : Unown Awards 2015: Nominations ~ Now with a new co-host

Lady Vulpix
13th January 2016, 09:10 AM
Hello, everyone! Welcome to a new edition of the Unown Awards! Unless you're reading this in a future year and this is an old edition. ;)

This year, I will be helping Jeff run the event. He will make the trophies as usual and hand them out at the Award Ceremony, while I take care of the nominations and voting.

Speaking of which, it's time to start nominating!

In case any new members want to participate or any old ones need the details refreshed: as you know, there are 28 forms of the Pokemon Unown. 26 of them represent letters of the alphabet, and for each letter you pick a member and nominate them for something that starts with that letter. So, what about the other two? Well, for those, you nominate someone for something that ends with a question mark or exclamation mark. Once this round is over, we'll go onto voting, and then most likely a tiebreaker round. The nomination round will end in 2 weeks. That is Wednesday, 27th of January, 2016.

Just one thing will be different this time: Jeff has requested that the F award goes automatically to Rio (River) for Fin.

I will post my nominations later. You can start posting yours now.

Jeff
13th January 2016, 03:47 PM
Thank you for you help, Gabi! As many of you know, it's been a busy year for me, so it's good to have someone help out with this. And regarding my decision for Unown F this year, I thought it would be fitting. When Pichu Lover chose "Fin" as the title of her farewell thread (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27157), as she joked, over "another sort of F word" I knew that she should get Unown F just as Tainted got Unown A the year before. When I nominated Tainted for A - Adieu in 2014, it didn't seem right to put it up to a vote. I'm glad he won, but to avoid that situation again, I decided that, with my power as host of the Unown Awards for the past few years, my nominee and automatic winner of Unown F for 2015 is...

F: Fin - Pichu Lover (R.I.P. Rio, you will be missed)

And with that, the rest of my nominees are (more to be added later):
A: A Link to the Past - Link (a returning member)
C: Creator - Kevin (for creating TPM)
H: Helpful - Lady Vulpix (for helping with this year's... last years? ... Unowns)
L: Lone Author - Sike Saner (calling all writers to Fanfic! Sike Saner has been the only contributor since May!)
W: Welcome Back - nyanpasu (another returning member)
?: Where did the Unown Awards Go? - Number1ChanseyFan (For bringing up that we haven't had the 2015 Unown Awards yet)

Knight of Time
13th January 2016, 04:47 PM
Alright, I may have skipped out on nominations in the past due to thinker's block, but this year I'm going to make an actual effort to get some nominations in.

So, without further ado:

F: Finger - Charles Legend (for that pic he posted in the Picture Thread with his finger in a certain place)
G: Gamers - all the TPMers here who are into video games
H: Hockey - Mikachu Yukitatsu (I was surprised you share my interest in hockey Mikachu, so there you go)
I: Implementation - Lady Vulpix (for all the additions to AC/CC in the past few months, like the new items, the Ability Capsule, etc.)
L: Lingo - Zak (for his return to the game as of late)
M: Mrs. Heald - Heald (for the news of his wedding last year)
R: Return of the Hypotenuse - Hypotenuse Man (this one is an obvious one)
T: Tech Savvy - Telume (for his knowledge on all sorts of electronic devices; not just computers here)

This is all I have for now...if I can think of any more nominations, I'll post them here.

Lady Vulpix
17th January 2016, 09:11 AM
Here are some nominations I'd been storing for a while.

Bot buster: Greyfox (for his constant efforts at keeping TPM free from spambots).
Image: Mikachu (for all the images he shares with us).
Have you played this game?: Knight of Time (if he hasn't asked you that question yet, you need to talk to him more).
Guardian: Kevin (for keeping a watchful eye over us and coming to the rescue when something goes wrong).
Multitasker: Hypotenuse Man (for being most helpful at AC/CC while being so busy with other things).
Puns puns puns: Drusilla (I thought it was the most award-worthy out of these (https://www.facebook.com/eileen.kanost/posts/10207146149433493), but feel free to nominate her for the others too).
Xenodochial: ChobiChibi (for being so kind and welcoming to a foreigner and showing me around London).
Yes, I'm still writing: DarkestLight and classy_cat18 (that's the answer they give whenever I ask; I'm looking forward to seeing the results).

Greyfox
27th January 2016, 07:36 PM
Absentee - MeLoVeGhOsTs.
Blackula - DarkestLight.
Cherry Ice Cream Smile - Pichu Luver.
Two in the Pink - Ayeun.
One in the Stink - Oslo.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
28th January 2016, 03:19 AM
Sorry for a late entrée, I almost forgot this because I was in an ice hockey game :)

(A)ddiction - Zak
(B)rainteaser - Knight of Time
(C)omrade - RedStarWarrior
(D)efibrillator - Perfect Chaos
(E)mbedded Video - DragoKnight
(G)ayser - Magmar
(H)omer - shazza
(I)dentity - Link
(J)ob In Japan - Roy Karrde
(K)iss - Mr. E
(L)ower case - kurai
(M)agenta - Number1ChanseyFan
(N)ose - Charles Legend
(O).o - DarkestLight
(P)okemon TCG - homeofmew
(Q)uadruple Time - ChobiChibi
(R)eader - mattbcl
(S) in advance please - Fett One
(T)he Last FanFic - Sike Saner
(U)p Here - SupremeChampion
(V)isitor - Mystic Clown
(W)ell-Established - Austrian ViceMaster Alex
(X)tra Dictionary - Lady Vulpix
(Y)oung - Miika Säily
(Z)oo - classy_cat18
Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff(!) - Jeff
Since when did you have life(?) - Blademaster

Lady Vulpix
28th January 2016, 08:21 AM
OK, thanks, everyone!

That last post was a bit late, but I'm still taking it because there haven't been many nominations this time. Voting thread is coming soon. :)