PDA

View Full Version : Itty Bitty Pokeyman Tourney!!

Moltrecuno
10th May 2003, 12:15 AM
The Itty Bitty Pokeyman Tourney

*knows thats a corny tourney name so stfu*

People to Participate: 16

Entrance Fee: 10 yen

Number of Refs: 4-6

Recommended Ref Ranking: Novice/Rookie because I want them to get experience and hopefully improve their reffing skills.

Reffing pay: Refs will get their regular pay as if they were reffing a regular battle plus 10 yen per battle each ref refs in here. I will use my own yen to pay for that part for the refs. You must be the ref for the whole battle in order to get the 10 yen bonus.

In this tourney, you will only be allowed to use Baby/Basic stage pokemon. Any higher staged pokemon isn't allowed. Below is a list of non-evolving pokemon that may be used in this tourney:

Smeargle, Wobbuffet, Ditto, Dunsparce, Yanma, Aipom, Farfetch'd, Qwilfish, Shuckle, Murkrow, Misdreavus, Delibird, Sudowoodo, Pinsir, Corsola, Tangela, Lickitung, Gligar, Skarmory, Mantine, Sneasel, Heracross, Girafarig

Round layout for sixteen people in the tourney

~ 4 Rounds

~ First Round: 1 vs. 1

~ Second Round: 2 vs. 2

~ Third Round: 3 vs. 3

~ Fourth Round: 4 vs. 4

Damage should be almost doubled in each battle to speed up the tourney.

Fatigue Percentage in reffings are allowed if the refs want, but all refs reffing in the tourney must agree to use it. In other words, it must be confirmed by me if all refs want to use fatigue percentage. This will keep the battles from being reffed with different styles of calculating health and to be fair to the participants of the battle.

Arenas to be used:

~ First Round: Ref's Choice

~ Second Round: Indigo Plateau Stadium (Rock Floored Arena)

~ Third Round: Indigo Plateau Stadium (Ice Floored Arena)

~ Fourth Round: Indigo Plateau Stadium (Regular Arena with a small circular pool of water in the middle)

*note* Notice the a bit of an arena theme from the Indigo Plateau Tourney from the animé?

Prizes in Tourney

~Winner gets 70 yen and one Free Pokeball or Hyper Ball to use in 009-14 Industries. Their choice on pokeball. (yes, I'm paying for that ;P )

~ 2nd Place gets 50 yen

Just so you know, I personally do not look for any profit in this tourney. I just want to be nice to the ASBers and give them a fun tourney to be in. I will pay for the ref bonus and the prize that I give from my business from my own pocket.

Referees

1. Moltrecuno
2. Mindprobe
3. Link10
4. The Muffin Man
5. Cyrus
6. SneaselReborned
7. Gengar's Shadow

Current Battlers
1. pokemasterfrank
2. Oddish17
3. DarkDragonite
4. Elec Man EXE
5. Shadow87
6. killer tai
7. SirChris
8. Ultimate Charizard
9. Hikaru/Mozz
10. OzAndrew
11. o0Nirvana0o
12. crazybone
13. SirChris
14. Teddiursa89
15. Syberia
16. Avian Freeze

*Can't believe was stupid enough to post this topic in the middle of the night* X_x;;

Pairings will be done in another topic. whee!

pokemasterfrank
10th May 2003, 12:29 AM
Hey Teresa!

Anyway, I've been waiting for this tourney to begin :D, so I'm here to sign up :o.

*hands over 10 Yen*

Jarreddo
10th May 2003, 12:31 AM
Well, I'm bored, and I need a nice big reffing project... So, can I be a ref? Pleeaase? I'm a Rookie, for now at least. Don't know if I REALLY need experience, but pleeaase?

I must say, the double damage thing is an excellent idea. I've been considering adopting a style like that for... Well over a year, actually. I've never used a fatigue percentage, but I could try it if other refs want...

Oddish17
10th May 2003, 05:21 AM
I'll join, I could use some more matches that actually go somewhere.

Dark Dragonite
10th May 2003, 07:21 AM
YAY, I have some of those pogeys, so I shall enter the Tourney!!
*hands over 10¥*

Matt
10th May 2003, 08:38 AM
I reserved a spot to be a ref I believe. I don't feel like battling so I'm going to be a ref. ^_^; I'm going to regret this later :P

Elec Man EXE
10th May 2003, 09:23 AM
Ooooh, oooh, I want to join. Although, there is a little question I have. This can be in addition to the 3 battle limit, right? Otherwise, I have 3 battles going and I can't enter right now.

