PDA

View Full Version : Who do you miss from TPM? Rebooted 2019 Edition!

Drago
19th June 2019, 06:35 AM
Alright, so I was going through the archives as I so often do, and I happened upon a thread I made back in 2007, (https://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16630) where we all listed people we missed from TPM's past.

Fast forward twelve years (my goodness) and TPM has become the definition of a circle jerk, with only a scant few of us ever replying to anything. And you know that I love you guys, but last time we did this, it had a weird, unexpected effect where people who were mentioned came back for a guest appearance.

Will it work if we try it now? I don't know. But fuck it, I miss the depth of this community.

So let's try it!

I am evoking the name of Heald, my former miscellaneous moderating cohort. His dry wit was the stuff of TPM legend, and he always just seemed unflappable.

And also mr_pikachu, who rose to the ranks of the TPM elite through a lucrative posting career.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
19th June 2019, 06:50 AM
Blade

shazza
21st June 2019, 05:58 AM
dr_steelix

Knight of Time
21st June 2019, 07:38 AM
The ASB mods, and the majority of the people who made it such a great sub-forum.

Magmar
23rd June 2019, 10:01 AM
everyone who played the werewolf game and is not here right meow

Mikachu Yukitatsu
28th June 2019, 09:08 AM
How did the Werewolf game work? It's a paradox that now that I have all the time in the world for TPM, there are so few of us here that we can't manage a single GGG Game.

EDIT: Time to shut down my computer and play some videogames because I wasn't able to fit into the society

shazza
30th June 2019, 07:35 AM
EDIT: Time to shut down my computer and play some videogames because I wasn't able to fit into the society

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Drago
30th June 2019, 10:22 AM
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

https://img1.nickiswift.com/img/gallery/why-hollywood-wont-cast-jaden-smith/intro-1523483104.jpg

Drago
31st October 2019, 06:18 PM
Now that the forum is no longer broken and people have a reason to post, I regurgitate revive this thread.

PS. After three attempts I gave up on trying to remember what the code for strikethrough text was. :shrug:

Number1ChanseyFan
1st November 2019, 11:08 AM
DragoKnight, ubbcode for strikethrough is
[ strike] [ /strike]

Yay!

I will make my list of TPMers that I miss, gotta get it together, don't want to forget anyone even though there are so many I know it is impossible... ^_^

Drago
7th November 2019, 05:48 AM
I just looked at my signature and realised that, shit, it's been more than a year since Oslo posted.

Oslo was one of those weird cases of someone who signed up midway through TPM's lifespan, long after the forums had died down, who managed to become a significant member with his affable charm.

Good on him.

Magmar
11th November 2019, 06:49 PM
How did the Werewolf game work? It's a paradox that now that I have all the time in the world for TPM, there are so few of us here that we can't manage a single GGG Game.

It really counted on all players being actively engaged with the forum at least once per day over 24-hour periods (especially with multiple timezones and countries represented). We'd divvy up roles, but not know who each other was, and have to try to scope it out via PMs and the game thread by being cunning. A couple roles (like Seer, Angel and what not) could figure out someone's identity per turn and try to forge alliances with those confirmed to not be werewolves. The werewolves, meanwhile, would try to sniff out those alliances and kill off those with special powers first to prevent resurrections. Every turn the werewolves killed someone and we'd find out "oh, it's Day 2, you wake up, and Magmar's dead!" or "The wolves tried to attack last night, but the Angel saved the target!" During the day everyone would vote on who they thought was wolf and that person was killed, and the goal was for the non-wolves to kill off all wolves before the wolves outnumber them.

I may not have done this justice with this explanation. I'm extraordinarily burnt out from work and school today lol.