PDA

View Full Version : PKMNDS Latest Chapter!!! Tain't love beautiful?

Mew Master
21st October 2002, 08:08 AM
Well, it may have been a while since I posted on my fic. For some reason I've been on a Godzilla kick since this summer. Now the latest chapter's finished and I'll post a link to all of my previous chapters so you really aren't left all in the dark.

Later!

PKMNDS, Chapters finished (http://groups.msn.com/df9a9mthhtcbig/fanfic.msnw)

Chapter 5: Lost Paradise

"This is deffinantly NOT one of your best ideas!" Tina shouted as Aero's wings flapped harder.

"How was I to know he would find us on a roundabout route?!" Denny shouted back as Aero's speed increased.

Aero flapped his wings as the Pokémon avoided energy basts comming from the clouds behind him. The blasts hit the ocean and threw up gysers of water into the air beside the flying Pokémon. Something split the clouds apart as it forced it's way after the the two humans. The Great Collector, Lawrence III's airship, flew after Denny, Tina, Mew, and Aero.

On the 3D chess table, Lawrence watched as the peice representing his prey moved in an irradic manor, trying to avoid his ship.

"Computer, increase speed 20%. We must keep up or we'll lose them."

"Warning." the computer replied. "Speed increse is not advised. Hurricane Abby is approxamatly two miles West."

"Very well, retain visual on targets." Lawrence stood and walked over to one of the newly constructed windows. "Soon I shall have all I need." he thought out loud.

"Okay Denny, now what?!" Tina asked as more shots came from the Great Collector, causing the sea in front of Aero to blast into the air.

Denny was just wondering that himself. At this rate Lawrence would be on top of them and his plans for Mew and Aero would begin, what ever they might be. A flash of light caught his eye from his left. There, dark clouds were building. Lightning lit up the storm and they could hear the thunder several minutes later.

"There! Aero, left side! Head for the storm!" Denny ordered.

"Are you crazy?!" Tina shouted as Aero banked in a sharp turn that almost threw them off into the sea.

"You should know by now that I am. But do we have much of a choice?!" Denny shouted back.

Aero, going against all logic and instinct that the Pokémon had, flew straight into the hurricane. He trusted that Denny had a plan, but would try and keep Denny, Tina, and Mew from falling off from the wailing winds. The Pokémon's wings flapped against the winds and tried to get under them by dropping near to the raging sea. Waves flew into the air as Aero flew just feet from them.

"Target has flown into Hurricane Abby. Pursuit is not advised. High winds may disrupt our course." the computer said in it's slightly female voice.

"Continue visual scanning and radar scanning, we must not lose them in this storm." Lawrence ordered. "Change course and go after them!"

"Warning. Pursuit is not advised."

"Go after them!" Lawrence ordered, with more force.

"Uh, Denny. Your plan isn't working!" Tina shouted over the storm.

Denny glanced back and saw that Lawrence's airship was still on thier tail. "Aero, speed it up!"

Rain fell on them, hurting any exposed skin from Aero's speed. The Aerodactyl barrel rolled, dove, and pulled up, avoiding the lightning and waves. A blast of lightning flashed inbetween them and the Great Collector. Tina let out a scream that was drowned out by the clap of thunder.

Denny openned his eyes just so he could see in front of them. Out of the blackness of the storm he saw a light in the clouds. An island with a tall mountian, or volcano, and trees at the base.

"There! Head for that island!" He shouted to Aero.

"What island?!" Tina asked, because she couldn't see it, the rain hitting her in the face and blocking her vision.

Aero flapped onward. Able to see small objects from high up in the sky, he could see the island, but more inportantly the Pokémon could see caves. Caves large enough for him to fit, even fly into. Aero let out a squawk before blasting away in a burst of pure Agility. The Pokémon flew straight through waves that got in his way, and he didn't slow down untill Aero was over the beach, still just 100 meters from the cave mouth. Aero was still flying fast and covered the distance in seconds.

Denny and Tina noticed that the rain had stopped and they looked around. Aero had brought them to a cave on an island.

"Where are we?" Tina asked.

"Somewhere out of the storm unil it dies out." Denny answered as Aero placed his feet on the rocky ground, and let Denny, Tina, and Mew off.

"What about Lawrence?"

"Don't know. Let's hope we lost him." Denny replied.

Lawrence III glared at the holo-chess table when it showed that the peice representing the Aerodactyl and Mew had disappeared. "Computer, find the target."

"I can not compute. Target has vanished from my scanners. The electro-magnetic force of the storm is interfering, suggest leaving hurricane vacinity."

Lawrence thought for a moment. "Increase altitude until we are over the storm, but keep our heading as west-southwest until our target is re-aquired."

"Afermative."

The Great Collector's hover fans increased their rotations and the mighty airship flew above the storm, not noticing the island where Lawrence's "targets" had gone to hide.

Aero lead them to the back of the cave, his nostrils sniffing for any stray Pokémon that may use this cave as a home. Mew had a pink aura surrounding her and illuminating the area around Denny, Tina, and Aero. Tina started to shiver and Denny took off his jacket and placed it over her shoulders.

"Thanks,"

"Don't worry,"

Aero stopped at a dead end and sniffed all around, before walking in a tight circle and laying down, his wings folded at his sides. Wet and tired he wasn't willing to search for Pokémon to fight just to use the cave to sleep in for one night. Tina walked over and sat next to Aero, using him as a pillow. Denny looked back out at the mouth of the cave, watching as the storm continued to rage a bolt of lightning lighting up the sky and casting shadows through the cave. Then he went and sat next to Tina and put an arm around her, she put her head on his shoulder and his head gently rested on her's.

Mew watched them and noticed that Tina was still shivering. She quietly floated over and sniffed for the right Pokéball. Mew grabbed the Pokéball and openned it, releasing Tina's Ponyta. The sound of Ponyta comming out didn't even disturb the sleeping humans and Aerodactyl. Mew told Ponyta about Tina shivering and the fire Pokémon nodded before walking over and laying infront of the sleeping couple, her flame intense and warming them.

Mew watched for several seconds before floating up and curling up on Aero's back and falling asleep.

Sunlight sweeped over the Orange Islands Arcepeligo, ending the night and beginning a new day. On one island, the sun's rays moved slowly though a cave where different Pokémon and two humans slept.

As the light moved over his face, Denny closed his eyes tighter from the rays. He openned one eye and realized that the sun was finally up.

"Hey, Tina. The sun's up." He wispered into her ear.

"So," she mumbled back, eyes still closed. "I'm still sleeping."

"Don't you want to check out the island?"

"Actually, no."

"Common. It'll be fun, it'll be fun, it'll be fun." he said, bugging her to get up.

Mew, Aero, and Ponyta were starting to wake up and stretch, each yawning as they rubbed their eyes.

Tina finally gave in and sat up, Denny's jacket falling into her lap. She gave a long yawn and then looked around, still sleepy.

"Welcome to the world of the living." Denny joked.

"Shut up." she replied, starting to stand up.

They walked to the mouth of the cave, the sun warming thier bodies. Mew flew over and landed on Denny's shoulder, opposite Tina. The sun's rays met them as they stood in amazement.

There, in front of the group, was a beautiful beach and the waves gently lapping up on shore. Sunshine reflected off of both the sea and sand, giving both a glitery look as the sun continued to rise.

"It's beautiful," Tina commented.

"Yeah,"

Even the Pokémon agreed as they watched the scene.

"Hey, how about we stay here for a day and explore the whole island.?" Denny asked.

"Okay, but if we do that shouldn't we let our Pokémon out?"

"Good point," Denny threw four Pokéballs into the sky. "Everyone, let's party!" Jolteon, Flareon, Tsunami, and Blade all materialized on the beach.

"Let's not forget, Eevee!" Tina threw her remaining Pokéball. Her third Pokémon came out right by Flareon, rubbing up against the fire Pokémon making him blush.

"Okay, looks like today is just a chill day. We'll go exploring around the island. And you guys can do what you want. Meet back here by nightfall, Kay?"

All of the Pokémon sounded in agreement.

"Okay Columbus, where do we start?" Tina asked.

"Um, I have no clue." Tina fell over in stupidity. "How about the beach and work our way through?"

"Gee, never would have thought of that," Tina commented. "Let's go!"

"Be back later guys!" Denny said to the Pokémon as he and Tina started following a set of train tracks that ran along the beach.

"I never knew this island had so many different areas." Tina commented. "A beach, a cave with a power genarator, jungle, catacombs of caves, a volcano, and a valley. It's huge."

The two had been over the island, watching the landscapes change with every step. Now they where headed back to the beach and the cave that they had spent the night in.

Denny had his hands in his pockets, looking at the ground.

"You okay?"

"Hmm? Yeah, it's just something's bugging me."

"Like what?" Tina asked.

"You know that where I'm from Pokémon is just a game and show on TV."

"Yeah, so?"

"When we've been exploring Kanto, and now the Orange Islands, I've been wondering, if it's all real, or I'll just wake up in a few seconds and it will all be a dream."

"How can you say that?"

"Look at this place, you may not know it but this island is called Pokémon Island, and it's the main place for a video game called Pokémon Snap. It just doesn't seem that any of this should be happening. It's liked I've played all of the Pokémon games too much and I'm now having a really long dream, and that none of this is real."

"Denny. Look at the sun. Can you feel the wind? Can you smell the air? It is real, although you may not be able to accept it. It's all real. Mew's real, I'm real, and so are you."

"Maybe,"

Out of nowhere Tina's mallet slammed down on his head. Denny fell to the ground, a giant bump on his head.

"Well, did that feel real?" Tina asked, the malled in her hands.

"Yup, it did. I'm alive."

"When one starts to question whether or not the world is real, it sometimes leads to their own destruction from within." The voice wasn't heard by their ears, but by their minds.

Denny and Tina both turned and looked behind them, up on a hill. There stood a Pokémon. Grey and purple in color, it's violet eyes looked at them with kindness.

"Mewtwo?!" The two humans exclaimed.

"It's been a while, Denny, Tina.?" Mewtwo replied.

"So this is where you've been since after what happened with Mewthree." Tina said.

Mewtwo sat by Denny and Tina on a set of rocks over a lagoon. Mew was laying on top of Mewtwo's head, happy to see her friend again.

"I had known about this island, and had made it my home, two years ago. It was perfect for a Pokémon who doesn't wish to be seen by anyone. Pokémon Island is a place where no Pokémon may be captured and few humans are ever allowed to set foot here."

"Sorry about this Mewtwo." Denny apologized. "We got chased here by Lawrences's ship. The guy's after Mew and Aero. So we were thinking about staying one more night and then leaving."

"It isn't a problem for you to stay here. But if you're being pursued the best thing would be to leave first thing in the morning." Mewtwo stood up, Mew floating off of his head. He began walking back to the center of the island. "I'll see you off in the morning. Good night."

Denny and Tina just sat and watched as Mewtwo disappeared into the forest, the sun infront of him.

"How long do you think we can evade Lawrence?" Tina asked, scooting closer to Denny.

"I'm not sure,"

"You haven't been sure of a lot of things lately."

"I guess not. Ever since Indigo, and the fight with Mewthree, I'm not sure if I'm even needed."

"Why not?"

"Ah, it's not important. It's something I'll have to figure out as I go along."

Tina smacked him aslong side the head. "As long as you don't think that I don't exsist."

"Question withdrawn." Denny said in surrender. "I can't win."

"And I won't let you when you have a mind set like that."

"Okay, I surrender. Should we get everyone back to the cave for the night?"

"Yeah, I wonder where they are?" Tina said, looking at the beach.

"Hey Mew, can you get them here?"

Mew nodded and then started to concentrate. A small pink aura surrounded the Pokémon for a second then disapated.

"Well they should be here soon."

"Sooner than that. There's Aero."

They both looked up. The Pokémon flapped his wings as he neared the beach.

Denny lay in his sleeping bag. He stared up at the star filled sky. Tina was asleep beside him, as well as Mew and all of their Pokémon.

He just stared up at the stars and the different colors that marked the Milky Way. "It sure looks the same, no matter how many times I look at it." Denny said quietly to himself.

He silently sat up and got out of his sleeping bag, only putting his glasses on as he walked away from the makeshift camp. Walking to the edge of the beach, he stood on the sand as the surf lapped the land. A slight breeze rolled through, brushing his hair in the wind.

"It has to be real, everything else doesn't make sense. Even in some of my best dreams its not as real as this." Denny titled his head up towards the night sky. "But if it is real, why am I doubting myself."

"It's because you are questioning your own exsistance."

Denny almost jumped and looked up the beach at Mewtwo, who stood near the beach's edge.

"Mewtwo,"

"You are wondering whether you should even be alive, just because of Chrono and Mew Master." Mewtwo continued, looking at Denny.

"Why should I be, Mew Master was inside of me since the day I was born. And the reason is because our brainwaves are exactly alike. My only use is a hiding place for Mew Master."

Mewtwo didn't reply, he just let Denny continue.

"Before all of this started, before I even knew Pokémon exsisted, life was so simple. I'd get up, go to school, come home and do homework, get chewed out by my grandmother because I forgot to get the trash out, hang out with Mark and Bobby, and then go to bed. Then the cycle started all over again. True it was dull, but I didn't want anything else. Now, now I'm not sure."

"You have to realize that your life isn't worthless. If it wasn't for you, Mewthree would have taken over this planet and not stop untill all dimensions were under his command. It is possible, that this is your destiny, not just your fate." Mewtwo said.

