PDA

View Full Version : Deadpool Movie

SupremeChampion
9th February 2016, 10:18 AM
is there anyone else here that's looking forward to the Deadpool movie? I think it's going to be good, even though it's not by Marvel and it's starring Ryan Reynolds. It looks like it's be staying true to the comics which is cool and it's rated R so you don't have to worry about it curbing anything. I know Reynolds got a bad rap for the Green Lantern movie but it looks like he does a good job as Deadpool. I'm not gonna lie I'm more excited about it then I thought I would be and would probably go see it opening day if I wasn't working haha

SC

Fett One
9th February 2016, 04:53 PM
I'm a Deadpool fan so definitely looking forward to seeing it. From what I've been reading it sounds like it will be good.

Master Rudy
10th February 2016, 12:05 AM
I'm here to hijack another thread! This thread is now about Deadpool!

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/12592327_815968518532654_6931443202450972202_n.jpg ?oh=9391678e0475884da1138bd98db6d981&oe=5738DEC0

......wait a minute.....

SupremeChampion
10th February 2016, 06:22 AM
I mean it really does. Both the green and red band trailer look hilarious, and it has good action sequences. I mean I think it really does the comics justice, though I don't think they would ever be able to do a true cross over w/ the X-Men (like having him pop up in AoA or something like that) just due to the nature of his character. You tone him down, you end up with the Deadpool that was at the end of the Wolverine Origins movie haha.

and that is a great picture, sounding mostly accurate lol

SC

Mr.E
15th February 2016, 03:25 AM
First movie I've went to see in theaters in years.

Good stuff. :megamon:

Fett One
15th February 2016, 10:52 AM
I liked it. The humor was spot on for Deadpool and the violence level was appropriate for Deadpool as well. I can't wait for the sequel.

SupremeChampion
17th February 2016, 02:17 PM
you guys are lucky, I still haven't seen it yet. Not for lack of wanting to, mind you, but because I haven't had the time. I will be going to see it though ASAP, I've only heard good things about it.

SC

Gavin Luper
26th February 2016, 09:28 AM
Deadpool was awesome - one of the best movies I have seen in a long time, and definitely the best superhero movie I've seen in years.

I find that the superhero genre of films has become so joyless in the post-Nolan era (The Dark Knight onwards - I loved that movie, but it has a lot to answer for). And then along comes Deadpool. Ryan Reynolds was born to play that role, I reckon. The chemistry between him and Morena Baccarin was actually interesting and believable. And the humour - the gloves were off. It was raw and powerful in the serious parts and hilarious elsewhere. It was anything but joyless - I loved it.

Link
26th February 2016, 01:44 PM
My brother saw it and thought it was awesome!!

SupremeChampion
2nd March 2016, 06:52 AM
finally saw it, it was fantastic lol. Humor was great, all the subtle and not so subtle jabs were well done. The violence was right where it should be, I agree it was one of the best super hero movies I've seen in a long time. I can't believe A.) parents are taking their kids to see this movie (like 12-13 year olds lol) and B.) they want a PG-13 version. for one, I mean I don't mind letting your kid see a movie, but a definitely R movie is not for young kids. and two, if they did make a PG-13 version, it would lose so much. Suck it up parents, be a parent and draw a line. You don't have to be your kids best friend and give them everything they want all the time. I can't wait to either see this movie again or get it on DVD lol

SC

chickachickahhh

Blademaster
2nd March 2016, 04:22 PM
Saw it with my Dad yesterday. It was pretty funny. And I fucking knew that the post-credit scene would be what it was. I called that shit.

shazza
3rd March 2016, 04:03 AM
I enjoyed it, but at times found it emotionally annoying. It was like this unsettling blend of all genres. When your emotions are in line with one genre, it just changes shit up.

Magmar
3rd March 2016, 04:39 PM
I really liked the film. I found it to be tongue in cheek and refreshing in a genre that can take itself a little too seriously.

SupremeChampion
5th March 2016, 11:12 AM
you're absolutely right Magmar. Everyone wants to make the next dark, gritty superhero movie (like Gavin said), that sometimes they forget some of the character in their movies are actually pretty funny. You can have a serious movie that's all dark and gritty if you work in the right amount of humor and good dialog.

SC