PDA

View Full Version : Shield and Sword Master Thread

Magmar
15th November 2019, 01:17 PM
Because I said so.

Who all just got em? I'm a bit into Shield right now and OMG IT IS SO CUTE. Scorbunny is my new buddy. I love how sorta British it is.

Let's chat!

Fett One
15th November 2019, 09:07 PM
I got Shield. I just made it to the wild area for the first time. My team at the moment is just Grookey and Rookidee.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
15th November 2019, 10:46 PM
Can you choose the game language?

Fett One
16th November 2019, 11:50 AM
Can you choose the game language?

When you put the game in for the first time, it lets you select a language. It's got about a dozen different languages but I dind't pay attach to which languages it has.

I just arrived at the town that has the first gym. My team consists of Thwackey, Corvisquire, Carkol, and Linoone.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
16th November 2019, 10:48 PM
After hearing that, I'd very much like to try the game not only in Japanese, but also in Chinese and a host of other languages.

I myself still don't even have Switch, but it's a bit funny that eventhough the console isn't region-locked, you may be able to play our version in Japanese as well.

Drago
17th November 2019, 06:47 PM
NEW FORUM SECTION

Whoaaaaaaaaaaa nelly!!

Magmar
18th November 2019, 08:50 AM
NEW FORUM SECTION

Whoaaaaaaaaaaa nelly!!

yes! our admins had something to do for a change that wasn't "lock down the 50,000,000 spam threads"... bless them for all they do lol.

Right now my doom squad is:
-Drednaw (who I want to spell out as Wanderd for some reason)
-Bewear
-Cinderace
-Whatever Yamper evolves into. He's a GOOD BOY
-Orbeetle
-Gengar

I'm thinking of swapping out Drednaw and Orbeetle for the Toxec and... okay I'll tag it as a spoiler the complete abomination of a fossil pokemon with a fish head and legs. he's so PERFECT

Fett One
18th November 2019, 06:23 PM
I just got my fifth badge. My team is Rillaboom, Corviknight, Coalossal, Toxtricity (amped form), Linoone, and Ponyta.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
19th November 2019, 11:29 AM
I got Shield, it's a lot of fun. I'm only at the second badge though, moving pretty slow.

Fett One
20th November 2019, 06:24 PM
I am now on route 9.

My finalized team is Rillaboom, Corviknight, Coalossal, Toxtricity (amped form), Obstagoon, and Rapidash.

Magmar
21st November 2019, 09:59 AM
I'm obsessed with my new BFFL Dracovish, lol. I just got the fifth badge and have been slooooowly making my way through the game (seems like it's possible to just blast through it but I'd rather not).

My current team is MY BOY DRACOVISH, Cinderace, Bewear, Boltund, Gengar, and Mordrem. It's a bit of a "darker" team than I usually have but I'm okay with this. Gengar's Poison typing helped with slaying Opal's team.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
24th November 2019, 12:01 AM
Beat the 6th Gym today. I really like the VS. gym leader music.

Fett One
27th November 2019, 02:37 PM
I beat the league and the post game story line. All that's left for me to do is evolve all my pokemon and maybe do the battle tower.

I don't normally name my pokemon but I decided to name my team this time. The names are as follows:

Rillaboom - Kong

Corviknight - Talon

Coalossal - Rocky

Toxtricity - Electro

Obstagoon - Lobo

Rapidash - Maverick

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
2nd December 2019, 09:16 AM
I finished the game this morning.

My final team was:

- Cinderace (Fire)
- Botlund (Electric)
- Corviknight (Steel/Flying)
- Mudsdale (Ground)
- Vaporeon (Water)
- Weavile (Ice/Dark)

Drago
6th December 2019, 07:07 PM
Starting to see my team take shape. I like how easy it is to level Pokemon (too easy, arguably) because it means I'll try out new beasts that would otherwise just sit in the box for eternity.

My endgame team will probably have
Rillaboom
Alcremie
Sirfetch'd
Appletun
My Little Pony
Something else

And my competitive team will shuffle Rillaboom off, because I like Appletun better.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
15th December 2019, 01:01 AM
So, what was your team in the end?

