PDA

View Full Version : Live action Pokemon movie?

Jeff
17th April 2016, 02:12 PM
http://screenrant.com/pokemon-live-action-film-legendary-pictures/?utm_source=SR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=SR-FB-P

This should come as no surprise given Nintendo's recent attempts to diversify, like the Nintendo themed area at Universal Studios and the rumored Zelda Netflix series. But also, given the appeal to nostalgia that Nintendo seems to be going for with the Pokemon series (such as Pokemon Go only having Gen 1 pokemon) it would make sense that a live-action movie would be just as much for the older fans as the younger ones. With a bidding war going on, that could be even better news. If one of those studios ends up paying a hefty price for the rights, it could push them to actually do something decent with the project instead of some lame Uwe Boll-directed garbage. Thoughts?

Lady Vulpix
17th April 2016, 02:15 PM
Sounds interesting, but considering what the anime is like, I wouldn't have much hope for the movie. I'll probably wait until someone I know has seen it before watching it myself.

Knight of Time
17th April 2016, 02:18 PM
I heard about this movie too, but the number one thing that concerns me about it right now is the Pokemon. For this movie to work, would the Pokemon have to be made in CGI or something?

Even then, I just can't imagine seeing this movie unless I heard either a lot more about it, and/or some positive reviews in the event it does make it to theaters.

Blademaster
18th April 2016, 12:41 AM
It'd suck because it'd miss the point of Pokemon and have a 'serious' cast and a completely dissociated story like Dragonball Evolution did.

Link
18th April 2016, 01:24 AM
Dragonball Evolution is quite a bad movie.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
20th April 2016, 07:26 AM
What if it's like Pokémon Apokélypse?

sDX1m0Y2Vkg

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
20th April 2016, 09:59 AM
No matter how much I ponder the concept I cannot possibly think of a way that this would not be a terrible movie.

Oslo
20th April 2016, 09:40 PM
This movie would be such crap and therefore I want to see it sososo much.

SupremeChampion
4th May 2016, 05:31 AM
years ago I would have said this would have been an awful idea. But I mean with what they can do with special effects, I think at least visually they can pull it off. Story-wise, I mean I don't know lol. Dragonball Evolution was pretty rough. It would take a special story to have it be a serious movie while staying true to the anime. Of course I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't let anyone half-ass the movie (I mean look at the Super Mario Brothers movie lol), so who knows.

SC