PDA

View Full Version : For those who saw "Outragous Fortrunes"

Rocketboy
10th May 2003, 08:10 AM
How does Politoed sound?

BTW I am SO glad they did not choose "Who Let the Frogs Out" (alternative title)

Hanada Tattsu
10th May 2003, 08:33 AM
Well, I haven't seen the dub yet, so I don't know if they kept the voice from the Japanese version or if they changed it.

Also, do you get the dub title "Outrageous Fortunes"? If you do, please explain it to me.

Thanks.

Girafarig
10th May 2003, 11:28 AM
I think they got it from the fact that Jessie dresses up as a fortune teller to steal the kid's Poliwrath.

UmbreonCurse
10th May 2003, 12:14 PM
the voice was okay. It fit him pretty well, really.

Pidgeot018
10th May 2003, 02:28 PM
It was unique, which is good. I'm glad it didn't sound like Poliwhirl or Poliwrath with "toed" at the end.

RJdude
10th May 2003, 06:45 PM
It's voice was okay. Politoed seems pretty happy, but it seems that Misty gets aggrivated at it... I hope it doesn't turn into another Psyduck. Oh well. Its nice to see it evolve. I remember when it was just a little Poliwag...

Fire_Convoy
11th May 2003, 08:08 AM
Politoed's voice has a deep pitch with just a hint of laryngitis rasp. Pretty much what someone would expect from a giant frog!

Hanada Tattsu
11th May 2003, 08:15 AM
I hate Politoed and its voice.

It's so raspy, and Politoed is so very hyper, kinda like Ash's Totodile. I really wanted Politoed to be strong and serious, but now it's just hyper. What's worse is that in about three episodes it learns cheerleading. >_<

Nikku-San
14th May 2003, 05:50 PM
A raspy voiced, hyper frog that does cheerleading... Can't say it's not original. :P

Hanada Tattsu
15th May 2003, 09:08 AM
After seeing the episode, I take back what I've said over the years that Poliwrath sucks; if I ever train a Poliwag on G/S/C or if the onobtainables become available on R/S, I will use a Water Stone.

Light_Togetic
15th May 2003, 12:14 PM
I really like Politoed, it's one of my favorite pokemon. I was never much of a fan of Poliwrath, so when Politoed came into being, I thought, "Hmmm... maybe Misty will evolve her Poliwag into a Politoed!" I really liked Poliwag and Poliwhirl. It was a pokemon that wasn't hyper.... and then... the thing I was waiting for happened.... and now it's hyper!! I like the pokemon Politoed, I like Politoed's voice, and I like the fact that Misty evolved her Poliwhirl (well, okay, sort of, she really didn't do anything) into a Politoed... but I don't like Misty's Politoed! I used to think that it learning cheerleading was kinda cute... but I don't know now. It kind of annoys me. And cheerleading won't help that in my opinion.:rolleyes:

Hanada Tattsu
15th May 2003, 04:54 PM
I agree, it just has a wierd voice.

Plus, it seems like Misty hates it, she was yelling at it when it was all dancing.

Chris 2.1
16th May 2003, 11:11 AM
I dont like the fact Politoad is probably the most physically strong on Misty's team, and she hates it! It's so tight! Politoad is a powerhouse, final evolution, something we HARDLY see, except in good old Crobat (what an anti-climax he was, HE'S HARDLY USED!..although Brock never battles...). In fact, excluding Chariard, Crobat and Poli are the only 2nd stage-ers in the anime! :-o and they're both abused :(

Hanada Tattsu
16th May 2003, 07:05 PM
I know, Shiny, Brock's Zubat evolving into Golbat was a blessing. He used it a lot when it was a Golbat. When it evolved into Crobat, he abuses it. LOL.

Pokemon Neo
20th May 2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Light_Togetic
I really like Politoed, it's one of my favorite pokemon. I was never much of a fan of Poliwrath, so when Politoed came into being, I thought, "Hmmm... maybe Misty will evolve her Poliwag into a Politoed!" I really liked Poliwag and Poliwhirl. It was a pokemon that wasn't hyper.... and then... the thing I was waiting for happened.... and now it's hyper!! I like the pokemon Politoed, I like Politoed's voice, and I like the fact that Misty evolved her Poliwhirl (well, okay, sort of, she really didn't do anything) into a Politoed... but I don't like Misty's Politoed! I used to think that it learning cheerleading was kinda cute... but I don't know now. It kind of annoys me. And cheerleading won't help that in my opinion.:rolleyes:

Heh,that's pretty much the exact opposite on the way I feel. lol

I've never liked Politoed.I mean,I felt like it was such a disgrace to the "Poli" family.And I've always loved Poliwrath.He's just so freaking cool.That's another reason why I hated Politoed.I hated the fact that they made this freaky looking frog a relative to Poliwrath.

But for some reason,I ended up liking Misty's Politoed a lot. lol Go figure.

Zhen Lin
20th May 2003, 03:18 AM
No, it makes perfect sense, a tadpole into a frog. Unlike Magikarp -> Gyarados or Feebas -> Milotoc, or Dragonair -> Dragonite, etc.

Hanada Tattsu
21st May 2003, 08:03 PM
Yeah, but I don't mind Politoed in the game, but just the personality they gave it in the show.