PDA

View Full Version : The Official Away/Back Thread

Mikachu Yukitatsu
19th May 2020, 12:48 AM
Now that I'm part of TPM staff, and after a brief discussion with Lady Vulpix, I'll take action and post a general Official Away/Back Thread. I reckon there have been specific ones for ASB and RPG in past. Given the current unsure world state, there's even a greater demand. If you go away for a few days, weeks or months or go semi-active this is the place to post.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
19th May 2020, 12:57 AM
Oh, and because of the format of this thread, I think double-posting would be acceptable.

So, I'm going semi-active for a couple of weeks to fix my sleeping rhythm. I will still post, and check the forums, but not so often everyday. Mielikkitalo, our club house, is going to be opened on the 1st of June, and I'm looking forward to it.

It's hard to have the patience to remain semi-active...

Lady Vulpix, could you make this sticky, please?

Lady Vulpix
23rd May 2020, 10:11 AM
The thread has been stuck. And double-posting is OK if, for example, you make one post to say you're going away, and then days later another post to say you're back. But don't make multiple consecutive posts if you just remembered something you wanted to add to your previous post. That's what the Edit button is for.

(Also, AC/CC used to have this too, but I think a general thread for the whole board will do the job better now.)

Charles Legend
15th August 2020, 05:50 PM
I'm around, biding my time to further my goals of world domination or at least help to get the ASB back on its feet.

~Charles Legend

homeofmew
21st January 2021, 12:29 PM
I'd like to announce my Return to TPM.
I never actually made a leaving thread.
but Im back :D

CaptainJigglypuff
17th February 2021, 08:22 AM
I’m back for the first time in years. Honestly the weirdest thing kept happening and I couldn’t even load the site until today. Not sure why.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
17th February 2021, 08:28 AM
Welcome back!!

EDIT: Maybe you could have contacted someone?!? But then again, maybe nobody could have done anything.

Master Rudy
15th January 2022, 05:11 AM
Well, this place has seen better days.....
Mostly poking my head in on a whim. Place seems kinda barren, and I see that the main website hasn't had an update in well over five years. Seems surreal to think that 22 years ago, this was once one of the bigger fansites :-/
In any case, see a few familiar names floating around still. I've also noted that you guys got a Discord server. Kinda getting the sense that a fair amount of discussion probably happens over there. Already joined it under my Enigma moniker as I've greatly transitioned away from using my real name online if I can avoid it. Blame the world we live in now with all the insanity, hostile discourse, and shit such as swatting that happens now. God forbid I piss off the wrong idiot online, the last thing I need to do is freak out, panic, then try to shoot at the cops before my mind can fully process what's going on.
Despite that, I'll at least get my display name changed on the Discord server so you guys know it's me, although I'll most likely just be lurking for a day or two as I kinda expect it to be a long weekend for myself.

TLDR: I'm back bitches! Sup?

Drago
15th January 2022, 08:17 AM
Mostly poking my head in on a whim. Place seems kinda barren, and I see that the main website hasn't had an update in well over five years. Seems surreal to think that 22 years ago, this was once one of the bigger fansites :-/
In any case, see a few familiar names floating around still. I've also noted that you guys got a Discord server. Kinda getting the sense that a fair amount of discussion probably happens over there. Already joined it under my Enigma moniker as I've greatly transitioned away from using my real name online if I can avoid it. Blame the world we live in now with all the insanity, hostile discourse, and shit such as swatting that happens now. God forbid I piss off the wrong idiot online, the last thing I need to do is freak out, panic, then try to shoot at the cops before my mind can fully process what's going on.
Despite that, I'll at least get my display name changed on the Discord server so you guys know it's me, although I'll most likely just be lurking for a day or two as I kinda expect it to be a long weekend for myself.

:wave:

Mikachu Yukitatsu
15th January 2022, 08:22 AM
I was thinking about you recently. Still trying to be active, but some things never change... all my posts start off with the letter I.

