PDA

View Full Version : Soul Calibur 2

Vega
8th May 2003, 10:58 AM
when my friend got this game we were playing it for around 16 hours non stop(o_0). this thread is generally to discuss what you like and dont like about this game.

i personally havent found anything i dont like about this game yet except some characters are just REALLY annoying.

Characters i like:

Nightmare/Seigfried: this guy has been my favourite character since i played the original Soul Blade, he combines power and moderate speed which generally cool. his weapon also gives him some good range. he also has some nice throws in there as well, i'm not quite comfortable with his SC2 version yet, and my friend's been whooping me with Astaroth :mad:

Kilim: the fastest character in the game, very annoying. but she's one of my favs, very nice moves to go with the moves. her weakness is that her weapon is all about close range combat and its kinda hard against characters like Nightmare/Astaroth who can keep her at bay with their better range. i havent lost any matches with her so imo, she cant be that bad.

Mitsurugi: another of my personal favs. he's got some nice power moves and not so bad speed. i really havent used him that much yet. but he's just same as from all the previous games.. eh.

Characters i hate :mad:

Link: my god!! could there be anyone more annoying??!! well there is but sheesh!! this guy is just crazy, and my friend whose like 17th best at this game in the UK uses this guy sooo well its just disgusting. fast and got power sheesh, this guy is annoying.

Raphael: grrrrrr... it seems to me this guy has no weaknesses, very fast, good power and not so bad range. generally speaking, if you meet someone who can play this guy well, expect to lose.

well, thats me.. what do you think about the characters??

Kokomo
8th May 2003, 03:23 PM
Japanese import of the game? Doesn't it come out in August in America?

Vega
8th May 2003, 04:50 PM
yea, coz i live in England and it wont be here for a while

Musourenka
8th May 2003, 09:39 PM
Kilim: the fastest character in the game, very annoying. but she's one of my favs, very nice moves to go with the moves. her weakness is that her weapon is all about close range combat and its kinda hard against characters like Nightmare/Astaroth who can keep her at bay with their better range. i havent lost any matches with her so imo, she cant be that bad.
That's TALIM. :) Her main weaknesses are range as well as a lack of power. Her worst matchup is Astaroth I believe -- he stops her evasion very well. Talim needs to hit Astaroth like 30 times to win, while Astaroth only needs 5. Heh.

Raph's improved from the arcade version from what I've heard. Never fought a good Raph, only n00bs. His main weakness is that he's very linear -- learn to sidestep.

Vega
9th May 2003, 03:23 AM
oh thanks for that correction.

i do side step, its just that Nightmare is never fast enough to sidestep in time to dogde his moves. and yea, Astaroth would be Talim's worst match.

dienamight
9th May 2003, 11:17 AM
I don't like Necrid for two reasons; he is incredibly ugly and also he has no original moves, he's just a mix of everyone else. At least Charade looks cool and you get a different set of moves each round.

I love everything else though... this game is great fun and finally my friends and I have found something to play extentively other than Tekken 3.

Metal Claw
10th May 2003, 09:36 AM
I was playing this last night at the arcade...doing my conquest....Is conquest on the home versiions too? Or is it like the one from the first game?

dienamight
10th May 2003, 11:59 AM
There's a Weapon Master mode that's just like the mission mode in Soul Edge only you buy weapons instead of winning them. And you can go through it with any character, and can switch characters during.