PDA

View Full Version : OPERATION RPG FORUM

Drago
22nd June 2016, 06:08 AM
Alright, so let's talk some real spit for a moment.

When I joined TPM in 2001, it was because of the RPG forum. The concept of being able to join up with people to tell a story that was progressive (and decidedly Pokemon-related. Come on, I was 13 at the time) was freakin' thrilling.

The last I checked, the RPG forum hasn't seen a post since October 2015. Prior to that, March of 2015. And that is

completely fucked up.

In the most recent post, Crystal Tears started up a sign up thread for an RPG that sounds pretty frickin' cool to me, which garnered three replies. Three, man.

I know that TPM is dead. I don't deny that [AND DON'T MAKE THIS THREAD A WHOLE 'TPM ISN'T DEAD' SPIEL, BECAUSE FUCK THAT] and I have long accepted that. But we do still have a very small, very tragic community tethered together here.

And yet, you're telling me that group couldn't pull off one more fucking RPG?

Let's do it, guys. Let's fucking do it. Let's band together and just tell a story. I know you guys. I know that you can do it; I've known most of you for more than half of my fucking life. We can pull this off, I swear. It'll help to weather the storm until the brief and tepid 'surge' that'll come with Sun/Moon's release.

...Are you in?

ChobiChibi
22nd June 2016, 07:33 AM
^ This guy, man. This guy. Makes me so so so happy <3

I'm thinking, man. If you've got any ideas for anything, send them my way. LETS DO THIS BRO.

Lady Vulpix
22nd June 2016, 07:53 AM
One of the ways you're killing TPM is by posting everything on Mt. Moon. :P

I used to play RPGs here back in 2000-2001, but I would inevitably fall behind because I was too busy to keep up. I'm still playing AC/CC (which is sort of an RPG) and it fits my schedule (i.e. it's reeeeeeally slow). It's been going for over 15 years and still taking signups. So... I really like that. I would join another RPG, but I'm afraid I'd fall behind yet again.

ChobiChibi
22nd June 2016, 09:16 AM
Gabi, I think that was the point of putting it in Mt Moon. More people would see it there...

Oh well.

Lady Vulpix
22nd June 2016, 09:33 AM
That's not what Mt. Moon is for. The purpose of Mt. Moon is to post things that wouldn't fit elsewhere because they break the rules.

If we're not going to use the different areas of the board, we might as well leave the board altogether and post only on Facebook.

Perfect Chaos
22nd June 2016, 12:05 PM
RPGs man....the good ol days...

Color me intrigued

ChobiChibi
22nd June 2016, 02:11 PM
I'm so up for this, I've even got CT involved.

That's right. This shit is getting serious now.

EDIT: PLEASE GO TO THIS THREAD AND RESPOND IF YOU'RE COOL WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN FUTURE RPGS.
http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27441

Love love <3

Drago
20th August 2018, 09:23 AM
I'm still onboard for this btw :love:

ChobiChibi
30th August 2018, 06:33 AM
How has it taken me this long to see this? D:

Me too. I miss you lot. I’d love something that’s not too much commitment, y’know? Sie and I used to RP over MSN, so everything was short and sweet and instant. Replicating something like that appeals to me as it would be something that only took 30 mins rather than hours to write (i’m a slow writer).

Peeps reply to this plz. I’ll go find my overlord and see what she says.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
30th August 2018, 07:54 AM
Well, with ASB gone, there seems to be very little to do here at TPM, so why not?