"Maybe, but still."

"It is okay to have your own doubts about your destiny, but all you should look forward to is the next day."

Denny looked at the horizon. "I think you're right, but I'll still have my doubts."

"We all have doubts, we always will. With every new day, doubts subside and hopes raise."

Denny smiled and nodded, his eyes staring out at the horizon as the sun began to rise, warming the earth and his skin. "So what do you suggest we do to get Lawrence off of our tails" He asked Mewtwo with a slightly cheery voice.

Mewtwo smiled to himself. "To start, keep moving. If you stay in one place for too long he'll be sure to find you."

"Kinda figured that, but he caught us just as we left one of the Orange Island Gyms. Some how he's able to find out where we are no matter how random we pick our destination."

"Have you eer heard of Lawrence in your dimension?"

"Yeah, he was even in one of the movies. He was after Lugia and his airship was more propellar powered. He managed to capture two of the Three Legendary Birds with a 3/D chess game and,...." Denny trailed off.

"And?" Mewtwo asked, feeling that Denny had rememberd something.

"The Chess Game! That's how he was almost able to corner us several times. He uses it like a preview into moves we haven't even thought of making."

"What's going on?" Walking towards Mewtwo and Denny was a sleepy eyed Tina, woken up at Denny's exclimation about Lawrence's chess board.

"I think I know how Lawrence keeps finding us. He uses a 3/D Chess Game with peices that represent us. To him it's all one giant-scale chess game."

The sound of aplause started to come from behind them. It was only one man clapping but it grabbed everyone's attention. They spun around and saw someone standing ontop of a rock outcropping on the beach.

"Very impressive Denny, you seemed to know exactly how I continue to find you no matter how hard you try to hide. I see how you can get to be a top-notch trainer with insight like that." Lawrence III commented. "But, not even insight into an opponent's moves can grant you complete victory."

Then winds becan to pick up as Lawrence's airship began to appear from behind the volcano of Pokémon Island.

Denny and Tina's Pokémon, their sleep interupted by Lawrence's enterance, gathered around their trainers.

"Now, Computer, activate Backlash!"

Sections under the Great Collector openned and circles, squares, and triangle shapes filled with electrical energy span towards the beach.

"Hit the deck!" Denny shouted as everyone dropped to the ground as the shapes flashed by. The shapes flew back into the air and then headed back towards the ground.

They hit the ground and this time spun along the ground towards the humans and Pokémon. Denny and Tina were still on the ground as one headed right for them.

"Hang on." Denny said as he and Tina held each other. As the cicular electro-net neared them, Blade jumped in and sliced it in two.

No matter how fast they dodged the nets on their first pass, the nets would whip back towards them.

"Blast it! We need a plan!" Denny shouted to Aero and Mewtwo, Mew was strangely missing.

"We can't fight them all!" Tina replied.

"Yes, we stay and fight, then we all lose." Mewtwo replied, blasting a couple nets out of the sky. "GO!"

"What?!" Tina said, watching out for nets closing in.

"You can't take them all by yourself!" Denny replied.

Mewtwo smiled as he caused four nets to slam into each other. "Of course I can. Just think of it as repaying you for saving me from Mewthree. Now go!

"Let's go!" Denny told Tina, knowing that Mewtwo's decision wouldn't be changed.

The two of them recalled all of their Pokémon except for Aero. "Aero! Let's book!"

Aero flew in, dodging several nets as he did, and landed for Denny and Tina to get on. Mew teleported in her seat infront of Denny.

"Give him heck Mewtwo!" Denny shouted as Aero lifted off.

Mewtwo made sure they where out to sea. "Are you ready Lawrence?" Mewtwo concentrated, a ball of pure psychic energy surrounding him. "Psychic Sphere!"

The nets started to close in on Mewtwo. His Psychic ball expanded, every net that touched it exploaded. Soon every net Lawence had sent was destroyed and Mewtwo floated above the ground.

"You're defeated this time, Lawrence. Leave."

"You forget one thing, I can still find them. I will not rest until Mew and Aero are mine to command."

Mewtwo just watched as Lawrence was retrieved by a small hover craft from his airship. As the Great Collector flew away, Mewtwo smiled to himself. "You may think so, but I know something you don't."

Lawrence walked onto the bridge of his airship, anxious to find out where his prey had gone. He walked up to the chess board and stared. It was in pieces. Wires lay on the floor as circut board parts where shattered.

"RRRAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!" Lawrence's scream could be heard down on the island below.

Chrono: After narrowly escaping Lawrence once again, Denny, Tina, Aero, and Mew continue traveling. One thing they do no suspect, is that some people have been hired by Lawrence to hunt them down and hold them for him. This time the new feelings between Denny and Tina are tested to the limits as, well, you wouldn't want me to spoil the plot now would you? Next time, on POKéMON: DIMENSION SHIFTERS, Temptations of Love.

When things look bad, count on the power within.

Mew Trainer Rose
21st October 2002, 05:01 PM
Yay! you're back! and with a new chap, too!

When you mentioned Pokemon Snap i sort of expected Todd to come by with his camera. And it was nice of Mewtwo to help them out again. ^_^

Mew Master
21st October 2002, 06:04 PM
Well MTR, I may take a while but I never fail to please. After Scholars Bowl tonight I'll start work on the next chapter.

Mew Master
10th November 2002, 03:42 PM
AAAAAHHHHH!!!! I'm having trouble with writer's block currently. Blast it! Well I got the next chap started. For the Fans of PKMNDS, I'll get it finished ASAP!

Mew Master
24th November 2002, 01:16 PM
Chapter 6: Temptations of Love

Millsweet Island was an island with a city near the beach and smaller towns scattered through the island. In the city people prospered off of the fishing industry as the boats fished just off shore.

Inland, inside one of the more extravagant homes, the phone had been ringing steadily.

"For cryin' out load!" said a feminine voice from somewhere inside the house. "Always when I'm in the shower." A young lady walked in, dressed in a robe and her hair bundled up in a towel. She turned on the speaker. "Hello, what do you want?!" she demanded in an annoyed tone.

"Bonnie, It's Lawrence."

"Lawrence?! What do you want? Our contract is over."

"Yes I know, but the kid escaped with his Pokémon and somehow they detroyed my tracking system. It will take almost a month to repair."

Bonnie sighed. "Allright, what do you want me to do. But I warn you, it will cost you."

"Thank you, I'll send twice the ammount I paid you last time to your account. Your instructions are being faxed now. I don't expect failier."

"I never fail." The other end of the call was cut off as Lawrence hung up. "Blasted rich boy," she cursed. Bonnie walked into another room and got the fax from Lawrence. "So, they're headed here are they? Hmm, today may not be so dull after all...." Bonnie said as she looked at the calender.

"What's the map say Tina?" Denny asked.

Tina held the map, and tried to hang on as it fluttered in the wind. "If we've been heading south than it looks like Millsweet Island."

Areo flew low to the sea, passing several fishing ships as they started to lay out their nets for the day. The sailors saw them and waved as Denny, Tina, Mew, and Aero flew by. With every second the island became bigger and more details could be made out.

Tall buildings jutted out of the ground by the sandy beach. People moved about on the beach, but it seemed deserted.

"What's going on? The store run out of sun lotion last week?" Denny asked.

"I don't know."

They flew more into the city and giant "Sale" signs dotted the skyline. Aero dropped to a street and Denny, Tina and Mew got off.

"Somethin's goin' on." Denny commented as he recalled Aero into the Pokéball.

Tina watched as girls walked around, closely followed by guys lugging around bags of all sizes. "I almost forgot!" she came close to screaming. "It's Princess Day!"

"Uh-oh." Denny mumbled under his breath.

"This is the one day when girls can get whatever they want. There are sales on everything. And guys have to pay for everything. All women are treated like royalty." Both her and Mew were imangining things that they could get from Denny's money. Their eyes closed Tina asked, "Well Denny, shall we get started?"

No reply.

Tina openned her eyes. "Denny?!"

Denny was gone.

"I sure hated to do that to Tina and Mew, but I saw what happened to Ash and Brock on Princess Day." Denny told himself as he lightly jogged up the street. He slowed to a walk and put his hands on the back of his head. "Meh, I think I'll buy Tina something to make up for this. If she doesn't kill me first."

He walked along by himself, watching as stores and shops where filled to capacity with women strugling to get their fair deal. "And I thought men were animals. These women are making a feeding frenzy in every store."

Farther along the street he saw a cadilac head his way. There was a driver and a woman in a long dress. As he watched he noticed a mob of guys right behind the car. All of the guys carried packages and bags of varying sizes and colors. The car drove by and he noticed that the woman was wearing a short red dress and had a long green scarf waving in the wind behind her. She had long, curly, brown hair and fasionable earings and some red lipstick on her lips.

To his surprise the cadilac slowed down and stopped, the woman was starting at him with a coy look.

"Hey there,"

"Uh, hi."

"How would you like to be my prince on this Princess Day?" she asked.

Denny stole a look at the mob of men standing there with gifts and other junk. "Uh, I think I'll pass."

"Why not? You don't have anyone to be with I see."

"That's because I figured it would be more fun to lose her in the crowd and surprise her with something. Besides, you're kinda creepy."

The mob of guys began to bad-mouth Denny for turning down the woman. "How dare you turn down Bonnie you punk!"

"Don't you know every guy on Millsweet Island wants to go out with her?!" another shouted.

"Uh, no I didn't know that. I'm not from Millsweet Island!" Denny shouted back. "Besides, can't you tell she's just sweet talking you into lugging around all her luggage?! And making you pay for it?! Besides, she's not even that pretty!"

The mob of guys as well as Bonnie fell over in stupidity.

"How dare you, insulting a woman such as myself." Bonnie said, fire in her voice.

"Don't bother Bonnie, we'll take care of this wimp." the designated leader of the mob said, followed by male grunts of agreement. "Bet you can't back up your words with a Pokémon battle!"

"That's it, you insult me, you insult my Pokémon!" Denny held out a Pokéball at arm's length. "Let's go Blade!" The Pokéball openned and his Scyther materialized kneeling, his blades crossed. Blade stared at the mob of guys infront of him. "Let's show them what we're made of Blade!"

"Scyther!"

"I'll show you to treat Bonnie like that, Golem!"

Bonnie watched on, a smirk splitting her face. That's it. Once you let out your Aerodactyl and Mew out into battle, these mindless, testostorone fuled, idiots will weaken them enough for me to grab them and run. Hmmph, I don't know why Lawrence had so much trouble trying to get your Pokémon.

"Get him, Rock Throw!" Golem launched itself into the air, aiming for Blade.

"Double Team!" Blade split into three forms as Golem began to fall. Seconds before Golem hit, Blade and his copies split up in three different directions, avoiding the attack.

The three Scythers gathered together behind Golem and faced the Pokémon again.

"Let's go! Fury Attack!" Denny yelled.

All three Blades flew back towards the grounded Golem, claws raised. With several slashes and swipes they attacked the Golem and left it too dazed to fight.

As the trainer recalled his Pokémon another trainer got into the battle. "Go Ursaring!"

"Blade, I'm switching you out!" Blade's clones disintigrated and the Pokémon hovered back behind Denny as he grabbed another Pokéball. "Let's go!" He threw the Pokéball into the air.

Yes! the thought screemed in Bonnie's mind, Now the Aerodactyl should come out.

The Pokéball openned and the energy streamed to the ground and formed into the Vaporeon Denny nicknamed Tsunami. Bonnie almost fell off her seat in stupidity.

"Fury Swipes!" The Ursaring roared and charged the clam being of Tsunami. Tsunami sat there, watching as the bear Pokémon got closer with every stomp. As Ursaring was ready to slash, Tsunami jumped and sprayed the ground benieth her with a blast of water. The water pressure shot Tsunami into the air and soaked Ursaring in the process. Tsunami landed gently, not a sign of wear on her body, Ursaring was soaked from head to toe though.

"Now, Ice Beam!"

Tsunami blasted a jet of ice that struck the Ursaring and froze it into a giant bear-sicle.

"Ha! Round two goes to me!" Denny said. "Come back Tsunami!" The Vaporeon silently and surely struded back and sat behind him, by Blade.

"Oh, no. Ursaring!" shouted the Pokémon's trainer.

"I'm up, show him Machamp!"

"Let's rock!" Denny threw his Pokéball.

Common, you stupid trainer. Send out your Aerodactyl! Bonnie screamed in her mind.

The light formed into Flareon. The Pokémon got into a battle stance as the Machamp began flexing it's muscles. Bonnie fell over in stupidity again.

"Get it Machamp, Siesmic Toss!"

The Machamp charged towards Flareon, it's four arms raised to gab the smaller Pokémon.

"Wait for it," Denny said, watching Machamp's advance.

Flareon stood his ground as Machamp got closer.

"Wait for it....."

Machamp lunged for Flareon, all arms ready to grap him.

"Now! Fire Wall!"

Flareon spat out a stream of flame along the ground directly in front of him. His eyes glowed and the line of fire turned into a wall that stood straight in Machamp's path. Machamp paniced and stopped his attack just inches from the intense flames.

"Go for it! Firey Body Slam!!!"

Flareon lunged thorugh the Fire Wall, the flames enveloping him in a cyclone of fire. He slammed headfirst into Machamp's torso, knocking the wind out of the fighting Pokémon. Machamp staggered back, all four of his arms holding his stomach, the recoil from the attack had hit him in a weakspot. The Pokémon fell backwards, TKO'ed.