*crosses fingers that he can join and pays 10¥ if he can*

SneaselReborned
10th May 2003, 10:22 AM
What do you mean 1 on 1 and then 2 on 2 and then 3 on 3 and then 4 on 4? Does that mean that you need at least four of the listed if you are planning on not forfeiting for the final round or something?

Or is it like tag team...or...i dunno. Can we just do 1 on 1 all the way?

Anyway, if it will be 1 on 1 all the way then I'll enter. But first answer my question before I give you my precious yen.

The Muffin Man
10th May 2003, 11:12 AM
can I ref? or does THAT involve money too...(which, I might add, you don't even need...why not just throw the yen away, or make it free, or support everyone else? Or is 3,000+ yen just SO little..)

Shadow87
10th May 2003, 12:41 PM
I'm in as a battler!!
*pays 10 yen*

killer tai
10th May 2003, 01:09 PM
I don't think tourneys take up one of ur battle slots so if they really don't then heres your 10 yen I'm joining as a battler

SNOTS FUBAR
10th May 2003, 01:16 PM
sign me up for battling

VampiricCrobat
10th May 2003, 01:28 PM
sign me up 2 please :D

pays 10 yen,

i'm broke now, :rolleyes:

Ultimate Charizard
10th May 2003, 01:37 PM
im in....As a competitor of course...just hope i can get my hands on another unevolved pokemon by the 4 v 4 round.

PopCoRn
10th May 2003, 02:24 PM
id join but i only have 9 yen :rolleyes:

Moltrecuno
10th May 2003, 04:12 PM
O.O Wow. I didn't know that many people would sign up that fast.

Frank: Yay! You're battling! *snatches yen*

Jarreddo: You can be a reffy. :)

Oddish17: *snatches yen*

DarkDragonite: ^_^ yay! another battler!

Link10: *puts you in the list of refs*

Elec Man EXE: You are allowed to be in 3 regular battles and 3 tourney battles at a time. So that means you can participate in this. :) *takes yen*

SneaselReborned: Yes you must have at least four basic/baby or unevolving ones I listed. This is not a tag team tournament and I have reasons for not making a tourney like that because it would die fast from refs getting lazy to ref big battles like that. Also I will keep the round layout as is so that means the battles will not all be 1 vs. 1. I also don't want to get this tourney reapproved to have all battles 1 vs. 1 so meh. >_<

The Muffin Man: I actually have under 2000¥ =P *cough* Anyway, you can be a reffy for this tourney. :)

Shadow87: ^_^ More battlers! yay! *takes yen*

Killertai: *takes yen*

SNOTS FUBAR: Its gonna be fun to see ya battling *takes yen*

VampiricCrobat: Yay ^^

Ultimate Charizard: *takes yen* :)

PopCoRn: Umm... uh huh.... jus one more yen and you'll be able to enter. Yep yep. ^^;

~M~

Hikaru
10th May 2003, 04:28 PM
This is Mozz, I'd like in as a battler.

Mudkip14
10th May 2003, 04:34 PM
I would like to ref. I wanted to battle but I can't seeing as how I'm completely broke so I could use the money.

Andrew
10th May 2003, 10:26 PM
Sign Me Up Scotty!

Aww Crap, I sound nerdy.

:(

At least I got a lot of Itty Bitties!

SNOTS FUBAR
10th May 2003, 10:41 PM
wait i resign at a battler bc im stupid and illiterate and cant read.:rolleyes:

M1ND G4ME
10th May 2003, 11:10 PM
*gets dragged by the ear by Teresa to sign up* ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT! I'll sign up already! *takes out yen* here you go I sign up.

Moltrecuno
11th May 2003, 12:06 AM
Mozz/Hikaru: Um ok.... btw nice name. =P *takes your yen*

Mudkip14: Alright. I'll add you to the list of refs. :)

OzAndrew: Yay you're joining! ^_^ *takes yen* Its my yen now.... oh wait... Its the winner's yen now whoever that will be. XP

SNOTS FUBAR: *smacks you with a fishy* Pweese read the little directions thoroughly next time. :D You can always be a reffy. :)

Gamewizard007: >=] So you be joining too eh? Mwahahaha....

