PDA

View Full Version : New Japanese title... with an important event!

Zak
10th May 2003, 02:56 PM
Heh, I love not having to tag spoilers anymore.... so relaxing...

304(28 ): Beautifly and Dustox!

I guess we all know what this means...

~Zak

EDIT: damn sunglasses smilie...

Chris 2.1
10th May 2003, 03:27 PM
cool! You know, this 'Brawly training' has just extended the Rustboro - Dewford gap to a usual filler level almost! lol. It's annoying, but at least we get good episodes. Anyway, They've been Wurmple for ages, but Cascoon/Silcoon for hardly any time. The bugs have landed.

RJdude
10th May 2003, 06:43 PM
Wow. This is almost as revealing as "Poliwhirl's Evolvution" But it should be interesting. And shiny marril is right, the whole Brawly Training deal is taking too long.

Chris 2.1
11th May 2003, 05:36 AM
yea, i mean, it would help if ash DID Train for his rematch. I think the writers may have just wanted Dustox and Beautifly in before they left Dewford, I think nect episode = REMATCH ! ! !

(Legal note: If enxt episode is not the episode Shiny predicted, his statement will be pushed back furhter and further until correct)

BenRG
11th May 2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by ShinyMarill
cool! You know, this 'Brawly training' has just extended the Rustboro - Dewford gap to a usual filler level almost! lol. Well, they do have an excuse this time. They have to build up the characters' teams to a credible size and strength so that they can get on with dramatising Ruby- and Sapphire-versions without making low-level Pokémon absurdly strong as they did in some early Kanto episodes.

Of course, it wouldn't be as immediate a neccessity if they hadn't insisted on this absurd 'reset button' strategy for the new season. It is increasingly looking like a 3-4 season Ru/Sa arc is most likely.

Hanada Tattsu
11th May 2003, 08:17 AM
Thanks for title, Zak!

Ouch, they've been Silcoon and Cascoon for three episodes, and Wurmple for almost fifteen, just like Shiny said, it's wierd!

Wow, evolutions and catches, and yet no sign of a rematch with Brawly. I just hope, as Shiny predicted, that the rematch will be next.

BenRG
11th May 2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Ouch, they've been Silcoon and Cascoon for three episodes, and Wurmple for almost fifteen, just like Shiny said, it's wierd! My memory may be faulty, but I seem to remember that Ash's Caterpie evolved to a Butterfree very quickly too.

Hanada Tattsu
11th May 2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by BenRG
My memory may be faulty, but I seem to remember that Ash's Caterpie evolved to a Butterfree very quickly too.

I agree, that's the point.

The Wurmples took eons to evolve, and Caterpie evolved into Metapod at the end of one episode, and into Butterfree at the end of the next.

Jaffa
11th May 2003, 03:30 PM
It's basic type attributes... Some types have good stats e.g. Rock - Defense, Electric - Speed....

Bugs just evolve faster.... They're good for the less experienced or crappier trainers....................

JazzJazz
11th May 2003, 05:37 PM
Did Jessie and May even battle with the wurmples much? This could explain why their evolution took so long.

Hanada Tattsu
11th May 2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by JazzJazz
Did Jessie and May even battle with the wurmples much? This could explain why their evolution took so long.

Well, I've only seen up to AG 15, which is one eppie after they caught Wurmple, so I can't exactly thoroughly answer, but I remember in AG 15, Jessie didn't want to battle with her Wurmple to not get it dirty and stuff.

BenRG
12th May 2003, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Jessie didn't want to battle with her Wurmple to not get it dirty and stuff. That is one critical difference between the animé and the games, of course. Evolution isn't just keyed to experience and power. It is also dependent on quality of care. It seems that Jessie is one of those Trainers who continually fusses over the cleanliness and grooming of her Pokémon. :D

That aside, I know that Caterpie evolves at lv.7 and Metapod and lv.10. What are the prerequisites of Beautifly and Dustox's pre-evolutionary forms?

Animelee
12th May 2003, 10:02 AM
Evolution:

Silcoon (Gender [mostly female] and Personality, Level: 7)

Cascoon (Gender [mostly male] and Personality, Level: 7)

--------->

Beautifly (Evolves from Silcoon, Level: 10)

Dustox (Evolves from Cascoon, Level: 10)

They look different in the anime. In the games, they have spike-like things sticking out. I guess those are for when they stick to trees. As you can see in the screenshots I attached, they look round and smooth when they're not attached to anything.

Animelee
12th May 2003, 10:09 AM
!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Animelee
12th May 2003, 10:12 AM
!!

