15th August 2018, 06:10 PM
Wow, right?

Mind = Blown

Drago
16th August 2018, 07:05 AM
=/=

Link
16th August 2018, 08:11 AM
Red is stronger than everyone else in pokemon.

Lady Vulpix
16th August 2018, 09:54 AM
...Seriously?

OK, I know it's a joke, but let's just think about it for a moment.

The anime, the manga and the games are like alternate universes. Some of the games are alternate universes to each other. So claiming that a character from one is a character from another doesn't make a lot of sense. Even characters who do have the same name are not exactly the same character.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
17th August 2018, 06:40 AM
To be blunt, there's nothing mindblowing here, maybe if the anime copied the games directly, but I don't even think then. And saying Red is stronger than everyone else doesn't make sense. The battle system of Pokemon is fundamentally based on rock, paper and scissors so nobody's unbeatable.

Link
17th August 2018, 08:03 AM
To be blunt, there's nothing mindblowing here, maybe if the anime copied the games directly, but I don't even think then. And saying Red is stronger than everyone else doesn't make sense. The battle system of Pokemon is fundamentally based on rock, paper and scissors so nobody's unbeatable.

I agree with this.

Lady Vulpix
18th August 2018, 07:21 AM
True, but at the same time the games' AIs are weak enough that you can beat them quite easily... At least the ones you need to beat for the story to progress. The ones in optional battle-oriented areas are better.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
18th August 2018, 03:05 PM
I always wondered what he was doing on top of that mountain in Pokémon Gold/Silver. Just standing there, waiting for the hero...

Link
18th August 2018, 04:40 PM
I always wondered what he was doing on top of that mountain in Pokémon Gold/Silver. Just standing there, waiting for the hero...

Maybe he just beat the Champion of G/S/C?

Drago
20th August 2018, 09:08 AM
Waiting in an isolated area.

Doesn't say anything when you approach him.

Piss bolts after the battle.

...Fucker was clearly waiting for a drug deal.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
20th August 2018, 09:43 AM
Maybe he just beat the Champion of G/S/C?

But then we should have seen him on the way up the mountain!

...Fucker was clearly waiting for a drug deal.

Sounds about right to me.