PDA

View Full Version : :: A little pic for all! ::

Scuba.Diving
9th May 2003, 10:24 PM
I've just made this oekaki of Misty for all...

Enjoy!

Uh! Can I ask for something? It's about here? this is a place for Furry artworks only (By furry I said Fur characters or animals...)... :confused:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Scuba.Diving
10th May 2003, 08:02 AM
Uh! Anybody use Online paint BBS or Oekaki BBS here?

If don't, what kind of programs you use to draw? Photoshop, CorelDraw, Paintshop pro, Flash...??? Anything else?

(Uh!? I need to create a new topic for that question? Uh?) :confused:

The Rusted One
18th May 2003, 04:42 AM
Wow, I really like the picture...it's really good.

Azura Stardust
18th May 2003, 06:40 AM
Waaahh, Sugoi, that's a cute little picture of Misty you got there. Mouse or tablet? I used to do that kind of stuff with a mouse. Really satisfying! ^^

I used to oekaki for a few months, around Nov/Dec to about Feb or so, then I kind of stopped because I didn't have time. Later around Late feb or early march, I got a tablet but couldn't be bothered to go on oekaki anymore. Therefore I stopped.

However I still practice on Photoshop. I don't use anything else. Recently upgraded to Photoshop 7 (recommended, especially if you have a tablet.)

E_Eevee
18th May 2003, 01:28 PM
Sketchy-style. Nice for oekaki.

Yes, I use oekaki, both paintBBS and oekakiBBS. Photoshop 7 is excellant, I have it on my mac. Photoshop 5 is pretty decent. Both are fairly expensive -.-;; To be honest Paint Shop Pro 7 is almost as good for a fraction of the cost.

Katie
18th May 2003, 01:35 PM
now that's raw talent. I really really like this pic, although I could've sworn I replied a while back o_0; oh well. the pose is really cool, the proportions are perfect.. I liek the shirt, and the expression is just too cute, but doesn't misty have blue eyes? maybe not... hmm. great pic, keep up the awesome work! ^_^

~Katie

Scuba.Diving
18th May 2003, 03:28 PM
Thank for your comments... Yes me too! I use Mac and USB tablet to draw... But I think I'm much better with a real pencil... I scan it and color it with photoshop 6...

It's very difficult to draw on computer, like oekaki board...

About Misty's blues eyes, your right, but I prefert to draw green eyes, because the real red-haired girls have always green eyes... :rolleyes:

Sandslash and Ninetails
18th May 2003, 11:12 PM
That's a really nice picture. ^_^ I love your style, it really makes the picture stand out. The coloring and shading both look really good to me, very nice. Her pose is drawn very well, and looks pretty original. I love the way her eyes look, you did a great job on them. ^^ The rest of the picture looks really good, great job! Keep up the good work! =)

Azura Stardust
19th May 2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by E_Eevee
Sketchy-style. Nice for oekaki.

Yes, I use oekaki, both paintBBS and oekakiBBS. Photoshop 7 is excellant, I have it on my mac. Photoshop 5 is pretty decent. Both are fairly expensive -.-;; To be honest Paint Shop Pro 7 is almost as good for a fraction of the cost.

Kekeke, you know who cheated and downloaded it off the net.... :X!!! I swear, Adobe, someday I shall pay you back.

Ahem.

Ok, I shall be nitpicky and point out some *VERY* minor flaws that are totally acceptable. I make those mistakes a lot, and even more. :)

Firstly it's her face/neck. It's slightly odd with the rest of the pic; I think it's the neck mainly, something's wrong with it. I think the thickness and it's too stiff. The left side (from this pov) of the face is slightly squashy, but it's totally understandable because the eye also bends a bit. It's just that it lookd a little odd, but those parts are very tricky, especially in that pose. I am very pathetic at doing those kind of things when the face is facing the right side.

That's as much as I can criticize without being a moronic hypocrit. The nice parts make up for it a lot, though.