Yeah I'm hyper at the moment and its the middle of the night too. ^_^;;;

~M~

Charizard04621
11th May 2003, 09:51 AM
Hmm, I have some pretty cool pokémon to use. Some of my unevolved ones have been just waiting for an opportunity like this when they wouldn't be nuked by a Tyranitar or a Machamp. ^_^;;

Moltrecuno: Don't consider me signed up yet... If other people want to join, give them the spot instead of me. I don't want to hog anyone's spot. If you need one more person to fill up your last tourney slot, however, so it can actually start, and can't seem to find one, go ahead and sign me up... Oh, and take my 10¥ if you sign me up.

crazybone
11th May 2003, 10:03 AM
I saw this yesterday when only 3 people were signed up... but I was in a rush to go Mother's Day shopping + Do Harmony V so I didn't really read stuff.

Anyway, sign me up if there are any spots left. However, half my team consists of water Pokeys... and I'm afraid neither can stay above water ice and flop around/hover around for the entire duration of the battle... so could you alter the 3rd arena so that water Pokeys can be compatible with them? Like fishing holes in the ice or something? 8d

Also... is Kadabra allowed?

EDIT-Can I pay the 1 Yen for PopCorn? Someone alert him then if I can.

SNOTS FUBAR
11th May 2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Moltrecuno
SNOTS FUBAR: *smacks you with a fishy* Pweese read the little directions thoroughly next time. :D You can always be a reffy. :)

Gamewizard007: >=] So you be joining too eh? Mwahahaha....

Yeah I'm hyper at the moment and its the middle of the night too. ^_^;;;

~M~

Haha sorry. I cant be a ref either. I have to get Approved again! Shoudlnt have left or I'd be still be a Rookie Ref. Off to get approved again. Sorry again lol

Dark Dragonite
12th May 2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by crazybone

Also... is Kadabra allowed?

In this tourney, you will only be allowed to use Baby/Basic stage pokemon. Any higher staged pokemon isn't allowed. Below is a list of non-evolving pokemon that may be used in this tourney:

Smeargle, Wobbuffet, Ditto, Dunsparce, Yanma, Aipom, Farfetch'd, Qwilfish, Shuckle, Murkrow, Misdreavus, Delibird, Sudowoodo, Pinsir, Corsola, Tangela, Lickitung, Gligar, Skarmory, Mantine, Sneasel, Heracross, Girafarig

Although, I'm a bit confuzzled myself, this isn't all of the basic/baby pokemon, and baby pokemon evolve, there are none in the list...AHHHHHH

This means Baby pokes such as Pichu,Igglybuff,Cleffa,Smoochum, Elekid aren't allowed??

Are only Pokemon on the list allowed in the Tourney??

What about Kangaskhan, it is basic, and doesn't evolve, can I use it??

Jarreddo
12th May 2003, 04:36 PM
Sorry if I'm screwing this up, just trying to hurry this up a little by helping with that question... Unless I'm mistaken, all Baby Pokemon and Basic Pokemon that evolve are allowed. And then for the Basics that don't evolve, only the ones on that list are allowed.

Elec Man EXE
12th May 2003, 05:20 PM
Hey Molty, I have a question. Are intermediate pokemon allowed? By that I mean pokemon that are between basic and fully evolved. Such as Weepinbell, Charmeleon, ect. Because they aren't really evolved pokemon, not fully at least, and they aren't really basic either. Meh, maybe I am thinking about this too much.

Reptilius Pyrus
12th May 2003, 09:08 PM
I would join, but I don't have enough battleable Pokemon... *sniffle*

Ultimate Charizard
12th May 2003, 09:10 PM
Do we need to register pokemon in advance....right now i only have 3 completely Basic pokemon but i should have a 4th by the time the 4v4 battles come up.....if i get that far.

Moltrecuno
14th May 2003, 06:54 PM
Crazybone: I think I can work that in for the arena. I'll see. *adds you to list*

Charizard04621: Alright. If I can't find enough people, I'll add you. :)

Elec Man EXE: No

DarkDragonite: I won't allow Kadabra.

To everyone else: I said you can use Baby(Ex: Igglybuff, Pichu, etc.), Basic(Ex: Bulbasaur, Abra, Scyther etc.), and the pokemon I listed in the first post. I will not allow any others to be used. Understood?

