PDA

View Full Version : Database Errors and Other Issues

Mikachu Yukitatsu
24th October 2018, 10:23 AM
Yay TPM is back but

I'm getting frequently Database Errors and also the thread post count seems to be broken.

Anyone with the same problems as I have?

Link
24th October 2018, 10:32 AM
I'm getting those errors, too.

Drago
24th October 2018, 07:36 PM
IT LIVES

Fett One
24th October 2018, 08:30 PM
Same here. Hopefully the issue gets resolved soon.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
25th October 2018, 01:51 AM
I just hope that doesn't mean another more-than-one-week downtime.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
29th October 2018, 10:07 AM
Same issue for me.

Magmar
29th October 2018, 02:00 PM
I'm getting these stupid errors.

When I post it says "database error" and then when I try again it says "duplicate post" so it did go through.

Also, sometimes responses don't show up. So Mikachu I know you replied to my fanfuc idea but I can't see the response.

Magmar
7th November 2018, 07:55 AM
this is why harry potter threw the resurrection stone away

things are never the same once they're brought back from the dead

Drago
7th November 2018, 08:43 AM

G__cEmPmm_k

Mikachu Yukitatsu
8th November 2018, 11:40 AM
https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/

I tried to find answers to the bugs from there but I feel as if I was illiterate when I go there.

Oh and DragoKnight's Youtube videos don't work for/against me! That's useless!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
8th November 2018, 01:20 PM
Also, sometimes responses don't show up. So Mikachu I know you replied to my fanfuc idea but I can't see the response.

You have to go to 'show threads from'...

and choose for instance 'the beginning'.

Jeff
10th November 2018, 07:54 AM
I see recent posts from the main page, but they aren’t showing up on the forum pages.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
11th November 2018, 12:15 AM
I see recent posts from the main page, but they aren’t showing up on the forum pages.

Yeah, I'm experiencing the same issue.

Drago
11th November 2018, 06:47 AM
Oh and DragoKnight's Youtube videos don't work for/against me! That's useless!
BUT THEY'RE ALL I HAVE LEFT

Lady Vulpix
19th November 2018, 07:06 AM
I'm experiencing those errors too. Looks like something happens after our posts go through. Maybe an error while updating the post count or something. At least we can still post. I have no idea if/when this is going to be fixed.

Verzerrung
3rd December 2018, 05:28 PM
I can likely help if needed. I'm familiar with the ACP and hosting/server related issues.

Lady Vulpix
5th December 2018, 11:10 AM
Thanks for offering (and welcome!), but only Kevin has access to the server. If he doesn't fix the issue, no one else can.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
3rd January 2019, 12:36 AM
Attention, please. Embed videos still work! You just have to embed them in another way.

[ video=youtube;JUauAHn9Irs ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUauAHn9Irs[ /video ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUauAHn9Irs

Gavin Luper
5th January 2019, 12:57 AM

This quote ... good call, mate! :applause::applause:

abunaidesu
16th February 2019, 09:31 PM
did kevin die

Mikachu Yukitatsu
11th May 2019, 12:09 AM
Is the indvidual postcount broken now as hell? I had 14,791 poststststs before posting this message.

EDIT: First it was the thread postcount, now it's also the individual postcount.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
4th November 2019, 07:58 PM
Still, I can't edit my signature. It says: 'Invalid file'. And I just got an idea for a new kind of sig.

Fett One
26th December 2019, 04:15 PM
Still, I can't edit my signature. It says: 'Invalid file'. And I just got an idea for a new kind of sig.

I just got the same error when trying to update my signature with my new Unown award.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
27th December 2019, 10:45 AM
Correcting that error may require more than basic Vb knowledge, so trying to correct it might screw up the board again. Just my humble opinion, hopefully everybody understands.

Drago
27th December 2019, 07:22 PM
What's the file extension? And the dimensions?

Lady Vulpix
29th December 2019, 09:41 AM
Yes, the signature editor appears to be broken still. But I can edit signatures via de Admin CP, so if you send me the signature you want, I can copy/paste it and save it for you.

Magmar
3rd January 2020, 08:15 AM
Hey! It's actually a cinch to fix the signature editor although it's not immediately obvious (that's why my Switch code is above the Avatar--I couldn't figure it out for a while either lol). If you scroll down beneath the textbox for editing signature, it asks you for:

SIGNATURE PICTURE
Upload Signature Picture
Option 1: Enter the URL to an Image on Another Website and here it automatically has https://www filled in. You have to backspace that out because it processes as a broken URL and will deny you the edits. When you backspace it out, it allows you to save your changes.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
3rd January 2020, 11:46 AM
No way.

Hey thanks Magmar, it worked! Now I just need to work on a better one.

Lady Vulpix
4th January 2020, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the tip, Barry!