PDA

View Full Version : Poll: ACK! Another detention!?

Crystal Mew
7th May 2003, 09:17 PM
Yes...I recently got a detention... :'( so it inspired me of a poll =o

1. Have you ever gotten a detention this year?

2. if yes, how many times?

3. what was it for? and how long were they?

~*1. Yes I have....I'm such a bad girl... ;; I have never a detention before this year...which is werid o_0;

~*2. *counts..* 5 :D and Iwould have had 6..but that time it wasnt my fault..so my mom talked to the teachers :>

^^;

~*3.
- I got it once for "cheating" although, I dont call it cheating.... meh.... that one was 60 mins

- one for not doing homework- 30 mins

- another for not doing homework.. that one was 15 mins

- same...not doing homework... 20 mins

- being late to school.....- 15 mins

*notes the last 2 were VERY recently..*
._.;

Matt
7th May 2003, 09:26 PM
=O Sam, you bad girl!
Nope. ^_^. I'm such a good person >_>. But seriously, I don't have detention at my school ^_^. Arn't I lucky? Well I don't have detention because i'm still at middle school ._.; But next year when I get to High School, I have a feeling i'm going to get a lot of detention ._.;

N/A

N/A

Lightning
7th May 2003, 09:37 PM
Um.. not really. o_O; Just the class detentions from the evil teachers who can't take jokes very well. *Rolls eyes*
That's only happened about 3-4 times.. and even then we never stay after school. XD (Oh no.. we're not allowed out into the cold, freezing outdoors.. we'll have to stay inside for a detention in the heated building... 9_9;; )
The class was talking. o.O; Uh.. it was only about 5 minutes. XD

*Is a good girl* :x

Bai,
Lightning

White Gryphon
7th May 2003, 09:46 PM

Not in college, but I do remember getting two in middle school.

Just two.

The first one was in the 6th grade, I got in a fight with another girl, and we both got it for a week. The second one was near the end of the 8th grade, some girl who didn't like me thought that I had called her a racist name (when I DIDN'T) and she bribed the vice-principal and I got detention just during the time that the 8th grade going-away party was held.

en0miz
7th May 2003, 09:49 PM
I haven't got any detentions recently because they don't do detentions at my school. :P The most probable reasons why are: 1) There are 4000+ kids here, and 2) Half the kids would be in detention most of the time. XD

While we don't have detentions, we do have In House Suspension, which is when the kid goes to school but doesn't go to class for a whole day (or more)... you're basically suspended but instead of sitting around at home, you're in school. People usually don't get In House except for the more serious things, such as fights or smoking on school property (after being warned). If we were to get detention for being late or not doing homework, I would've gotten it about 10-20 times this school year alone. x_x

Madelyn151
7th May 2003, 09:51 PM
i got quasi-detention last year for telling a guy in my bio class when some test was. my bio teacher was rather... umm... ridiculous comes to mind. she'd ALWAYS issue detentions and then people would never go. she really had no control over the class (she got fired). anyway, she never really wrote me up. she was just like, "MADELYN!!!! THAT'S IT, DETENTION!!!!" i wasn't really afraid. i knew i didn't really have detention. not with her XD

my friends don't usually get detention. one once got detention for cutting, and another for spitting in the hallway, even though nobody saw the latter do it. they just like suspected him. o_O

"in-house detention is great. it's like a free day off. that rocks." -my friend

Syberia
7th May 2003, 11:34 PM
Sam, your school must suck. Detention for not turning in homework? Here they don't even check to see if you did it half the time :p. But still, I've never known anyone who got detention for not doing it. As for me... you get to know what types of things they'll look at and what they won't ;)

1) Yes, well, sort of.

2) Just one... You'd really be surprised what teachers overlook entirely, though.

3) It was due to incredibly bad timing on my part. I nailed someone in the back of the head with a shoe I threw across the locker room, looked over to the side, and saw perhaps the freakiest teacher in the entire school (I swear he's at least 80-something, and is afflicted with what I can only guess is the male version of PMS, although 24/7/365) looking straight at me x_x. He was going to give me a referral to the vice principal and most likely end up with me being suspended, but I suppose those Alzheimers that we all swear he has saved me there :p. The next day he says something to the effect of "Hey, wasn't I going to get you in trouble for something?" to me as I went to Gym, I say no of course, being the angel that I am, and he ends up giving me a detention out of it. So, all-in-all, a suspension somehow got itself reduced to 15 minutes of detention. It could be worse, if you ask me. The moral of this story is, don't get caught, or if you do, make sure it's by the oldest teacher you can possibly find. What's more scary is the fact that he's a Gym teacher, practically as old as Caesar, and would seem to be stuck in the 1970's, as he always wears those really short, sad excuses for pants that you see Olympic athletes wear :rolleyes:. Umm, yeah... anyone else think it's time for me to shut up now?

