PDA

View Full Version : Advance Generation Episode #25: The Secret Pond! Full of Mudkip!

Hanada Tattsu
8th May 2003, 10:18 PM
Advance Generation Episode #25: The Secret Pond! Full of Mudkip!

Initial First Thoughts

So, this appears to be the episode where Brock catches a Mudkip. It's been hectic lately, two episodes ago Ash caught Corphish, in the last episode Jessie's and May's Wurmple evolved, and now, Brock catches Mudkip. It looks real cute, I hope he uses it a lot! It's wierd, no sign of a rematch with Brawly.

Screen by Screen Summary of Episode Preview

The preview starts with the Pokemon of the day's name written over the red background of Groudon. Then, we see May starting to aim to take a picture of something, though we don't know what. We then see a small island in a lake, which is what May wants to take a picture of presumabely. In the middle, we see two Mudkip, communicating. Then we see Ash, Pikachu, May, Masato, and Brock walk up to the Mudkip. Mudkip then fires a Water Gun on May, just like she did in the first episode. Then, we see Jessie, James, Meowth, and Wobuffet, and Jessie seems to be listening to something with a giant ear. Then we see a wierd Team Rocket robot, shoveling up something. We see it's shoveling up a whole bunch of Mudkip, and putting them in a bag. Then, we see an old guy with white hair shaped like Mudkip's gills get angry, and then we see a Mudkip on the ground, who later falls in the lake! It starts heading for the waterfall, and we then see Brock's Lotad head for it, since they're heading for some kind of a mini-tidal vave. And then, we see Brock hanging on the edge of the waterfall, with a hand extended to Mudkip. We then see the Episode Title on Kyogre.

Picture of the Week

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/2_yokoku/img/025.jpg

It's basically the Mudkip that presumabley goes along with Brock on his journey.

Final Thoughts

An interesting episode, seems cool. I was hoping Team Aqua was to make an appearence, but I guess they didn't.

Can't wait to see it! Until next time!

JazzJazz
9th May 2003, 12:24 AM
Does there appear to be anything special about the mudkip Brock's with? Or is it just one he pays special attention to. I ask because there's usually always something unique about the pokemon that Ash and the others capture...

Nikku-San
9th May 2003, 03:56 AM
Wow, I finally get to see my favorite Pokemon! Or his pre-evolved form anyway. *huggles Mudkip* Kawaaiiiiiiii! Can't wait to see this one, it will probably be my fav of the whole season. And I like what happens to May, hehe.

And what better way to spend my 250'th post! ^^

Totodilemew
9th May 2003, 05:54 AM
When I watched the episode preview, I wondered if this happened. When Brock was extending his hands to the Mudkip, weren't there two of them on the rock?

Light_Togetic
9th May 2003, 10:20 AM
Yay! Mudkip!! Okay, once I knew Brock was to get a Mudkip, I had been waiting to hear about this episode. I'm not as excited about Ash catching pokemon as I am about Brock, because Brock rarely gets to catch pokemon. And I like Mudkip. :D

It seems that Totodilemew is right though, there are two Mudkips on the waterfall with Brock. One is bigger and is holding a smaller one in its mouth (you know, like how dogs will pick up their babies?). So the question is now: which one does he get? The bigger, older one, or the younger small one?

Powarun
9th May 2003, 11:28 AM
Sounds cool I can't wait, but with three water pokemon and most of them jsut water gun Team rocket away. Can any one make a plot without Team Rocket, Team Aqua or Team Magma, for at least a week.

AKA Pokemon Fan
9th May 2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Powarun
Sounds cool I can't wait, but with three water pokemon and most of them jsut water gun Team rocket away. Can any one make a plot without Team Rocket, Team Aqua or Team Magma, for at least a week.
The plots quite often have next to nothing to do with Team Rocket, they just show up in the midst of it. And fans in general want to see more of the fiercer, real villains in the series like Team Aqua and Team Magma. You should also be aware that Team Rocket is the main reason quite a few fans even watch the show.

