PDA

View Full Version : Magearna

Jeff
15th February 2016, 12:09 PM
So, thoughts on this? Other than the fact that it looks like the lovechild of Klink and Mega Diancie. There, I said it.

Anyway, plenty of people are assuming that this is the first 7th gen Pokemon, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that might not be the case. Seeing as it's being called a "Mythical" Pokemon, which is a term that Nintendo likes to use for Event Legendaries, I think it's more likely going to be added to Gen 6 via an update.

New Event Legendaries are usually not announced so early in a generation, and are definitely not the first in their generation to be announced. In fact, Gen 7 has yet to even be announced, which means we won't be getting the games by the time this movie comes out. So, there will be no way to distribute Magearna in the current games to tie in with the movie (as we all know they'll want to do), unless the Gen 6 games get patched by the distro. Nintendo has been getting more comfortable with patching games in recent years, much more so than when X and Y first came out, and this might be a test to try adding more pokemon to an existing game via a patch. If that's that case, it's likely that the days of data mining Event Legendaries out of new gen games are over. We won't know what kinds of pokemon will be added to new gen games until they are announced. Which is actually pretty cool. I actually like the idea of not being spoiled.

So yeah, in short, unless Gen 7 comes out by this summer (unlikely) or Nintendo decides that they don't want to use a Magearna distribution to promote the movie (very unlikely) I believe that this will be the first event-exclusive pokemon that will be patched into our games.

Knight of Time
15th February 2016, 01:00 PM
Hmm, I'm not sure if this new Pokemon is going to be our first discovered 7th generation Pokemon. I mean, it's definitely possible, but there's a part of me wondering if we have every single Pokemon discovered for the 6th generation?

But long story short, I can definitely agree with you that this Pokemon might be a new addition to the 6th generation.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
15th February 2016, 03:51 PM
That's one odd looking critter. Anyway, it might as well be for a future generation game. Have they done that before, releasing a mysterious Pokémon first and then game comes later?

Drago
15th February 2016, 04:01 PM
Magearna... the Artificial Pokemon

http://41.media.tumblr.com/346b3817670f0d7f4fc5810ace639c57/tumblr_n8kmj1BI871tet14uo1_1280.jpg
"You don't say?"

Lady Vulpix
15th February 2016, 05:12 PM
That's one odd looking critter. Anyway, it might as well be for a future generation game. Have they done that before, releasing a mysterious Pokémon first and then game comes later?Many times. First Marill, then Kecleon, then Chatot... then I lost track.

firepokemon
15th February 2016, 05:53 PM
I really think Magiana would have been so much better. Anyway seeing as Gen 5 had sequels to black and white. I'm calling Gen 6.5. 60 new pokemon was artifically low. Too early for a new gen with NX coming at some stage this year and plenty of old mons that could get mega stones. Besides there is still Zygrade to work out.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
15th February 2016, 11:52 PM
Many times. First Marill, then Kecleon, then Chatot... then I lost track.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Marill. Wasn't that the one they called Pikablu at some point?

Jeff
16th February 2016, 03:15 AM
Yeah, that was a fan-made name because we didn't know its actual name. Then there was Togepi before it. In fact, if you want to see which pokemon was introduced first from each generation (Except the first generation) look at the banner at the top of these forums. Togepi, Kecleon, and Munchlax were all introduced via the anime. Zoroark was shown on a TV show and Chespin was unveiled along with the other starters online.

Lady Vulpix
18th February 2016, 02:52 PM
Yeah, that was a fan-made name because we didn't know its actual name. Then there was Togepi before it. In fact, if you want to see which pokemon was introduced first from each generation (Except the first generation) look at the banner at the top of these forums. Togepi, Kecleon, and Munchlax were all introduced via the anime. Zoroark was shown on a TV show and Chespin was unveiled along with the other starters online.
Interesting! I hadn't noticed that.

Link
18th February 2016, 03:48 PM
This thing looks nice. I hope they include it in a future main series pokemon game!

Blademaster
19th February 2016, 07:33 AM
Definitely looks related to Diancie to me.

Link
19th February 2016, 07:47 AM
Definitely looks related to Diancie to me.

That's the same thing I thought.

Blademaster
24th February 2016, 04:41 PM
Maybe it's like an old-time version of Mewtwo. Man wants rare Pokemon, man builds rare Pokemon, rare Pokemon fucks off for awhile and gets a promo event for its troubles.

Jeff
24th February 2016, 05:08 PM
So... rumors have been floating around about a "Pokemon Rainbow" and now we're getting a Direct Friday. There's a possibility that Magearna is related to all of this. If there is a new Pokemon game coming out this Fall/Holiday Season, then maybe the event this Summer will give you a pokemon or item in the Gen 6 games and that will unlock Magearna in Pokemon Rainbow.

Charles Legend
25th February 2016, 09:25 AM
Seventh Gen Confirmed, Pokémon Sun And Pokémon Moon, calling it now the region will be based off of mesoamerica.

~Charles Legend

Jeff
25th February 2016, 12:37 PM
Yeah, I heard about that and my first reaction was that plenty of Pokemon game names have been registered and never used (WhiteGold anyone?), and then I saw the logos...

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Trademarks,_logos_for_Pok%C3%A9mon_Sun_and_Moon_un covered

Not sure if any other unused name got a logo before. Also, according to that article, Masuda made a reference to the sun and moon and even posted a picture of the moon during the day. Sounds like we have our new games. We'll know for sure tomorrow.

Link
25th February 2016, 01:15 PM
Seventh gen? Wow, that is awesome!!:):):)

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
27th February 2016, 03:43 AM
Ah, new games to play, very good! I'm looking forward to them.