PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever play sports in high school?

Link
18th September 2018, 05:15 PM
I did Track, Cross Country, and a little jv Football.

Knight of Time
18th September 2018, 06:32 PM
There were a few sports I played in high school while I was in physical education. The best memory I have comes from playing volleyball; I used to pull off a serve that could send the ball really high and far, the only drawbacks were, one, I usually had to stand a good distance behind the net to make the serve, and two, it was sometimes inaccurate.

Link
18th September 2018, 07:47 PM
There were a few sports I played in high school while I was in physical education. The best memory I have comes from playing volleyball; I used to pull off a serve that could send the ball really high and far, the only drawbacks were, one, I usually had to stand a good distance behind the net to make the serve, and two, it was sometimes inaccurate.

Volleyball is a tough sport to master.

Magmar
19th September 2018, 10:00 AM
no in high school i could not play sports due to a lung condition that turned out to be temporary and caused entirely by my parents smoking indoors (bravo ace parenting there), but i play rugby now

Mikachu Yukitatsu
19th September 2018, 10:25 AM
I managed to skip almost all voluntary P.E. classes at lukio (the closest Finnish equivalent to high school). Instead, I was in the computer class, where I either stalked the Red-Haired Girl via webcam or read TPM.

During the compulsory P.E. classes, I liked pesäpallo, which is a variation of baseball, although I never hit the ball!

Knight of Time
20th September 2018, 12:01 PM
Volleyball is a tough sport to master.

Tell me about it...when I was playing volleyball inside the gym while in high school (this was before it had to be torn down due to an asbestos problem in the walls; it was rebuilt in another location even though I have yet to see the inside of the new school), I was wary of hitting the ball too hard while doing a serve simply because I didn't want the ball to end up hitting the ceiling and possibly getting stuck. Luckily on the day of the grad barbeque (when I was in grade 12), I was able to play volleyball outside, and there was no ceiling to hinder me any time I served.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
20th September 2018, 12:08 PM
I myself was always in trouble with perceiving the space in volleyball as well. Doing a serve was impossible for me.

firepokemon
21st September 2018, 03:34 AM
Netball, nukemball, badminton, tennis and basketball. I just shot like a netballer. Also dodgeball and some hockey game but played inside. We refused to shower so we were all stinky after.

Katie
26th September 2018, 01:42 PM
Being on color guard for jrotc earned me a letter jacket, lol! Otherwise, no, I hate playing sports. Too short, too slow, and not competitive enough. I did cheerleading in middle school but didn't advance to high school because I couldn't do all the flippies the more serious girls could do.