Zak
21st October 2017, 08:03 PM
Good u?

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
22nd October 2017, 12:38 AM
Just fine, thaks. No complaints here.

Magmar
22nd October 2017, 08:37 AM
I joined a local Pokemon Go raid group yesterday, so I feel pretty good! It's been far too long since I've hung out with anyone who's not super obsessed with their status as a gay bear and god these people are exhausting sometimes lol

MToolen
22nd October 2017, 11:54 AM
I sprained my ankle last week. I'm on crutches and pain meds for at least another week. Here in the US, I got through the emergency room with a clean X-ray (that is, no visible broken bones or ligament/tendon tears), so insurance won't cover a more accurate scan (like an MRI or CT) for another week. With any luck, the swelling will go down all by itself; if it doesn't, that may indicate a bigger problem.

Still, my biggest hurdle has been asking for help. I am very self-reliant and would rather be the one to help others. This week, my wife and two kids (all fine, by the way) and I have been more or less at my parents' house non-stop. I get to ask for help getting food, drink, and ice packs; I can't help much with kids, cleaning, cooking, or other house work. I get to pack a backpack in my classroom to get from my desk to the front of the room.

Further still, it could be much worse. I didn't break something (that I know of) (yet); it was on a Friday night, so I had the weekend to figure things out. My dad can drive me to work, and my mom can pick me up (it's my driving leg). I got an appointment in a few days' notice for a doctor that's usually solid for a month out... on a rare half-day at school so I didn't have to take time off and make a sub plan. Schoolwork was unusually light, with most of my classes doing an end-of-quarter worksheet. I don't think it was a divine plan to have me injured, but I know I'm being taken care of.

Sorry to vent. If there's one thing I have time for, it's writing on a computer.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
23rd October 2017, 09:35 AM
Hopefully it's going to be alright, MToolen. My own doctor is going to contact me next week, and I'll get some things straight there myself.

Knight of Time
27th October 2017, 06:35 PM
I've been making another Super Mario World hack these days to make up for losing the first one I made when my old laptop kicked the bucket. Among the stuff I have in it so far:

-Mario is the only playable character; Luigi is kidnapped instead of Peach
-a patch that "emulates" the SA-1 chip that some SNES games have (I had to patch this first; not a lot of people who hack SMW use this patch, but there is another patch I added which allows sprites to be placed on top of platform sprites, which works much better if SA-1 is enabled)
-custom Mario GFX
-custom music
-Raccoon Mario instead of Cape Mario
-Ice Mario from New Super Mario Bros. Wii
-a few custom SFX from Super Mario All-Stars
-a bunch of custom blocks and sprites (including the flagpole from Super Mario Bros., which I'm using to end most levels instead of the goal tape, being as I want this hack to have a classic feel of sorts)

Unfortunately, I don't have any screenshots to show you guys yet, sorry (I'm in the process of making sure the stuff I want to use is SA-1 compatible, because if there's something I want to use that isn't SA-1 compatible, it needs to be converted first). Hopefully someday I will have some screenshots.

darktyranitar
2nd November 2017, 10:34 AM
I decided to pop by after... 7 years since last logging in, wow

Things are doing fine for my side I suppose haha

Mikachu Yukitatsu
2nd November 2017, 10:49 AM
Great to see an old friend here, Faiz!

darktyranitar
2nd November 2017, 10:54 AM
Hahah yeah it's been a while hasn't it Mikachu

Tho during the long gap of inactivity we did see each other now and then on FB innit haha

Mikachu Yukitatsu
2nd November 2017, 11:01 AM
Facebook is useful, but evil. They haven't removed my satire 'I will Obliterate Naamarulla' though.

In other news, my area got lots of beautiful snow. It may melt next week, however.

Link
7th November 2017, 11:03 PM
Nice to see some old faces returning!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
9th November 2017, 07:50 AM
-custom music

By the way, how do you exactly compose the music? Just curious. Is it similar to the tool in WarioWare D.I.Y.?

ChobiChibi
9th November 2017, 10:40 AM
When he said custom music, I assumed that he was just replacing audio files...

Cubase is alright for anyone on Windows. I've got a Mac now though so... I tend to teach GarageBand, but use Logic myself. Yep.

I started a new job this week. It's not teaching. I'm okay with this though.

Knight of Time
11th November 2017, 03:36 PM
By the way, how do you exactly compose the music? Just curious. Is it similar to the tool in WarioWare D.I.Y.?

I didn't compose the music, I just downloaded it from the same website where I got most of my resources (I may have an ear for music, but I can't really compose. Others on the website have successfully made their own compositions of custom music). Some of the more advanced pieces of custom music are sampled; that is, they use instruments not among the ones used for Super Mario World's original music.

For example, someone made a great sampled rip of the Yoshi's Island soundtrack, and managed to make it sound exactly as it does in Yoshi's Island.