PDA

View Full Version : Rupaul's Drag Race Season 8

CaptainJigglypuff
7th February 2016, 09:46 AM
Season 8 will start in a month but we know who the queens are. Here are my impressions of them so far.

Acid Betty- I think she will be a top three finalist. She reminds me of Violet and Sharon Needles combined.

Bob the Drag Queen- Another top contender from what I've seen in the interview. Bob is like Jinks Monsoon in terms of personality. Probably will be one of the underdogs of the season.

Cynthia Lee Fontaine- I get a Bebe vibe from her but I don't think she'll make it to the top five.

Chi Chi DeVayne- Reminds me too much of Barbie's friend Nikki. I think I have actually seen Barbie wearing the outfit Chi Chi has on in the promo. Not that it's a bad thing but I think Chi Chi may not get that far.

Derrick Barry- Somewhat strong contender and possible wildcard this season. I think Derrick will make it to the Snatch Game challenge and win it in a landslide due to being a Britney impersonator. Before and after that challenge is a mystery to me.

Dax!- Another strong contender. I predict Dax will make it up to the top five if not the top three. Very different type of Queen than we have seen in past seasons.

Kim Chi- My personal favorite for the season. She's quirky like Ivy Winters and seems to be a queen who can make outrageous outfits for the runway challenges.

Laila McQueen- I personally think she isn't one of the strongest contenders. She doesn't seem like she can compete against the likes of Betty, Bob, Dax, and Kim Chi when it comes to runway looks.

Naomi Smalls- I don't think she will last very long. She seems somewhat dull in both the interview and promo video. But she could also be an underdog like Jinks was.

Nayasha Lopez- Not sure what to make of her. She falls in the middle of whether or not she will go far this season.

Robbie Turner- I think Robbie has a good chance of making it past half the season. We've seen classic vintage queens like Jinks and Bebe go far so Robbie is no different.

Thorgy Thor- Seems to be the weakest. I don't think the clown make up look will get him too far except during the Snatch Game if he chooses to literally be Bozo. Thorgy even said that Bozo was her inspiration for her look and having a pic of you in full clown make up during the interview didn't do you any favors. I think she will be in the bottom two the first week.

Magmar
7th April 2016, 12:44 PM
Ahhhh oh my god, this season is SO MUCH BETTER.

Bob the Drag Queen is bae <3

CaptainJigglypuff
10th April 2016, 08:28 AM
My predictions are Top Three will be Kim, Chi Chi, and Bob, Thorgy is fourth, Robbie is fifth, Derrick is sixth and Naomi is next to go. She is so dull that she hardly is seen on camera aside from Untucked and the Runway and she seems so bored. Naomi also has very little personality to her that we only know that she admires supermodels. That's it. She never even talk to anyone and I often forget she is even there. Where's her spark? Where's the drive to win? Pearl showed more personality and so did Violet. Betty got eliminated because she said that she wasn't planning on lip syncing for her life and Naomi gave a better performance and also Nancy Grace for Snatch Hame was just awful. Betty should have done early Madonna or Cyndi Lauper since the 80s had all sorts of outrageous fashions and also Betty is supposed to be a huge Madonna fan. The runway look was the only thing she did correctly since half did the kimono look. I would have done the Borderline or Like a Virgin street look personally. Either that or the Vogue MTV Music Awards look.