PDA

View Full Version : DLC

Fett One
9th January 2020, 07:51 PM
Looks like Sword and Shield are getting DLC, which will add new locations and new pokemon.

It looks interesting but $30 for DLC is more than I'm willing to pay, so the DLC will be a a big pass for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRUWgM31BRQ&feature=emb_logo

Magmar
12th January 2020, 12:25 PM
I'm willing to buy into the DLC provided this is in lieu of releasing a tweak on the same game later this year for $60 tbh.

Lady Vulpix
14th January 2020, 07:52 AM
DLC at the price of a new game? That's a new low even for Nintendo.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
14th January 2020, 10:11 AM
Not worth it for me, don't care if there are more Pokémon in it.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
15th February 2020, 10:15 AM
Nintendo is a company of principle.

What does DLC mean? Google destroys my memory.

Fett One
15th February 2020, 11:14 AM
Nintendo is a company of principle.

What does DLC mean? Google destroys my memory.

DLC refers to "Downloadable Content". Basically, you go onto Nintendo's game shop and purchase the DLC. You then download it to your Switch and once it's done downloading/installing, you will be able to access the new content when you load your game.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
15th February 2020, 11:16 AM
Perhaps they'll release the full game in Nintendo Switch Classic Mini in 2055.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
15th February 2020, 01:18 PM
Perhaps they'll release the full game in Nintendo Switch Classic Mini in 2055.

I bet they'll release a special edition of it much earlier... and call it Pokémon Helmet or something.

Jeff
27th March 2020, 07:09 PM
Pokemon Crown XL+: Definitive Edition

Anyway, eh, this is actually one case where I'm fine with DLC. Pokemon games have spent the past 20+ years milking us for extra cash with third versions that add a little bit of extra content. At least this way, we're getting that extra content for half the price, without having to start over and play the same game again.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
28th March 2020, 07:25 AM
I bet they'll release a special edition of it much earlier... and call it Pokémon Helmet or something.

Probably, giving the current accelerating rate to remaster and remake everything.

Jeff's got a point, too.

Fett One
2nd June 2020, 12:08 PM
A new trailer has been released for the DLC. Part 1 comes out on June 17th, just in time for a couple of our birthdays. From the look of things, they are adding a lot of new stuff to the game. I may end up caving and buying the DLC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QZIuug-Am0&feature=emb_logo

Fett One
29th July 2020, 08:22 PM
I did cave and get the DLC.

I caught all of the Pokemon that are catch-able without trading and completed the main story line. I evolved my Kubfu into Urshifu's Rapid Strike Style form since I thought this form looks better than the Single Strike Style.

The only things I have left to do is get enough watts to fully upgrade the dojo (which is going to take forever) and find all of the lost digletts. I have around 25 left to find.

Drago
31st July 2020, 08:36 PM
What's the verdict? I'll probably submit eventually.

I always do.

Fett One
31st July 2020, 09:07 PM
It's okay. There's not much of a story line in Isle of Armour or new pokemon other than Kubfu/Urshifu and Galarian Slowpoke/Slowbro (Slowking can't be caught until Crown Tundra). A bunch of older pokemon that didn't make it into the main story line can be caught on the island. You can also trade Galarian Form Pokemon with people on the island to get the none Galarian forms. You also have the ability to give your team Gigantamax forms, if they are one of the pokemon that has them, such as your starter.

Most of the new forms and pokemon that were shown in the trailers will be in Crown Tundra, so I'm guessing that's where the bulk of the story line is going to take place.

Fett One
22nd October 2020, 10:01 PM
Crown Tundra is now live in most locations