PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here speak more than one language?

Link
22nd November 2018, 02:03 PM
I speak these a little:

French
German

Mikachu Yukitatsu
23rd November 2018, 12:17 AM
As you probably knew, my native language is Finnish. I have also studied these languages:

English
Swedish
Japanese
German
French
Mandarin Chinese
Spanish
Russian

Fett One
23rd November 2018, 10:25 AM
I only speak English. I took Spanish in college but could never pick it up.

Link
23rd November 2018, 10:49 AM
As you probably knew, my native language is Finnish. I have also studied these languages:

English
Swedish
Japanese
German
French
Mandarin Chinese
Spanish
Russian

Do you know a lot about these languages or not?=)

Mikachu Yukitatsu
24th November 2018, 12:54 AM
Some of them are rustier than others. I have forgotten many words. Some constructions are difficult. But if I read some text and hear speech I maybe remember something. Finnish people have to know many languages because nobody bothers to learn theirs.

Lady Vulpix
26th November 2018, 07:46 AM
I speak Spanish (native), English (fluent), Mandarin Chinese (intermediate, I guess) and I understand a lot of Italian and Portuguese although I can't speak them myself.

There are many languages of which I know a few words, but I'm not counting those.

Magmar
26th November 2018, 01:30 PM
Interesting question! I speak English (native), Spanish (intermediate/fluent, depending upon regional dialect), and SOME Italian.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
27th November 2018, 10:19 AM
German and English is all I speak.

Knight of Time
4th December 2018, 11:21 AM
I mostly speak English, but I can speak a little bit of French as well.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
15th December 2018, 10:46 AM
German is easier to pick up if you know English, or alternatively, Swedish. Pretty same thing with French, Spanish and Italian, although they can result to confusions, too. Finnish is so hard and different from the surrounding languages except Estonian that Finns always have to learn more languages to get rid of the disadvantage.