PDA

View Full Version : Irony

Heald
13th April 2016, 10:23 AM
When the man tasked to get rid of the cancer in Misc...gets cancer himself.

I'm posting this from the hospital I've been lying in all day being pumped full of poison and occassionally getting up to go be sick. Unpleasant is an understatement.

Ok, so a few weeks ago I reported to my doctor as I was exhibiting various low-level symptoms of discomfort. A week later I was told I have a tumour and the signs of early stage cancer. A week later the tumour has been surgically removed and I definitely do have cancer. Then I get told the good news: I can be cured but I need to have a few months of very aggressive life-saving chemotherapy.

Which is where I am now.

Anyway, I guess...ask a guy who has cancer anything?

Also feel free to make pop-culture cancer references I will appreciate, such as from The Room, or Archer.

Gavin Luper
13th April 2016, 11:39 AM
Hey Heald mate - sorry to hear your news. That sucks big hairy balls. I've watched my Mum go through several rounds of full-on chemo when she had cancer on two different occasions and now my aunty is going through the same. I can only imagine from their stories how yuck it makes you feel. Cancer is really a big bucket of crap, and I don't imagine chemo feels like anything much better but at least it is saving your life. This whole experience must have been pretty bad for you - thoughts are with you, man.

On the bright side, a positive attitude can be a huge part of getting through all this. It probably sounds naff but finding ways to laugh or look on the light side could be quite beneficial to your recovery. So if you need someone to laugh with/laugh at, TPM is here for you.

And on that note, since you specifically requested this type of levity... I know you got the results back, but do you definitely have breast cancer?

Magmar
13th April 2016, 02:18 PM
Damn, I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with this! Hopefully you'll be out of hospital in time for the summer. Just let me know if you need any groceries.

Master Rudy
13th April 2016, 11:15 PM
Well good to hear you'll make a recovery. The chemo is going to suck however :-/
Anyway hang in there bro. Also since you did ask for Archer.....

1PdP0LRdHzk

Blademaster
14th April 2016, 01:25 AM
You better not fucking die man. :(

firepokemon
14th April 2016, 05:19 AM
I'm tempted to go and? or get over it. But alas, I sincerely wish you all the best in the next few months as you battle through the chemo and come out the other side. Then please go back to being your bad ass cancerous bastad that you always were.

Drago
14th April 2016, 07:58 AM
Oh for fuck fucking asshole's sake, that's fucked. I'd say I'm sorry, but I'm not sorry - I'm pissed off. You're a don, a bruh, a homey, a boss: cancer should not have ever fucked with you. In fact, It'll be fucking sorry it ever did.

So I ask the important question: does this affect your ability to drink? When you've kicked this shit firmly in the ass, you'd best hit the grog heartily. Stay strong. Stay Heald.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
14th April 2016, 08:41 AM
Get well soon, mate.

ChobiChibi
14th April 2016, 11:29 AM
Cancer is an asshole. I've lost too many people to cancer recently, glad to hear that you're in the process of kicking it's butt.

We should hang out when you're ready. It's been too long, Guston <3

(Sorry I'm not so cheery. I'll come back with something better, promise).

Heald
14th April 2016, 01:29 PM
Thanks everyone, actually shed a tear reading those comments.

In every likelihood I am gonna pull through. Second day of chemo today was actually somewhat better. Just so tired now. But I am gonna kick this thing's ass.

And yes, I won't be drinking for a few months. But the after-party is gonna be sweet.

ChobiChibi
14th April 2016, 04:33 PM
I present to you, this image:

http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1199844/james-gunn-explains-why-deadpool-made-so-much-money-844407.jpg

You're a superhero, man :D

shazza
15th April 2016, 02:20 AM
Terribly sorry to hear, Heald. I think this hit me a bit because you and Becki are hitherto the only two TPM members I've met in real life.

Looking forward to reading your first post-recovery beer celebratory post. x

Magmar
15th April 2016, 11:35 PM
Qe4ValsCgtY

Blademaster
16th April 2016, 12:39 AM
In every likelihood I am gonna pull through.

Okay great. Now I can make jokes about this incredibly serious and close-to-home-hitting topic.

First joke: Why did Heald cross the road?

Master Rudy
17th April 2016, 12:34 AM
First joke: Why did Heald cross the road?

This is going to end with one of us calling you a dick, isn't it?

SupremeChampion
17th April 2016, 06:12 AM
hey Helad I'm so sorry to hear this news, definitely not the good kind. but I am very happy to hear that they expect you to pull through, because that is definitely awesome news. also, since I love Archer :dance:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/34/91/46/349146ae2baa1127b2e733491a02e231.jpg

SC

Lady Vulpix
17th April 2016, 08:12 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, Heald. At least they said it's curable. I hope you can stay strong during the treatment and get well.

Blademaster
18th April 2016, 12:35 AM
This is going to end with one of us calling you a dick, isn't it?

That is not up to me, I'm afraid. :ninja:

RedStarWarrior
19th April 2016, 02:56 AM
Fuck.

Fuck.

Glad it was caught early.

CaptainJigglypuff
20th April 2016, 03:02 AM
Sorry to hear this. My mom had stage four lung cancer and it was inoperable. It was very sad to see her the very last visit I had to her house. She had to go on chemo after a year of doing an experimental treatment and it made her so sick she couldn't eat that much. At least yours was caught early.

Heald
18th July 2016, 01:27 PM
Update.

I finished my chemotherapy a few weeks ago and after a scan I have been told the treatment appears to have worked so no more treatment for the moment, will need to go back in a few months time for another scan to ensure it has not returned.

All in all pretty good news.

Knight of Time
18th July 2016, 01:33 PM
Glad to hear things are progressing in the right direction, Heald.

Yeah, I'm hoping your cancer doesn't return...if it does though, we're all here for you.

Shadow Wolf
18th July 2016, 02:17 PM
Battle on Heald! Make sure to avoid stress and make things you enjoy. A fun and healthy lifestyle leads to a body full of energy.

shazza
19th July 2016, 08:03 AM
Fuck yeah! Now time for some Pokémon GO!

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
19th July 2016, 10:01 AM
That's good news indeed.

Magmar
19th July 2016, 11:18 AM
Great news man! Keep on truckin'

Lady Vulpix
20th July 2016, 07:35 AM
That's great to hear, Heald! I hope it never bothers you again.

Blademaster
21st July 2016, 11:18 PM
So Heald is going to live and nobody called me a dick.

This thread has been a great success all around.