PDA

View Full Version : Wurmple Evolution

Hanada Tattsu
8th May 2003, 04:47 PM
Okay, as everyone speculated, in the Carvanha episode May's and Jessie's Wurmple finally evovled!

Jessie got Cascoon, and May got Silcoon. Jessie didn't get shocked when she got Cascoon, cause she thinks that Cascoon will also evolve into Beautifly.

Thoughts?

RJdude
8th May 2003, 09:02 PM
Well, everybody saw it coming. Its works out nicely, too. I can't wait to see the look on Jessie's face when her Cascoon evolves into Dustox.

Hanada Tattsu
8th May 2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by RJdude
Well, everybody saw it coming. Its works out nicely, too. I can't wait to see the look on Jessie's face when her Cascoon evolves into Dustox.

Yeah, she seemed to want Beautifly a lot, I'd say a little bit more than May herself.

After seeing Beautifly in the contest, she just went head over heels about it. I wonder if she'll treat Dustox with care? Cause it can win some contests as well.

Light_Togetic
8th May 2003, 10:05 PM
She'll probably not like it at first, but then it'll show off some kind of move or something that makes her like it. (Kinda like Wobbuffet and Lickitung). But you know what, nothing's for sure when it comes to Jessie.;)

Hanada Tattsu
8th May 2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Light_Togetic
She'll probably not like it at first, but then it'll show off some kind of move or something that makes her like it. (Kinda like Wobbuffet and Lickitung). But you know what, nothing's for sure when it comes to Jessie.;)

Yeah, the move that Jessie really liked on Beautifly was Silver Wind; can Dustox learn it?

Cause if it can, then Jessie will love Dustox to death!

JazzJazz
9th May 2003, 12:20 AM
Dustox will do something spectacular that has Ash and the others bewildered, then they'll beat it and it'll forever be lame in battles... as has been the case with some of Team Rocket's other pokemon.

Chris 2.1
9th May 2003, 11:49 AM
ahhh kewl. I guess it'll be Dustox VS Beautifly, and then Dustox...ends up losing :-p. Jesse will probably get insulted because Dustox isnt beautiful, and she may even remenisce back to her youth........saying how she was always rejected.

Dustox is waaaaaaaayyyyyyyy better than Beautifly IMHO. wAY COOLER!

AKA Pokemon Fan
9th May 2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by JazzJazz
Dustox will do something spectacular that has Ash and the others bewildered, then they'll beat it and it'll forever be lame in battles... as has been the case with some of Team Rocket's other pokemon.
Not really. Lickitung surprised Pikachu and the others because they had no experience fighting it and weren't given good evasion orders. As long as they didn't let its tongue touch them its always been easy for them to beat.

Wobbuffet beat the unsuspecting Chicorita in its debut then was beaten by Pikachu in the same episode. It's level of power hasn't declined since, with the same proportion of victories and defeats as always.

Seviper beat the low level Treeko because it had a type advantage and surprised Treeko. It wasn't really all that strong to begin with. Indeed, it seems to know next to no moves besides Poison Tail.

Dustox does learn Silver Wind. It also gets several other moves that Beautifly doesn't, namely Confusion, Protect, the recovery move Moonlight, Psybeam, Light Screen and Toxic, all of which are naturally learned. Of course knowing Jessie it's unlikely her Dustox will get to use its full move potential, especially since she wouldn't let Wurmple battle. I wonder if she'll let Dustox fight. It'd be funny if the best fighter she has isn't allowed to fight.:rolleyes:

Hanada Tattsu
9th May 2003, 07:30 PM
I personally prefer Beautifly. Even though Dustox is stronger, cuteness comes first in my book, so I prefer Beautifly.

I think she'll let Dustox fight, once she finds out it's not beautiful, she won't care.

AKA Pokemon Fan
12th May 2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
I personally prefer Beautifly. Even though Dustox is stronger, cuteness comes first in my book, so I prefer Beautifly.

Actually they have the same total stats. Beautifly just has higher attacking powers while Dustox has higher defenses. Of course a Pokemon's stats in the games only very loosely carry over to the anime.

Hanada Tattsu
12th May 2003, 06:00 PM
Yeah, stats matter only in the game, in the anime it's a matter of how strong you are and how much you love your trainer.