~M~

Dark Dragonite
16th May 2003, 09:33 AM

DarkDragonite: I won't allow Kadabra.
~M~

Thanks for the answer, but I asked about Kangaskahn, someone else mentioned Kadabra.

Charizard04621
18th May 2003, 08:28 AM
Hmm, I'll be gone the entire month of June, so er, don't sign me up while I'm gone, please. ^_^; If the tourney still needs a battler after I'm back in July, though, I'll be glad to join.

Everoy
18th May 2003, 12:11 PM
I will ref. Even though I have all Baby/basic pokemon, I am not experienced as a battler yet, but I have reffed on other boards, and I was recently approved as Novice on this board.

M1ND G4ME
20th May 2003, 06:53 AM
I know I'm a battler, but can I be a reffy too?

Cyrus
20th May 2003, 10:22 AM
If you need another ref, I can referee some of the matches.

Moltrecuno
20th May 2003, 07:47 PM
DarkDragonite: Heh. I didn't notice that crazybone asked that question. ^^; Anyway, I'm not allowing Kangaskhan because its almost like a Tauros with the variety of movesets and abilities. Sorry.

Charizard04621: That be okey dokey.

Parsec's Politoed: You can be a ref. :)

Gamewizard007: I am not allowing battlers to be refs also in this tourney. It has to do with bias issues so please understand that.

Cyrus: Alright. You can be a ref.

Charler: Can I comment?

¬¬;; No. And why are you asking me permission to make an obnoxious comment?

Charler: Don't know. Probably just to annoy you. :P

-_-;;;;;

~M~

SneaselReborned
20th May 2003, 08:03 PM
Oh, if you need another ref then I'm kinda open (only 1 or 2 battles at a time plz)

Ultimate Charizard
1st June 2003, 03:26 PM
So when is this actually gonna start?

I only ask since we paid to enter this tourney would we get the cash back if it doesnt start?

Everoy
1st June 2003, 04:50 PM
I'm sorry, I've quit reffing, although I could join the tourney as a battler.

Moltrecuno
1st June 2003, 06:14 PM
*adds SneaselReborned to Reffing List*

Parsec's Politoed: You can battle. :)

Mindprobe
3rd June 2003, 03:28 AM
Jarredo has quit ASB, I'll take his spot as a referee. My rank is Novice.

And if I still can, would also like to participate the tourney. Just that any battle I battle in would be reffed by someone else than me ;) . I'll hand the 10 ¥ over after the tourney is ready to begin.

M1ND G4ME
3rd June 2003, 01:15 PM
IYAH! *two finger slaps you* Listen To Teresa!

I am not allowing battlers to be refs also in this tourney. It has to do with bias issues so please understand that.

Mindprobe
4th June 2003, 07:35 AM
I undesrstand, I'll just be a referee, if I can...

Mindprobe
24th June 2003, 09:06 AM
*bumpity bump*
Just to get this on the first page, that the world knows that there is actually a tourney sign-ups going on. Also, I think VampiricCrobat isn't in ASB anymore, since he hasn't posted here in a loooong time.

Sir Chris
27th June 2003, 01:05 AM
you allow heracross, love u :yes:

*pays 10 yen*

*is broke*

*cool*

~ Chris

Drade130
30th June 2003, 08:15 PM
ill pay 10 yen to battle!

o0NirvanA0o
30th June 2003, 09:16 PM
I'm in! *slaps his wad of 10¥ down*..now I gotta win..I'm broke =\..

Syberia
1st July 2003, 03:34 PM
*pays 10 yen*
I'm in; a little Mindprobe made me do it :o

Avian Freeze
3rd July 2003, 03:25 PM
*pays 10 yen and is now broke*

I'm new here, but I'd like to try this out :). *was forced by Mindprobe too :o*

SilverMachop
3rd July 2003, 04:21 PM
Well, since you are reffing one of my battles for me, Moltrecuno, I'll join up as the final battler. It's the least I can do; oh, yeah, and fork over 10 Yen. Have fun spending it.

Lord Helmet - "A tournament? Oh, goody! You think that after I dominate the foolish tournament, I'll rule all other foolish tournaments, and then I will rule the foolish world?

No.

Lord Helmet - "Frooger nooger!"

