PDA

View Full Version : A section on the main website that covered tips/tricks for the various Pokemon games

Knight of Time
7th June 2017, 07:21 PM
Hey,

Coming up with a title for this topic was rather tricky, but does anyone besides me recall a section on the main part of TPM (besides the forums) that covered various tips and tricks for the Pokemon games? I keep thinking that (1) we had that section years ago, and (2) it existed in TPM's early days (in 2000 or so), am I right?

I wanted to ask because I'm highly curious to know if we covered how to do the time change trick in Pokemon Gold and Silver (pressing Select + Down + B at the title screen)? Back in the day, I'm quite sure many of us who got Pokemon Crystal (present company included as I'm playing it again after getting a new save battery) were disappointed to see the time change trick didn't work in Crystal...but as it turns out, it is possible to do it in Crystal as well; it's just a little more complicated.

So in the event we revive that section someday, I hope you guys don't mind if I post the trick here. In Crystal, you need to do the following:

1. Press Select + Down + B at the title screen
2. Release Down and B (you need to still hold Select)
3. Hold Up and Left (while still holding Select)
4. Release Select (while still holding Up and Left)

If done correctly, you'll be able to change the time in Pokemon Crystal.

Magmar
15th June 2017, 02:20 PM
I remember that! I wrote the Red/Blue walkthrough ;) (was that for TPM? I remember writing one)

Knight of Time
15th June 2017, 02:35 PM
Glad to hear you remembered that section Magmar...by chance did your walkthrough end up on GameFAQs? I'm curious (not to mention I'm a semi-regular there).