The trainer recalled his Pokémon and another was ready to enter the fray.

"This will teach you not to mouth off to Bonnie, Go!" The latest challenger threw a Pokéball.

"Why the nerve of that Denny." Tina commented as she held a piece of clothing in her hands. "Running off to do who knows what and leaving me to pay for everything I get."

Mew was laying on her shoulder, helping her make some choices. "Mew mew mew mew meeeew mew mew."

"I don't care if he has a good reason or not, he has no right to run out on me like that."

Mew decided to stay quiet, it was no use trying to reason with Tina when she was in a mood like this.

On the other side of the clothing store Tina was in a crowd started running down the street. The door was open and parts of a conversation could be heard.

"A new trainer is taking on Bonnie's guys?"

"Yeah, he already took out three already with a Scyther, Vaporeon, and Flareon."

"I hear he was one of the guys that brought down the Elite Four."

Tina dropped the material she was holding. "Guys that brought down the Elite Four?! A Scyther, Vaporeon, and Flareon? Denny!"

In a flash she was gone from the store.

"Get him, Steelix!!"

"Let's go Jolteon!"

The Steelix towered above the ground as Jolteon stared up at the segmented Pokémon.

"And here I thought you knew what you were doing. Don't you realize that Electric Pokémon don't stand a chance against my Steelix." the trainer said.

"Yeah, but Jolteon's not your average run-of-the-mill Electric Pokémon. Let's show him Jolteon!"

Jolteon dashed towards the towering Pokémon.

"Take Down now!"

The Steelix curled and then lunged forward. Jolteon disappeared in a burst of speed as Steelix's head slammed down, cracking the concrete. Jolteon reappeared running along the length of Steelix's body, towards the head.

"Now, let 'er rip! Thunderbolt!"

Jolteon reached Steelix's head and let the energy he had been charging loose. With Steelix's head still sitting in the cracks, Jolteon's electric attack had an instant effect. The electricity ran straight to the ground, right though Steelix's head.

Jolteon jumped off the head and ran over to join Denny's other Pokmon, after he gave Jolteon a pat on the head and scratched the area under his chin. Tsunami came up and licked Jolteon a little on the side of the face while Flareon gave him a friendly body slam.

"No, my Steelix," the defeated trainer said, dumbfounded.

"Ha! There's not one Pokémon that your chronies can throw at us that one of my friends here can take care of." Denny said, impressed with his Pokémon's preformance.

"Just send out your stupid Aerodactyl!" Bonnie shouted.

"Huh?! What do you want with Aero?" Denny said, surprised at Bonnie's outburst.

Bonnie covered her mouth, just realizing she had said that out loud. Now she had to think on her feet. "I just mean, you must be that trainer who has these four rare Pokémon as well as a Mew and Aerodactyl."

"So, there must be alot of guys with the same four Pokémon I have." Denny replied.

Bonnie exited the car walking towards Denny. He recalled his Pokémon through a sudden feeling. "You must have them if your other four are strong enough to defeat Pokémon that they are weak against. Aren't you also one of the three trainers that defeated the Elite Four?" Bonnie was now trying to sweet talk him.

"If I am, I wouldn't let Aero out. We've been ridding on him from island to island and he needs all the rest he can get." Denny replied, Blade disappearing into his Pokéball.

Bonnie got really close. "So you wouldn't even let him out for me?"

"I..uh...I um...." Denny stammered.

"DENNIS D ROTH!!!!!" The shout from the crowd made Denny extreamly nervous because he recognized the tone and voice.

"Tina?!" he said, staring at her, Mew on her shoulder.

"Just what's the big idea leaving me in the middle of a street like that? Don't you know you're supposed to stay with me?!" Tina shouted.

"I'm sorry,..."

"Don't give me that!" Tina shouted back.

Hmmm, Bonnie thought, watching the argument, This could work out perfectly.

"Look Tina, I.."

"Now what do you think you're doing?" Bonnie asked Tina.

"I'm chewing out my boyfriend, who are you?"

"I'm Bonnie and I was having a little conversation with your boyfriend."

"So?"

"I don't think you should be so hard on him, being a gentleman and all." Bonnie replied.

"A gentelman, what would you about him being a gentleman?"

"Because he was treating me like a lady, isn't that right Denny?"

No answer. Denny was gone once again.

"Man, out of the frying pan and into the fire." Denny mumbled to himself. "Tina's going to kill me and I still haven't found her a gift."

"Mew mew mew meew?" Mew asked, laying on top of his head.

"Hey, when did you tag along?" Denny asked as he realized Mew was on his head.

"Mew mew mew." the Pokémon replied.

"It doesn't matter, I have to make it up to Tina by buying her a gift because I'm skipping out on a day for her. And everyother girl on the earth." he confessed. "Promise you won't tell her."

Mew nodded.

"Well, how about you stay with me and I'll get you something too." Denny decided.

"Mew!"

The dou walked along and Mew pointed out a jewlery store. Denny headed in, a chime from the door signaling that someone entered. They were both shocked at the twinkel of all the pieces. Rings, necklaces, ear rings, bracelets, all shimmered with a wonderful beauty.

A girl walked behind the counter. "May I help you?"

"Yeah, what kind of Pokémon baised ear rings do you have?" he asked.

"Well, we have several displaying here, and other kinds in back. What kind of Pokémon ear ring are you looking for?"

Denny got a hold of Mew and showed her to the girl. "Do you have any that look like Mew here?"

"I'm not sure. Hey Maria, Alicia!"

An older girl came out of the curtian to the back of the jewlers. "What is it Celecia?"

"Our costomer wants to know if we have any Pokémon ear rings that are shaped like a Mew." Celecia replied.

"A Mew? I'm afraid not. Ever since a trainer with a Mew defeated the Elite Four, Mew shapped rings, ear rings, and neckalce amulets have been in high demand. Even the likeness of a Mew is supposed to bring good luck. We sold out of them last week and the next shipment isn't due till next month."

"Even the likeness of Mew is supposed to bring good luck? Gee, then I have to be the luckiest guy ever." Denny replied, petting Mew on the head.

"Wha?!" the older sister almost shouted when she noticed Mew in Denny's arms. "Is that a real Mew?!"

"I should hope so, she helped me win at Indigo." Denny replied.

"You're the one who beat the Elite Four?!" Celecia exclaimed.

"Me and two of my best friends."

"Hey, Alicia. Come in here!" Maria shouted to the back.

Another girl came out, wearing a metalsmith mask and a sledgehammer in her hand. "What is it, I was kinda busy."

"This is the guy with a Mew who helped beat the Elite Four." Maria replied.

"You're kidding. This guy beat the Indigo League?" Alicia asked.

"Yeah, isn't he cute?" Celecia asked with a giggle.

"Eh hee heh." Denny mumbled with a sweatdrop.

"I don't suppose you're taken are you?" Alicia asked, lifting her mask and reveiling a beautiful face.

"As a matter of fact, I am." Denny replied. "Why is everyone trying to get me to be with them?"

Maria asked, "How many have asked you?"

"No one until I got to this Island. I'm usually not bothered if Tina is with me, but Bonnie was different."

"Bonnie?!" the three sisters said at once.

"Uh, yeah. I think that was her name. Tall, thin, long brown hair?"

"Oh, that's her." Alicia replied with a cold edge to her voice. "She think she can just have every guy on the Island."

"You see," Maria tried to explain, "Bonnie is the kind of girl that doesn't mind to throw her money around. Where she gets it no one knows because she hardly leaves the Island. She spends it all on skimpy dresses and hair cuts as well as the kind of perfume made from Meganium leaves to intice guys to follow her."

"Maria and Alicia have both lost their boyfriends to her charms." Celecia commented. "No guy can break the spell she casts."

"Well, except me." Denny said.

Maria, Alicia, and Celecia just looked at him.

"You're kidding," Alicia said.

"Maybe he's not. I heard some people running around saying something of a battle with the mob of guys Bonnie has follow her around." Celecia recalled.

"Yeah that was me. Man, those guys don't realize that she's just yanking their chains and using them as her attack dogs." Denny commented. "Then after I beat four of her guys she tried the charm again, good thing Tina showed up, or else I don't want to know where I would be now."

"Tina's the name of your girlfriend?" Alicia asked.

"Yup, Tina Alexander. She's the sweetest girl on earth, and I love her." Denny said.

"Well good for you." Maria said, smiling. "Is that who the ear rings are for?"

"Yeah, I don't have my ear's pierced."

"Hmm, I deal with metal working and Maria does some of the jewels we have." Alicia commented. "Hmmm, Let me borrow Mew and I'll make those ear rings you want. After I get the baisic design down, Maria and I can get the piece finished. Would you mind if Mew stayed here for a few hours?"

"It's really up to her. Mew can tell if people are true of heart."

Mew flew out of Denny's arms and sat on the counter. "Mew mew mew mew mew mew meeeeeew!"

"If you say so Mew. She'll pose for you and she'll stay here and then teleport out afterwards."

Alicia picked up Mew and they both went into the back room. "She should tell you when the ear rings are done." The curtian was pulled acroos and blocked the door.

"Good, and if you see Bonnie again, don't fall for her charms." Maria said.

"Yeah, punch her for me." Celecia added.

"Don't worry about me." Denny got into one of his heroic stances. "She won't charm me as long as I'm in love with Tina. I've faced down some of my toughest matches with her right behind me, and I don't see that stopping anytime soon." Denny looked at the clock. "I had better hurry, if I stay in one place too long she'll find me and I'll be in even bigger trouble. See you in a few hours."

"Bye." Maria and Celecia both said as Denny walked out.

He started along the sidewalk, looking for a place to stop for lunch. "I haven't eaten since breakfast."

"Blast that girl, if she had only been ten seconds later, his Aerodactyl and Mew would have been mine." Bonnie sat at an outdoor cafe, sipping a class of orange juice she had bought to go with her lunch. "I managed to get those muscle heads to leave me alone so I could plan my next move. Now if only I could get him alone. Huh?!"

Denny walked by Bonnie, totally oblivious to her. He went to a table and started munching on an order of chicken strips and fries.

"This is too perfect." Bonnie said to herself. "All alone and unprotected." She started to head towards him, but the waiter came to her with her bill.

"Your bill, ma'dam." he said, handing her the check.

Bonnie dug into her purse and gave the money to the waiter. She glanced around and saw that Denny was leaving already. "Keep the change." she said before running after Denny. By the time she had reached where he had been sitting, Denny was gone.

"Stupid waiter, where did he go?" Bonnie said.

"Man, now what should I get Mew?" a voice said walking behind her. Bonnie turned and saw him staring into the sky, his hands behind his head.

Blast it, I have to get infront of him. Bonnie thought.

Denny walked along some more, glancing into shops and chuckling at guys who were lugging around items they had no choice in buying. He came towards an alley.

"Hello," a female voice said.

Denny stopped and looked into the darkened alley. There someone stood. "Uh, hi."

She walked out of the alley and there stood Bonnie.

"You!"

"Now don't sound so surprised Denny." She said, trying to sweet talk him. "Can't you tell I like you."

"Yeah, a bit too much for my taste."

"Oh, don't act so cold to me." Bonnie replied, looking hurt.

"Whatever, look I've gotta fly."

Bonnie grabbed him and pulled him close. Denny's eyes bugged out in surprise and shock as she kissed him.

"Denny!"

He pulled away and stared into the shocked face of...

"Tina!"

All three just stood there untill Bonnie decided to make her move.

"Aw Denny, she found out."

"Will you knock it off! Tina I can..."

SLAP!!!

His head was turned to one side. Tina stood with her head lowered, and her right hand by her head.

"I can't believe you. After all we've been through you dumb me for this, this witch. You, you JACK ***!!!" She dropped everything she was carrying and ran, tears falling from her eyes.

Denny watched her go. The sting on the side of his face was nothing compared to the pain in his heart. "Tina....I, I would never dumb you." he said to himself.

Bonnie watched the events. A thought filled her mind. Bingo, She left the dumbfounded Denny standing in the alleyway.

Tina ran from the city and up onto a hill. The sun was just hours from setting, casting a long shadow infront of her. I can't believe him,, she thought, After all we've been through he just runs off and kisses that girl. He ignores me, and on Princess Day too.

She slowed down and stood on the hill, the tears continued to roll down her cheeks.

"Why Denny, why?" she asked, searching for a reason.

"Save your tears girl." someone said form behind her.

Tina turned and there was Bonnie. "What do you want?!" She shouted, tears still running down her cheeks.

"I'm going to get Mew and the Aerodactyl, and you're going to help me." Bonnie replied.

"What? Never!"

"You don't have a choice." Bonnie said.

The ground under Tina began to cave in and she fell down into the darkness.

Denny walked along a street, his head down and not looking where he was going. He had already walked into several people. Currently his mind had been elsewhere.

Tina, he thought, the only tought in his mind. Oh, Tina, I'm sorry. I should've been more on guard when Bonnie got me into that alley. Blast it, why didn't I think faster?! Tina, I won't forget the slap you gave me, and I know I deserved it. But I can never forget all the times we shared together.

Denny had walked outside of the city and stood in a feild.

"Blast it, what was wrong with me?" he demanded of himself.

"Look babe, just give up."

"Huh?!" Denny turned around and there was Bonnie. "Now what do you want?"

