PDA

View Full Version : Missing the Good Old Days. Adulting is no Fun

Mikey
23rd March 2016, 11:41 AM
Hey TPM! It's been a very long time! After days of wrestling with my account I finally managed to remember the password (the email I used back then no longer exists so I couldn't even recover it)

Just wondering if any of my old friends are around still? Granted it's been like what? 11 years since I was a mod and such. Life is fast!!!

Susie? Zack? I'm pretty sure Sam is still here! Miss you all! I'm gonna' try to stick around this time :p

So this is my introduction/welcome back thread. I used to moderate this forum (Misc. Discussion) way back until 2005-6ish. That was the gold old days of AIM chatrooms and sweet innocence.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
23rd March 2016, 12:28 PM
Welcome back, I hope you'll have a good time around here once more.

Some of the old crew is still dropping in though we're all old farts by now, especially me.

Link
23rd March 2016, 09:42 PM
Hello, Mikey I remember you quite vividly. How are you doing and do you plan to get Pokémon Sun and Moon, or Z?

Magmar
23rd March 2016, 11:19 PM
Howdy! Welcome back! We're... still here. ;)

Drago
23rd March 2016, 11:29 PM
We should have a former misc mod party. It'll be exquisite.

Lady Vulpix
24th March 2016, 07:22 AM
Hey, Mikey! Do you still like it? ;)

It's good to see you again! It's like we're having a big TPM reunion these days. I hope everyone stays this time.

Oh... About the title... try to make time for some fun every now and then. As often as possible. You can still enjoy your life, you just need to find a way to organize your time so you can make the best of it. And also pay more attention to all the things you can be grateful for.

Mikey
24th March 2016, 09:03 AM
Gabby! Nice to hear from you too! Haha, of course I still like it!

The title was more of a joke lol. I am well into adulting. Have a good job. I'm married now and have the cutest pug ever! I just don't like adulting because up until recently for like 8 years I have been working at Disney World portraying Peter Pan :p NEVER GROW UP! Nowadays I own my own graphic design company and work for Disney seasonally.

How's the forums nowadays? Blasts from the pasts showing up commonly it sounds like!

I am definitely getting Pokemon Sun and Moon. I also have recently picked Omega Ruby back up after not playing a Pokemon game in over a year.

Lady Vulpix
24th March 2016, 12:38 PM
Wow, it sounds like you have quite an interesting life!

I'm still teaching at university, but now I'm also working as a programmer and I finished my doctorate in late 2014.

TPM-wise, I'm still trying to breathe some activity into AC/CC. Now that Amy's back, Shonta and Jeff are rather active and Will and Alex are lurking, we may have a chance at making a good comeback. :) Oh, and Kyle is there too, just hasn't written anything in a while.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
24th March 2016, 12:48 PM
Welcome back! Too bad this forum is full of my eccentric posts now! Mwahahaha!

ChobiChibi
24th March 2016, 01:13 PM
I just don't like adulting because up until recently for like 8 years I have been working at Disney World portraying Peter Pan :p NEVER GROW UP! Nowadays I own my own graphic design company and work for Disney seasonally.

How long ago were you Peter Pan? And were you the only one? My friend had a pic with Peter Pan at Disney World last September. The guy looked like a ginger version of my fiancé XD It would be a totally small world if that was you!

I'll see if I can get a pic of the pic...

Welcome back! I'm not sure I knew you...

Mikey
24th March 2016, 01:33 PM
How long ago were you Peter Pan? And were you the only one? My friend had a pic with Peter Pan at Disney World last September. The guy looked like a ginger version of my fiancé XD It would be a totally small world if that was you!

I'll see if I can get a pic of the pic...

Welcome back! I'm not sure I knew you...

Last September I was doing it for Disney Cruise line so it most likely wasn't me, but I'm sure I know the person in the pic.

Drago
24th March 2016, 07:22 PM
Gabby! Nice to hear from you too! Haha, of course I still like it!

The title was more of a joke lol. I am well into adulting. Have a good job. I'm married now and have the cutest pug ever! I just don't like adulting because up until recently for like 8 years I have been working at Disney World portraying Peter Pan :p NEVER GROW UP! Nowadays I own my own graphic design company and work for Disney seasonally.

How's the forums nowadays? Blasts from the pasts showing up commonly it sounds like!

I am definitely getting Pokemon Sun and Moon. I also have recently picked Omega Ruby back up after not playing a Pokemon game in over a year.
Photos or didn't happen. Can you let us in on all of the rules? Is it still true that if someone mentions a non-Disney area in the real world you just have to act like you don't understand? Were you working during the era where Toy Story characters had to drop to the ground whenever someone yelled 'Andy is coming'?

Blademaster
25th March 2016, 11:57 PM
Hello, yet another person I don't know! :wave: