You choose first
I attack first
Dq=4 days
Arena: Ice field
Ref: Anti-R*ocketship

Cyrus
15th December 2002, 02:08 PM
I accept your challenge
I will wait to send first pokemon until we get a ref. Do any of your pokemon have sig moves? mine don't. Just curious
Can I assume this is a frozen lake?

Anti-R*cketship
15th December 2002, 04:12 PM
*grabs Reffing rights*

Cyrus
15th December 2002, 04:16 PM
Its kewl with me, thanks.

Go Banshee (Female gastily)

Anti-R*cketship
15th December 2002, 10:26 PM
Would this be the Ice Field from "Fire and Ice" or a different one open to Ref's discretion?

Cyrus
15th December 2002, 10:43 PM
I don't Know, generally the challenger describes the enviroment

Anti-R*cketship
15th December 2002, 11:04 PM
Well, since he didn't do it, I'm throwing a unique twist on this:

HOCKEY RINK!

Goalie nets have spikes at the back, Boards are removable for Strength, but not breakable from being thrown into them. Ice-type attacks have increase in power equal to Clear Skies for Fire or Rain Prayer for Water. Dig not possible. No weather effects.

Sound like fun? That's what happens when a loophole like this is left in the hands of a Canadian, eh.

Aj the helldog
16th December 2002, 12:20 AM
Nice touch to the arena ;)

anyways I choose Blackflame (M) Houndour

Ok buddy start the battle with a Curse. Then use Faint attack. And finish the round with a Crunch

Curse/Faint Attack/Crunch

Cyrus
16th December 2002, 09:21 AM
Alright Banshee, use protect to avoid the curse. Use Double team to avoid faint attack. Finish it with Shadowball down the puupy's throat when it comes in for Crunch.

Anti-R*cketship
16th December 2002, 07:02 PM
Round 1

Ah, one thing I loved while growing up in the stereotypical American view of Canada was Hockey. That and my Husky, Rex. Needless to say, when I was invited to go to the Air Canada Center, I was thrilled. As I get off the Subway at Union Station, I remember something...

The Leafs aren't playing tonight.

I make my way to the building, now more curious than ever. The security guards let me through into the Skybox. Sadako, my Female Gastly, makes her presence known by making herself visible. I look down and see two young trainers standing in the Penalty boxes for the Leafs and the Visiting Team. To say which was in which would denote a bias. Anyhow, looking at the stats above the Cubed Screen, I see that they are "Aj the helldog" and "Cyrus." Sadako puts a statistic saying "rounds left, 7" on the scoreboard and I immediately remove it. (to find out what happens in round 7, go here (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6897&pagenumber=3)) Anyways, the two Trainers are holding their Pokeballs, ready to release their Pokemon to battle. Looking around, I see that the Goalie nets have some kind of spikes at the back of them, and just to ensure that Ghost types don't try to take advantage of them, they are coated with Psychic energy.

BATTLE ON

"Go, Banshee," Cyrus says, sending out a Female Gastly

Sadako: I like the way this kid thinks

"I choose... Blackflame!" Aj says, releasing a Male Houndour.

"Ok buddy," AJ says to his Pokemon, "start the battle with a Curse. Then use Faint attack. And finish the round with a Crunch"

"Alright Banshee," Cyrus says, "use protect to avoid the curse. Use Double team to avoid faint attack. Finish it with Shadowball down the puupy's throat when it comes in for Crunch."

Banshee starts off by putting up a translucent sphere of energy around herself to protect her from the terrible effects of... Blackflame slowing himself down to have more concentration with his attacks. Banshee sweatdrops and suggests that her trainer find out what attacks do before giving instructions to counter them. Banshee then uses a Double Team and creates three clones around her. Meanwhile, Blackflame seems to vanish. He reappears behind one of the Gastlys, which he hits immediately. His opponent vanishes and he realizes he's been tricked. He lunges towards another Gastly with his jaws wide-open and as he crunches down on his opponent, he feels some energy being fired into his throat. Nonetheless, he shakes the helplessly solid Ghost-type for all he's worth before throwing her down the ice. She hits the boards to the right of the net, but fortunately not the net itself.

Sadako: I can't bear to watch it. This is just... wrong!

Hey, you knew there was a Female Gastly out, you chose to watch, it's your fault.

post-battle

Blackflame: 94% health, medium-low fatigue, suffering pain in throat.
Banshee: 89% health, low fatigue, two Clones remain.

Arena: no changes

Sadako: six more rounds...

Damage Summary: Blackflame 100% - 6% (ineffective Shadow Ball with STAB) = 94%
Banshee: 100% - 11% (Supereffective Crunch with STAB) = 89%

Cyrus
16th December 2002, 07:21 PM
Alright strong start Banshee. Float up as high as possbile to avoid the dog. Then use Attract, then Toxic. Use protect to avoid in moves that allow him to reach you. If he isn't smitten.

Aj the helldog
17th December 2002, 11:21 PM
Houndour use Detect to know and avoid looking at gastly. Next use Protect to protect yourself from the toxic. Then end the round with a double team.

Detect~Protect~Double Team

Aj the helldog
22nd December 2002, 12:14 AM
bump

Cyrus
16th January 2003, 12:34 PM
ref... please....

Razola
16th January 2003, 06:35 PM
This match has waited too long for a reffing. If you don't mind, I'll sub-ref a match...

Pre-Round

Blackflame: 94% health,Moderate-low fatigue, suffering pain in throat.

Banshee: 89% health, low fatigue, two Images.

Detect~Protect~Double Team
Attract~Toxic~Protect

ROUND TWO

As the Zamboni cleans the ice, this old battle starts anew! Banshee floats high in the stadium, and begins to make passes at her foe.

But Blackflame is no fool, and thanks to detect, saw this coming. He manages to resist the tricky spirit.

Annoyed by the dog's strong will, Bnashee launches a vile spray of strong poisons towards her opponent. But once again, Blackflame proves to be a strong opponent, as he puts forth a shield of energy. The poison eat up the sheild, but ultimately Blackflame is untouched.

Two can play this game Banshee thinks to herself as she floats above the icy rink. She also creates an energy barrier in anticipation of the next attack.

Blackflame ignores the ghost and concentrates. Two other black dogs leap from his being, giving off the illusion of three Blackflames.

Behind her sheild, Banshee watches. She is quite frustrated with this one.

A very annoying creature indeed...

end Round Two.

STATS FOR ROUND TWO

Pokemon

Blackflame 94% Moderate Fatigue Has three images of himself, two which are fake.

Banshee 89% Low-Moderate Fatigue Annoyed and angry at Blackflame. Has a Protective Shield. Has three images of herself, two which are fake.

Other Stuff

Banshee is still at a high altitude.

Aj the helldog
16th January 2003, 08:57 PM
ok Blackflame Flamethrower/Fireblast/Toxic

Cyrus
16th January 2003, 09:09 PM
Alright Banshee, lets rain on his parade, sense it wasn't stated that weather effect are cancelled out, they aren't, Raindance. Then use Thunder, and use Safeguard to prevent the toxic effect.

Razola
18th January 2003, 08:16 PM
Like they say...the show must go on...

PRE-ROUND

Blackflame 94% Moderate Fatigue Has three images of himself, two which are fake.

Banshee 89% Low-Moderate Fatigue Annoyed and angry at Blackflame. Has a Protective Shield. Has three images of herself, two which are fake.

Flamethrower~Fireblast~Toxic
Raindance~Thunder~Safeguard

ROUND THREE

Blackflame looks up at the spectre, and begins to inhale deeply.

Predicting what a fire pokemon will do is pretty easy, and Banshee decides to make things harder...

She looks to the sky, and-opps! There is no sky! Without a sky, how can there be rain? Instead, clouds open up above the stadium, and it rains outside, keeping the arena nice and dry.

As she though, Banshee sees the oncoming flames, but her sheild is still active, and it spares her from any damage. Banshee is quite upset by her trainer's failure to pay attention, but decides to go on with the fight.

Banshee lets loose thunder from her own self, unable to summon a cloud in the stadium.

It cracks toward Blackflame, who is shocked in a most painful manner.

Holding back his tears of pain, he launches a larger of billow of flame at Banshee, engulfing Banshee in flames.

While Banshee lowers her altitude in agony, Blackflame gets a good, nasty wad of poison in his mouth.

Banshee sees the poison coming at her, and tries to defend herself, but the poison gets to her just as the move finished. Of course, when you are a poison gas...it is quite hard to actually BE poisoned. Banshee shrugs the little damage it did.

A lot of the ice around Blackflame has melting, revealing the concrete beneath.

end Round three.

STATS FOR ROUND THREE

Pokemon

Blackflame 76% Moderate Fatigue Wet around the paws.

Banshee 68% Low-Moderate Fatigue Safeguard for two more rounds. At an altitude of 10 feet.

Other Stuff

There is a five foot stretch of melted ice in a cone-shaped in front and under Blackflame (narrow closest to him, and it gets as wide as four feet farthest from him). This is now concrete, and no longer slippery to walk on.

Cyrus
18th January 2003, 08:30 PM
Alright Banshee. Float back up out of range of Flamethrower, while doing that use Double team. Next Use Thunder Twice.

Razola
18th January 2003, 08:34 PM
Forgot to mention this: Since Thunder and fireblast were area-effects, the double team images got wiped out for both parties. Blackflame did choose the right image when doing flamethrower.

My apologies.

Razola
19th January 2003, 06:07 PM
Just a friendly reminder that AJ's turn to post.

Aj the helldog
19th January 2003, 11:49 PM
Ok Black flame use Faint Attack/Pro tect/Firespin

Sorry for the edit I spelled Faint Attack Faint Attick so I thought I should fix it

Razola
20th January 2003, 12:51 AM
I guess I'll take this match over until R*cketship gets back.

PRE-ROUND

Blackflame 76% Moderate Fatigue Wet around the paws.

Banshee 68% Low-Moderate Fatigue Safeguard for two more rounds. At an altitude of 10 feet.

Faint Attack~Protect~Fire Spin
Double Team~Thunder~Thunder
ROUND FOUR

Banshee is hovering low...her opponent has seemingly vanished.

Best not to risk it. She gains altitude, hopefully out of Blackflame's grasp.

While rising, Banshee finds herself assaulting from a shadowy figure. Her ascent is held off while she is attacked.

Apparently, Blackflame had been lying in wait, eager for the proper moment to strike. Leaping at Banshee, he quickly falls back to the rink, which gives him a harsh landing.

Banshee scowls...she fall for such a stunt again. She continues to rise until hitting a satisfactory point. She begins to blur, slowly seeming to split into three.

Blackflame looks at this with an expression of concern...this doesn't make things easier. Nonetheless, he concentrates and creates a barrier to protect himself from any future attack.

Banshee sees an opportunity attack. She lets loose a cone of electricity, which heads for Blackflame.

So far away from the electricity, Blackflame is able to easily dodge the attack, though he fumbles and falls on the ice doing so. Still, it's a better trade than taking the shock.

Banshee decides to give it another go, launching another attack of electricity at the black dog. This time Blackflame isn't as lucky, the bolt hits him dead-on. Fortunately Blackflame's barrier prevents the attack from hurting him in any manner.

Blackflame decides to take action. He spews a twisting flame, which grows into a massive tornado of fire. Banshee tries to escape, but the tornado engulfs her and her images with no mercy.

Almost all of the ice has melted in the stadium, soaking Blackflame's feet.

Trapped in the flames, Banshee thinks quickly to find a way out.

end Round Four.

STATS FOR ROUND FOUR

Pokemon

Blackflame 66% Moderate Fatigue Wet around paws. Feeling confident.

Banshee 56% Low-Moderate Fatigue Trapped in a fiery tornado. Starting to panic.

EDIT: Seeing how blackflame jumped 10 feet in the air, it's safe to safe his landed isn't going to be pleasent on a rink made of ice-covered concrete. I added an extra 8% damage.

Other Stuff

There's a tornado of fire in the stadium. It will go away at the end of next round. Moving out of the tornado will cause low damage.

The Ice has all melted. It will come back in a few rounds, but the tornado has to go first.

Here's a Map:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Aj the helldog
20th January 2003, 01:22 AM
OK Blackflame nice round now lets do some more damage

Double Team/Faint Attack/Fire Blast

Cyrus
20th January 2003, 08:48 AM
Alright Banshee, move up to 30 meters above the surface, this SHOULD place us out of range of faint attack, it doesn't grant the ability to fly, simply to become invisible. Next, use Swift, while the dog is running around inivisible, deal some damage and destroy the clones. Then use Thunderbolt

Razola
20th January 2003, 02:08 PM
PRE-ROUND

Blackflame 66% Moderate Fatigue Wet around paws. Feeling confident.

Banshee 56% Low-Moderate Fatigue Trapped in a fiery tornado. Starting to panic.

Double Team~Faint Attack~Fireblast
Float Higher~Swift~Thunderbolt
ROUND FIVE

Things do not look good for Banshee. Trapped in the fiery maelstrom, she feels the heat from all sides pound on her. She floats up higher, almost up to the ceiling. Still in the tornado, she can't properly out of the fire, not does she need too. She fires a hail of brightly colored stars of energy from her location.

Aj has created himself a slew of fake images, which are destroyed by this hail of energy. He recoils from the slight pain of the stars that hit him.

Decides to retaliate by fading into shadow. Banshee is unaware of his location, mostly thanks to the swirling flame blocking her vision. She let's loose a surge of electricity, which misses Blackflame...to an extend. The wet concrete is charged with energy, giving the houndour a proper shock.

Houndour's becomes visible again, and shake off the hit. He stares at the giant mass of flame, and decides to add to it. He throws his head back, and then breathes a giant flame of great intensity.

Banshee can only hear the cackling flame, and has no clue from its coming from. She then turns to see her flame prison break up and make way for a much larger flame. She can only clench her eyes as she endures the pain.

With that attack from Blackflame, the fire tornado ceases. Banshee can now see her foe, and she gives him an enraged look.

end Round Five.

STATS FOR ROUND FIVE

Blackflame 53% Moderate Fatigue A little tired. Fur slightly singed in some spots.

Banshee 36% Low-Moderate Fatigue At maximum altitude (around 30 feet). Seething in pain and angry.

Other Stuff

The fire tornado is gone.

As long as the pyro-technics cease, the freezing system of the rink will kick in and re-freeze the ice in two rounds.

Cyrus
20th January 2003, 02:18 PM
Alright Banshee, use Rest, then sleep Talk X2

Aj the helldog
20th January 2003, 05:43 PM
alright just what I thought he'd do now Black flame Nightmare/Fire Spin/Dream Eater

Razola
20th January 2003, 10:01 PM
Hmm...I don't think Blackflame is going to enjoy eating nightmares...

PRE-ROUND

Blackflame 53% Moderate Fatigue A little tired. Fur slightly singed in some spots.

Banshee 36% Low-Moderate Fatigue At maximum altitude (around 30 feet). Seething in pain and angry.

Rest~Sleep Talk~Sleep Talk
Nightmare~Fire Spin~Dream Eater
ROUND SIX

Banshee, at a safe enough altitude, decides its safe enough to nap. She closes her eyes, and enters slumber....

But something plagues her sleep...her body doesn't even to start repairing itself while she is haunted (ironically) by terrifying images.

Blackflame finishes his mental manipulation and begins his next attack. He unleashes another wave of fire, which engulfs the poor, helpless ghost, scorching her badly.

In her rest, Banshee releases a fog, which doesn;t even manage to escape the fiery tornado.

Blackflame is about to proceed with his plan, but he feels a quick, uneasy feeling. But it passes very quickly.

He looks up at the spiraling torndo, and sees a small patch of purple fall.

He sees Banshee being recalled.

A victim of her own curse.

end Round Six.

STATS FOR ROUND SIX

Pokemon

Blackflame 50% Moderate Fatigue A little uncomfortable. Confident.

Banshee 0% KO'd

Other Stuff

Banshee is unable to fight! Cyrus must choose a replacement, or forfeit the match.

Cyrus's Pokemon XO
AJ's Pokemon OO

There is a fiery tornado in the arena. It will last for three more actions.

The wate is unable to be refrozen.

Cyrus
20th January 2003, 10:04 PM
Alright, I call forth my champion, Dracon(M) Dragonite.

Aj the helldog
20th January 2003, 10:10 PM
Toxic/Fire Spin/Frustration

Cyrus
20th January 2003, 10:25 PM
Alright Dracon, lets make this good. Use safeguard to counter toxic. Agility to dodge Firespin, And use that mometuem to deliver a crippling Bodyslam to the dog's back, slam into it from above and attempt to pin it to the ground

Razola
20th January 2003, 10:51 PM
Ah Dracon, the noble Dragonite. I have reffed with this guy in a few battled when he was a wee Dratini.

Saved a pichu from drowning, he did. A nobler creature couldn't be found.

PRE-ROUND

Blackflame 50% Moderate Fatigue A little uncomfortable. Confident.

Dracon 100% Perfect condition.

Toxic~Fire Spin~Frustration
Safeguard~Agility~Body Slam
ROUND SEVEN

A crimson and dark blue pokeball is tossed with care and precision onto the rink. A dragon's head carefully etched in by hand is printed on the top half. Out from it burst a juevenile Dragonite, ready for its first battle as an adult.

Blackflame shows doubt on his face. Such a pokemon will not be easy to defeat, especially in his already battle-worn condition.

The two come to the center of the rink, the fiery tornado slowly dying down to Blackflame's far left. The black dog feel the remants of Banshee's last damage to his person as he launches a vile poison at the dragon.

Dracon prepares a protective bubble to prevent the purplish goo, but the prevention is far too slow. The poison hits Dracon with a sickening "splut" just before the sheild finishes. Dracon shivers as the poison works its way into his system.

Blackflame is pleased with his work, and decides to heat things up. He launches forth another blaze of twisting heat at the dragonite.

Dracon cracks a grin and zooms through the two tornados and in one graceful moment of power, whips around behind Blackflame and pins him to the ice with a powerful slam.

Blackflame is angered by his own careless and the extreme pain of the attack. He lets loose his own rage in an attempt to escape

Though not able to over-power the immense dragonite, Blackflame does bring forth enough aggression and power to wriggle out, causing Dracon to slam forward on the concrete in a most painful manner. He looks on in pain as he see Blackflame make a dash for the other side of the rink but runs into his own tornado.

Trapped.

end Round Seven.

STATS FOR ROUND SEVEN

Pokemon

Blackflame 33% High Fatigue Getting tired. Scared and very unsure of himself.

Dracon 97% Trivial Fatigue Badly Poisoned (2% damage next turn) Safeguard up for three more rounds. Slighty Angry.

Othr Info

The first tornado has vanished. The other will end in three actions.

As long as Underdog keeps up the temperature, the water can't freeze.

Updated Map:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Cyrus
20th January 2003, 11:00 PM
Alright Dracon. Your enhanced speed from Agility, use Bodyslam again, avoid the first attack while lining up please. Next Use Fly, build up more momentum to land a wing attack. Always aim for the back, try to bruise it.

Aj the helldog
21st January 2003, 10:38 PM
rest/Sleep talk/sleep talk

Razola
22nd January 2003, 01:27 AM
PISS ME OFF. The entire reffing was zapped. I'll give the final stats and logic. If you want to read the full reffing, I might have it later today.

PRE-ROUND

Blackflame 33% High Fatigue Getting tired. Scared and very unsure of himself.

Dracon 97% Trivial Fatigue Badly Poisoned (2% damage next turn) Safeguard up for three more rounds. Slighty Angry.

Move~Move~Move
Ditto~Ditto~Ditto

Basically, Blackflame fell asleep. Dracon went to body slam him, but right before then Blackflame shot out a ball of dark energy(shadow ball) right at the dragonite's chest. Slam goes Dracon on top of Blacky. Dracon is about to fly, but he is surprised when Blacky being to attack him like a crazed animal (rage). He shakes off the dog and flies a full half-circle, gaining momentum. He dives at Flame and then whacks the mutt with his wings. The round end.

And then it got deleted, and I got mad. So I did this Cliff's Notes version. Sorry.

Dracon 75% Low Fatigue Badly Poisoned (4% damage next round) Safeguard for two more rounds. Internal Pain in chest. Annoyed.

Blackflame 19% High Fatigue Deeply Sleeping (for 3 more rounds) Angry. Long scratches on body.

LOGIC

Attack by attack:

Rest: My rest rule is the same as always. Black gained an instant 20%, and will gain 5% for each following action. Number generator gave him 3 sleep turns.

Body Slam: This would have done more damage, but the Shadow Ball caused Dracon to slighty recoil and perform the move with less precision. Nonetheless, having such a big pokemon fall on you hurts, and all shadow ball did was prevent any further unjury. About 20% damage.

Shadow Ball: Assigning numbers to every of Black's moves, I used a number generator and got S. Ball. Hitting Dracon square in the chest, it helped the puppy have a working spine. 15% Damage.

Rage: The next sleep talk move, taking Dracon by surprise (this is, after all, supposed to be a sleeping dog) this attack didn't do much. Black wasn't very angry, and didn't have a proper set-up for it. Therefore, he basically gnawed and clawed Dracon a bit before the nite shook him off. 5% damage.

Fly: Simply for speed purposed, Dracon did a quick take off and then swung around for Wing Attack. No damage.

Wing Attack: I don't see how fly would help this a lot, other than make it less risky to pull off. Since Dracon is twisting his body, and temporarily stopping his flight, speed really doesn't help this much. As a matter of fact, dragonite's small wings, big body, and houndour's small size (and he's also laying down), Dracon's lucky he didn't crash himself onto the concrete (i gave Dracon the "experienced flyer" benefit of the doubt). A little under 10%.

Poison: Dracon got his bad dimetapp: 2% poison damage.

The fire tornado is also gone. The freezing mechanism will start at the end of next round.

Aj the helldog
23rd January 2003, 08:33 AM
Sleep talk x3

Cyrus
23rd January 2003, 08:47 AM
Dracon, end this NOW, use Hyper beam. Follow through with Shadow of Dragons! Then take a nap, Rest... purge the toxins

Signature Move: (Shadow of Dragons)
(Description of the sig.:. In the past, dragons possesed the ability to avoid detection from warriors searching them out, this move mimics what the dragons of old did to hide from the stalkers. The Dracon assumes a mental state that breaks any continues mental effects (confusion or Amnisea). Also any mental effect will fail to take effect during the duration of Shadow of Dragons. Psychic attacks have a high chance of failing, properly selecting a target who isn't there by their primary senses is diffecult. When the move is first used, The nondection includes visual, audatory aswell as by the olfactory. These effects break when Dracon takes his first offensive action (Offensive action would be defined as anything that causes damage to the opponent, using bodyslam would be an offensive action, using Raindance would not be.). Shadow of Dragons lasts up to three rounds. This move can only be used Twice, with atleast 4 rounds after the effect has worn off. )
Type: (Dragon) | Accuracy: (Accuracy 90%) | Damage: (Damage: 0%) | (Effects in 80% chance of Psychic attacks failing| 90% chance of becoming undectable

Razola
23rd January 2003, 12:30 PM
ARGH! More sleep talk and rest! I should have you both lose!

PRE-ROUND

Blackflame 19% High Fatigue Deeply Sleeping (for 3 more rounds) Angry. Long scratches on body.

Dracon 75% Low Fatigue Badly Poisoned (4% damage next round) Safeguard for two more rounds. Internal Pain in chest. Annoyed.

Sleep Talk~Sleep Talk~Sleep Talk
Hyper Beam~Shadow of Dragons~Rest
ROUND NINE

Dracon turns to see the sleeping puppy. Right before he can do anything, the fire dog launchesa hughe glob of poison, hitting Dracon square in the face. The mighty dragon throws his head back in pain as the acid gives him a nasty burn. A wound like that can leave nasty battle-scars.

That does it.

In a rage, Dracon absorbs the energy in the air around him, wehre it collects into a golden sphere in his smalls hand.

Blackflame rushes up to Dracon in a angry fury, but Dracon launches a powerful beam of this energy at him.

Blackflame wakes up just in time to be awared that he is being recalled.

Meanwhile, Dracon has vanished. Even myself, the ref, is unable to say where exactly he has gone...

end Round Nine.

STATS FOR ROUND NINE

Pokemong

Blackflame 0% KO'ed

Dracon 81% Moderate Fatigue Deeply Sleeping (2 rounds left) Shadows in effect for two more rounds.

Other Stuff

Blackflame is unable to fight! AJ the Helldog will have to replace him, or forfeit the match!

Dracon cannot be perceived by the senses. Area-of-effect attacks can still hurt him, as he has merely gone into a state of undetection. Psychic moves have a 80% chance of failure.

AJ's Pokemon XO
Cyrus's Pokemon XO

The Ice will come back in a round or so.

Cyrus
23rd January 2003, 01:09 PM
Dracon, if you can hear the sound of my voice, just take it easy. Take a break for the next round...

Aj the helldog
23rd January 2003, 02:55 PM
OK I choose Hurricane (M Totodile)

Ok Buddy don't be intimidated. Show it you mean business Blizzard x3

Razola
23rd January 2003, 03:14 PM
PRE-ROUND

Dracon 81% Moderate Fatigue Deeply Sleeping (2 rounds left) Shadows in effect for two more rounds.

Hurricane 100% Perfect Condition

Take a Break~Take a Break~Take a Break
Blizzard~Blizzard~Blizzard
ROUND TEN

Using a special pair of goggles given to me by Cyrus, I can now establish that Dracon is indeed still in the arena, at the very least. He seems to be taking a snooze while under his cloak of undetection...

AJ throws another pokeball, its a collage of several shades of blue. Out comes a Totodile, ready to fight...

...nothing?

He looks around the area, but finds nothing to attack. He looks at his trainer with an unsure look.

AJ tells him to attack anyway. Three blizzards. Cover as many different areas as possible.

Hurricane shrugs and give it a try. He blows a flurry of ice shards at an area.

Nothing.

Hurricane, a little confused, looks at another area and doest he same thing.

Nothing.

Hurricane, now annoyed, tries yet another area, and once again shoots off a flurry of ice shard.

And still nothing.

Hurricane is quite angry at this as the water turns to ice. But from my view, I can tell that Dracon took that last hit, and it hurt quite a bit.

end Round Ten.

Dracon 61% | Moderate-Low Fatigue | Deeply Sleeping (one more round | Shadows in effect for one more round.

Hurricane 100%| Low Fatigue | Angry and a little confused.

Arena

The rink is icy again.

Aj the helldog
23rd January 2003, 03:22 PM
Ummmm Raz Hurricanes a Totodile :D

Anyways Nice job Totodile now lets use Double Team/Blizzard/Blizzard

Cyrus
23rd January 2003, 03:24 PM
just keep resting, if you can hear me

Razola
23rd January 2003, 04:29 PM
Sorry, AJ, I've been reffing a lot of squirtles lately. it's been corrected.

PRE-ROUND

Dracon 61% | Moderate-Low Fatigue | Deeply Sleeping (one more round | Shadows in effect for one more round.

Hurricane 100%| Low Fatigue | Angry and a little confused.

Take a Break~Take a Break~Take a Break
Double Team~Blizzard~Blizzard
ROUND ELEVEN

Draco is still fast asleep, slowing recovering from his injuries.

Meanwhile, Hurricane is busy. He blurs and slowly spilts into six images.

With that accomplished, now for the next order of business. He once again sweeps the arena with two icy blasts.

Hurricane doesn't notice anything, but once again I see a very upset dracon, as he awakes from his slumber and loses his cover.

Hurricane looks at the giant dragon. No longer is he mad. he's SCARED.

end Round Eleven.

STATS FOR ROUND ELEVEN

Pokemon

Dracon 49% No Fatigue Very Cold.

Hurricane 100% Low-Moderate Fatigue Very scared. Has six images, five of which are fake.

Other Info

The ice is back again. Just a reminder.

Both pokemon are on the south half of the rink. Dracon is about in the middle, whereas hurrican is on the right of the rink.

Cyrus
23rd January 2003, 04:38 PM
Alright Dracon, your really hurting... but lets try do our best...
Use Agility to dodge the first blizzard that we both know will be coming, then use Extreme Speed to dodge the second, after attempting avoid the third attack, use Swift to break the clones...

Aj the helldog
23rd January 2003, 05:11 PM
Surf/Blizzard/Protect

Razola
23rd January 2003, 06:43 PM
PRE-ROUND

Dracon 49% No Fatigue Very Cold.

Hurricane 100% Low-Moderate Fatigue Very scared. Has six images, five of which are fake.

Agility~ExtremeSpeed~Swift
Surf~Blizzard~Protect
ROUND TWELVE

Dracon breathes heavily. His sleep did not go as well as planned.

Meanwhile Hurricane tries to summon a wave of water towards Dracon. Sadly, he only causes a few drips of water from the ice to pathetically splish harmlessly on Dracon. As a matter of fact, the water was quite refreshing for the large dragon.

Dracon takes off like a bolt, while Hurricane heaves a large gust of ice shards at Dracon's location. Of course, by the time the shards get there, Dracon is long gone.

Suddenly, Hurricane is hit hard by a flurry of attacks. Before Hurricane can counterattack, the Dragonite is long gone.

How did hit me? Hurricane wonders sa he stares at his other fake images. Suddenly, he sees a flurry of energy burst fly everywhere. Putting up a flickering shield, he avoids the onslaught while he watches his clones fade away.

Dracon breathes a sigh of relief. This round went a lot better than he could have hoped for.

end Round Twelve.

STATS FOR ROUND TWELVE

Pokemon

Dracon 49% Trivial Fatigue Feeling relieved.

Hurricane 75% Moderate Fatigue Surprised. Images gone. Bruises all over body.

Other Stuff

Squirtle is square in the middle of the arena. Dracon is at the far south end, near the goal.

Aj the helldog
24th January 2003, 05:41 PM
Rock Slide/Blizzard/Rage

Cyrus
24th January 2003, 06:44 PM
Alright Dracon, a golden oppertunity here. Use Toxic when Hurricane is looking for rocks to throw. When he attempts to blizzard you, use Extreme Speed, dodge the blizzard before hitting the totodile. When the gator gets mad (Rage) Fly through the building to a consession stand out of the way. Away from the hocky rink

Razola
24th January 2003, 07:12 PM
PRE-ROUND

Dracon 49% Trivial Fatigue Feeling relieved.

Hurricane 75% Moderate Fatigue Surprised. Images gone. Bruises all over body.

Toxic~ExtremeSpeed~Fly
Rock Slide~Blizzard~Rage
LUCKY ROUND 13

Hurricane isn't very happy. First this Dragon hides, and now it is playing games with him. Enough of this...

Hurricane looks around for some rocks to throw...hmm...doesn't seem to be an abundance of throwable rocks around.

Suddenly Dracon runs up to him and sprays him with a vile, toxic goo. Hurricane can only shudder as it courses through him and takes effect.

Angry now, Hurricane tries to hit Dracon with an artic blast, but the Dracon quickly speeds up. He whips around the stadium and does a solid strike on Hurricane.

Unfortunately for Dracon, he can't stop! Going at a fast pace on the ice, he careens into the goalie net, and then smacks right into a wall. Ouch...

Dracon gets up, only to get assaulted by an angry Hurricane. Fending off the bites and scratches, he manages to blast off into the sky.

He is unable to find a concession stand in the low-quality rink, so he flies at a high altitude, waiting for his next commands.

end lucky Round 13.
STATS FOR LUCKY ROUND 13

Pokemon

Dracon 29% Low Fatigue Bruises and scratches all over body. Face hurts. Flying in circles above the rink.

Hurricane 64% Moderate Fatigue Badly Poisoned (2% next round) Very Angry.

Other Info

The goal post on the south side is horribly wrecked and broken up.

Cyrus
24th January 2003, 10:11 PM
Please explain how a flying dragon loses control on ice? Key word, FLYING.

Razola
24th January 2003, 10:18 PM
I am looking for the word "flying" when you gave him the extremespeed command...

Can't seem to find it. Like you said, the keyword is FLYING.