"Can't you see I just want to talk?"

"Oh stuff it! I've had enough of you. I really don't care if you are able to attract guys left and right, it doesn't work on me!"

"Hmph! And here I thought we really had something." she replied. "Just give me your Aerodactyl and Mew."

"What?! Forget it!" Denny shouted back. "You made me lose Tina, what thinks I'll just hand over Mew and Aero to you?!"

"Because if you want Tina back you better give them to me right now."

"What?!"

Bonnie snapped her fingers and the ground beneith her rose. She stood atop a hover platform that had two nets underneith. One was empty but the other held something. A crane moved the net containing something out to the side.

"Oh my gawd. Tina!"

It was Tina, only she had mud and dirt clinging to her clothes, hair, and skin.

"Let her go now!" he demanded.

"Not untill you hand over Mew and Aerodactyl."

"Not on your life!"

Inside the net Tina began to wake up. She had been knocked out from the fall, but she heard Denny's voice and a female voice. "Denny?" she wispered.

"Let her go now, or esle!" Denny threatened.

"Or else what? You make a move and I drop the net."

Blast. No matter what I can't give her Aero, but Tina..... What can I do?

"Denny? Are you down there?" Tina's voice was barely above a mumble.

"Tina! Are you okay?! Don't worry, I'll get you down!"

"Why Denny. Why did you kiss her?"

"Huh?!"

"Why did you kiss her?!" Tina shouted louder.

"I didn't want to! She forced me!" he replied.

"Then why did you run off earlier?!"

"I wanted to surprise you with a present, so I left you to find something. It's not like I wanted this to happen."

"I don't know,"

"Tina, I love you!" Denny shouted. "And there's nothing that will change that. I made a promise to you and I will never break it!"

"Oh, stop it already. Give up your two Pokémon or else your girlfriend gets it!" Bonnie interupted.

"Don't Denny!"

A growl escaped from Denny's throat. There was no way he could sacrafice Tina after just gaining back her trust, and no way he could just give Aero to Bonnie. This was a major problem. Then, a Pokéball on his belt popped open and Aero materialized from the energy.

"Aero! What are you doing?"

"AEEEEEERRRRRROOOOOOO!" Aero shreiked. He had been hearing what had happened. Aero walked towards the platform.

"Good, you came to your senses." Bonnie said, lowering the second net.

"Don't do it Aero!" Tina shouted.

Before he reached the net, Aero looked at Denny, sadness in his eyes. Then the Aerodactyl stepped into the net.

"Gotcha now!" The net carried Aero up. "And now to drop this dead weight off." The net with Tina in it was released.

"Ahhhh!" she screamed.

"TINA!!!"

Mew was sitting back at the jewlers, her eyes closed. Then her eyes popped open and she teleported out.

"Hey wait!" Alicia shouted, but Mew was gone.

Tina felt the rush of air as she neared the ground. No,, the thought screamed in her mind. She closed her eyes, waiting.

Nothing.

Tina openned her eyes. She found herself on the ground, all in one piecs.

"Mew meeew mew?"

"Mew? Is that you?"

Mew pulled the net off of Tina. "Mew!"

Denny had seen Tina fall then disappear.

"You witch!!" he shouted. "I'll make you pay for what you put her through!"

Bonnie started to move her hover platform. "Sorry hun, but I've got a date."

"I don't think so! Blade, make her pay!" Denny threw a Pokéball straight at the hover platform.

Blade formed form the energy and flew straight afer Bonnie.

"Go, Slash Attack!"

The Scyther flew towards the net with Aero in it, and with one slash sliced it open. Aero flapped his wings and hovered in the air.

"Blast you!" Bonnie shouted. Her hover craft was moving faster because Aero was no longer on it.

"Don't let her get away! Whirlwind!!"

Both Aero and Blade blasted the platform with gale-force winds, causing it to wobble and then tip. It headed towards the ocean, Bonnie's scream could be heard as it exploaded on contact with the sea.

The two Pokémon landed and Denny recalled them. Then he started to look around for Tina. She was nowhere. "Tina? Tina! Tina!!!"

Hours later, Denny held the ear rings he had asked Alicia, Maria, and Celecia to make. The pair was beautiful. There was the image of Mew, holding an emerald and it's tail was curled around the hook to go into the ear lobe. The silver sparkled with the light of the setting sun, as well as the emeralds.

He walked along the docks, finally selecting a wooden peir that faced the sunset. Denny sat down, his legs hanging over the edge and his eyes fixated on the ear rings.

"Oh Tina, I'm sorry I couldn't save you. I didn't even find you after Bonnie had dropped you. After all hat happened I think I lost you. I'm sorry, I really am." Tears began to form in the corners of his eyes.

There was a gentle footstep behind him. "Denny?"

He looked up, then turned around. There, in the light of the sinking sun, stood Tina. Mew on her shoulder.

"Tina? Tina!" He got to his feet and started running towards her, arms open.

"Denny!" Mew hovered off as Tina ran towards him, arms out streatched.

The two jumped into eachother and just hugged. One held the other close, almost to the point of not being able to breathe. Both were close to crying.

"Oh, Denny. I'm sorry."

"I am too, I really am."

"I should have trusted you more. Mew explained it all after she saved me."

"I should have been more careful. I almost lost you, twice. I promise never to do that again, ever."

"You make promises too much. So, where's my gift?" Tina asked, a smile on her face.

"Huh? Oh yeah." Denny reached into his jacket pocket and held out the ear rings for her.

Tina's eyes widened when she saw them. "They're beautiful."

"Yeah, just like you." he touched her chin and raised it. "I love you Tina."

Tina grabbed the back of his head and gave him the deepest kiss he had ever had. When it was over she replied, "Yeah, I love you too." They kissed again.

Mew watched the couple and sighed with a smile. "Mew!"

Out at sea, Bonnie floated on a piece of wood. Seaweed clung to her soaked head as she held onto the piece of wrekage.

"*cough* That, *cough* that stupid kid. He sent me flying into the ocean, just because I let his girlfriend drop." She floated a litte longer.

"I'll get you back!!!!!!! Just you wait!!!!!!! Just wait until I get a shower, and then you'll be really sorry!!!!!!!!!" she screamed.

----------------------------------

Chrono: As the young couple continues on their way, it's time that we checked on another pair. Mark, Bobby, and Nika have arrived on Navel Island, home to one of the Orange Island Gyms. They must also decide how to battle a strictly one-on-one contest against the Gym Leader, Danny. Next time on POKéMON: DIMENSION SHIFTERS, Battle for Navel Island.

Mew Trainer Rose
24th November 2002, 04:06 PM
Yay! ^_^ I always look forward to reading this fic.

Nice job on this chapter. One minor thing I thought wasn't quite right, it seems like Denny regained Tina's trust a bit too quickly. But like I said, it's a minor detail. I love it otherwise!
I wish they really did make Mew-shaped jewlery. I'd buy it in a second. ^_^

Mew Master
24th November 2002, 04:17 PM
Hey MTR, I was hoping you would be on today. I know, it would be a longer discussion, but I screwed up somewhere earlier and it ended up being a shorter talk between the two.

Hope you can give me some suggestions what to do for later chapters.

Later!

Mew Trainer Rose
26th November 2002, 05:36 PM
I hope i can, too. -_-
you can do what the creators did throughout the season: make up an island, think up a quirk for it, and have something take place there.
the only other idea i've had is one or more of the characters could get sucked underwater somehow (via a whirlpool, waterspout, or something else). there he/she/they find that some trick with air pressure formed an underwater chamber, filled with breathable air. for there a bunch of stuff could happen; the character(s) have to get out before the air runs out, and since the way they go in one way (it would be pretty near impossible to go up a waterspout *reminds herself of a certain children's song involving a spider*), they have to find some other way. or the character(s) get there wjile trying to escape someone or something, and find it a nice place to hide, then find something interesting down there, could be pokemon or something else. there's a bunch of ways to complete that scenario.

Mew Master
26th November 2002, 05:52 PM
Nice suggestions MTR, I'll take them into consideration and see what I can do with them....

If anyone else who reads my story has any ideas that sound good, I'll give them the once-over and decide how to make the chapters.

Thanks, a starving artist loves your food :D.........UŹ_Ź)

Later!

~Mew Master

Mew Master
29th January 2003, 09:06 AM
Chapter Seven: Battle for Navel Island

The waves washed by as three Pokémon moved about the sea. First there was a Blastoise that carried two humans on his back. Bobby sat with his legs crossed and watching where they were headed, Nika was sitting on Blastoise as well, but she was turned the other way, half asleep and using Bobby as a pillow. In the air Mark rode Pidgeot as Charizard flew as well, he was trying to train Charizard to fly faster to avoid any water Pokémon that where quick on the draw.

Charizard dove towards the water, gaining speed in his dive. Then he pulled up, whacking the water with his feet and part of his tail. Charizard hovered, slightly weakened from hitting the water.

"Nice one Charizard," Mark complimented, "But if we wanna beat faster water Pokémon, you have to move faster." It was all apart of Mark's training. Charizard would fly high into the air, dive down, and then pull up, avoiding any attacks with the newly aquired speed from the dive. "Okay, let's try it agian, this time blast away some water with your wings."

Now the fire Pokémon flew straight up, almost too high so Mark couldn't see him anymore. Then Charizard dove, almost straight at the sea, a roar comming from his mouth. From the look of it Charizard would dive right into the sea, but suddenly he pulled up and sped along the surface. Charizard then blasted a wave with a gust of wind, sending it in the opposite direction.

The sea water went back and splashed Bobby and a sleeping Nika. Nika woke up sputtering and spitting up water.

"*cough* Blast it! *cough* Mark! You idiot! Why did you do that?!" Nika shouted, almost knocking Bobby off.

"Like I literally ment to make you all washed up!" Mark shouted back as Charizard hovered by Pidgeot.

"Grrr! Take that back!!" she shouted.

Bobby just sat there and sighed. Ever since Nika had decided to join him and Mark, she spent most of her time arguing with Mark. Both couldn't wait for the slightest reason to go tearing at each other's throats. He ignored the arguing behind him and started out infront, where Blastoise was headed. Slowly, out of the ocean, a pillar was growing and getting bigger.

"You!"

"No you!"

"You!"

"No you!"

"Both of you shut up!!!!" Bobby shouted, silencing Nika and Mark. He pointed out of the pillar they were headed to. "We're almost to an island, so if you two could stop from killing each other until we get there...."

Mark and Nika both shot deadly looks at eachother before looking away in disgust. Bobby sighed again.

Mark, Bobby, and Nika walked along the beach, following a paved path towards the giant pillar that jutted out of the island itself. Mark and Nika were still in foul moods, they mumbled in each other's direction with every two steps. Nika had her hands behind her head, looking inland, and Mark was slouched with his hands in his pockets and stared out to sea. Both of them where ready to continue the argument they had started a few miles out to sea.

"Maybe we'll be lucky and find the gym quick." Bobby commented.

"And if we're lucky Mark won't tell another joke." Nika said, plainly.

"And what does that mean?!" Mark demanded.

"All you tell are bad jokes!" Nika told him.

"They're not bad, just misunderstood." he replied.

"Rraahhg! I'll wipe that stupid grin off your face!" Nika shouted as she threw her Pokéball, releasing Goji.

"Ha! I'll make sure you start renting a sense of humor! Take her out, Sandrock!" Mark's Pokéball openned and his Onix materialized, towering over Goji. "Go, Take Down!" Sandrock lunged towards Goji, headfirst.

"Endure!" Goji caught Sandrock in his arms and was forced backwards, the Tyranitar's feet digging grooves in the pavement.

"Go, Screech!" Sandrock let out a high-pitched shreik that caused Goji to step back in confusion.

"Goji, get ahold of yourself!" Nika shouted. Goji shook his head and glared at Sandrock. "Flamethrower! Melt it down!" Her Pokémon inhaled and let out a blast of fire straight at Sandrock's head.

Mark watched as Sandrock was engulfed in flames. "Sandrock! Dig underground!" A loud rumbling could be heard as Sandrock went under ground.

"Go, Earthquake!" Nika commanded. Goji raised a foot and slammed it down on the ground.

The entire Island shook, rocking everything. Boulders even dislodged themselves from the Navel Island Peak. Mark and Nika still stood while the earth rattled, but Bobby couldn't and he fell on his rump, hard.

"Ouch, those two are going to destroy the island before we can get our next badge." Bobby commented as he rubbed his bruised butt. There was a movement and he looked up to see a blonde haired man holding out a hand. Bobby grabbed it and was hauled to his feet. "Thanks."

"No problem. What's going on with those two?" he asked, indicating Mark and Nika.

"A love/hate relationship. They both love to hate eachother." Bobby replied. "Who are you?" he asked just realising he had no clue who this guy was.

"My name's Danny. I live at the top of Navel Peak." Danny replied pointing to the tower of rock in the center of the island.

Danny? Danny..... Bobby wondered. The name sounded familiar, like something Denny had once told him and Mark. He tried to remember back.......

Denny was packing his bag before they could leave Pallet Town. Mark and Bobby were doing the same.

"Hey Denny, what do you remember about the Orange Islands from back home?" Mark asked.

"Well, I really only remember a few things, like an island with pink Pokémon, Four Gym Leaders. Out of them the only one I remember really well is Danny on Navel Island. Not sure why that's the only one I can recal...."

"That's it. You're the leader of the Navel Island Gym." Bobby said, finally realizing it.

