PDA

View Full Version : Re-Introduction

SupremeChampion
26th January 2016, 07:47 AM
Hello to all,
I suppose this is going to serve as a reintroduction to the pokémasters community lol. I joined this forum a long time ago w/ bb88 (who after doing a quick search found that he is banned for some reason or another lol) and after an epic battle w/ a different forum member about the morality of RareCandy use (a search for that member returned negative results, almost 14 years later I finally won lol) which resulted in the mods of that forum closing the topic because the flame war was getting epic, I really got hooked. I posted often, and eventually managed to rise to the rank of moderator of the old RBY myself, which is still probably the coolest thing I've ever done at a message board. Heck I even remember battling on the old IRC server (if that's even still around lol). Unfortunately, as time passed and real life responsibilities grew, I found less and less time to be able to come to the boards I grew up loving so much, and eventually stopped showing up all together. Understandably, I was de-modded and probably faded into obscurity and legend (in my own mind). I popped in a little more than a year ago just to see how the old board was doing. Didn't post, just looked. I felt a strong sense of nostalgia, but I felt like I didn't have the right to post on the board because I hadn't played a new pokémon game since Ruby and because how I departed w/o telling anyone. I even had a friend I used to PM back and forth see that I was on and message me, but I missed it because again I didn't feel worthy to be here. But this cloud does have a silver lining! I recently received a shiny new Nintendo 3DS (it'll always be a GameBoy to me, no matter what they call it lol) and shortly there after picked up a copy of pokémon y. I've played it through and realized all that I had been missing. So as the title of this post suggests, I'm re-introducing myself to the PokéMaters community, where I hope my old friends will welcome me back and where I'll hopefully be able to contribute meaningful conversation to the topics at large. Thanks for taking the time to read my post, can't wait to get cracking.

SC

Link
26th January 2016, 09:47 AM
I remember you, Champion.

Do you play the new games, like Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby, and are you going to get Pokémon Z?

SupremeChampion
26th January 2016, 02:30 PM
haha I remember you, too Link. I don't have Alpha Sapphire or Omega Ruby, though I did like the concept of B/W (or was it B/W 2) that let you battle all the old gym leaders and Elite Four members, but I imagine I will be picking up a copy of Pokémon Z when it comes out. I'll also be stalking out my local GameStops and getting those codes for the legendaries they'll be releasing lol.

SC

Link
26th January 2016, 04:31 PM
Yeah, I got Hoopa. Hoopa U is powerful and scary as any Pokemon ever made.

Knight of Time
26th January 2016, 05:33 PM
Long time no see, SupremeChampion, how you doing?

I see you're still rockin' your signature sky blue font here; I guess it "grew" on you, huh?

Edit: Another thing I noticed, we all have avatars of the same video game character (just different versions), lol.

SupremeChampion
26th January 2016, 11:44 PM
@ Link - is it? I know Hoopa is part of the year long giveaway, so I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for it.

@Knight of Time - I remember you, as well KoT. haha yea I always liked the sky blue font, just trying to be different. and I saw that earlier when I was poking around the board lol. Legend of Zelda is my favorite video game series of all time. What are the odds of that though lol?

SC

firepokemon
27th January 2016, 03:47 AM
Bot battles. Lol, that was such a long time ago. I remember playing on PBS over at pokegym back in 2000. That was so much fun. Now they have these fancy battle simulators and a million pokemon and everything gets banned. Not so much fun anymore. I wasn't active in rby after about 2001. I kinda miss the whole 2D spriting days of pokemon. Omega Ruby looks nice and all but just not the same.

Anyhow I do remember you, so welcome back. We're all ancient now and barely talk about pokemon anymore. And as you can probably tell we're rather quiet. Also most members are banned because I believe people like Jay could find ways to access their accounts etc. so mods were forced to do mass banning.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
27th January 2016, 05:23 AM
Welcome back!

Tu es Français?
Are you French?

Lady Vulpix
27th January 2016, 05:57 AM
Welcome back!