Number1ChanseyFan
15th January 2022, 09:37 PM

Welcome back!! So nice to see a familiar face!! Yeah I know, not much activity these days around here... I hope for a miracle that a bunch of TPMers are gonna come back and bring it back to life, but I guess if it didn't happen during the covid shutdowns of 2 years ago, that was probably our best chance. It did bring back some visitors for a post or two though... Once in awhile a veteran will be poking around, saw Misty on here a few days ago. Glad to see you back though, even though it is quiet here these days, hope to see you drop by once in awhile.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
5th February 2022, 07:12 AM
I'm going to be a bit less active for a couple of weeks, because I'm following the Olympic Games. The Nordic countries aren't doing well in women's ice hockey, but I'm happy for other teams' success. I must also pay a visit to my mom.

Drago
24th June 2022, 06:39 AM

mr_pikachu
30th September 2022, 01:07 AM
...Back?

I'm genuinely sorry for being absent for so absurdly long. It's been 20 years since I first became a TPMer, and as I've said many times over the years, I still think about TPM all the time. Thanks to those of you who have remained in touch with me here and there. Gabi has reached out several times, Kyle has spoken with me about Hangman and general TPM goings-on, and I've had a few good chats with Kristian, too. It has meant the world to me to know that you've been thinking of me after all this time. I'm sincerely grateful to you for being such good friends. Truly, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Knight of Time
2nd October 2022, 08:58 AM
It's great to see you back, Brian. You were definitely missed here, bud.

And on that note, if anyone is wondering what happened to me, we got hit by Hurricane Fiona on the night of September 23. As a result, we lost our power and water, and I have to admit, it was a crazy week having to deal with this ordeal (no other hurricane has hit my home province as hard as Fiona). We were fortunate to get our power back late last night, though our water problem hasn't been fixed yet. Hopefully that'll be taken care of today or tomorrow.

Fett One
2nd October 2022, 01:27 PM
I'm glad to hear your okay. With the exception of the power and water, I hope you made it out of the hurricane relatively unharmed.

Shadow Wolf
5th October 2022, 05:04 PM
It's great to see you back, Brian. You were definitely missed here, bud.

And on that note, if anyone is wondering what happened to me, we got hit by Hurricane Fiona on the night of September 23. As a result, we lost our power and water, and I have to admit, it was a crazy week having to deal with this ordeal (no other hurricane has hit my home province as hard as Fiona). We were fortunate to get our power back late last night, though our water problem hasn't been fixed yet. Hopefully that'll be taken care of today or tomorrow.

Wait, Fiona got all the way up there? My family is from PR so they got hit by the hurricane. The have the power back but part of my mom's roof got blown away. Fortunately, they are all well.

And Brian, glad to see you back! Hope the studies went well!

As for me, I can't really say I've been away. I do drop by every now and then to the forum, but life has been fairly challenging. Losing my dad, having my kid be diagnosed with level 2 autism and dealing with several other situations have really kept me busy on a daily basis. How have I been so strong through all of this? I have no idea, but I'm glad to have said strength. My little princess deserves the best of me.

And of course, I hope you are all doing fantastic. Thank you for taking care of this memorable place. :)

Mikachu Yukitatsu
31st December 2022, 04:15 PM
I stayed up late listening to the fireworks, but this year has been tough for me as well. My mother has always been a Pan-Slavist, if that's the correct word, and she finally lost it due to the escalation in Ukraine. There's also a potential personal reason related to ESP her mental health went down I won't dig deeper into it down here. I'm feeling I underestimated her condition when I went to see her to hospital in May, anyways her doctor's latest words to me were that they are going to test if my mother is able to live on her own in January. Makes sense to me, now that I write it down.

A friend of mine wished me 'hyvää uutta vuotta' but she stressed the word 'hyvää' instead of 'onnellista'.

Hyvä
Good

Onnellinen
Fortunate

Uusi vuosi
New year

Edit: that's why I'll be less around.