PDA

View Full Version : Saria's Tale (PG I think)

KRDC 03
10th May 2003, 07:33 PM
So long ago... was my home destroyed. Far away, was he sitting, laughing, cheering at the town that was now his. And now... now that I have moved away from that horrid, dirty place... he comes to haunt me, once more...

Chapter 1: The Happening

Saria ran and ran, but the dark figure persued her. Even though the fires lept high into the skies, the figure's face could never be seen. Screams echoed in the air itself, and the smell of burning flesh and buildings filled her nostrils, choking her. Laughing floated around the figure as easily as wind would a tree. Saria kept running, but her legs were burning from the distance which she ran. Her breath was ragged; her emotions primal and afraid.
Suddenly, a white light filled the area.
"What," asked the figure aloud as it stopped and looked to the source. A screech sounded, and the light in the distance came towards the both of them with blinding speed; Saria had to shield her eyes, because the light was so bright. Another screech sounded and it landed between the two other figures.
"You again? I thought I had taken disposed of you eariler... oh well. That doesn`t matter, because no matter what you do, Li`kir will come with me..." the black figure laughed his evil laugh as he pointed towards Saria. The black figure started changing shape, and it started streching out towards the bright light and Saria. A louder screech sounded once more as the black wrapped around the light, as well as around her. The darkness engulfed her, as much as she struggled and yelled, but to no help. She was taken in, and as far as she could see, her life was now over.

Neo-Xantios
10th May 2003, 08:52 PM
Fascinating. I wonder where this story takes place. From what I can tell, it has nothing to do with Pokémon, correct? It's very organized and surprising. I wish to see where this goes. ;)

Lady Vulpix
11th May 2003, 11:24 AM
Nice intro, though I think it was a bit too short. Who's Saria? Is she the sage from Zelda, or someone else with the same name? And who's her attacker?

Darien Shields
11th May 2003, 12:25 PM
Nice detail, although a tad short. I like it, it shows promise. Saria's a nice name too. Keep it up but try to make more substantial posts.

KRDC 03
11th May 2003, 12:32 PM
Saria jolted straight up from the bed, sweat beads covering her pale skin like dew drops on an early morning flower. She shook her head and wiped away the sweat, her dark hair cascading down her shoulders. "What a nightmare; why is it every night, these days," she asked herself as she rubbed her eyes.
Saria was a girl about fourteen or fifteen, (which, she couldn`t remeber) long dark hair, and wonderously bright green eyes. She had been on her own for about three years trying to learn all she could about the Pokémon world.
The morning came as easily as her nightmares did that early day. She was walking through some town, some where, that had many people, but to her surprise had very few Pokémon. She saw a man plowing a small plot of earth, and decided to ask him why.
"Sir, pardon me, but why are there no Pokémon in this town?"
"Wéll, naut many peepols `round he-er need `em," the obvisously country raised man leaned on his plow. "Oh... well alright. Thank you," Saria continued on, but something in the back of her mind told her to stay in this little town.

FIRE...

What..? The image of flames clouded her mind for a breif second, and she didn`t understand why. She shook her head once more, and continued down the path which she had been traveling.

FIRE...

A brighter image flashed inside of her mind yet again. Saria couldn`t ignore it anymore; she turned around and headed back towards the town.

Dark clouds filled the formerely light sky as flames danced as high as they could. Screams of people wrapped the air in a tight blanket as all that could be heard was the crackling of the flames and people, the putrid smell of burning buildings and flesh jarred her senses once more as her dream came crashing into reality.
Through the clouds of billowing smoke she could make out fire-type Pokémon; great fire lizards, speedy flamed foxes, and the like stormed the town, laughing, chuckling, and sneering at their new accomplishment. "Good, my legion, continue your duties! Soon we shall have the next town, and the next, and so forth until we find her," a farmiliar voice called out. "When you find her, signal to me, for I want her alive..." Saria's mind raced of thoughts to do, where to go.
Like her dream, she ran. Through fields, across a river, and down roads until she could no longer carry herself. Her Pokégear weighing heavily on her back, Saria fell under a large oak tree in the middle of a forest. She turned to see the sky, a cacophany of reds, oranges, and yellows. She was safe from danger, or so she thought.