Animelee
12th May 2003, 10:15 AM
!!!

Chris 2.1
12th May 2003, 02:23 PM
ahh, lovely pictures. Except they just look like eggs :confused:

The silky spikes are used when they hang from trees, am i right? theyre used to take in water and dew or something. I can see that the patterns are different, too.

Jesse suits Dustox so much!

Powarun
12th May 2003, 05:48 PM
Bursts out laughing, okay the cocuns are the saddest evolution yet, I think it is a devolution to eggs with eyes. Have anyone notice that Bagon evoltioun looks like a egg too, an egg with legs.

Hanada Tattsu
12th May 2003, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the pics, Shigeru!

Yuk, Cascoon and Silcoon look very ugly, but they get better soon enough, in a few episodes anyway.

Jessie likes her Cascoon cause she thinks it will evolve into Beautifly.

Chris 2.1
13th May 2003, 11:33 AM
I thought May would wanna check the evolutions page out to see if Cascoon or Silcoon evolved in2 Beautifly! I cant wait to see Jesse's face when Cascoon evolves...*chuckle*

Light_Togetic
13th May 2003, 05:44 PM
Don't Jessie and May realize that their Cascoon and Silcoon are different? If I had a pokemon that evolved into something different than another person's same kind of pokemon, I would ask some questions. Or does she think that both evolve into Beautifly?

Anyway, it should be funny when it evolves into Dustox. :D

Hanada Tattsu
13th May 2003, 06:20 PM
Yeah, May knows that Silcoon will evolve into Beautifly, but Jessie thinks Cascoon will as well.

pokemon man
13th May 2003, 09:25 PM
do you have more pic that you can showe that would be cool

Animelee
14th May 2003, 12:59 AM
Sure, I can make more. What scene would you like to see from any of the first 24 AG episodes?

BenRG
14th May 2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by Light_Togetic
Don't Jessie and May realize that their Cascoon and Silcoon are different?Quite possibly not. Cascoon and Silcoon both look pretty similar IMHO. Furthermore, Jessie and May are only seeing the other's Pokémon for a few minutes at most seperated by a period of days. With that sort of time for examination, it would be very difficult for anyone other than an expert on bug-type Pokémon to determine if the two were completely different and heading for an evolutionary divergeance.

pokemon man
14th May 2003, 07:30 AM
the same one you did the other one can you do a lot of them. ps what site did you go to to get them

Light_Togetic
14th May 2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by BenRG
Quite possibly not. Cascoon and Silcoon both look pretty similar IMHO. Furthermore, Jessie and May are only seeing the other's Pokémon for a few minutes at most seperated by a period of days. With that sort of time for examination, it would be very difficult for anyone other than an expert on bug-type Pokémon to determine if the two were completely different and heading for an evolutionary divergeance.

Good point. I agree. They do look very similar, so I guess Jessie wouldn't really notice anyway. Besides, it's not like she hangs out with "Team Twerp" a lot.;)

Nikku-San
14th May 2003, 05:43 PM
Yay, another double evolution! I guess this proves their evolution doesn't have to do with the time of day... Well, that's about all I have to say on it. ^^;;

Oh, and Hanada and anyone else here that knows me, sorry I haven't been posting a lot, really busy week with my Japanese lessons and working on my website and stuff. Gomennasai! ^^;;

Hanada Tattsu
15th May 2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Nikku-San
Oh, and Hanada and anyone else here that knows me, sorry I haven't been posting a lot, really busy week with my Japanese lessons and working on my website and stuff. Gomennasai! ^^;;

No problem! :)

Yeah, I wonder if Jessie will make May offers on trading her Dustox for her Beautifly.

I can't wait to see this episode.

God of Fire
15th May 2003, 01:01 PM
hmm something tells me that Jessie will be suprised that Cascoon evolved into Dustox but will pretend that she likes Dustox better when she really prefers Beautifly. Though I wonder what circumstance they will evolve under.

Hanada Tattsu
15th May 2003, 04:52 PM
I think and hope it will be during a beauty contest, but then if it was the title would be different.

God of Fire
17th May 2003, 10:02 AM
Yeah that would be nice to see them competing in a contest, though I can't see Silcoon or Cascoon winning anything though, lol. Though Beautifly could...

Hanada Tattsu
17th May 2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by God of Fire
Yeah that would be nice to see them competing in a contest, though I can't see Silcoon or Cascoon winning anything though, lol. Though Beautifly could...

Yeah, when another Pokemon is winning, they'll evolve and win the contest.