PDA

View Full Version : [Chat Thread] I'll think of a creative name for it later...

Greyfox
5th August 2016, 04:17 PM
Hey, all. Thought I would clean up the place.

Who wants to talk about pokémon? I heard Sun and Moon are coming out soon.

Perfect Chaos
5th August 2016, 04:21 PM
Pokemon Go is so much more fun when you're botting :O

Knight of Time
5th August 2016, 04:24 PM
I wish I had Pokemon Go, but unfortunately, I don't have a mobile phone.

I do plan to buy one as soon as I can find a job (hopefully one where I can get the people working there to know I have asperger's syndrome, because it is a gift to me).

As for Pokemon Sun and Moon, I'm considering getting both maybe someday.

Glad this place is starting to liven up again too. :)

Greyfox
5th August 2016, 04:26 PM
Pokémon Go is much more fun when there are pokémon around. Stupid mountains.

Oh! I forgot to mention that I live in the mountains now. I suppose I should update my location...

Mikachu Yukitatsu
5th August 2016, 10:43 PM
I do plan to buy one as soon as I can find a job (hopefully one where I can get the people working there to know I have asperger's syndrome, because it is a gift to me).

Good luck, Knight of Time! Did I understand correctly, have you grown to consider the Asperger's as a gift, rather than a shame?

Blademaster
6th August 2016, 03:59 AM
Pokémon Go is much more fun when there are pokémon around. Stupid mountains.

I feel your pain.

Knight of Time
16th August 2016, 06:25 PM
Good luck, Knight of Time! Did I understand correctly, have you grown to consider the Asperger's as a gift, rather than a shame?

Yes I have, and I'm going to do as much as I can to get other people educated about it, if they don't know much or anything about it. I'm not going to let it hold me back as much as I used to let it.

DarkestLight
16th August 2016, 06:26 PM
>.>
:: Lives in mountains too.
96/151 caught.
Calling shenanigans on them both.::

BTPoke
16th August 2016, 11:52 PM
Does everyone except for me live in the mountains?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
17th August 2016, 04:37 AM
I don't but I might not buy a smartphone for a long time so no Pokemon Go for me.

ChobiChibi
17th August 2016, 08:50 AM
I live in the city, I find all different kinds of Pokemon everyday :D

Blademaster
17th August 2016, 12:46 PM
:: Lives in mountains too.

Don't fucking lie to me you live in/near the fucking city you shitter.

Perfect Chaos
18th August 2016, 01:06 PM
I live in Miami so beaches everywhere...and yes, it does get overhyped (at least for me)

Mikachu Yukitatsu
16th December 2016, 05:16 AM
We should have a Pokemon Sun and Moon Tournament!

Knight of Time
16th December 2016, 04:35 PM
This is probably a silly question, but do we still have the points in our respective accounts, Greyfox?

According to the last made Financial Tower topic, you have 248 points, I have 29 points, and Mikachu has 0 points.

Whether or not that you decide to make a new Financial Tower topic, I'm just crossing my fingers the three of us (being as nobody else has been here lately) can still use those points.

Nonetheless, thanks for all the new additions too. :)

Greyfox
16th December 2016, 11:15 PM
As of right now, you still have access to your points.

DarkestLight
18th December 2016, 11:33 AM
Ok.
Post deleted 3 times.
Now.
1) 141/143 on go. Grimer being a biotch.
Most caught in Mts with the correct use of incense so nyeh to that.
2) Sun player. Gearing Festival Plaza for battle centric.
3) Not building movements quite yet. Still finishing alola pokemon dex. Oh-not catching any old ones unless they have new forms. January I'll have complete dex. #box!
4) best new poke of GEN VII? My vote goes to Decidueye Regen Topapex is a savage and Mimikyu is hiiiiilarious. No fossils makes me sad but Pukyumuku is WHAT? XD.. Uhhhh also that Pseudo legendary? Basura...don't like it at all. TAPU MUSIC IS THE BEST. HOLY SNAP ON A PEASTREAM!
OH. IF ANYONE HAD YELLOW ORANGE OR DARK BLUE MINIOR-I WANT! #Allthecolors. Also will take Shiny Minior.
5) Z moves are full out Meh. Not feeling them. Yeah some are buck like Porygon and Splash/Bounce Karp! But yeah...just another damned gimmick I need to memorize.
6) IV/EV training..I don't think it's simpler. They added that fake option. I like gen 6 much better in regards to that.
Also trading. WHY DID THEY MESS THAT UP? AUGHT! SO AGGRAVATING.
7) I'm alive. 2017 gonna be a hell of a year.
8) hi everyone.