KRDC 03
12th May 2003, 11:23 AM
Light... why is it so bright in here? Saria looked around at the brilliant crystaline walls that surrounded her. Why, and how did I get here? A world of rainbows was what she was sitting among, because the lights were always moving, always changing, and always growing brighter or dimmer. Saria stood up, looking at the walls, realizing that her reflection was clear and seemingly perfect, though she was not.
A squack from behind her made her jump, and Saria whirled around, only to have to shield her eyes. The light dimmed, showing the outline of a strange bird that looked as though it was electrified fire. "What are you, if I may inquire," Saria asked the great foul of fire and electricity. It looked at her, cocked its head back and forth a couple of time, looked at the top of the cavern, and spread its wings with another loud squak. "Well, at least you understand me..." Saria's face went red as her stomach rumbled loudly, churning and gurgling from the lack of food she had had this day. The bird screeched loudly and disappeared in a blast of blinding light. Saria was confused, hungery, and now she knew, was cold as well. She huddled herself un into a little ball and decided to go to sleep...

Saria blinked, looked around to her farmiliar surrounding of where she had previously run to, and stared into the red skies. The skies looked as though the were painted with sunlight and blood; this thought sent chills down her back. Why were they after me? Saria was confused as to why she was being hunted down like a fire fox in the middle of summer. She stood, knowing that if she sat in the same area for long, and at the rate at which those things, people, or whatever were trying to find her, she would never get away.
A cloak of blacks and blues was thrown over her semi-bare shoulders, and her hood pulled over her dark hair as she made her way down another unfarmiliar path. She thought of anything to get her mind away from what was following her. Home... Viridian City... Friends... Pokémon... Family... family... who... was my family? She knew no family. No mother, father, brothers, sisters, or even pets came to her mind as she thought of 'family'. Only stereotypical images of maternal and paternal figures bounced into her head.
Despite the strangeness of her thoughs, which she dismissed as being weird thoughts and gaps, she continued her treck through more towns, more streets, more fields, and more roads.
So you finally made your way to our little town, eh? Heh heh... better keep moving before HE finds you... heh heh heh...
"Who`s there?" She spun around once more, trying to find the source of the voice.
Really, you might not call me a 'who' or even a 'what', depending on what your perception of 'what' I am! Heh heh... heh....
"Why are you following me?"
Why shouldn`t I follow you? Your running away - well, not now - from him, he's following you, so why shouldn`t I do the very same?
Saria walked down the path, same direction she was heading, now ignoring the voice inside her.
Don`t you ever wonder about the reason why you can hear me? Or do you just think its something you humans naturally do?
She ingored it once again.
Fine... your choice... heh heh heh...
A faded purple blob with eyes, a sickening grin, and claws appeared infront of her, sticking its touge out going 'blooooooga blooga bloga!'

KRDC 03
13th May 2003, 08:20 PM
Saria looked at the ghosted Pokémon and blinked. Because she had stopped and leaned away from it, she now regained her former path and chose to ignore the ghost. Normal people would have jumped, ran away, or even screamed, but not you. You just stop, and act like NOTHING happened. Normal humans would normally be a lot more fun. "What is worng with being normal? I am as normal as the sky," replied Saria as she tried to contain her anger. Really, the sky above us? Interesting, because the sky is always changing. Have you ever seen a completely clear sky fore more than an eternity? Of course YOU haven`t. They sky is always changing, as you are. "What-ever; I don`t care anymore to hear your incecent babbling," Saria swatted a branch out of her way as she passed a tree, choosing to completely ignore the ghost-type Pokémon.That's fine by me, but what about the things following you? Are you going to tell them to 'leave you alone because you don`t like them treating you that way'? The ghost faded away into the stillness of the forest.
"Are you in league with them? If you are, tell me now, that way I can dispose of you instead of carrying on a wasteful conversation and using up my time," Saria said aloud to the ghost. Why would I be working with them? They did to me what they are going to do to you, or rather, what they plan to.
"Why are 'they' after me anyway?"
You don`t realize that you, of all people can talk with Pokémon, do you?
"Yes I do! How else do you think I could speak with you?"
But do you realize what an odd gift that is for a human??
"What?" She asked surprised.
Those, heh heh... 'things' that are coming for you, want you because you can speak with us. Many of us want to speak with humans, but simply can`t.
The forest itself, it seemed, to come alive with chatter, all different voices speaking to one another, even trying to speak with her. Saria stumbled, covering her ears with her hands, and cringing as she yelled for all of them to stop. As quickly as it all started, it calmed down.
"What was that?!"
For a human, you sure are stupid. I would think you wo-
"ANSWER MY QUESTION!" Saria was frustrated and had now stopped to yell at the ghost that wasn`t there.