It's been a long time. It's good to see new members returning. :)

That big block of text was hard to read, but I think you must know that some accounts which hadn't been used in many years were preemptively banned to stop webmail 'hackers' from stealing them (I put the word 'hackers' between quotes because, while registering expires e-mails in order to steal accounts can be considered hacking, it's very simple and does not require much computer knowledge).

Anyway, it's nice to see you again!

SupremeChampion
27th January 2016, 07:48 AM
@firepokemon I remember you as well lol. Haha I remember the first field of 64 tournament that was held, and I wanted to participate but was worried either my dial-up would hold me back or my parents would force me off-line XD. And yea you can't beat the old graphics sometimes lol. I will have to let bb88 know though, because he would probably be very confused as to why he was banned. And hopefully I can get ppl talking again lol

@Mikachu thanks! And nah I'm American. My sig used to have the Italian colors due to my Italian heritage. I figured new run, new sig lol. Of course I also thought the red white and blue might be mistaken for French, but decided to roll w/ it

@LadyVulpix thank you! Truth be told I was nervous when I saw you replied lol. You used to be my boss, so I hoped for the best lol. And thanks for the info, I'll let bb88 know. Can't say he was planning on returning as well, but at least I can make fun of him for being banned and I'm not lol. Was the text hard to read because it's wordy or because of the color. I had always posted from a computer before and the sky blue was always easily readable on the dark background, but as I type this from my tablet I realize that sky blue is a b**** to read on white background (and the meCha in my sig for that matter lol). If that's the case I can change my font color lol

SC

Lady Vulpix
27th January 2016, 11:23 AM
It's not the color, it's the large number of words with very little punctuation.

And I was never your boss. >.> Unless you've worked as an assistant teacher at UBA at some point from 2006 to now and never told me it was you. Other than that, all I did was mod forums and run games, and that's nothing like being a boss.

SupremeChampion
28th January 2016, 06:38 AM
haha I see, sorry sometimes when I get on a role I don't know when to stop lol. And I can honestly say I've never been an assistant teacher at UBA, so I guess I stand corrected lol.

SC

Blademaster
29th January 2016, 01:15 AM
I didn't read any of that shit, but good to see a familiar face again anyway. :wave:

Link
29th January 2016, 02:27 PM
Hoopa Unbound is quite possibly the scariest pokemon ever made, even more powerful than Mewtwo mega by far. It has a lot of potential.

SupremeChampion
29th January 2016, 07:03 PM
@Blademaster= I can get wordy, but thanks lol

@Link= that's pretty insane I'm definitely gonna get it now

SC

Mr.E
15th February 2016, 03:18 AM
wooooooooooo

SupremeChampion
17th February 2016, 02:41 PM
haha how you doing Mr. E?

SC

Link
17th February 2016, 05:41 PM
How's everything going, Mr. E?:)

Gavin Luper
25th February 2016, 08:45 AM
Hey mate, I remember you from way back when. Was it you who used to have "l'un e soltanto" in his sig?

SupremeChampion
5th March 2016, 11:54 AM
yes indeed that was me. I changed my signature when I came back to the boards, figured I might as well update the whole thing haha

SC

Lady Vulpix
6th March 2016, 06:44 AM
What about The Italian Stallion?

Link
7th March 2016, 04:31 AM
The Italian Stallion is something I remember also, Champion!:):)

SupremeChampion
12th March 2016, 05:54 AM
listen at one point I was younger and didn't always make the best choices in regards to my signature on this forum lol. I mean I was 16 when I joined (which when you say it out loud isn't as young as I wanted it to be lol). I may or may not have had something like The Italian Stallion in there as well, though my lawyer has advised me of my 5th Amendment right protecting me from self-incrimination :laugh: How do you guys even remember that lol?

SC

Lady Vulpix
12th March 2016, 07:53 AM
Well... I've been told I have a good memory. ;)

SupremeChampion
19th March 2016, 09:06 AM
it would seem that that is a factual statement lol

SC