So, I'm in. Let's have some fun!

Moltrecuno
4th July 2003, 12:28 PM
*adds silvermachop and avian freeze*

I'll have the pairings ready by tonight or tomorrow. I'll be making a new topic for it okay?

*poof*

o0NirvanA0o
4th July 2003, 04:02 PM

The Itty Bitty Pokeyman Tourney

*knows thats a corny tourney name so stfu*

People to Participate: 16

Entrance Fee: 10 yen

Number of Refs: 4-6

Recommended Ref Ranking: Novice/Rookie because I want them to get experience and hopefully improve their reffing skills.

Reffing pay: Refs will get their regular pay as if they were reffing a regular battle plus 10 yen per battle each ref refs in here. I will use my own yen to pay for that part for the refs. You must be the ref for the whole battle in order to get the 10 yen bonus.

Round layout for sixteen people in the tourney

~ 4 Rounds

~ First Round: 1 vs. 1

~ Second Round: 2 vs. 2

~ Third Round: 3 vs. 3

~ Fourth Round: 4 vs. 4

Damage should be almost doubled in each battle to speed up the tourney.

Fatigue Percentage in reffings are allowed if the refs want, but all refs reffing in the tourney must agree to use it. In other words, it must be confirmed by me if all refs want to use fatigue percentage. This will keep the battles from being reffed with different styles of calculating health and to be fair to the participants of the battle.

Arenas to be used:

~ First Round: Ref's Choice

~ Second Round: Indigo Plateau Stadium (Rock Floored Arena)

~ Third Round: Indigo Plateau Stadium (Ice Floored Arena)

~ Fourth Round: Indigo Plateau Stadium (Regular Arena with a small circular pool of water in the middle)

*note* Notice the a bit of an arena theme from the Indigo Plateau Tourney from the animé?

Prizes in Tourney

~Winner gets 70 yen and one Free Pokeball or Hyper Ball to use in 009-14 Industries. Their choice on pokeball. (yes, I'm paying for that ;P )

~ 2nd Place gets 50 yen

Just so you know, I personally do not look for any profit in this tourney. I just want to be nice to the ASBers and give them a fun tourney to be in. I will pay for the ref bonus and the prize that I give from my business from my own pocket.

Referees

1. Moltrecuno
2. Mindprobe
3. Link10
4. The Muffin Man
5. Cyrus

*Note* I forgot who reserved their spot to be a ref in this tourney so I have one reserved spot for them.

Current Battlers
1. pokemasterfrank
2. Oddish17
3. DarkDragonite
4. Elec Man EXE
5. Shadow87
6. killer tai
7. SirChris
8. Ultimate Charizard
9. Hikaru/Mozz
10. OzAndrew
11. Silver Machop
12. crazybone
13. SirChris
14. Teddiursa89
15. Syberia
16. Avian Freeze

*Can't believe was stupid enough to post this topic in the middle of the night* X_x;;

Pairings will be done in another topic. whee!

Where's my name..I paid..

Moltrecuno
4th July 2003, 06:08 PM
x_x;; oh gosh! I'm so sorry. I must've passed your post.

Okay... um... Silvermachop, I have to drop you from the list of people in the tourney. You were the last one to sign up. I'm really sorry :( You can be a ref if you want. It pays good yen. Heh.

Pairings will be ready by tomorrow.

Gengar's Shadow
4th July 2003, 08:00 PM
me ref! :yes::yes:

SilverMachop
5th July 2003, 01:30 PM
Oh, darn. Sorry, can't ref, don't know how. There's always another time, however.

Lord Helmet - "ARGH! My plans for conquering the world are ruined now! You're a foolish trainer, SM! Couldn't you have signed up foolishly earlier?!"

EDIT - It would seem that I am in the tournament still. Just thought I'd tell you all, so it's official and all that. Also, you deserve a fair warning if you're going against me, for my Cubone is-

Lord Helmet - "MAKE UP YOUR *censored* MIND, SILVERMACHOP! Either we're in this *censored*, or we are *really censored* not! I am getting so *extremely censored* aggrivated with this, and the *terribly censored* bank is going to *incredibly censored* kill us!"

...He's different, that's all. So, I'm in. Thank you, Moltrecuno, for allowing me back in!

Moltrecuno
6th July 2003, 03:06 PM
Can the mods please close this topic? *has another topic up*