PDA

View Full Version : I don't speak French, but this looks funny.

Lady Vulpix
1st April 2016, 06:10 PM
https://twitter.com/Parc_OL/status/715789249992335365/photo/1

A translation would be welcome. In any case... would you like to play a game on blue grass?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
1st April 2016, 11:16 PM
I think it's

"Goodbye the green!! A whole new lawn is installed in Parc OL to the end of the season!!"

Prepositions have always been my weakness, Finnish deals so differently with those things.

Magmar
2nd April 2016, 06:16 PM
I think it's

"Goodbye the green!! A whole new lawn is installed in Parc OL to the end of the season!!"

Prepositions have always been my weakness, Finnish deals so differently with those things.

Sometimes in English, "the green" is jargon for the football field, or baseball, or American football, basically any sport that involves playing on grass--even golf will, literally, call it "the green".

The remainder of the translation works with many prepositions, but I think "for the rest of the season" sounds about right!

Lady Vulpix
3rd April 2016, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the translation, guys. :)

Anyway... would you like to see that blue grass if it were real? I think I would.

Magmar
3rd April 2016, 07:37 PM
I'd really enjoy experiencing something like this for sure! I don't think I'd travel just for this unless I won the lottery, ha

Oslo
4th April 2016, 01:29 AM
In French, le/la/les precede abstract nouns. "Le bonheur" means "happiness" and "la crainte" means "fear" and so on. So "adieu le vert" could just be taken as "goodbye, green."

Anyway. Blue field looks weird.