PDA

View Full Version : Has this ever happened to you?

Mr Mayor
9th May 2003, 06:21 AM
Basically, I am in the middle of my first fic, To be a Master. It's going well. I have 5 or 6 faithful readers.

The problem? I am getting tons of ideas. You may think this is good? It's not. The ideas are for another fic I wasn't going to write until TBAM is over. Suddenly, I want to drop TBAM, and begin writing this other fic.

So, has this ever happened to you? What should I do? Go with my instinct, or wait until about Augest (when TBAM should end) and then write it?

Thoughts would be helpful. I given up on deciding myself. :P

UmbreonCurse
9th May 2003, 08:16 AM
This happens to be all the time. Espcewilly when I'm starting a new fic. My suggestion is to use them all! You xcan put a little of each of them into the fic or maybre bring it back later on in anohter chapter.

Neo-Xantios
9th May 2003, 08:30 AM
Mr. Major, I think you should continue and finish "To Be a Master". It will surely disappoint many of your readers if you terminate the story just there and commence a new one. Of course, for your ideas, you can always jot them down and when you begin your new fic, use them. I strongly believe you should continue because many people, including myself, have evoked to the story, and surely, I don't want my evocation to end so abruptly.

Powarun
9th May 2003, 10:59 AM
Yeah, but jot it down maybe start another fic and save it, and wait for TBAM to end. That way you could catch more readers at the end. I really don't care if someone doesn't update for a week or two, it is a month that makes the waitng suck, or the whole summer.

Chris 2.1
9th May 2003, 12:27 PM
happens all the time. Try incorporating some ideas into TBAM (some may not work, however), and what I do for fics in a set land is make up new towns inbetween others. I made Pourie Town inbetween Cerulean and Saffron, Brellaville between Saffron and Celadon, and Fliscoula between Celadon and the Bike Path. I made Bronze City west of Pewter, and Crimson City below Palet.

Keep TBAM going, dont disapoint readers!

Mr Mayor
9th May 2003, 01:52 PM
*jots down ideas*

Thanks for your input. TBAM shall continue. :D