Instead of the ghost's wispy voice, a darker one came out of the forest: "All of the Pokémon in forest know who you are... and they want to talk with you. They aren`t the only ones..." The sinister voice came from all around her, even from the inside of her deeper mind. "Who are you? Why are you hunting me?" Saria called out, turning constantly around and glancing different directions to keep safe watch on herself. A figure stepped from the forest; A teenage figure about fourteen or fifteen stepped forth, his dirty blonde hair accenting his brown, green, and yellow eyes. His attire wasn`t exactly strange, but wasn`t exactly normal for the time period. His hairline was covered by a navy blue bandanna, a black muscle shirt graced his well-toned chest, baggy cargo pants were over his legs. Though for all of the modern-day clothes, a matching cloak went with his bandanna, chainmail shirt covered his other one, silver individual finger gauntlets, and silver chain cuffs around his wrists.
He grinned, and replied, "My name is Rhys, and my purpose for, heh heh, 'hunting' you was I need you. You see, Li`kir, You are a valuable asset to me, as well as my 'company'. You can help, hurt, command even conqure Pokémon, if you devoloped your powers." Saria kept taking small steps backwards, and she found her chance to run once he finished his little speech; From the brush and bush, came more fire lizards and foxes. They all were branded on their foreheads with spiral tattos. "And were do you think you`re going? Away from me again? I don`t think so, Li`kir..."

KRDC 03
18th May 2003, 03:35 PM
Chapter 2: The Reasoning

Saria, knowning that she couldn`t escape, looked at Rhys and said, "But I am not 'Li`kir'. My name is Saria, and I don`t know the person you are talking about. You must have me mistaken for someone else."
"I couldn`t have mistaken you, ever, because you are the one who ruined my life," replied Rhys, emotionless expresstion pasted to his face, he continued never-the-less, "before you ask, let me explain to you why you can`t remember your family, or friends, or even the house you lived in. About three or four years ago, a girl named Li`kir stumbled into a labratory run by Giovanni; This lab was a place were I worked. I was about to turn twenty-eight that year, and I had finished college and had my PH.D. when this girl thought that she could tell me how to geneticly rewire Pokémon dioxribonnucleic acids. To tell the truth, the girl, even for her age, extremely intellegent in the field. Because she was one of the worker's daughter, she was permitted to enter the lab, especially because she wanted to work for Giovanni in the same field. When I was in the genetics storage facinity, she reprogramed the machine and accidentally made the machine explode, sending scrambled DNA frequencies to everything in the room. She killed five, and permantly injured dozens who work in that lab, myself included; I am now permanantly fourteen again."
"That doesn`t explain why I am involved in this if the girl named 'Li`kir' was the one who ruined your life, not me," Saria said, missing the obvisous. "Your such a stupid girl..." The voice that came wasn`t entirely Rhys' or entirely the ghost's. The mixed ad twisted to form a weird voice that would make your skin crawl because it was so dark and sinister. "Li`kir was also blasted with those rays; as a result, she was sent into a coma for three months, and her family basicly abandoned her. When she awoke, a nurse mistook her for a different patient in the hospital she was being treated in. The other patient's name was Saria. She had died early that morning, and the nurse hadn`t been told... Welcome back, Li`kir... or should I call you 'Saria'? Heh heh heh..."
"What do I do now? I know nothing about myself, and how am I to run, when there is no place for me to run to? What reason for me is there to continue on?" Saria blinked as tears as how much she didn`t have, impacted her small world. She starred up at Rhys, and he grinned back. "I can give you a life, instead of the measly, pathetic existance you have now. I can forgive you, if you work with my company... Why would I do such a thing? There are two reasons I have: the first being my fa- boss doesn`t want you dead, and secondly, I am truely not as cold-hearted as you think. Besides, your abilities could be somewhat helpful.
"But first, I must handle a little matter before you wake..." Before Saria could even question his comment, her body was lying limp, unconcious apon the hard, cold ground.

Wake up... please... you can`t have been hit that hard... Something lightly slapped Saria's cheek, trying to arouse her to awakening. Slowly, Saria's eyes opened, to see a guy around a year to three older than she leaning over her. He had white hair dispite his age, and his eyes were a very dim blue.
"Who are you? Where am I? Why does my head feel like a cracked coconut?" Saria asked holding a hand to her head as she sat up. Though she didn`t realize it, the man answered without using his mouth, That is because you were knocked out by Rhys. As far as my name, I am Ra`ion, and you are at Team Rocket Headquaters. This place... is.... where......... His words drifted into the background of her mind as other words filled her eyes.
Don`t listen to him... he known not really of this place... you`ve been here before... go on your own... go see him... you know what you must do...
"What must I do...?" Saria thought to herself.
Knives... blood... blades... take... command... rule... destiny is your to shape, so take hold and mold it... NOW...