PDA

View Full Version : Animé or Reality?

Neo-Xantios
8th May 2003, 03:48 AM
Hello, all. When you write your Pokémon fanfic, do you picture the scene in real-life or animé? For me, when I write fanfic, every situation, character, attacks, and sometimes Pokémon, are real-life based in my head. What about you?

mr_pikachu
8th May 2003, 10:05 PM
I typically visualize the characters in their anime forms, but their surroundings as real life. However, in my writing, I try to make the characters real as well, to add a more personal feeling to the fanfic. It helps to be able to see the characters as people you know, or at least have heard of from real life. Many fanfics even make references to real life characters or places. My fanifc, in fact, has done real places, and will have a reference to a certain person as well. The key is to make it the way the reader likes it. A very skilled writer is able to allow the reader some flexibility as to how he or she visualizes things. It depends on your audience, your fic style and your writing style and capabilities. Okay, I think I've droned on far too long once again, so I'll leave it at that.

UmbreonCurse
9th May 2003, 08:18 AM
Anime of course. Actuially I visualize books and ALL of my fics (based on anime or not) as anime.

Captain Pringle
18th May 2003, 08:39 PM
I visualize my fics in real life, totally non-anime. This lets me go for the more serious feel that I like in my pokemon fics, as opposed to the childish feel of the cartoons.

Now that I think about it, though, I could definitely see my fics as anime series. :p That'd be pretty sweet. ^_^

Neo-Xantios
19th May 2003, 07:45 AM
But then again, I visualize my friends' fanfics in Animé. The battles are just like it!

MatthewKetchum037
12th June 2003, 02:15 PM
It's sort of a mix. Sometimes they're real, and sometimes they're anime. I try to make my as real as possible, but in the anime world at the same time (if that makes any sense). I could also see my fic as a new anime on TV. ^_^