Unless you give him a command to take to the air, he is going to use the large legs he has to do the deed.

Cyrus
25th January 2003, 08:22 AM
my apologizes, I thought that was the fly I had ordered. I disagree with the introduction of slipping on ice in the 13th round. Its not been a component that has had any effect on this match, and to introduce it as this point is inappropriate. I would have mentioned this last night if I hadn't been asleep on my feet.

And where does the requirment to state that the move should be profomed arially come from? Do you require the same statement from a pidgey? Both pokemon are flying types, which would cause me to assume the attacks would be preformed to there best advantage. Do both pokemon have functioning legs? Yes, but by preforming the move from the air, they avoid diffeculties with the terrain and melee attacks. If Ice was a hazard, I hold that sense it has NOT been considered a hazard for the length of the match that it is not, then why would Dracon risk life, limb, and the match by attacking on foot when he has wings. Things evolve wings for a reason, easier movement, advantage in the hunt, and avoiding dangerous terrain are some common reasons, what is the point of having wings at risking hazards of the terrain when the move could have preformed just as easily, if not easier, from the air? To preform Extreme speed to the best effect, I would assume it would be preformed as an arial move, Dragonite, and most pokemon with the ability to fly, move at a greater speed in the air than on the ground.

Also, please explain the variation in damage from Extreme Speed, sense you don't maintain the effects of agility as most refs do, what caused the gross variation in damage (25% the first hit, 10-11 the second hit). As you have refed many of my battles, I have noted that agilities' effect did not alter damage by a large margin, no more than 5%-10%, I had intially assumed the difference in damage was do to size, that you applied the logic from body slam to the move, but this doesn't hold based on the last round. I can see no logic in the large variation in damage.

Razola
25th January 2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Cyrus
my apologizes, I thought that was the fly I had ordered. I disagree with the introduction of slipping on ice in the 13th round. Its not been a component that has had any effect on this match, and to introduce it as this point is inappropriate. I would have mentioned this last night if I hadn't been asleep on my feet.

Most pf the match the ice was melted, and concrete is not very slippery the last time I checked. This is also one of the few times speed has been taken into account.

And where does the requirment to state that the move should be profomed arially come from? Do you require the same statement from a pidgey? Both pokemon are flying types, which would cause me to assume the attacks would be preformed to there best advantage. Do both pokemon have functioning legs? Yes, but by preforming the move from the air, they avoid diffeculties with the terrain and melee attacks. If Ice was a hazard, I hold that sense it has NOT been considered a hazard for the length of the match that it is not, then why would Dracon risk life, limb, and the match by attacking on foot when he has wings. Things evolve wings for a reason, easier movement, advantage in the hunt, and avoiding dangerous terrain are some common reasons, what is the point of having wings at risking hazards of the terrain when the move could have preformed just as easily, if not easier, from the air? To preform Extreme speed to the best effect, I would assume it would be preformed as an arial move, Dragonite, and most pokemon with the ability to fly, move at a greater speed in the air than on the ground.

The difference between pidgey and dragonite has much more functional legs than pidgey. They are also aquatic creatures, if you check several game boy pokedex entries as well as the anime. This shows that Dragonites spend lots of times both flying and swimming underwater, whereas pidgey spends most its time flying. Dragonite uses its legs a LOT mroe than a pidgey, therefore it is feasbile for dragonite to use a move with is legs rather than wings. As I said before, most of the match the Ice was melted, meaning that ice WASN'T a hazard until recently. I did however, have Blackflame slip and hurt himself once or twice when he was fighting. Sorry if you skipped that part, but I did. Also, Dragonite is weak right now. He has been beaten up quite a bit, and this can lead to one of two things. He is eiether more careful for the sake of self-preservation, or he is "out of it" and not thinking clearly. In the case, having just woke up from a trace (that didn't go so well), I assumed he wouldn't be thinking clearly.

Also, please explain the variation in damage from Extreme Speed, sense you don't maintain the effects of agility as most refs do, what caused the gross variation in damage (25% the first hit, 10-11 the second hit). As you have refed many of my battles, I have noted that agilities' effect did not alter damage by a large margin, no more than 5%-10%, I had intially assumed the difference in damage was do to size, that you applied the logic from body slam to the move, but this doesn't hold based on the last round. I can see no logic in the large variation in damage.

I already told you this, I have agility wear of a lot faster. I assume when a pokemon stops to do something like toxic or soemthing, it wears off. Correct, I am not like other refs, we are all not pre-programmed robots. We have different takes on everything. Some refs don;t have fatigue levels, others have toxic really strong, others have it really weak. And there's a ton of ways of handling rest. This variety is encouraged by the ASB, and therefore I stick with my handling of Agility (another way I do it different is the fatiguie doesn't go up as fast when using it). I post the exact state of each pokemon at the bottom of each round. If Dracon had his enhanced speed, I would have listed there. I did not, and I wouldn't make someone second-guess info like that. THAT is why extremepseed did lower damage and that DOES makes plenty of sense, provided you ignore teh fact that I kill off agility's bonus faster than most. Since you have been reffed by me a lot, why did you think I'd handle agility any more different this time? The rest is simple, Body Slam has a large pokemon fall ON him, whereas ExtremeSpeed is a quicker beating. There is your logic.

Now please post your commands.