Nikku-San wrote
Wow, I finally get to see my favorite Pokemon! Or his pre-evolved form anyway. *huggles Mudkip* Kawaaiiiiiiii! Can't wait to see this one, it will probably be my fav of the whole season. And I like what happens to May, hehe.
You do know that Mudkip appears in the first AG episode as well don't you?

RJdude
9th May 2003, 04:01 PM
Finally, Brock gets Mudkip. It better evolve, along with Treecko.

Hanada Tattsu
9th May 2003, 07:27 PM
Wow, Mudkips all seem to hate May.

In the first AG episode, she gets sprayed by one. And now, she gets sprayed again!

Mudkip is smart, they hate May. :D

Nikku-San
10th May 2003, 01:45 AM
Yeah, I saw the first two un-titled dub episodes.

Rocketboy
10th May 2003, 08:33 AM
Well the title said POND of Mudkip, now I saw ONE spray May.

Hanada Tattsu
10th May 2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Rocketboy
Well the title said POND of Mudkip, now I saw ONE spray May.

LOL, when Team Rocket is scooping up the Mudkip, there are a lot of em, we just focus on the one Brock's going to catch. I think that ones sprays May.

This could be a running gag.

Light_Togetic
10th May 2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
This could be a running gag.

Heehee. Now that would be the funniest of all the running gags... I would never get tired of that one!:D

Sorry, couldn't help myself.;)

UmbreonCurse
10th May 2003, 02:25 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! The mudkip's so darn Kawai!!! ^-^ sounds like an awesome episode

Hanada Tattsu
11th May 2003, 08:22 AM
I just checked, there indeed are two Mudkip at the waterfall, and it appears that one of the Mudkip is holding a baby one in its mouth.

Just to clear it up.

angelspet
11th May 2003, 09:25 PM
so what is everyones pokemon team in ag so far

quilava flame
11th May 2003, 09:37 PM
The only gag I know of so far is that James' Cancea always hugs him.

Chris 2.1
12th May 2003, 02:33 PM
I may be right in saying Seviper bites Jessie's hair (wouldnt you if she kicked the #### out of you?)

Cacnea hugs James, which hurts i guess!

Thats all I can think of. Isnt Lotad lazy?

Hanada Tattsu
12th May 2003, 05:59 PM
Yeah, Wobuffet always comes out of its Poke-Ball, Seviper bites Jessie's hair, Jessie always cuddles her Cascoon, and Cacnea hugs James. And Treecko is rebellious, Torchic is hyper-active, and Lotad is lazy.

As for the teams:

Ash - Pikachu, Taillow, Treecko, Corphish

Stored at Oak's Lab - Bulbasaur, Kingler, Muk, Tauros x30, Snorlax, Bayleef, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Noctowl, Phanpy

May - Torchic, Cascoon

Brock - Forretress, Lotad, Mudkip

Entropy
12th May 2003, 06:43 PM
Lotad? When did Brock capture that?

Bear in mind my query is based on my loose knownledge of the AG episodes so far. Geez, I just hope they don't make mistakes like they did with the first 2 episodes...

Purasuru
12th May 2003, 07:20 PM
*sighs* And Taillow? Ash's flying Pokemon whore.....poor Taillow. I thought they'd be working on making all the Pokemon have a bit more of a personality. Guess not =(

I'm looking foward to Mudkip joining the crew. After all, it seems Pikachu, Treecko, Torchic and Mudkip are the main Pokémon of Pokémon Advance Generation, so it would make sense that Mudkip has some kind of personality. I still wish the others would have some though. Maybe like in the game, their personality shall affect that their stats?

Hanada Tattsu
12th May 2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Purasuru
*sighs* And Taillow? Ash's flying Pokemon whore.....poor Taillow. I thought they'd be working on making all the Pokemon have a bit more of a personality. Guess not =(

I'm looking foward to Mudkip joining the crew. After all, it seems Pikachu, Treecko, Torchic and Mudkip are the main Pokémon of Pokémon Advance Generation, so it would make sense that Mudkip has some kind of personality. I still wish the others would have some though. Maybe like in the game, their personality shall affect that their stats?

Yeah, Ash doesn't even use Taillow as much as he did before he got Treecko.

Oh well...