"Yeah, I am." Danny replied.

"Now if we could only stop Mark and Nika from killing eachother, then we could battle you for a badge." Bobby commented, slightly embarassed with their behavior.

"And if we don't stop them, they'll tear Navel Island to pieces." Danny brought out a Pokéball. "Electrode, go!"

Sandrock and Goji started charging at eachother when another Pokémon materialized right inbetween them. The two stopped at the sight of the Electrode and froze, starring at it. Mark and Nika just stared too, too surprised to say anything.

"Electrode, Exploasion!"

"Electrode!" Electrode glowed and then exploaded, blasting Sandrock and Goji away from eachother and back to Mark and Nika.

When the dust cleared Mark and Nika recalled their Pokémon and looked at Danny standing by Bobby.

"Just what did you think you were doing?!" Nika shouted. "We were having a battle!"

"And destroying the island in the process." Bobby replied pointing towards the giant holes, smoldering earth, and uprooted trees. Nika was quiet for a bit after that.

Mark let out a whistle. "Hope you have urban renewal programs here."

"They wouldn't need them if you two would stop fighting for one day." Bobby replied, finally fed up with their anticts.

"He/She started it!" both Mark and Nika shouted pointing at eachother.

"I don't really care. I'll finish it!" Bobby shouted back.

"How about this," Danny said breaking up the argument. "Since you two can't seem to work together, you two will have to if you want the badge."

"What?! Me, work with him/her?!" Nika and Mark were at it again.

"I can't work with her, she's too bossy and won't listen to anyone but herself."

"All he can do is make terrible jokes that only he understands."

"It is aparent that either of you can stand the other, but if you're willing to work them out and defeat me then I will give you all the badge. If you can't, one of you will leave the group."

"Whoa, he can't do that. Can he?" Mark said under his breath.

"I dunno, maybe." Nika replied.

"First you have to climb to the top of Navel Peak without the use of Pokémon. We start now. Go!" Danny started running.

Mark and Nika stood for a second before realizing that they were being left.

"Hey!" The two of them running off.

"Outta my way!" Nika shouted

"Eat my dust, slowpoke!" Mark replied.

Bobby was left, a sweatdrop on his head. "Those two...."

The wind rushed by as Mark struggled to find a handhold. Great, not only am I climbing a peak, but I have to cooperate with Nika if I want that badge. If I don't, one of us is stuck with Nika. Mark thought. He also thought of what would happen if they lost. If he was forced to leave, Nika would love up to Bobby every second, if both he and Nika stayed Nika would beat on him every second. "No matter what I can't let Danny win."

As Mark was looking for his latest handhold, Nika was gaining on him. When the two had reached the foot of Navel Peak Mark managed to get a head start by almost running at the begining when the peak wasn't as steep. I can't believe I'm forced to work with Mark, the worst comedian on the planet! And all because Danny thinks that we need to be able to work together. I don't need Mark's help to win, and I'll prove it!" Nika now started to climb faster, as soon as she had a foothold, she had found a handhold. She continued and passed Mark in seconds.

Mark watched as Nika began to out-climb him. "Oh no you don't." Mark started climbing faster as well.

Nika was still ahead of Mark and was still going faster than him. She was going to beat him to the top, if something didn't happen. But it did. Nika was finding hand and footholds left and right, but a handhold she had grabbed onto gave under her weight. Her feet slipped as well and she started to fall.

"AAAAAHHHHHH!"

Suddenly her free-fall was cut short and her body jerked as she was stopped from rolling down the peak. She looked down as she saw the rock she had grabbed fall down and down until it disappeared. Nika looked up and saw Mark holding onto her wrist with one hand and another holding onto a small ledge.

At first she was shocked. He... He saved me? Then she snapped back to her senses and grabbed onto the rocky face, forcing Mark to let go. This time she didn't fall but she still climbed up after saying to Mark, "I didn't need your help." And they continued to climb up the peak.

Mark and Nika reached the tip of the peak at the same time, and found themselves in a snowy wonderland with a wooden lodge about 100 feet away from the edge. Crawling over the edge they walked towards the lodge and then walked inside.

"And then Mark came sliding through a tunnel with his Charmander, heading straight for me and Pikachu. They hit us and we went bouncing through another tunnel. The four of us slammed into and broke through a wall and ended up falling right on top of Denny and Tina. Oh, hey Mark, Nika."

Mark and Nika were speechless. Bobby was sitting in a recliner, his feet propped up, and a cup of hot chocolate in his hands. Danny was sitting across from him. Both of them sat infront of a roaring fire.

"Glad to see you made it up, Bobby was telling me about..." But neither Mark or Nika were listening.

"How did you make it up here so fast?!" Nika demanded of Bobby.

"Is that real hot coco?!" Mark asked.

"Danny said I could take the lift up to the top." Bobby replied to Nika's demand. "He said it was the fastest way up here."

"Well now that you've made it we should start part two of this little contest." Danny said.

He led the three of them out onto the snow and towards two patches of snow-free earth. Seconds after they reached the spot two gysers of water burst into the air. Steam rose from them as they just blasted into the sky.

"Navel Peak is actually the highest source for natural springs in the Orange Islands. The lava below the island super-heats the water and forces it up all the way. Youre challenge is to agree on which Pokémon either of you have that is able to freeze the scalding water with Ice Beam." Danny held out a Pokéball and a Nidoqueen appeared.

"So, which one of your Pokémon knows Ice Beam?" Nika asked Mark.

"None of mine do. Does Goji?"

"He does, I just wanted to make sure he didn't have any weak competition."

"Weak?! I'll show you weak!" Mark threatened.

"Guys! Save it for latter!" Bobby shouted.

"Right, Goji!" Nika's Tyrannitar formed from the light flashing from the Pokéball.

They waited for the water to blast out of the springs once again. There was a slight rumble before the super-hot water burst out.

"Now. Ice Beam!" both Nika and Danny shouted at once.

Goji and Nidoqueen let out a blast of wavy energy that struck the base of the pillar of water. The Ice Beams began to move up the pillars, freezing more water as they went.

"Come on Goji! You can do it!" Nika encouraged her Pokémon.

"Freeze it Nidoqueen."

It was going to be close, both Pokémon were going at the same rate. They reached the top of the gyser and Goji froze the water first, Nidoqueen still freezing the water for several more seconds. The two solid ice blocks fell to the ground with a crash but did not shatter.

"Well it looks like round one goes to you two. Good thing you compromised."

"Compromise nothing," Mark replied. "None of my Pokémon know Ice Beam and I was counting on that over-grown lizard to know it."

Danny sighed before he brought out a blackboard. "Allright, round two is for us to create a bob-sled out of our ice blocks to look like the diagram here." He pointed out the various aspecs of the design. "You may only use three Pokémon to carve the sled, and have three hours in which to do it in. The time starts, NOW!"

Danny threw three Pokéballs and released his Pokémon to start carving. Mark and Nika started arguing.

"Goji will get the job done just like last time."

"What? That thing's too clumsy and may break the sled in half. We need Venusaur, Charizard and Butterfree."

"Don't think you're going to just leave me out!" Nika threatened.

"Well if you had any other Pokémon besides Goji than maybe you could have offered another choice, but right now we don't have time!" Mark shouted back. "Go!" He threw out his three choices and Charizard, Venusaur, and Butterfree materialized. "Okay, we've got three hours to make this," he pointed at the ice block, "Into that." Mark pointed at the blackboard. "Let's go!"

The next three hours weren't pretty for Mark and Nika. Between the two still arguing, Charizard, Venusaur, and Butterfree continued to get confused from Mark's yelling. Venusaur was slicing the ice with it's vines when one of Mark's comments distracted it and he whipped Butterfree. Butterfree was so surprised by the unententional attack that it released some powder around the block. While Charizard was melting the ice with his tail he inhaled some of the powder which set off an allergic reaction and he sneezed, a ball of flame hitting Venusaur and catching part of his flower on fire. The confussion took several minutes to resolve.

The Pokémon went over the three hour time limit. Danny had his sled carved to perfection with a combined effort from his Scyther, Machoke, and Nidoqueen. Mark and Nika's sled was carved after two more hours of arguing and accidents.

"Well," said Danny looking at the sun. "It's too late to race tonight. We'll do that in the morning. How about you three stay the night at the gym and get some rest."

Danny started heading back to the cabin, a defeated Mark and Nika following.

"Great, at this rate we'll lose before we even start." Mark commented.

"If you two could stop arguing for five minutes then maybe you'll have a chance." Bobby said.

Nika, surprisingly, didn't say anything to Mark or Bobby's comment. She was thinking. Tomarrow was going to be a long day.

Lawrence watched the monitor as he watched the three young trainers walk inside the log cabin. He had several other screens pulled up each with one of the trainer's individual stats showing.

"Hmmm, Bobby Young. Hacker. Takes a more stratigic way to Pokémon Battleing and uses his foes moves against them. Mark Harris. No stated proffession except,..... Trading Card Game expert?! Uses an all out assault way and tries to take out his opponents quick and simple. Nika. No occupation either. Trains with only one Pokémon, a very powerful Tyrannitar. Hmm, these three may prove powerful advicaries, and even more valuable hostages for lureing Denny and his Mew and Aerodactyl out of hiding." Lawrence glanced at the space where his tracking system, the 3/D chess board, used to be. "And pay him back for destroying my tracking device. Computer, activate silencers and cloaking system. We will wait for our moment to strike."

The Great Collector was transformed into a cloud, realistic enough to fool the naked eye. The sounds of the hover fans quieted untill almost nothing could be heard. Now, a silent cloud flew closer to Navel Island.

The morning light illuminated the ground, warming it with the sun's radient beauty. Mark and Nika stood near the edge of Navel Peak, looking out over the island and the set course for their little sled ride.

"This ain't gonna be easy." Nika commented.

"Yup, and we need to have a Pokémon with us for stearing." Mark replied.

"Goji can handle it."

Mark didn't say anything.

"What? Not going to say how worthless Goji is today?" Nika said, trying to egg him on.

"No, this isn't the time. We have to win this last race working together like friends instead of enemies. If we don't, someone's going to have to leave." Mark admitted. "Truce?"

"Truce."

"Well, it's nice to see that ou two aren't at eachother's throats this morning." Bobby said as he walked up to them.

"We called a truce and I put away my guns." Mark replied. Nika sighed.

"Bobby, what ver happens I.." but Nika was cut off from finishing.

"Morning all? Sleep well?" Danny said as he strode up to meet them. "We'll start the race in five minutes."

"Okay. Let's go Goji!" Nika's Tyrannitar materialized and let out a yawn.

Mark stood near the front, Nika on the opposite side. Goji stood behind the sled, ready to push off. Danny was standing in the same place as Mark on his side, a Scyther was at the rear, and inbetween was...

"Bobby?!" Mark almost shouted. "What are you doing?!"

"Because you only have one Pokémon for steering, so will I. And since there's two humans on your side, Bobby's riding in my slide."

"That and I didn't want to be left out of a sled run." Bobby added. Mark and Nika looked at eachother.

Bobby looked up at the sky and saw a large singular cloud hovering overhead. There was a breeze going by, but it seemed different. Danny's words interupted his thoughts.

"Ready? On your mark! Get set. Go!" The different riders pushed their sleds towards the edge.

Mark and Nika went over the edge at the same time Danny and Bobby did. Mark and Danny took several more steps before jumping in the front part of their sleds, followed by Nika and Bobby behind them, and finally Goji and Scyther jumped in their respective sleds.

The initial start was good for both teams, as was the straight run for gaining speed. Danny, Bobby and Scyther bent as close to the sled as possible to minimize air-resistance and started going faster than Mark, Nika, and Goji. They where already at the first turn.

"Dangnabbit!" Mark muttered. "At this rate they'll finish before we're half-way there!"

"Then let's copy them!" Nika replied. She, Goji, and Mark shrunk as much as they could and felt themselves accelerating.

"Lean into it!" Mark shouted.

They rounded the first curve by leaning and Goji digging his left claws into the ground rushing by the sled. This lead to another straightaway for 50 yards before another turn, that one to the right. The three rounded curves, in part by leaning and another by Goji's steering. The earth infront of them was still covered in snow, and they could see the trench made by Danny's sled ahead of them. But there was something else in the snow.

Five canisters lay in their direct path, they were grey with a singular glowing light.

"What are those?" Mark asked no one in particular.

"What are what?" Nika asked, seconds before the sled hit the canisters and an exploasion erupted from below their sled.

"That!" Mark replied, but it was drowned out by the sound of a second explosion.

More explosions rocked the sled as they ran over the Blaster Caps. One was so bad, Mark lost his grip on the sides of the sled as it bucked and sent him flying out. Someone grabbed his hand and stopped him from landing face-first on a Blaster Cap. Nika held onto his hand as Goji grabbed his leg and kept him from falling into the ground that was speeding by. Nika moved to the front of the sled as Goji put Mark on the seat behind her.

"Thanks, I owe ya."

As the sled was blasted by another explosion, Nika replied, "We're even."

Now instead of ramming into Blaster Caps placed in the snow, they were falling from the sky.

"What's going on?"

"I've heard of raining cats and dogs, but raining explosives?!" Mark replied.

They rounded a corner and saw Danny, Bobby, and Scyther being assaulted with the same Blaster Caps raining from the sky.

"Yo Bob! You okay?!" Mark shouted.

The other sled had slowed down considerably.