Cyrus
25th January 2003, 12:46 PM
By your own statment this one of the few times speed was taken into account, this means you haven't factored it in before. When this battle started, Ice wasn't treated as a hazard. As a sub ref, you need to maintain consistency between how it was refed before. You had not stated Dracon was either 'out of it' or acting more carefully, by your own statment this wasn't listed and I can't be expected to second guess whats there, he was feeling relieved at the begining of the round. If dracon was acting carefully, using his wings to avoid the risk of ice would have been more reasonable. Your random use of slipping on ice with the unreasonable damage Dracon took from it is altering the out come of the much by the introduction of a new factor that was not there in the begining. With the command to fly after using extreme speed, if he was out of control, Dracon would logically have taken flight to attempted to locate the consession stand as I had ordered. The extra momentum wouldn't have hindered the take off. Instead your had him not make any attempt to regain control and slide head first into a hockey goal

Your statment that the ice rink lacks additional structures is flawed, there has to be additional areas, if nothing esle to house the machines to refinish the ice, to maintain the temperature, rental of ice skats. And consitentally they do have a consession stand, every location that supports sports has some structure for the sale of food, it is an extremely cost effective way to off set the cost of maintaining the rink.

And please point out when Blackflame took damage for sliding on ice?

Razola
25th January 2003, 01:12 PM
Jesus Christ, Cyrus, just IM me your complaints like you've been doing.

First off, I have not seen a concession stand actually IN the arena. They are normally out side of the arena. If you've seen otherwise, go ahead and let me know. Also, would there be a concession stand up that high? I doubt it.

Show me instances where high speeds were used before Dracon came out. Blackflame sat still for the most part, and ice WAS a hazard (he jumped to attack Banshee and he slipped and fell).

I can't list all the many hazards in the arena, ice is just common sense. Now, if I had a gaint Zamboni come out and deal 10% to both of you, that would be something I would have to mention before the battle. I am hoping you both carry a basic knowledge of ice when coming into this battle.

I beleive your previous ref mentioned that this was a sports stadium (The Leafs, I beleive). Therefore you'll find no such rental shacks available. Though I am no expert, I believe that the machinery used to keep the ice frozen is underneath the rink itself. This is my assumption.

And fore consistency, you backed yoruself into a corner: if Dracon sued his legs the first time doing extremespeed, what circumstance permits using flight the second? I was being consistent. Though Dracon was relieved by the way things went that round, he did not instantly gain the self-preservation instincts that may be a result of low HP. Instead I choose the latter "out of it" battle condition, seeing as how he just awoke.

Now, can we continue the match? Or do you have more to say?

Cyrus
25th January 2003, 02:00 PM
Alright Dracon, again, use Agility and move inside the rest of the building, keeping moving around 3 or 4 turns and stay out of line of sight. Find a consession stand, if possible and eat something, might help your wounds, if it won't use double team. If you see Hurricane again, get another wall between you.

Razola
27th January 2003, 07:48 PM
AJ, you have until 1/29 before you DQ.

Aj the helldog
27th January 2003, 07:52 PM
Hurricane follow him and use Ice beamx3 when he stops

Razola
30th January 2003, 03:07 PM
Having let his battle go cold for a week, I hold the firm belief that you two are going out of bounds.

Your previous ref only described the rink, not the entire darned stadium. Though I'll let it slide this time, from now on I consider any area outside the described arena as out-of-bounds. It forces me to make it up as I go along, which is unfair to both of you, as you have no clue as to what I can throw at you.

In terms of arena-hazards, you both have lost the right to complain about it. If totodile is chopped to pieces by a pile of rental ice skates or Dragonite is given a concussion because a random hockey stick nailed him in the head, I'd suggest you keep your comments to yourself and limit your actions to inside the described arena (or at least ask me if it is possible to go out of it).

You'll also be getting no map or description. You and your pokemon are going in blind.

PRE-ROUND

Dracon 29% Low Fatigue Bruises and scratches all over body. Face hurts. Flying in circles above the rink.

Hurricane 64% Moderate Fatigue Badly Poisoned (2% next round) Very Angry.

Agility~Agility~Eat Food/Double Team
Follow Dracon~Ice Beam~Ice Beam
ROUND 14

Dracon circles the rink, and finds himself an exit at last. He speeds up, dashing for the exit.

Hurricane looks at Dracon and the door, and makes the connection. The cowardly dragonite is trying to escape! He dashes at a brisk pace across the ice, slipping once, in pursuit.

Dracon opens the door and looks behind him. He finds the totodile beginning to climb the stairs, hot on Dracon's heels.

Dracon takes the left pathway and speeds away. Totodile gets to the top and decides to take the right.

Dracon looks for another exit, but everything is locked. Concession stands, Stadium exits, equipment rooms, and even bathrooms are shut tight.

Dracon continues to speed ahead, continuing his search, only to find something small and blue ahead of him.

It can't be! Hurricane had taken the other path!

Dracon mind races. He feels a cold blast spread over him.

Have to do something...

He tries to reverse direction. Another chill races down his spine.

Have to do something...

He tries to focus...double team...trick him...cold...

Have to do something...

Dracon stop flying and falls to the ground.

End match.
STATS FOR ROUND 14

Pokemon

Dracon 0% KO'ed

Hurricane 62% Moderate-High Fatigue

Other Stuff

Dracon is knocked out! Cyrus is out of pokemon!

Therefore...

I declare AJ the Helldog the Winner!

Congratulations to the winner. Both trainers put forth an excellent effort.

AJ, you may evolve or catch a pokemon.

Aj the helldog
30th January 2003, 08:39 PM
Yea We did it great job team! anyways great match Cyrus hope to battle you again some time. I choose to Evolve Blakeflame into a Houndoom