ILikePokemonP
8th May 2003, 01:25 AM
1. Um, not this year. Don't know why. Although once about 5 years ago, I got an afterschool detention for going about 10cm out of the school grounds :rolleyes: The best part was I heard 2 teachers talking about the camp and I knew all about it months before anyone else did :)

2. Nah

3. Nah

Gligar_Man
8th May 2003, 02:24 AM
1. yeah
2. ummm... like 3 suspensions and tons of detentions
(i graduated it was only one semester)
3. smoking weed on campus, fighting, fighting, fighting... and a whole bunch of crap like yelling at teachers... i dunno, im not bad, your just all good

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
8th May 2003, 03:41 AM
I'm shocked that you have something like detention at schools. :o

nightcrow
8th May 2003, 09:35 AM
- Yup

- Just one!

- Tardies. The detention lasts 5 days though. >_> Well, actually 4, but I was talking to someone and I got caught. So that *** of a vice-principle gave me another day. :rolleyes:

Pichu
8th May 2003, 10:44 AM
1. No. The last detention I remembered was back in elementary school.

2. Many times. XD

3. Homework... Fighting... ummm... etc. (that was years ago!!)

Everoy
8th May 2003, 03:55 PM
I have never in my LIFE had detention, I haven't even had a time-out or had the teacher yell at me... But they know better than to yell at me! I'll scream for HOURS if they do.

Zero...

Um...
Notfighting, not spitting, and not anything for 0 minutes each.

Sakura12
9th May 2003, 07:06 AM

I'm proud to say: no! Yes, I'm such a gool girl!

Doesn't apply to me.

Doesn't apply to me.

Deus Mortuorum
9th May 2003, 07:49 AM
1. No, I'm a good boy, and in my school they don't really give detentions; they give dean's referrals. And for the stupidest things, too. So far my record is clean but I got yelled at twice for my wallet chain. I'm about to get a referral cuz I'm using the school computer to post :X

Katie
9th May 2003, 10:46 PM
yeah... :<

dunno, gonna guess around 4? 5? plus some "stay after class to talk to me"s and "class, stay after the bell for # minutes"s. not as bad as last year ^^; @_@ I swear them teachers are out to kill cheerleaders.. good thing I quit :>~

well, generally talking when I'm not supposed to, copying homework, "glancing" at friend's tests :P the one that really sucked was when I skipped school on good friday. I mean, so we missed a day or two due to the weather. BIG DEAL. we caught up with everything within a week. from what I hear, all the classes just watched movies and crap =/ 3 hours for missing a half-day of movies?! INJUSTICE ;_______; I'm thinking of skipping again for our second make-up day (a saturday?! wtf? ;-; evil) but now I'm not so sure, the detention for that is 3 hours after school on the last day of school, hell no. I ain't stayin in that f-ed up school any longer than what's required :< *shuts up*

~Katie

Chibi_Sugar
10th May 2003, 07:49 PM
1) Yep >>;;
2) Just once, almost got another one a few weeks ago though 0.o
3) Threatened to pour my can of cherry coke on some other kid's head, it was 10 minutes >>; The other one would've been for not turning in a signed progress report, but my mom brought it for me (Thanks mommy!)

Everoy
10th May 2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Chibi_Sugar
(Thanks mommy!)
LOL! P.S., still no time outs or detention

Reptilius Pyrus
10th May 2003, 08:18 PM
Time.... outs....? What grade are you in? Sheez...

1. Not this year, last year I got some though.

2. Technically two, but they were for the same offense.

3. I cut the last 10 minutes of class. I asked to go to the bathroom and then stayed out there reading because I thought the bell was about to ring. Apparently I was wrong. A kid came out and found me, eventually. I went to the principal, who seemed to think that I was out there the entire period. -_- So, she gave me two detentions, 35 minutes each, because we serve dententions during lunch recess instead of after school, and that's how long it lasts. It really sucked because it was the last two weeks or so of school, and if you get 2 detentions you can't go to the next school event. The next (and last) event was the Day Away. I missed going to Scandia and the Jelly Belly factory. ;_; Instead, I had to sit in the special class all day.... Man, that was scary...

UmbreonCurse
10th May 2003, 09:00 PM
All I've gotten in High Skool so far is lunch detention for not tucking in my shirt and it was about a half hour or something...I actually liked it in fact, I ghot to read my book and it was nice and quiet. ^_^

MadFearow
18th May 2003, 01:29 AM
I just had a dentention today, my second one this year. I got it for being late to school 10 times. It was in my school's lunchroom. You'd think it would be a quiet place but the act of socialization still continued.