PDA

View Full Version : "Members who have read this thread"

Drago
3rd April 2020, 07:30 PM
I only just noticed this little box at the bottom that shows who's taken a look at the current thread.

Neat. Is it new?

Fett One
3rd April 2020, 08:28 PM
I first noticed it yesterday. I wasn't sure if it was new or because I just became a mod.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
3rd April 2020, 10:42 PM
That'll come in handy. Do other than mods see it?

Lady Vulpix
4th April 2020, 08:15 AM
I'm not sure of when it was introduced, but I've been seeing it for months. It's one of the things that helped me hunt for spambots during the spambot crisis.

OK, now I'm on the list of members who have read this thread.

Knight of Time
4th April 2020, 08:24 AM
I have a slight feeling it may be a mod-only thing. The only way I'll be proven right (or wrong) is if someone who is a regular member posts here.

Drusilla
4th April 2020, 11:18 AM
Can confirm, mod only.

Lady Vulpix
4th April 2020, 11:28 AM
Oh! Weird. Thanks for the confirmation. I wonder why it's like that.

Knight of Time
4th April 2020, 11:38 AM
Maybe Kevin implemented it? That's the only thing I can think of.

But nonetheless, yes Drusilla, thanks for confirming my hunch.

Lady Vulpix
4th April 2020, 11:39 AM
Pokemaster Ash has also viewed this thread but has not replied.

darktyranitar
4th April 2020, 12:56 PM
Strange, I can see the list of members who have read this thread

Knight of Time
4th April 2020, 12:58 PM
This is wayyy weird...darktyranitar can see who read this thread, yet Drusilla cannot. :confused:

This just doesn't make any sense.

Fett One
4th April 2020, 01:05 PM
Could it be a level thing? Darktryanitar has a higher level than Drusilla. Of course that wouldn't explain the rest of us just noticing.

Lady Vulpix
5th April 2020, 06:25 AM
As far as I know, levels don't do anything other than add Pokeballs under your name.

Shadow Wolf
5th April 2020, 08:25 AM
Wasn't dt a mod at some point in time?

If so, then it could explain the discrepancy.

Knight of Time
5th April 2020, 08:35 AM
Wasn't dt a mod at some point in time?

If so, then it could explain the discrepancy.

I just checked, yes he was. He modded Fanfic (am I right, darktyranitar?).

In fact, I have a funny feeling that anyone who was a moderator would be able to see who read the thread.

Magmar
5th April 2020, 02:32 PM
Members who have read this thread: 11
Pokemaster Ash, Knight of Time, Lady Vulpix, Number1ChanseyFan, Drusilla, DragoKnight, Mikachu Yukitatsu, Fett One, darktyranitar, Jeff, Shadow Wolf

And not Magmar? Lol

Knight of Time
5th April 2020, 02:42 PM
Members who have read this thread: 11
Pokemaster Ash, Knight of Time, Lady Vulpix, Number1ChanseyFan, Drusilla, DragoKnight, Mikachu Yukitatsu, Fett One, darktyranitar, Jeff, Shadow Wolf

And not Magmar? Lol

Try refreshing the page (or go back to it). You should be able to see yourself there (IIRC, you were a moderator here at one point, right?).

Magmar
6th April 2020, 09:39 AM
Try refreshing the page (or go back to it). You should be able to see yourself there (IIRC, you were a moderator here at one point, right?).

Oh, there I am!

Yes, I was once upon a time. I was the first elected mod *flips hair* can't remember if I got dethroned for inactivity or what

darktyranitar
6th April 2020, 12:12 PM
I just checked, yes he was. He modded Fanfic (am I right, darktyranitar?).

In fact, I have a funny feeling that anyone who was a moderator would be able to see who read the thread.

Yeap, modded fanfic ages ago haha
Seems like ex mods do get to view those stats huh. Wonder what's up with that

Magmar
6th April 2020, 04:30 PM
Might as well leave it visible to everyone. Almost everyone is a mod or ex-mod at this point.

Lady Vulpix
6th April 2020, 05:38 PM
That's both funny and sad. I checked the usergroup settings. I didn't see any group for former mods, but I have enabled the viewers list for all registered users. I think Dru should be able to see it now.

firepokemon
7th April 2020, 03:57 AM
You just disappeared Magmar oo

Lady Vulpix
7th April 2020, 06:29 AM
I can still see him at the beginning of the list.

Magmar
7th April 2020, 12:29 PM
I only appear before nice people

Mikachu Yukitatsu
7th April 2020, 12:39 PM
'Adults can't see it...'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kisl_u360d8

Lady Vulpix
7th April 2020, 12:42 PM
I can! And thanks, Magmar! You're nice too. :keke:

Mikachu Yukitatsu
7th April 2020, 12:51 PM
I meant TPMers are able to be like kids forever. We never forget our childhood dreams.

I only appear before nice people

By the way, my User Biography has read for over 18 years 'A legendary Snow Dragon said to appear to doomed people lost in icy Finland'.

Drusilla
7th April 2020, 01:08 PM
I can now see it. Huzzah!

I feel left out, I've never been a mod here. I was on Shazza's spinoff board for a bit. My childhood dream of being a TPM mod never came true.

Magmar
7th April 2020, 01:40 PM

I feel left out, I've never been a mod here. I was on Shazza's spinoff board for a bit. My childhood dream of being a TPM mod never came true.

Tbh I do wonder if the mods actually do talk in their own subforums lol. Are y'all hoarding activity from us? Lol

Lady Vulpix
7th April 2020, 03:45 PM
All the fun stuff is happening in the public forums, or on Discord.

Drago
7th April 2020, 05:37 PM

If it makes you feel any better, I was banned from that board and it was the worst thing that could have happened to a 13-year-old.

Lady Vulpix
8th April 2020, 07:53 AM
If it makes you feel any better, I was banned from that board and it was the worst thing that could have happened to a 13-year-old.
I can think of far worse things.

Drago
8th April 2020, 08:00 AM
Well I mean, I wasn't stabbed, if you want to be literal. :rolleyes:

Magmar
8th April 2020, 09:58 AM
All the fun stuff is happening in the public forums, or on Discord.

I always forget to check the Discord!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
12th April 2020, 11:44 PM
Apparently, it doesn't show who saw the tread before the upgrade. My '[GAME] My Pokemon Wins Yours!' has only DragoKnight, Knight of Time, Fett One, Mikachu Yukitatsu, while it should also have names like DarkestLight and Blademaster.

Knight of Time
1st September 2022, 04:32 PM
I hate to bump the topic, however, I just noticed the number of members who have read the thread got reset somehow (it's currently showing me as the only member who read the thread). Methinks a bug may have done this, as it has affected most topics other than the more recent ones. It seems rather tricky to pinpoint when this bug happened, though.

Drusilla
2nd September 2022, 02:44 PM
Looks like it did get reset, but I can now see it?

Lady Vulpix
2nd September 2022, 03:48 PM
I don't know what happened. Maybe some index in the database broke or something.