PDA

View Full Version : Happy 16th Anniversary to me :)

Jay Umbreon
1st December 2016, 09:49 AM
Well, it's actually my 16th TPM anniversary on Saturday, but I won't have time to post then :) I'm posting here from work.

For those who don't know, I used to be a Mod (2001-2003) of GD and Other Anime. I was friends with many, but some more popular names include Little Pikachu, Austrian Vicemaster Alex, Vidgamer, Dashira, Zak, Todd (Indecent Exposure) and With Rye. They were real good times!

An update on me - I bought Pokemon Moon when it came out here in the UK last Wednesday :) and I am enjoying it so much! I only have time to play it really late at night, because I've got 2 kids now (5 month old and 2 year old) so I'm kept busy enough with them. I have previously been a Police Officer, but now I head up Social Media for a large sports brand based over here in Manchester, England.

I also control a large Pokemon Twitter account (@AwesomePokePics) so if you're ever on Twitter, be sure to come and say hey!

And that's my update really :) just wanted to touch base, as it's been too long and as with each year, I'm aware at the beginning of December, that it's TPM anniversary time!

Keep on loving Pokemon guys! TPM4LYF.

-Jay

Link
1st December 2016, 01:31 PM
Happy 16th anniversary!:)

Mikachu Yukitatsu
2nd December 2016, 03:27 AM
Happy Anniversary!

Little Pikachu, Austrian Vicemaster Alex, Vidgamer, Dashira, Zak, Todd (Indecent Exposure) and With Rye. They were real good times!

All those names ring a bell to me, at least I was a good reader back in the old days. Wait, who's Rye! We have gone a long way indeed! AVMA and Zak re still around.

My own 16-year-anniversary is drawing near as well! It's a special anniversary to me since I joined when I was 16 years old. Meaning I will have been half of my life year. But I must make sure I stay healthy enough to celebrate it, especially since my old doctor will be back in business next year.

Magmar
2nd December 2016, 09:44 AM
Oh my goodness, I never thought about the life-to-TPM fraction! I guess since I joined at age 13, it's been... well, given my birthday falling shortly after I joined, more like 16/30, which is still more than half. Geez!

Anyways, congratulations on sixteen years of your history being here, Jay. :)

Greyfox
2nd December 2016, 04:21 PM
Holy shit!

I've wasted 16 years of my life on this thing!?

Knight of Time
2nd December 2016, 07:05 PM
Congratulations for making it to the big sweet 16, Jay!

Yeah, I do remember everyone you mentioned...kinda hard not to if you first registered here in 2000 (or one of the next couple of years I suppose).

Drago
3rd December 2016, 05:19 PM
Hey dude! So good to see your name pop up again. Congrats on the anniversary, and on the kids. Great stuff. :D

firepokemon
4th December 2016, 03:39 AM
You have kids awww. I didnt buy Pokemon Sun or Moon cause I would play for five minutes and get bored.

Katie
4th December 2016, 02:35 PM
Happy 16th, Jay! I was just thinking about you a few months ago when I heard that Tom had left Blink 182. I remember you were a big, big fan back in the day and we talked about them some. Congrats on the job, successful twitter, and kiddos!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
5th December 2016, 05:25 AM
I guess TPM succeeded to grasp two phenomena at the same time when they stroke our planet in the midst of the millennium change. The general access to internet around the world and Pokemon.

Link
5th December 2016, 12:53 PM
How would you get bored, fp? I am just asking.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
6th December 2016, 09:52 AM
Hi Jay, I remember you. It's been ages. We used to talk on AIM back in the day. It's good hearing from you.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
8th December 2016, 05:39 AM
I just played my Pokemon Moon for half an hour and got bored. Maybe I'll play more tomorrow.

Blademaster
8th December 2016, 04:13 PM
...Holy shit, I've been here for 11 years.

shazza
9th December 2016, 12:49 AM
Great to hear from you, Jay. 16 years myself on November 22. That's nearly 60% of my life. 😎

Link
9th December 2016, 07:05 AM
15 years for me. Wow, time goes by fast.