PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Moon Requiem

Mikachu Yukitatsu
1st February 2018, 01:12 AM
Its seems that TPM's last days are drawing near, so I propose this idea.

Here it is, the discussion about moving all the Mt. Moon threads to Mt. Moon Archive. I'm aware of the rule 'what starts at Mt. Moon, it stays at Mt. Moon' but I don't think it prevents us from discussing this.

I'm all for moving the threads, as you might guess. I was at the hospital when Mt. Moon rose, but what I noticed later was that the spam forum became super popular. But at the same time, it consumed our energy and free time. Also, it diverted the attention from other forums and soon people abandoned those forums. Some even used Mt. Moon for posting all sorts of sensible topics which could well have gone forward better elsewhere. People spammed there because at Mt. Moon, everyone could reply anyway they wanted.

I must not hide the fact that the Postcount +++ people would also like this. I'm also somewhat that kind of guy myself. I'd like to see what the postcounts looked like if the threads were moved to Mt. Moon Archive, where every post counts.

What does everyone else think?

Drago
1st February 2018, 07:01 PM
Nah bruh

kurai
1st February 2018, 07:09 PM
archive & send by e-mail

Mikachu Yukitatsu
2nd February 2018, 10:01 AM
Nah bruh

And your argument, sire? I reckon you said you already treat all the other forums as if they were Mt. Moon? Where's the witty DragoKnight I used to know? Unless you're cleverly hiding your real opinion for political tactics.

Drago
5th February 2018, 06:18 AM
Because it's stupid.

Witty enough?

kurai
5th February 2018, 07:02 AM
no

Mr.E
5th February 2018, 09:57 PM
imagine caring about postcount on a forum that literally died over a decade ago

I also agree that Mt. Moon is dumb and just Misc with some pointless spam and killed what little activity it still had, but even Mt. Moon is dead anymore. It is truly sad days, indeed.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
27th February 2018, 10:18 AM
I maybe was harsh on DragoKnight, but that's what he's giving back at me. Fortunately I'm a masochist when it comes to being trolled.

imagine caring about postcount on a forum that literally died over a decade ago

My point stays. This is about the last days of TPM, so why not let all the posts show up. It'll be the final postcount of TPM as we know it.

Then there's also the opinion 'Postcounts are already false because of the hackings', but I'd like to see some proof at least. I think I was down to 700 posts or something in 2004 when I had to quit because of the Conscription Army and when I came back from my first hospital period, I didn't notice anything. That has been my longest hospital period so far.

I have been to forums other than TPM, but never found something where to belong and a place to call home like this very forum. I remember persons that had got enough of bad treatment on Final Fantasy Finland, persons that gave up with edu.haapavesi.fi because it was puny attempt to get the people around a school message board, persons who posted 200 messages on Mirai Tsuki and then left for K-Pop.

I never was a member on Serebii, Smogon or Bulbagarden, but I can well imagine many people have abandoned them as well. For Facebook? Twitter? We are TPMers, let's show the world what we have been doing for all these years, let Mt. Moon posts shine in our memories!

shazza
3rd March 2018, 02:14 AM
Alternative idea: Add a custom mod that displays your Mt. Moon post count separate from the rest of TPM

Lady Vulpix
15th March 2018, 01:05 PM
Alternative idea: Add a custom mod that displays your Mt. Moon post count separate from the rest of TPM

Funny, but that would require tampering with the vB code and none of us has access to it.

Also, 2018 and people still care about postcounts. :rolleyes:

Drago
15th March 2018, 05:49 PM
Funny, but that would require tampering with the vB code and none of us has access to it.

Also, 2018 and people still care about postcounts. :rolleyes:
People can like what they like. :rolleyes:

Lady Vulpix
16th March 2018, 07:15 AM
Of course they can, but most meaningless trends tend to die much more quickly.

shazza
17th March 2018, 02:35 AM
As humans, we have evolved to seek prestige and status. An easy way to convey this, especially with the advent of the internet, is quantifiably: more is better. These days, we witness this with the addiction to likes, views, and subscribes. Before Web 2.0, specifically social media, one of the easiest ways to convey this was with: The Postcount.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
17th March 2018, 12:06 PM
shazza, I agree on what you say but I was also surprised to see you had an alternate idea to suggest. It wouldn't just let Mt. Moon stay there, but also make true the dreams of having Mt. Moon posts boost everyone's postcount.

shazza
17th March 2018, 09:01 PM
My friend, I understand your mortal dreams for a higher postcount -- both from a compassionate and evolutionary perspective. I do not judge you with the :rolleyes: emoticon!