Jeff
27th March 2020, 08:15 PM
I have Sword. Got it for Valentine's day, and I'm working on filling the Pokedex. The recent version exclusive event in the wild area was great for that, but still missing some.

Speaking of catching more Pokemon, I was also pretty bummed about Dexit, but I'm excited some of the old ones are coming back. I saw a list of them on the green site, but heard rumors that we might be getting more, especially with data miners supposedly finding the evo items for Magmar and the Porygon line. Fingers crossed!

I'm thinking of swapping out Drednaw and Orbeetle for the Toxec and... okay I'll tag it as a spoiler the complete abomination of a fossil pokemon with a fish head and legs. he's so PERFECT

The fossil pokemon are all wonderful abominations in this game. Especially given the fact that they're based on the old practice of British paleontologists mixing up dinosaur fossils.

Drago
30th March 2020, 08:42 AM
So, what was your team in the end?
My team fucking sucked and I'll never forgive it. (https://twinfinite.net/2020/02/pokemon-tournament-hate-everyone/)

Magmar
1st April 2020, 08:27 AM
I have Sword. Got it for Valentine's day, and I'm working on filling the Pokedex. The recent version exclusive event in the wild area was great for that, but still missing some.

Speaking of catching more Pokemon, I was also pretty bummed about Dexit, but I'm excited some of the old ones are coming back. I saw a list of them on the green site, but heard rumors that we might be getting more, especially with data miners supposedly finding the evo items for Magmar and the Porygon line. Fingers crossed!

The fossil pokemon are all wonderful abominations in this game. Especially given the fact that they're based on the old practice of British paleontologists mixing up dinosaur fossils.

Oh! I could probably help you with regional exclusives. LMK what you need and I'll put Ditto to work lol. :)

Drusilla
7th April 2020, 02:18 PM
Let's see if I can recall my final team off the top of my head...
Cinderace
Sylveon
Boltund
Dreadnaw
Corviknight
Mudsdale

Drago
8th April 2020, 08:02 AM
I kept wanting to love Corviknight, but its lacking special defence really negated its impressive physical bulk.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
18th December 2020, 09:56 AM
I got my Pokemon Shield today. Planning to get Pokemon Sword, too, eventually, I chose to be a Female trainer this time. My starter is Sobble.

Fett One
18th December 2020, 11:22 AM
Have fun 007.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
2nd January 2022, 04:22 PM
I eventually had time to finish the game on Friday. My unbalanced final team was:

Vileplume
Drapion
Sigilyph
Lampent
Haxorus
Glalie

Fett One
2nd January 2022, 07:19 PM
Any reason why you didn't use any gen 8 pokemon? Whenever a new gen comes out, I always try to use a team made up exclusively of that gen's pokemon. Once or twice I couldn't find a sixth pokemon that I liked from a new gen so I resorted to using an older pokemon.

I tend to only use older pokemon during replays or when the third version comes out.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
2nd January 2022, 11:56 PM
No real reason here. I did have a Lv. 59 Inteleon and a Lv. 47 Corviknight on my PC, but I sort of forgot them there, as I did with my Lv. 55 Claydol and Lv. 45 Flygon. Maybe if I had whited out somewhere during the last battles, I could have dug at least the Inteleon up for another try, since my team was clearly lacking a Water Type and defense against Fire. Maybe I'll have a pure Gen VIII team when I get Pokemon Sword.

Knight of Time
8th April 2022, 05:38 PM
I finally started up Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield today; I decided to choose Sobble in both since I like Inteleon more than the other two fully evolved starters. I just defeated Hop in the first battle in both games (I tend to like the fastest fully evolved starter most of the time), so yeah, it's a good start for both games.

I'm not 100% ready to play through these two games just yet though; when I finish Pokemon (Ultra) Sun/Moon (I'm aiming to not only get a complete Pokedex in these games; I'm hoping to get every TM and Z-Crystal I can find), I'll play Pokemon Sword/Shield more.