"Are you three alright?" Danny asked.

"We're fine, but what's wrong with the sky?" Nika replied.

At this time two spinning circles fell from the sky and slammed into the snow behind them. The circles velocity enabled them to roll towards the two sleds.

"Now those things look familiar!" Bobby shouted.

"Yeah, but where's Lawrence's ship?" Mark asked, searching the sky. "Nothing's up there!"

Bobby looked up too. True there was nothing there, except a single large cloud. "Wait a minute," he said. "That cloud hasn't moved at all since this morning, even with that never ending breeze!"

"Who's Lawrence?" Nika asked, confused at what Mark and Bobby were talking about.

"A wacko rich-boy who's currently after our pal!" Mark replied. "Actually, if he's after Denny, why is he attacking us?!"

"Maybe he wants to take you out of my misery." Nika mumbled back.

"More like I'm going to use you three as bait to lure Denny and his Pokémon from out of hiding." A large holo projection showed Lawrence above them. "Give up, it's so much easier that way."

"Is his ego showing or what?" Nika commented. "Goji, use Flamethrower and blow those two rings to pieces!"

Goji turned around in his seat and blasted out a stream of flame that engulfed the spinning rings. Satisfied that the rings had been melted down, Goji stopped his attack. Instead of two piles of melted metal, the rings continued to roll down the peak towards them.

"What?!"

"All your efforts are futile. These new Electro-Capture Rings have been reenforced to resist even Moltres's flames, and any other kinds of Pokémon attacks."

"Okay, anyone have anymore bright ideas?" Mark asked.

"Jump ship!" Danny said and got ready to abandon his sled.

"What?! Why?!" Nika asked.

It was too late, Danny, Bobby and Danny's Scyther had jumped off their sled, and landed in a snow drift. Mark grabbed Nika's arm.

"Forget this, let's go!" He jumped pulling her after him, Goji jumped too. The three of them hit snow as the Capture Rings rolled past.

Mark's head popped out of the snow, followed by Nika and Goji's heads.

"Good thing th....thh....thhhey don't mmmm.....mmma....make snow diving an olympic spoooo....ooorrrt. I'm frr...frrr......freeeeeezing!" Mark commented.

Danny, Bobby, and Scyther ran up to the freezing trio.

"You okay?" Bobby asked as he helped Nika out.

"Remind mmmm....mmmme next tiiiime we go to a ski rrrr..rrrr..rresort, nn..nn..not to wear a mm..mini skirt." she replied.

Something cold and wet hit Bobby and he grabbed it. It was Mark's green and black jacket. Mark mouthed something to Bobby, Nika was turned so she didn't see, and Bobby put it around Nika's shoulders.

There was a crash behind them and they all turned. From the sounds of the crash, their sleds had been hit, and broken into shards.

"No sleds, now what do we do?" Nika asked.

"Simple, fight back." Mark replied, rubbing his now bare arms.

"How genius?" Nika said.

"Those rings have to have some kind of weakness." Danny said.

"The rings themselves don't, we've seen them handle flames easy. What we need to do attack is his ship!" Bobby exclaimed.

"Why?" Mark asked.

"The control device for the rings has to be inside." Nika replied, catching onto Bobby's plan. "If we cripple the ship, we may cripple the rings too."

"Now, just give up there is no way you can avoid this next set of rings." Up in the air, two more rings dropped from the sky.

"What's your plan now?" Nika asked.

"Mark, use Gyarados with Goji and blast a Hyper Beam at that ship." Bobby grabbed a Pokéball of his own. "Now we need to teleport a Pokémon up there so they can get the system."

Danny pulled out one of his Pokéballs. "I've got Electrode here."

"Then let's do it before those rings slam on our heads." Mark insisted. "Gyarados!"

"Goji.."

"Gyarados..."

"Hyper Beam Attack!"

The two Pokémon charged up their attacks and sent a combined blast of energy straight at the Great Collector. The ship rocked from the recoil and an exploasion could be heard.

"Now, Alakazam!"

"Electrode!"

Alakazam and Electrode materialized seconds before both Pokémon disappeared in a flash of light.

Everyone on the ground watched as the rings fell closer and closer to them. A small flash of light and an exploasion later, the Great Collector had smoke pillowing out of the hole blasted through it. The rings began to lose their spin, but still continued falling straight towards the group at the bottum.

"They're gonna crash!" Mark shouted.

Goji ran up and twirled around, knocking one ring away from falling on the group. The Pokémon punched another one and deflected it, towards Mark. Mark dove out of the way as the ring crashed to the ground.

"Sorry, you all right?" Nika said.

Mark sat up. "Yeah, I'll live."

Above them the Great Collector began its decent as it flew away. Laurence's plans foiled once again.

Mark, Bobby, and Nika stood as Danny began handing out the badges.

"You two managed to work like a team even though you can't stand eachother." Danny said as he gave Mark and Nika their badges.

"And your quick thinking saved us from beign captured by Laurence." Danny gave Bobby a badge as well.

"Cool, only three more to go now." Mark said.

"If you can even last that long." Nika commented.

"Is that a challenge?!"

"You're on!"

"You couldn't beat an egg!"

Bobby and Danny sighed as Mark and Nika began fighting again.

Chrono: Denny and Tina are still edging in through the uneisiness inbetween them ever since Millsweet Island. Denny's trying all he can to prove to Tina that he still loves her, but she's still skeptical. When someone tries to mess with Tina's feelings for Denny things really start to go over the top. Next time on [i]POKéMON: DIMENSION SHIFTERS, Trouble in Paradise.

Mew Trainer Rose
30th January 2003, 06:28 PM
Great, you punched through the writer's block and came up with a new chappy. ^_^

Hmm, it looks like I'm your only reder, doesn't it? :/ Oh well, everyone else doesn't know what they're missing!

Bobby getting a badge even though he never even attempted to try for it bothered me a littlem theough. He didn't even climb the cliff.

SuperSonicMewtwo
2nd February 2003, 11:42 AM
*TheHay Song plays*

I'm back! WOOHOO!
It seems all of my favorite stories are either still around or back, too! Weird, I haven't seen this fic or things like Ice Kami in SO LONG...

Redone? I can see a little bit, I don't remember Denny's mom getting involved. But it seems the same as before, so I'm guessing I can predict the future.

Keep it up, MM, for SSM is here to cheer you on.

Now, let's see if my sig still works after all this time...

Mew Master
23rd February 2003, 01:20 PM
Chapter Eight: Trouble in Paradise

"Go! Take Down!" Denny shouted.

"AAAAAEEEEERRRRRRRRROOOOOOO! Aero shreiked as the Pokémon flew into the air.

"Donphan, Defense Curl!"

"Now!" Denny ordered.

Aerodactyl dived from the sky, his wings folded against his side gaining more speed with every second. Donphan curled into a ball, increasing it's defense. Aero slammed into the other Pokémon causing dust to be blown everywhere.

The dust settled and Donphan lay upside-down in a crater and Aero stood watching the other Pokémon.

"No Donphan!" the other trainer shouted as he ran up to recall the Ground-Pokémon.

Denny recalled Aero into his Pokéball. "That's five wins in a row. I never knew this island was packed with Trainers." he commented. He looked behind him towards Tina.

His girlfriend was sitting on a concrete wall about two dozen feet behind him, at the edge of the court he had been battleing in. Mew sat on the wall beside her. Something had come over Tina's personality lately and he thought he knew why. One week ago was Princess Day and he, Tina, and Mew landed on Millsweet Island. There they met Bonnie, a beauty who had every guy on the island under her spell, every guy except Denny. Bonnie had been hired by Laurence to trap Denny and get his Pokémon from him. She had also tried to seduce Denny a number of times, once she even kissed him on the lips. He was still trying to wash the taste out of his mouth. Tina happened in on the scene and in a rush of clashing emotions slapped Denny in the face. The sting still hurt.

Only later did they both learn that Bonnie was working for Laurence, but the damage had already been done. Tina trusted Denny less than before that incident, and he was trying everything he could to win it back. So far it was a losing battle.

If only I had stopped Bonnie than maybe none of this would have happened. Denny thought. Blast it! It's all my fault! Can't let her see that I'm hurting too.

"Hey Tina, with all of this money we've gotten we can go and splurge it on some rides." Denny said with one of his "happy" smiles.

"No,"

"Common Tina. Going on amusement park rides always made you smile."

"Sorry, I don't feel like it." Tina replied, trying to avoid his gaze.

Aw man. I'm going deeper in the hole. Denny thought. "Okay, hey we haven't had a chance to call Ivy and tell her we're here. Where ever here is."

"It's Mandarin Island." Tina said, hardly any emotion to her voice.

"You hungry?"

"Maybe," she replied.

"Okay here." Denny grabbed Tina's hand and put enough bills into her hand for her to buy anything they could possibly sell in a resturaunt. "You go and get yourself something to eat while I go and call Ivy." Tina didn't reply. "Mew, keep an eye on her for me, kay?" he wispered to Mew.

Mew.

"Cya in a bit Tina." he shouted as he started running, looking for the PokéCenter.

Tina watched him disappear into the crowd before she headed for a Café close to where Denny had battled.

Tina gently sipped the soda float she ordered while Mew ate like mad, eating anything the small Pokémon could get her hands on. She wasn't paying attention to Mew's eating habits and instead stared into space, her mind reflecting on how her relationship with Denny had changed so radically.

Denny, she thought. How can I trust you as fully as I did before Bonnie.. Oh Denny, I had no idea that would happen. Even after Mew explained it I still don't know if I can believe it. She thought back, way back to the first time she met Denny......

Tina stared at the Gyarados as it roared at her again. Now it charged at her. Tina closed her eyes and screamed.

"Hey Gyarados!" someone shouted.

Gyarados stopped its attack and looked at the trees along the edge of the river. Tina openned her eyes and looked too.

"Why don't you pick on somebody who can fight back!"

Out of the top of the tree nearest to Gyarados, someone came flying out of the branches. He was frozen just above the Gyarados before he fell and landed, foot first, on Gyarados' nose. The boy grabbed Gyarados' horns and held on for dear life.

"Okay hotshot, just what do you think you're doing?"

"'Hotshot'?" Denny said trying to lossen the tension. "If anything I'm a bad shot." he gave her a lop-sided grin. "And I'm trying to save you from 'Godzilla' here."

"That's nice but who's going to save you?" Her face started to show fear as she looked behind Denny and stared.

Denny glanced back behind him and jumped around. Gyarados had heard them and was roaring at them. Ignoring the attacks of the smaller Pokémon the mighty sea serpent charged at Denny and the girl.

"Oh no!" she shouted.

"This is not good!"

Gyarados was several feet away when something much smaller rammed into it. A white Pokémon flew over to Denny and landed on his shoulder.

"Tina!"

"Huh? You!" Tina replied as she practicaly jumped off him.

"What are you doing here?" Denny asked as he got up.

"I was trying to find a Clefairy, but I found a nest of Zubat. Got a problem with that?"

"No. No problem. Hee hee."

She pulled him closer. "Look, ever since I've met you there's been something about you that I couldn't think of. Something that makes you different from every guy I've known in my life."

"So?"

"I'm not leaving you untill I find out what it is that makes you different." she replied.

"Fine," Denny said "Tag along."

"Fine, I will."

"Hey Denny let's go." Mark shouted.

"One more thing," Tina said "Don't you tell your buddies about this conversation. Got it?"

"Yeah, fine. Wait up guys we've got company! Come on Mew!" Denny ran off to meet with his friends.

Tina followed him

Then the Haunter began to suck up the area around Tina like a vacum. When Tina wouldn't go into its maw, the Hauner dove toawrds her.

"Tina!" Denny broke out of the Gastly barrier and ran towards Tina. He pushed her out of the way as the Haunter dove on him.

Tina tumbled along the ground and looked up to see the Haunter making a whoosh noise. When it lifted up, Denny's body slid through the Haunter's skin and flopped to the ground. "Denny!"

Tina sighed as she remembered. "It feels like that was long ago...."

"Excuse me, Miss?" said a strong, yet gentle, voice.

Tina looked in the direction of the voice and stared dumbfounded. There stood the most handsome man Tina had ever seen. Long curly, blonde, hair and dreamy eyes. The man wore a white suit.

"Miss? Are you alright?" he asked again.

Tina was aware that she was stareing and averted her gaze. "Yes I'm fine." she barely muttered.

The man smiled. "Such a beautiful and delicate face shouldn't look so forlorn. Clearly you are sad about being alone." he said as he sat across from Tina.

"No, that's not it." Tina managed to reply.

"Please, I can read eyes as well as a book. You are depressed, very sad at something that has happened." he said.

Tina managed to stiffle a gasp and look down.

"Come now, how about you come with me. Staying alone in a café isn't going to make you happy." He took a hold of her arm and lead her out of the dinner, leaving Mew, stuffed to capacity, on the seat.

"Well it looks like you got yourself into a tight situation." Ivy commented. "I read about the incident at Millsweet, not front page news I'm glad to say." Ivy was on call from Valencia Island, Denny was holding the phone and talking to the video image of Ivy.

Denny rubbed his head wth his free hand. "I know. I know. But what do I do?! Tina's the best thing that's ever happened to me, I can't let her be driven away just because some wench was hitting on me."

"Have you tried apologizing?"

"Yes! I've tried everything. She won't even smile! What am I gonna do? You've gotta help me!" Denny pleaded.

