PDA

View Full Version : Why don't DVD's have both versions?

Bacl
9th May 2003, 08:17 PM
I just watched Pokemon 4ever the other day, and listened to the commentary after viewing the movie. A comment was made that some scenes were added to the American version and that this is not at all unusual for prior movie or the television episodes.

Which got me to thinking...

Why don't the Pokemon movie DVD's in addition to the American version have both the original Japanese version, in original Japanese with English subtitles as an option?

Mind you I have yet to own television episodes or prior movies on DVD, so they very well may have this option. I mean, it sounds like that would be standard IMHO.

UmbreonCurse
9th May 2003, 08:47 PM
...now that you mention it....why DON'T they? I'd love to see the subbed movie.

Hanada Tattsu
9th May 2003, 09:58 PM
That is an excellent idea. But they wouldn't do it.

I guess the closest thing to doing what Bacl stated is releasing the subbed version on a seperate DVD, even though more people would buy it if they could just buy one DVD with two versions of the movie on it.

ILikePokemonP
10th May 2003, 12:32 AM
Because the big companies know you'll buy it anyway. Unless you get everyone to stop buying their dvds until they meet your demands, nothing will be done.

Rocketboy
10th May 2003, 08:20 AM
What, like "Cardcaptor Sakura"? Yeah, that would be cool! We can get the japanese off it!!!!! :D

Hanada Tattsu
10th May 2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Rocketboy
What, like "Cardcaptor Sakura"? Yeah, that would be cool! We can get the japanese off it!!!!! :D

Yeah, they made the dubbed DVD's for little kids, and then we got the Japanese DVD's with subtitles for the bigger kids and people who don't want to get fooled by the dub's mistakes.

Bacl
10th May 2003, 12:51 PM
So is there any way to obtain region 1 DVD's of the original Japanese Pokemon movies with english subtitles?

Hanada Tattsu
11th May 2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Bacl
So is there any way to obtain region 1 DVD's of the original Japanese Pokemon movies with english subtitles?

Nope, there is no way to obtain Japanese episodes or movies with subtitles anywhere, the ones on sale in Japan ar just raw, trust me, I have a lot of them.

The only way to get them subtitled is over the internet or something.