Oslo
18th December 2016, 01:29 PM
8) hi everyone.

Hi! :wave:

Knight of Time
18th December 2016, 01:55 PM
Well, after seeing you two post, I'm optimistic 2017 might be a better year for our ASB.

One thing's for sure; I can hardly wait to see the descriptions of the new abilities...especially Corrosion. In the games, it allows Salandit and Salazzle to poison even Poison and Steel types, so it makes me wonder if their Poison-type moves might have a more acidic take on them? Even though Steel types are immune to Poison-type moves, I have a slight feeling a powerful toxic acid from a Sanandit or Salazzle just might be able to pierce their steel skin...maybe (I didn't choose Salandit for nothing though :evil: ). Thoughts?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
19th December 2016, 04:00 AM
2017 gonna be a hell of a year.

Finland's 100th Independence Day.

Oslo
19th December 2016, 11:34 AM
I'm going to try to start participating again. Fair warning, I don't have free time like I used to back when I was a student, so I won't be reffing at the crazy levels I did before. But maybe I can stay consistent with two to three battles and Safari Zone quests. I'mma do my best.

Greyfox
19th December 2016, 02:20 PM
Don't overdo it, Os. The community isn't exactly thriving, anyway.

DarkestLight
19th December 2016, 06:09 PM
Yeah. I'm just peering in. Rarely at a pc anymore x.x
But I'll claim alolan types.
One question. Is the bank to be reformed? Cause if that means I need to spend points...lemme know now.

Greyfox
19th December 2016, 07:47 PM
Nope. Your points will stay there.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
2nd January 2017, 11:18 PM
Hey, am I too difficult to ref? I'm talking about my battle with Oslo. I thought Sky Attack takes two actions.

Oslo
3rd January 2017, 09:30 PM
You're good, Mikachu. :yes: Sky Attack does take two actions.

BTPoke
11th January 2017, 04:28 PM
Honestly, seeing this place still kicking itself back up makes a part of me happy.

I love ASB, and this forum has been my one and only experience with the platform. It's a really strange way to battle, almost seems tedious at times, and battles taking weeks to complete might seem stupid, but at the end of the day I can look back on it and say "This is fun, and I'm glad I did this. This is pretty fun."

The amount of creativity required by both the players AND the referees to keep these battles going is breathtaking, and reading through a battle is like reading a light novel, or manga, especially if it's well-done. Coming up with combinations for everything, from the stages, the moves, the abilities, and of course the pokemon, is fun in and of itself.

Yeah, ASB takes time, effort, and some creativity. To me, though, it's worth it, to see great moments well-worth the buildup.

On that note, I wanna see this revival succeed so we can have more great moments! :D

Greyfox
14th January 2017, 12:21 PM
Totally haven't forgotten about you guys. Just had a lot of things to take care of on my end.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
14th January 2017, 09:48 PM
We never thought you'd forget. Renovating ASB takes time anyway.

Oslo
14th January 2017, 10:02 PM
I have my reffing for BTPoke vs. Mikachu written but a server problem is preventing me from posting it. :T

Mikachu Yukitatsu
14th January 2017, 11:13 PM
The database keeps on breaking, as I complained about in another thread. There might be a detour like THIS (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27249&p=615702&viewfull=1#post615702) though.

Also Oslo, using Facebook in another browser than TPM might help. I use Facebook on Edge and TPM on Google.