"Denny, women are very impressionable creatures. Once you break their trust, you can almost never get it back." Ivy commented. "If Tina truely loves you then she'll stay, but you do know that old saying."

"If you love someone you should let them go. I know, I've heard it enough, and I've never agreed with it." Denny admited. "But what should I do?!"

"Stop kicking yourself!" Ivy souted back. "It's no good if all you're willing to do will be to whallow in self-pitty. Give it a little more time. If she loves you, she'll let you know. I've got to get back. Keep filling me in on how you do. Bye Denny." Ivy hanged up.

"Bye," Denny said as he replaced the reciever. "Tina, what can I do to prove myself to you?"

Tina, meanwhile, was having the time of her life. William, the man who had met her at the café and insisted on taking her out, turned out to be richer than she could have ever imagined. She tried on various dresses, looked at sparkleing jewlery, and went through the mall. Although William insisted that he buy her something, Tina refused for some reason. The day wound down and they started to head back to the café where he picked her up.

"Excuse me. Tina, would you be so kind as to accompany me on a cruise?" William asked.

"A cruise?"

"Yes, it would only be right for a beauty like yourself to accompany me."

"I..... I don't know." she replied.

He took her hand and kissed it. "The boat leaves tomarrow at 9 A.M." He gently placed a ticket in her hand and closed it around the paper. "Please consider."

She stepped back and looked at the ticket. "I'll consider it." Tina turned and began walking back to the café.

William watched her and his handsome, gentle, expression changed and became more rudged and hostile. There came a ringing his his pocket and he pulled out a cell-phone. "Yeah?"

"Did you get them?" answered the other end.

"I'm working on it Laurence." he replied. "By tomarrow you shall have what you want. I don't know what Bonnie found so hard about these two."

"Keep in mind that it's because of Bonnie that you'll able to get close to the girl."

"I'll try and remember that. Working with Bonnie before hasn't been a picnic."

"I pay you two enough to get the job done, now get it done. I expect those Pokémon in my collection by tomarrow afternoon!" and the other end slammed off hte hook.

"Damn I hate working for that bastard, but at least the money's good." William stood there for a minute longer. "Better go and make sure the cruise is ready." he walked towards the docks.

Denny was running, his eyes frantically searching in every direction. "I can't believe you Mew. You let Tina walk away."

Mew, who was a little smaller but still had signs of her feeding frenzy in an enlarged gut, was floating lazily beside Denny. "Mew mew mew mew?"

"No, I'm not carrying you. Keep your eyes out for--!" He ran straight into someone who was rounding a corner like him. Both Denny and Tina crashed on the ground.

"Ow!" Tina said.

"Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark." Denny commented.

"Denny?!" Tina just realized and she jumped up. "Are you allright?!"

Denny sat up and rubbed his head. "Heh. I'll live. Glad to know you're still worried about me." he grinned.

"Yeah, I still am." Tina replied, giving him a weak grin.

"Common. I've been worried about you all ACK!" Mew fell right on Denny, sprawling him out on the ground once again.

The three stayed the night in a room in the Pokémon Center. Denny was snoring soundly and so was Mew. Tina stared at the celeing, thoughts racing through her head. She looked at Denny sleeping in the other bed. Denny, you said you made a promise. You also said you would never break that promise. But after what happened on Millsweet, I...... I don't know if I can trust you anymore. You said it was all Bonnie's fault, but how can I be sure?

Tina quietly got up and got her things together. After freezing everytime she heard Denny snort she would freeze and wait for his snoring to begin agian. She took the time to write him a short note

Denny,

I'm leaving on a cruise. I'm sorry, but I just have to go away for a while. I have to be sure if I really love you, and maybe I'll find out if you really love me. I don't know when or if I'll see you again. It's better if I just leave you this note instead of waking you up.

Goodbye,

Tina

She slipped the note into Denny's hat and looked at him one last time. He was cute, for a guy, and he was also sweet at times. Tina wasn't sure if she could trust him anymore. She slowly openned the door and walked out. As she closed it she took one last look at him. "Goodbye, Denny." and the door was shut.

William waited on the deck of his yatch.

"Sir, we are ready to leave at any time." one of his officers said.

"When I give you the signal we will shove off." he replied. His officer sauluted and then headed back to the bridge. William looked along the docks and he spotted a girl running towards his boat.

Tina, gasping for breath, ran up the gangplank and onto the ship. "We *gasp* haven't left *gasp* have we?"

William smiled his smile. "No my dear you are just in time. Kai."

With a whirrrr the engines turned on and the yatch moved out to sea.

"Tina, let the personel take those bags for you." William said as a shopher took her backpack.

"Were is eveyone else?" Tina asked, noticing that this was a large yatch with no one on board except for her and William.

"We have the ship to ourselves my dear. Now how about some breakfast, you must be hungry." William showed Tina the galley and she went in first. He stayed and looked back at the island with a grin more sinister than the one he gave Tina earlier. "Yes, all to ourselves, and no one to help you."

Denny ran straight through the docks. "Blast it all! What is she thinking?!" he was more worried than angry.

"Mew mew mew mew mew?" Mew asked as she flew next to him.

"No I hate that saying if you love someone you should set them free, I wanna talk to her!" He ran until he reached an empty dock. "According to the ship schedule the only cruise ship was here. Blast it!" he threw the paper of the schedule to the ground and ground it into the concrete. "We missed her! We missed her." Denny paused for a while letting his emotions cool off. "I'm gonna miss her......."

He started walking back, along the docks.

"Mew? Mew mew mew mew mew?"

"We'll head back to the PokéCenter and get our gear. I think it's time we kept moving...." Denny replied.

The two walked in silence for several moments.

"Hey kid."

"Huh?"

"Yeah you. The kid with the Mew." Someone walked out of the shadows, he was dressed in raggy clothes and looked like he had lived on the streets a while.

"What do you want?" Denny said, not in a very good mode.

"I don't want no trouble, I just gotta give you this." he handed Denny a holo-card and then disappeared back into the shadows of the alley.

Denny clicked the card and a small holographic image of a man in a white suit appeared. "Boy does he look funny? See him before Mew?"

Mew went frantic. "Mew mew mew mew mew meeeeewwww!!!

"What?!"

"Denny Roth. You may not know me but I know a lot about you, and I know Tina. If you're wondering where she is right now, all you have to do is be at Dagger Cove within the hour, and bring your Pokémon. If you want to see Tina again." and the hologram turned off.

"So that's who she was with. Common Mew, let's head to Dagger Cove!" Denny ran off, Mew right behind him.

In the alley the "bum" called in. "Ya, William? He's on his way."

Aero flapped his wings as Denny looked for Dagger Cove below. The Pokémon was following the coastline of the island.

"According to this thing Dagger Cove is just up ahead." Denny said as he looked at the map.

Dagger Cove was actually a cliff that lead to a steep drop into the raging sea below. The waves crashed onto the rocks as Aero neared it.

Aero swooped down and Denny jumped off after he landed. Denny recalled Aero as Mew sat on his shoulder. The man from the holo-card stood near the edge of the cliff, he was wearing the white suit Denny had seen earlier.

"Where's Tina?" Denny demanded.

"Well, well, well. I'm surprised you showed up." he said.

"I said, where's Tina?" Denny repeated narrowing his eyes at the guy.

"Heh. She's here, but don't you think we should get aquainted?" the guy asked. "I am William, a wealthy man with wealthy tastes."

"Don't patronize me. Show me Tina."

"Well, I can see this is a one-way conversation. Very well." William pulled out a remote and pressed a button. A hover-platform started rising past the edge of the cliff, William just stood there as the winds picked up and dust blew in every direction. The platform rose above the ground but never moved from its position over the cliff. A bottom hatch openned and a cage began lowering. Inside, sitting against one side of the bars was Tina, small bruises on her arms and face.

"Tina!" Denny shouted. "Tina say something!" This is just like Millsweet! his mind screamed.

At the sound of her name Tina moved towards the other edge of the cage. "Denny? Denny what are you doing?!" Tina shouted back.

"Let her go!" Denny told William.

"Tisk, tisk, tisk. Don't you know the rules of a trade. In order to get what you want, you must give me what I want." William replied. "Your Pokémon, for your woman."

"What? All of my Pokémon?!" Denny said as he stammerd back.

"Really I only wanted your Aerodactyl and Mew, but I'll take them all if you insist." William stated.

Denny stood, dumbfounded. This guy was ruthless, and that look in his eye told Denny that there was no way he could trust him. This is really not good. He wasn't sure if he would be able to give Mew and Aero to a guy like this. But what's more important? Mew and Aero, or Tina?

Mew could see the look in Denny's eyes and sensed the thoughts going through his mind. She levitated Aero's Pokéball and held it in her hands before going over to William.

"Mew...." Denny said.

"A wise choice." William pressed another button and a smaller cage lowered. He openned the side and Mew flew in, Aero's Pokéball in her lap. "Now I should keep my end of the bargin."

"Let her go!" Denny shouted.

"If you insist." William pressed another button and the floor of Tina's cage fell out and she free-falled.

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!"

"TINA!!!"

In a quick move, not really thinking, Denny dashed to the edge of the cliff, dropped to his stomach and reached down after her hand. With luck he grabbed onto her hand and kept her from falling the long way down.

"Denny," she said softly.

"Don't worry, I've got ya." He tried pulling her up, but his other hand, which was bracing him on a piece of the cliff, put too much pressure and the piece broke off. He slid forward slightly.

"Denny, why did you come after me?" she asked.

"Because I can't let you go. I promised you that I would never hurt you in any way, and I never will." He managed one of his smiles. "And I hate the if you love them let them go line."

"Awe, how touching." William commented. "Both lovers are willing to go to the grave. Pathetic." His footsteps could be heard walking to them. "You are weak, Denny. Why throw your life away for someone who was willing to leave you." He stomped on Denny's back, making him wince.

"Ow! Why you,"

"Let her go and fight me then." he stomped on Denny's back another time. His foot continued stamping on Denny's back.

Denny gritted his teeth against the pain William's foot continued to give to his back. Tina saw the pain on his face and how much harder he held her hand every time the foot came down.

William was fed up and resorted to grinding his heel into Denny's back now. "Fool. Stupid love-struck fool."

"Grrr. Ah!" Denny snorted as he endured the pain. "AH!" he said as William kicked his side.

Tina's hand started slipping. "No." Denny said as he held harder. "I won't let you go. I can't."

"Denny," Tina said. "I love ...." But she never finished. Her fingers slipped from Denny's grasp and she fell.

It was like slow motion to Denny. Tina fell backwards, a sad, almost depressed look on her face. Her hair flowed in the air as she fell towards the ocean. Denny watched, but then hid his face on the ground.

Tina free-fell and saw the cliff rushing by. She noticed a tree branch sticking out of the side. In a desperate move she grabbed onto the branch at the last minute. The move dislodged a large rock from under the branch and it went splashing into the waves.

Denny heard the splash as something hit the sea. He sobbed quietly, tears streaming down his cheeks. He was crying, not from any physical pain, but from the pain in his heart.

William started chuckeling. "Heh heh heh. You are pathetic, she was just a girl, and she was dumpng you anyway."

"You....." Denny replied, anger growing in his voice. "You bastard, you tricked her."

"Tricked her? HA! All I did was take her out to a few shops. She was going to leave you because of what Bonnie did. To her you betrayed her on that day."

"How did you know about Bonnie?" Denny demanded, starting to stand up.

"I suppose there's no trouble in telling you, you've lost anyway. Laurence hired us both. He had hired us before and the two of us had been the best mercinaries money, his money, could buy. When he told us about you, I decided it was a waste of time, but Bonnie went ahead with it. After Bonnie failed it was up to me, if we both wanted to continue getting our funding from Laurence. And all Laurence wants is your Pokémon."

"So you'll do anything?"

"Anything it takes."

"Even Tina's life?!" Denny shouted. He ran towards William. "I'll make you pay ten-fold what you, Bonnie, and Laurence put us through! Hiya!" Denny punched for William, but he missed. Spinning on a heel Denny faced the older guy and started jabbing. Now, Denny isn't the best fighter on the block, even when he thinks straight, but in a blind rage he was punching and jabbing at anything that moved, lucky for him William was only dodging. Annoyed, Denny jump-kicked William, aiming for his head. William grabbed the extended foot and flipped Denny over onto his stomach with a flip of the wrist.

Denny landed hard and started to get himslef back up, dirt clung to his face and the front of his clothes.

"Stop before you force me to beat you to a pulp." William commented. "If you battle as well as you fight, it's a miracle that you've lasted this long in anything."

Lurching himself onto his feet Denny glared at William. "You wanted a fight? Well, here it is! I'll beat you for what you did to Tina, first in a battle and then I'll beat you to a pulp before I teach Laurence never to mess with me again!" He grabbed a Pokéball. "Go Blade!"

The Scyther materialized and had an angrier look on its face than normal. The Bug-Pokémon showed off its scythes, William's reflection on them. "Scyther."

"I choose, Electabuzz." William tossed a Pokéball and the Electric-Pokémon cracked its knuckles as sparks shot from it's anntenae.

"Ebibdibie!"

"Attack, Thunderbolt!" Electabuzz charged up a vast amount of electricity in its body. Sparks shot around its head before blasting the electrical attack straight at Blade.

The Bug-Pokémon took the attack, shocks coursing through his entire body.

"Blade!"

"Attack it again." William ordered.