Mikachu Yukitatsu
13th May 2003, 01:54 AM
This is what I was able to make out this time, Mizugoroo is Mudkip:

A Secret Pond! Plenty Of Mizugoroo!?

Satoshi and friends continue practice in order to beat Towaki, the gym leader of Muro gym. Aiming at their own training and catching rare Pokémon, they began an adventure following a river which does not have name. The party makes acquaintance with the [Swamp Fish Pokémon] Mizugoroo, the master of bogs, in a small pond. Whenever a Mizugoroo egg used by a beginner hatches here, this is the place where you breed it. Takeshi, who is going to be a Pokémon breeder, is interested. However, Tean Rocket appeared, trying to collect together and steal all the Mizugoroo! Because they broke the machine which controls the volume of water, the Mizugoroo seemed to get washed away in the large quantity of water which had flown into the lake! How can Satoshi and others actually oppose this pinch!? Then, may they be able to protect the Mizugoroo!

AKA Pokemon Fan
13th May 2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Entropy
Lotad? When did Brock capture that?
I forget the episode name but it was given to him by a girl that liked him.

Bear in mind my query is based on my loose knownledge of the AG episodes so far. Geez, I just hope they don't make mistakes like they did with the first 2 episodes...
What mistakes are you talking about? I didn't notice any errors.

Hanada Tattsu
13th May 2003, 06:22 PM
Yeah, it was in AG07 I believe "Lotad and the Sisters of the Flower Shop".

Entropy
14th May 2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by AKA Pokemon Fan

What mistakes are you talking about? I didn't notice any errors.

Maybe I should have rephrased myself, not mistakes rather, but the vast changes that IMO, degrade the vaule of the anime. For example, the lack of using the new scores of BG music the Japanese versions of the first AG episodes had. Yet again, 4Kids bores us to hell with rehashed scores, some of the music recognizable from the 2nd movie, which sucked even more.

Light_Togetic
14th May 2003, 03:22 PM
Meh, thanks Entropy for reminding me of the use of utterly overused and low quality midi music that played during the AG preview... (j/k;)) No, seriously, they shouldn't have done that! 4Kids does that with every anime show of theirs that I've seen so far (Kirby, Fighting Foodons, etc.). It's rrrreeeaaalllllllyyyyyy annoying!! Anyway, before I get way too off subject, I'll say something about Mudkip. ^-^;

I know they'll give Mudkip some sort of personality, and what I hope is that they make it a unique one that we've rarely seen in pokemon before. Treecko I know is the "rebel", but Bulbasaur was kinda that way when Ash first picked him up too. The same with Chikorita; they all had some kind of attitude or independence about them. Heh, maybe it's just the grass pokemon. I do like Torchic's personality though... hyperness seems to suit it.:D

Hanada Tattsu
15th May 2003, 09:13 AM
I want Mudkip to dance a lot, kind of like Ash's Totodile. It's kinda hyper, so I think it would be a cool personality to have. Besides, it would be the opposite of Lotad, Lotad is sleepy and grumpy.

Light_Togetic
15th May 2003, 12:06 PM
Okay first lemme just say something... when I came in this forum, every thread's newest post besides one was by you Hanada! It was kinda cool looking! Okay, I'm in an odd mood... and I'm easily amused... anyway, I like the idea of Mudkip doing a little dance. That's something that made Totodile really cute, and I'm sure it would have the same effect on Mudkip. Besides, I miss them making a big deal about Toto's dancing...

Entropy
15th May 2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Light_Togetic
Meh, thanks Entropy for reminding me of the use of utterly overused and low quality midi music that played during the AG preview... (j/k;)) No, seriously, they shouldn't have done that! 4Kids does that with every anime show of theirs that I've seen so far (Kirby, Fighting Foodons, etc.).

I'm glad you see along with me, Togetic. If anything, 4Kids has no sense when they compose their 'scores', but what do you expect when one of the producers enjoys playing the ukelele... Heh.

Hanada Tattsu
15th May 2003, 04:51 PM
LOL, LT, I like doing that. It's funny that not one of those posts are spammy. ;)

Yeah, I hope Mudkip does something funny.