However, I have transcended them. Let us eliminate post counts!

kurai
17th March 2018, 09:43 PM
delete all postcounts, posts, forums

Mikachu Yukitatsu
18th March 2018, 04:21 AM
Shutting down TPM? That idea was introduced already 9 years ago. Maybe we could do that on our 20th anniversary.

Another idea would be a challenge for everyone willing to post, say, 5,000 replies in 2 years and if we can't make it then shut down TPM.

Drago
20th August 2018, 09:11 AM
Maybe we'll see the brief return of activity when Let's Go drops?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
22nd September 2018, 08:10 AM
That could perhaps work, Pokemon GO drove people outdoors but Let's Go will be for Nintendo Switch? Or am I completely off? Should keep myself up-to-date, but TPM's current state doesn't help.

Lady Vulpix
2nd October 2018, 12:47 PM
Let things run their course. Whatever happens, happens. I worked too hard on trying to make TPM more active for years. It's not something any one person can do.

Magmar
3rd October 2018, 09:53 AM
Maybe we'll see the brief return of activity when Let's Go drops?

Honestly, considering that PoGo had a resurgence in the last few months with the trading and improved raid/battle system, nobody posts in the threads there anyway.

If we actually want TPM to come back from the dead, we'll have to make the best resource for Let's Go Pika/Eevee and have it available, in its entirety, and of high quality, within days of the game's launch. You can bet Serebii, Eurogamer and the other sites will be doing that.

And then break it up into the tiniest possible topics and have each topic have its own webpage / post. That gets the clicks that drive the revenue and also drive the site further up in the Googles.

Drago
17th February 2019, 04:00 AM
Honestly, considering that PoGo had a resurgence in the last few months with the trading and improved raid/battle system, nobody posts in the threads there anyway.

If we actually want TPM to come back from the dead, we'll have to make the best resource for Let's Go Pika/Eevee and have it available, in its entirety, and of high quality, within days of the game's launch. You can bet Serebii, Eurogamer and the other sites will be doing that.

And then break it up into the tiniest possible topics and have each topic have its own webpage / post. That gets the clicks that drive the revenue and also drive the site further up in the Googles.

oops, we didn't do it. :cry:

Mikachu Yukitatsu
21st February 2019, 10:59 PM
I still think we should archive Mt. Moon. I can't stand the meaningful discussions there.

WANT ARCHIVE MT. MOON.

I feel like Donald Trump who is obsessed with the wall on Mexico. Postcount is my money and the only difference is that I have absolutely no real power within TPM. I guess that makes Knight of Time Bill Gates, the genius who puts his money on charity. :D

Mikachu Yukitatsu
2nd November 2019, 11:52 AM
Bringing this conversation back up with the glitches gone.

The 10-Year Anniversary of the Sacred Mountain is here in a few days, why not move it to Mt. Moon Archive, then.

Knight of Time
2nd November 2019, 01:11 PM
I guess that makes Knight of Time Bill Gates, the genius who puts his money on charity. :D

I honestly don't know how to react to your post Mikachu; while I have deep respect for Bill Gates, I don't get good money that often (and when I mean good money, I mean money that I can spend on something I really want that isn't a food item).

But if I earned a dollar for every post I made on TPM in the past few years, I'd have a good chunk of money right now...money I'd like to spend on something that is currently on my "must buy" list.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
3rd November 2019, 12:09 AM
Wouldn't Bill Gates be happy if he got more money from Mt. Moon to put on charity?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
6th April 2021, 12:55 PM
Sorry to double-post, but since I've been a moderator for more than 1 year :o I've found out I can move threads myself. So if it's too much of a trouble, I can move threads from Pyhätunturi to the archive.

I know this sounds like a Jay-ish threat but I by no means intend it as one. I just want to keep this discussion open and fair, and offer my free time. Too bad many of the threads I started on Pyhätunturi might not be good enough to the archive, but still, it's a SPAM forum, after all.

Drago
7th April 2021, 04:31 AM
That'll be a big no from me cuz

Heald
11th April 2021, 09:14 AM
I'm only posting here now just to check what my post count is.

Drago
14th April 2021, 08:49 AM
Rumour has it the world collapses when Heald hits 10K

Mikachu Yukitatsu
14th April 2021, 08:59 AM

:lol:

Another reason why NOT to discuss the ownership of the Falkland Islands :peek:

Fett One
14th April 2021, 10:44 AM

The world managed to survive 2020. It could probably survive Heald hitting 10k.

shazza
19th April 2021, 07:16 PM
The world managed to survive 2020. It could probably survive Heald hitting 10k.

2020 is just the beginning bruz

Mikachu Yukitatsu
25th May 2021, 12:44 PM
Maybe I can reach 20,000 without archiving Mt. Moon, I'm about to overtake DarkestLight!