PDA

View Full Version : Account needs activation.

Zak
2nd April 2016, 06:09 AM
Never received an email, saw the announcement and came here accordingly.

Lady Vulpix
2nd April 2016, 08:45 AM
You're a bit late for the costume party, Zak. That was a nice post you made in Misc, though. But your user title is scary.

Zak
2nd April 2016, 09:05 AM
It was still 10pm here when I posted that... Albeit a bit late.

As for my user title, true I did have it before April 1, but it is actually satire as well since it's the kind of thing people would assume about me, but not true. I've mentioned that in Mt. Moon.

Lady Vulpix
2nd April 2016, 09:47 AM
Yes, well, I don't pay much attention to Mt. Moon. I did believe it was satire, though. Otherwise I wouldn't have told you it was scary. Instead I would have remained as far away from you as possible.

Zak
3rd April 2016, 05:22 PM
Yes, well, I don't pay much attention to Mt. Moon. I did believe it was satire, though. Otherwise I wouldn't have told you it was scary. Instead I would have remained as far away from you as possible.

I know this isn't really the place to say this, but I don't think it's fair to alienate people based on their political opinions. Unless maybe they were denying the Holocaust or supporting a similar sort of totalitarian genocide/oppression of civilians, which we both know this guy is not, even if there are cartoons using hyperbole comparing them to him. He certainly has his faults, but they definitely are not on that level.
Like I said, I don't support the guy and my custom title was just there to push buttons, however I do believe the media tends to exaggerate on his image to the extreme, to the point where there are things floating around which aren't even true, or at the very least not as bad/unreasonable as they're made out to be. My only issue with him is that he acts and speaks without thinking and is overall narcissistic, such that it would be unsettling to have him in that position. I really don't think he is a bad person who warrants that sort of mentality though. He does have a following for a reason.

I could go into it further but that's better suited for a Misc discussion (which I may open soon).