PDA

View Full Version : Watching Sports

Mikachu Yukitatsu
22nd September 2019, 12:14 PM
What sports do you like to watch? Are there some you can't stand? Imaginary ones can make this thread funnier.

My favourites are ice hockey, football, skiing... Pokemon battling... ;)

Mostly international level though.

And I hate Blitzball and Quidditch LOL

Number1ChanseyFan
23rd September 2019, 11:19 PM
My favorite is definitely baseball, been a fan of the Cleveland Indians for most of my life... they are currently fighting for the last playoff spot, it is going to be tough, Tampa Bay is not letting up... this is going to be a stressful week!! I just hope that we can get in, playoffs look especially tough this year, but once you get in, anything can happen!

I also enjoy watching horse racing in the spring, seeing if there is going to be a Triple Crown winner!!

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
25th September 2019, 09:33 AM
I watch football and Formula 1 races from time to time. I used to watch tennis and skiing a lot too but not so much lately.

Magmar
3rd October 2019, 03:26 PM
I basically only watch rugby, both at the local pitches or on TV when I can, and I've traveled to watch international rugby when it's come to the US. Its popularity in the Eastern Hemisphere means matches are rarely on during afternoons/evenings here, though.

Jay Umbreon
8th October 2019, 08:39 AM
My favourite sport to watch, as with many of my fellow brits, is football (soccer). It's almost weirder to not watch it or at least follow a team.

I also enjoy watching ice hockey.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
8th October 2019, 09:57 AM
My favourite sport to watch, as with many of my fellow brits, is football (soccer). It's almost weirder to not watch it or at least follow a team.

I also enjoy watching ice hockey.

Which team are you rooting for?

Jay Umbreon
10th October 2019, 08:06 AM
AVMA, long time no speak. Did you know it's approaching 19 years since we first knew of eachothers existence? Fellow GD mod of mine!

I'm from Manchester. United born and bred, which is a bit unfortunate/frustrating how we're doing at the minute. Definitely doesn't help that I am surrounded by City and Liverpool fans at work either.

How about you? Do you follow an English team?

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
14th October 2019, 10:13 AM
AVMA, long time no speak. Did you know it's approaching 19 years since we first knew of eachothers existence? Fellow GD mod of mine!

I'm from Manchester. United born and bred, which is a bit unfortunate/frustrating how we're doing at the minute. Definitely doesn't help that I am surrounded by City and Liverpool fans at work either.

How about you? Do you follow an English team?

You're right, it's been ages! I hope life has been treating you well. Has it really been 19 years? So long ago, yet it doesn't feel that long.

United, huh? Well, they will recover soon enough. The only teams in England that I follow are Crystal Palace and the Queens Park Rangers. In their best seasons they are worse than United in their worst.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
19th October 2019, 10:54 AM
Speaking of football, Finland is exceptionally close to getting to UEFA Euro 2020! We have never been there but now we have won many important matches. Teemu Pukki is the best :patriootti:

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
20th October 2019, 10:26 PM
Yeah, just one more point missing, then Finland has qualified. Nice job.

Drago
31st October 2019, 08:24 AM
More talk about the Toronto Raptors, plz and ty

Mikachu Yukitatsu
9th November 2019, 10:07 AM
I'd actually like to get into NBA. Raptors is the only Canadian team out there.

Anyway, to all Canadians, though, I'm eagerly looking forward to see your hockey team facing us next year. We finally beat you in 2019, but 2020 is going to be even more thrilling.