Electabuzz charged up more electricity and sent it towards Blade again.

"Blade, use a ground wire!"

The attack blasted Blade once again, parts of the ground vaporized under the extreme voltage. Smoke pillowed after the attack, a small crater where Blade should be. A wind blew the smoke away reveiling Blade, still standing, with one scythe lodged into the ground. The Pokémon pulled his scythe out and yellow sparks of residue electricty danced around where Blade had used his scythe as a ground to avoid the full brunt of the attack.

"Now, Sand Attack!" Denny said.

Blade steadied his feet and crossed his scythes. The Scyther's wings began beating very fast, picking up a breeze, a loud buzzing comming from him. The wind got stronger and sand began to blast in every direction around the Pokémon, engulfing him in a cloud of dust and sand.

"Electricute it." William ordered.

Electabuzz started charging up energy for a thrid attack. Before the Electric-Pokémon could attack, Blade blasted out of the cloud, scythes raised and racing towards Electabuzz. The other Pokémon barely had time to react as Blade bared down on it. With one cross-slash, the Scyther sliced through Electabuzz. Blade landed behind the other Pokémon and crossed his scythes, William was still in the reflection. As the Scyther twitched his scythes, Electabuzz fell over, out cold.

"Hmm." William said as he recalled his Pokémon. "Just because the Pokémon is better than the trainer doesn't prove a thing."

Blade hovered and landed beside Denny. "All of my Pokémon are the best I want them to be. I want them to be able to help me in any situation I come across, and I'll help them in return."

"Pheh. Pokémon are only tools for gaining power, you can never count on a tool to save your hide." William replied as he held a second Pokéball.

"You're wrong. Right now they'll all help me in paying you back for hurting Tina!" Denny recalled Blade and grabbed another Pokéball. "Tsunami!"

Denny's Vaporeon came out and sat, tail wrapped around her legs, and glareing at William with all the hatred it could muster. "Vapor....eon!"

"Tyrannitar." William said as the power-house Pokémon formed formed the energy.

"RRROOOOOAAAAAARRRRRR!" the larger Pokémon replied.

"Go, Ice Beam!"

Tsunami blasted a beam of ice towards the Tyrannitar. The ground at the Pokémon's feet foze and incassed it.

"Flamethrower."

Tyrannitar released a jet of flames that melted the ice that Tsunami had made.

"Seisemic Toss."

Tyrannitar grabbed Tsunami by the throat and threw it with as much force as to move the earth. The female Vaporeon was hammered into the ground by Tyrannitar. Tsunami lay in a decent sized crater from the attack.

"Finish it, Hyper Beam." William ordered.

The Tyrannitar began charging the energy in its mouth.

"Tsunami!" The Vaporeon jumped up at Denny's shout and jumped out of the hole as Tyrannitar vaporized the crater with a Hyper Beam attack. Tsunami landed infront of Denny and glared at the Tyrannitar. "Hydro Pump!"

Tina still managed to hang onto the branch. She looked down and saw the rugged surf just twelve feet below her. The waves crashed into the cliff wall, spraying her with water. Tina thought she could hear the sounds of a Pokémon battle and two human voices shouting out commands, but she wasn't sure.

The cliff vibrated and the branch she was holding onto was being pulled out by the roots by her weight. "No," she gasped.

Tsunami sent a giant blast of water at the Tyrannitar and knocked it backwards. The Tyrannitar rolled head-over-heels and finally stopped, the wind knocked out of it.

"Get up, you good for nothing Pokémon." William demanded. The Tyrannitar staggered back up on its feet.

"Ice Beam."

Tsunami attacked the Tyrannitar with the ice attack again, this time encasing it in a block of ice. William recalled it.

"Good Pokémon are so hard to buy nowadays." he commented.

"Buy? Now I hate you even more!" Denny shouted as he recalled Tsunami. "How can you expect to get your Pokémon's full power, when you just buy and sell them at will?" He held another Pokéball.

"You have no clue what enough money can do. You can buy anything you want, including powerfull Pokémon." William replied as he called forth his latest Pokémon, a Heracross.

"Hera croooos!"

"Flareon!"

The Fire-Pokémon stood and fire blazed in its eyes as heat emitted from his body, making the area around Flareon intensely hot. "Flareon! Flare flare"

"Fire Wall!"

Flareon spat out embers that merged together and blasted up a wall of complete flame, seperating Flareon from Heracross.

"Mega Horn."

Heracross shouted and a blast of soundwaves ripped through the Fire Wall, reducing it to smoke.

"Body Slam!"

Flareon appeared behind Heracross and lunged for the Bug-Pokémon.

"You idiot. You let it get behind you." William commented as Flareon slammed Heracross into the ground. "Endure." Heracross stopped Flareon's advance and pushed back.

"Flamethrower!"

At close range Flareon, blasted Heracross with a jet of red-hot flames. The Bug-Pokémon fell over, burned to a crisp.

"Worthless." William said as he recalled Heracross.

"No one is worthless, or pathetic, and I'll show you that the hard way!" Denny replied as he recalled Flareon and was ready to bring out... "Jolteon!"

Jolteon stood, feet apart and sparks flying from his spines. "Jolt! Jolteon!"

"Primeape."

"Prrrrgh. Prrrighmaaaape!"

"Mega Punch."

Primeape dashed at Jolteon, fist raised.

"Agility!"

Jolteon dashed out of the way before Primape finished his punch.

"Hit it."

Primeape punched and jabbed at Jolteon, but the Electric-Pokémon was too fast and dodged every blow.

"Double Kick!"

Jolteon, not Primeape, jumped up and kicked the Fighting-Pokémon in the face with his rear legs several times. One final kick knocked Primeape back and Jolteon landed on his feet in a flip.

"Rage."

Primeape was getting into a rage allright. His opponent was avoiding every attack that the Fighting-Pokémon could muster and now he was out of control.

"Bite!"

As Primeape launched a punch, Jolteon twisted his body around the arm and chomped down on the Righting-Pokémon's right arm. Primeape's forward momentum and a twist of Jolteon's neck, sent Primeape flying and crashing to the ground. Now Primeape was really steamed and lunged for Jolteon again.

"Thunder Wave!"

Jolteon's spines flowed withe raw electrical power as Primeape landed a punch. The punch may have hit home but Primeape was now paralized down to his gloves. Jolteon jumped and rear-kicked the Fighting-Pokémon once more, sending it falling to the ground, unable to resist.

William recalled Primeape but didn't grab any more Pokéballs.

Denny recalled Jolteon. "Now you're through!" he ran towards William for a second attack, as he did a Pokéball fell off of his belt and openned, reveiling Blade.

"I think not." The hover pad lowered, stopping Denny from going any farther. William boarded the platform and messed with the controls. "I have what I came for, and your Pokémon are too tired to even stop me. Oh, and I'll send some flowers. HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"No!" Denny screamed. "Come back here you coward!"

Mew had watched the battle and she was being carried away with Aero still in his Pokéball. There was nothing she could do now, but she knew Tina was still alive, but might not be for long. That branch was about to give way. Before she knew it, the cage was being drawn inside the platform.

"Blade!" Denny said not even noticing that he was outside of his Pokéball. "Cross Cutter! Slice that thing wide open!"

The edges of Blade's scythes began to glow and the Pokémon eyed the hover pad as a target. With one swift swipe the Scyther sent his most powerfull attack right at William's hover pad. The cresant shapped beams spun and sliced through the platform, also slicing the bars clean in half, enableing Mew to escape.

Willaim hung on to a hand-hold as the platform shook with every move. An exploasion from inside and Mew flew straight out, a pink streak, taking with her a few of the hover platform's important components. As William was heading for a crash course onto the island, Mew threw Aero's ball to Denny.

He ran and jumped to catch it and watched as Mew flew over the cliff edge. "Mew, where are you going?!"

Tina held on. The branch was slowly moving out of the cliff, she wasn't sure how much longer it would last before it gave out. There was the sound of an exploasion after the battle sounds had ceased, but Tina wasn't worried about that right now.

"Oh Denny, I'm sorry....." she said as she remembered something.....

Gently he lifted her onto her knees. He noticed the tear-stains on her cheeks. "It's not that bad, you're a little scuffed up, but it's nothig to cry about." he said reassuring her.

"It's not that," Tina managed and rose to her feet, Denny quickly standing beside her. "I just thought you'd get mad and tell me to go away,"

Denny almost stepped back in shock. "Why would I do a thing like that?"

"Becasue you don't care," Tina replied, turning her back on him but not walking away.

"What a minute. What do you mean I don't care about you?"

"The first time we met I told you that I wanted to go along becasue there was something about you that I couldn't think of and I wanted to find out. Now I know,"

"What was it?"

"I was wrong. You where like every other guy I've ever been with before."

"What are you talking about. Explain."

"Eleven years ago, my parents died in a car wreck in Saffron City. I was almost too young to remember it. For the next eight years I lived in orphanages accross Kanto and some in Johto, before I finally ran away to get away from the orphanages and start my own life at Pokémon Training. I met a few guys along the way, some where decent enough but others cared only about themselves. My heart was broken with every one that left me. And now you're doing the same thing, so you're no better! You're gonna go and leave me with another broken heart!"

Denny stared at Tina's back, thinking of how to word his reply. "Tina, I would never do anything to hurt you in any way. I couldn't stand it if anything happened to you. Everytime I've saved you, I've done so for a reason, it's because I was worried you would get hurt, and I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if anything did."

Tina openned her eyes and the tears started to slow their decent down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry about your parents, you've never told me anything about them. I lost my mom when I was born, at least you knew your parents for five years before they died. I never met my mom." Denny looked at the ground near the edge of the trail.

Tina turned and looked at him. She could see the emotion in his eyes and the tears he was stopping from flowing down his cheks. "Denny, I... I'm sorry. It's just....I....."

Denny looked at her, and their eyes locked for what seemed like an eternity. Then they both hugged each other close. He could smell her hair and had never felt her so close to him. She felt his muscles under his jacket and his arms around her. Neither wanted to break it but they looked at each other.

"I..I...I just don't want you to leave..."

Denny put a finger on her mouth and stopped her. "Don't worry, I feel the same way, and I won't. I promise."

Then they both kissed. They felt the other's lips as their embrace grew tighter with the affection they showed each other. Tina broke the kiss.

"I just have to say it. I love you,"

"I love you too, Tina."

Then their lips touched again.

"You would never leave me, but I left you." Tina suddenly realized as the branch slipped another inch. It doesn't matter anymore does it? Even if I somehow manage to get out of here alive, Denny will never trust me again will he? Just then the branch gave and she fell, again.

Instead of landing in the ocean, something else broke her fall. It was soft, bouncy, and, when she looked, pink. To Tina's amazement she was sitting on a pink bubble, somthing she had seen rarely before.

"Mew?" the Pokémon asked as she floated down on Tina's stomach.

"Mew? How? When? What happened?"

"Mew." Mew smiled.

Denny watched and looked for Mew to reapear. Why would Mew fly down there, that's where Tina... something stopped his thought before he could finish it.

Past the edge of the cliff something was rising up. Denny stared and looked as if he had seen a ghost.

Tina Alexander was sitting on one of Mew's Psy Bubbles and Mew was sitting on Tina's stomach smileing that fun-loving smile.

"Tina?"

"Denny."

Tina jumped off the Bubble as Mew floated off. Denny ran to her, tears flowing down his cheeks. Tina was crying too. They jumped into eachother's arms.

Denny hugged Tina as tight as he could and lifted her off the ground and spun around twice. He put her back on the ground and just wouldn't let go.

"Tina, I.... I thought I lost you forever." he said as he just held her.

"It's all my fault," Tina cried. "If I had just known you didn't cheat. If I had just known." She hugged back tighter than he did.

"Ow! Ow! Ow!" Denny was just now aware of the pain in his torso from William kicking him.

Tina let up on the hug. "Sorry, sorry, sorry. Are you okay?"

Denny smiled his lopsided smile. "I'm fine, now that I'm sure you're safe."

She stared into his warm eyes and cried into his jacket. "I'm sorry. I should have trusted you. I'm sorry!"

Denny held her as she cried, waiting for her sobbing to calm down. He lifted her chin up so she would look him in the eye. "It's okay. I forgive you. William was a coward and a sneak who used you to get to me, like Bonnie tried to do. I still love you Tina, and I always will."

"Denny." she replied. "I love you too!"

Their lips met and they kissed as Mew and Blade watched them, both Pokémon smileing.

Inland, the crashed remains of a hover pad smoked after impact. William, his suit ripped and smoldering in various places, sat and called his flunkies.

"Get out here. And bring me a capachino while you're at it." He hung up the phone and stood up. "Denny. You are going down. This I swear!" William's shout scared Pidgeies from the trees and into the sky.

Chrono: With the most difficult part of their experience behind them, and their bond stronger, we skip forward in Time to see Denny and Tina on Kumquat Island, home to the last Gym Leader. And who they meet there, are the last people they would ever expect, and the battle for the Badge is insane as well. Next time on POKéMON: DIMENSION SHIFTERS, Beach Battle Royale.

Mew Master
2nd June 2003, 03:22 PM
I'm sorry about the lack of new chapters, although I only seem to have one loyal reader. I guess the rest choose to be silent and not reply.

Anyway, You know I've been working on Chains of Dragons, and it's taken up much of my free time. I still have this archived at home and will keep writing until I can post once again.

Later!

~Mew Master