Oslo
14th January 2017, 11:42 PM
No such luck. D:

BTPoke
20th January 2017, 03:28 AM
Hopefully this problem will be resolved soon, I'll be patient in the meantime

Oslo
20th January 2017, 08:41 PM
I've emailed Kevin. If it's not resolved in the next couple of days I'll try stripping out all the code from the reffing, but I'd rather not have to do that if I can help it.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
21st January 2017, 05:28 AM
If I'm not mistaken, back in the old days of ASB, reffing used to be much simpler when it came to coding. It wasn't until 2009 when I joined, but I have examined the old reffings. This could even be the renaissance of the reffing style without code!

It could also lure old refs back and why not bring new blood among us.

Oslo
25th January 2017, 10:08 PM
Kevin fixed the problem! Reffing successfully posted!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
18th February 2017, 10:32 AM
It's wonderful how TPM tolerates me.

Hm, was switching Pokemon added to the ASB rules back when I was at the hospital last time, spring 2015? The Finnish government truly limits the rights of mental health trainees, especially communication with the rest of the world.

BTPoke
25th February 2017, 01:12 AM
I'm thinking I might try out reffing again. It's been a while, and I feel like I could be a better ref than I once was.

Plus, we can't have Oslo and Greyfox having ALL the fun. I'll put that idea on the backburner for now.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
25th February 2017, 01:46 AM
Where's the Financial Tower? I must be blind.

BTPoke
25th February 2017, 03:53 PM
I'm pretty sure it got archived without someone making a new one, lol

Mikachu Yukitatsu
17th August 2017, 10:43 AM
Moshi-moshi...? Anyone out there?

Seems that renewing ASB system went on the rocks. Or do I just fail to see the bigger picture?

Drago
20th August 2018, 09:19 AM
I'd be down for some ASB action, myself. Never really got into it back in the heyday.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
20th August 2018, 10:25 AM
Somebody should establish a new system from the ruins, but two or three people aren't enough. Or wait, two combatants and one Ref? 2 + 1 = 3

Oslo
30th September 2018, 09:39 PM
I'm down to ref a battle if somebody wants to battle.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
1st October 2018, 05:17 AM
Well, I'm always ready. But if DragoKnight's interested, he should get a team approved first, and there are no active mods to approve one.

Knight of Time
1st October 2018, 06:10 PM
I'm surprised to see you've come back, Oslo (BTW, happy birthday).

Mikachu and I seem to be the only active people who have battled in this ASB (we were in the middle of a rematch that Greyfox was reffing, but we came to an agreement to end it after he disappeared; quite frankly we were wearing down each other's Pokemon's energy surprisingly quickly, but not as fast in the health department).

One thing's for sure, if Mikachu is up for a battle, I might be up for another myself...I am so tempted to use at least one (unevolved) battler I haven't used, though with the fact that there is not much information about how the new S/M/US/UM abilities work (only one of the two Pokemon I got with one of the new abilities has its ability defined in the Stratedex), using the Pokemon whose ability has no flavor text may be risky.

But nonetheless if we are able to have another battle (I recall you reffed our first battle Oslo), I hope it goes to the end like the first one did.

Oslo
1st October 2018, 10:46 PM
Hrm, the last battle I reffed was Mikachu vs. BTPoke. For the sake of spreading the love around, how about we try entirely different competitors this time? Any other takers?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
2nd October 2018, 01:41 AM
Knight of Time and I already started, Oslo, but if you wish to have 'entirely different competitors' as well you'd have two battles to ref. If I understood correctly.

Knight of Time
2nd October 2018, 09:15 AM
Yeah Oslo, good luck finding two other competitors...it is possible that this battle may entice other people back into ASB though. We'll just have to wait and see if it does.

For one, I really wish Emerald_Gen3 would return so that he can resume my Safari Zone quest which has seemingly gone into limbo, and of course it would also be nice for Greyfox and/or at least one of the other ASB moderators to return.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
11th May 2019, 07:15 AM
But who will ref me and KoT, then?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
21st December 2019, 10:09 AM
With the glitches gone, why not Sword and Shield Pokemon! Is this subforum really doomed?