PDA

View Full Version : yu-gi-oh? hum, maybe i could get some tips

Alec Trevelyan
7th May 2003, 05:51 PM
well, as some of u know, i'm starting to play yugioh now, but i'm not that into the game, so, if you could tell me some tips i would appreciate, i've 1 kaiba's and 1 yugi's deck, and some boosters are arriving here, then i'll list the cards... which "mix" could i make w/ mine 2 decks to build a better one?

tkz

Wergoheb
8th May 2003, 06:08 PM
those two decks give you a good start, and puts you well on your way to having a descent deck. But, they are not enough. For any real competitive play, you will need to spend some money on cards. Labrynth of Nightmare has alot of cards decks can be built arround. I would also invest in the Pegasus and Kaiba starter decks also.

There are some descnet cards in the deck... including, but not limited to:

Summoned Skull, Giant Soldier of Stone, Dark Hole, Fissure, Trap Hole, De-Spell, Monster Reborn, Change of Heart, Wall of Illusion, Waboku, Man-Eater Bug, La Jinn the Mystical Genie of the Lamp, Just Desserts, and Blue-Eyes White Dragon (kind of.)

Alec Trevelyan
9th May 2003, 05:50 PM
tkz for those tips, but arent those cards pretty expensive? =/ , well, i was wondering if any1 can tell me a good yugioh forum... tkz

pokemasterfrank
10th May 2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Alec Trevelyan
tkz for those tips, but arent those cards pretty expensive? =/ , well, i was wondering if any1 can tell me a good yugioh forum... tkz

All of those cards are included in the Kaiba and Yugi decks.

Chrisodeo
11th May 2003, 02:02 AM
Chris's Tip #1: Two-tribute monsters should not ever be used, except in rare cases. You'll learn more about that on your own as you grow more experienced.

Chris's Tip #2: The only single-tribute monsters you could be using are Summoned Skull, Jinzo, and Ha-Des (in the set coming out later this month). Maybe, just maybe, you can put in a Labyrinth Wall.

Chris's Tip #3: All monsters you use in a deck should either be 1800 (or 1900) Atk, have high defenses, and/or have an effect. Remember, there's exceptions to every rule. Personally, I play a Grav. Bind deck, so I run a Zombie Dragon.

Chris's Tip #4: Make a deck theme. This doesn't necessarily have to be followed, but you may not get anywhere with a Gravity Bind + Beatdown + Deck Destruction + burner deck, if ya know what I mean. Pick one, stick with it if it works. If not, try something else.

Chris's Tip #5: Last one, I promise. You should never, and I repeat never have more than 45 cards in your deck. At the very least you can have 40. Try to stay as close to that as possible. This is the only rule that has no exception.

Alec Trevelyan
11th May 2003, 09:23 PM
Yeah, monster reborn, change of heart, de-spell, trap hole i know they come on theme decks, but does summoned skull comes too? curso of the dragon, and other goodies

pokemasterfrank
12th May 2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Alec Trevelyan
Yeah, monster reborn, change of heart, de-spell, trap hole i know they come on theme decks, but does summoned skull comes too? curso of the dragon, and other goodies

Yeah, all the ones listed above are found in the theme decks...I should know, my deck is pretty much relied heavly on the cards from the theme decks :/.

Kokomo
21st May 2003, 04:58 PM
wondering if any1 can tell me a good yugioh forum... tkz

www.yugioh-dungeon.com

I used to go there when I cared.:rolleyes:

Alec Trevelyan
21st May 2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Kokomo
www.yugioh-dungeon.com

I used to go there when I cared.:rolleyes:

tkz d00d

The Muffin Man
21st May 2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Chrisodeo
Chris's Tip #1: Two-tribute monsters should not ever be used, except in rare cases. You'll learn more about that on your own as you grow more experienced.
~This is very true. There are very few, if any, REALLY good 2 Trib. monsters. Sure, cards like Dark Necrofear seem alot more expensive, but they have MUCH better effects. Rarely should you use anything like a 2 Trib. monster of "remove from game to summon" monsters.

Chris's Tip #2: The only single-tribute monsters you could be using are Summoned Skull, Jinzo, and Ha-Des (in the set coming out later this month). Maybe, just maybe, you can put in a Labyrinth Wall.
~Not always true. Depending on the deck, you can usually squeeze in some good 5+6 monsters, but still a good rule of thumb.

Chris's Tip #3: All monsters you use in a deck should either be 1800 (or 1900) Atk, have high defenses, and/or have an effect. Remember, there's exceptions to every rule. Personally, I play a Grav. Bind deck, so I run a Zombie Dragon.
~And if you don't run a Gravity Bind deck, Goblin Attack Force MUST be in all decks except a VERY VERY FEW. Seriously, it's one of the best monsters out there, and when played right, you can destroy your opponents LP.

Chris's Tip #4: Make a deck theme. This doesn't necessarily have to be followed, but you may not get anywhere with a Gravity Bind + Beatdown + Deck Destruction + burner deck, if ya know what I mean. Pick one, stick with it if it works. If not, try something else.

Chris's Tip #5: Last one, I promise. You should never, and I repeat never have more than 45 cards in your deck. At the very least you can have 40. Try to stay as close to that as possible. This is the only rule that has no exception.

Last Exile
27th May 2003, 10:41 PM
Boosters - Metal Raiders and Labyrinth of Nightmares. Get several of them (7-10) then go searching for specifics.

Theme - After you've bought enough boosters, pick a theme. Beatdown, burner, stall, etc. And what monster type too. Dragon, Fiend, Warrior, Spellcaster, etc.

General rules -

1. Have some 1900 L4 monsters and some 1800 L4s

2. Good effect mosnters - Magician of Faith, Man-Eater Bug, Penguin Soldier, Maha Vailo, Witch of the Black Forest, Sangan

3. Magic cards - Check Beckett guides. There are plenty. But make sure you check out http://www.upperdeckentertainment.com/yugioh for a list of cards that are restricted to one or two per deck.

4. Trap cards - same as magic.

Basically, have a few L8 monsters but not many. Make sure your L4s can be boosted to deal quick damage too. If you wanna know what Magic and Trap Cards are best, check the Restricted List. You'll probably need at least 15 of what's on there.

And ask to see cards before you buy them. Make sure they will fit into your deck.