PDA

View Full Version : Poll Time! Movies?

ironchefechidna
11th May 2003, 01:59 AM
Two Parter:

1. Do you prefer watching a movie at home on vhs/dvd, or do you prefer seeing it at a theater on the larger screen, but with more people?

2. Which movie really took your breath away when you saw it for the first time?

My answers!
1-Big screen, of course. My friend's dad set up a small movie theater in his backyard once, used pvc pip, parachutes,movie screen, and a movie projector. It only lasted a week due to weather.

2-Bowling for Columbine, the only documentary I've seen in theaters. I had heard nothing about the film before my dad took me to see it. Also, I had the pleasure of seeing Lawrence of Arabia at the Stanford Movie Theater (it only shows films from 1965, back to before there was sound in movies).

Pichu
11th May 2003, 02:14 AM
At home. Got sound systems...big TV...privacy... no line-ups...etc.

~Face/Off (old movie, but is very, very good.)
~Braveheart
~many others.

Becca of Team Rocket
11th May 2003, 04:54 AM
1. It depends on the movie and how much cash I have.

2. Lord of the Rings, The Princess Bride, and Spirited Away

Lezta
11th May 2003, 08:38 AM
1) At home. No annoying people who talk. There is always SOMEONE who talks. >< Usually sitting right behind me.

2) Star Trek: Nemesis.

Ramming = pretty.

dr._samurai
11th May 2003, 09:32 AM
i dont like the theatres. i prefer sitting at home with my own popcorn. i really like the graduate when i finished seeing it. but thats about all i can think of.

Deus Mortuorum
11th May 2003, 10:09 AM
1. Theater/large screen with other people.
2. Black Hawk Down.

Ginger Cat
11th May 2003, 11:30 AM
1) A theater, o' course. :) More people can make it interesting... Especially when they have the same sense of humor. Eh heh...

2) A Beautiful Mind! God, I love that movie... The Two Towers, Chamber of Secrets (memories of my cousin and I drooling over our separate Malfoys... cheering for Lucius and Sev..., X@ (eeeeee...)... And the war scene in Pearl Harbor, with the bombs--that was really the only scene in that one, though.

ironchefechidna
11th May 2003, 11:39 AM
How could I have forgotten A Beautiful Mind? It has to be added to my list, holy crap it was a good film!

UmbreonCurse
11th May 2003, 02:15 PM
1: at the theater, I see movies at the matenee when almost nobody is there (usually I'm the only one there) you get in the efftect much better

2: Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Dragonheart

OpOp32
11th May 2003, 02:55 PM
Definetely at home. I have a nice large tv with a DVD system and speakers my dad set up around the room allowing for full blasted surround sound. And plus, the best thing is u can still eat all the food there and if u need to take a potty break, u wont miss anything if u just hit the pause button.

Beautiful Mind - Definetely. It wuz so bizarre it just has u sitting there goin "Wow"
Lord of the Rings - Great movie...period.
X2 - I have a thing for action movies and great ones like these make me leave feeling good.
Black Hawk Down - I dont like war movies very much but I did like this one A LOT.
Castaway - Excellently done film.

Crystal Mew
11th May 2003, 06:14 PM
1. I prefer to see them in theaters ^_^ my house is boring....going to the theaters when you can see it on a giant screen with people, lol

2. Lord of The Rings, and the Two Towers. And no, its not because Legolas was in the movie -_-; *glares at all the ones who thought that* I actually am into the storyline and everything...
I also *LOVED* Spirited Away

DarkTemplarZ
11th May 2003, 07:35 PM
1) I like in the theater, it's more fun with the huge screen, the realistic sound, and people around.

2) Braveheart, the end is so peachy tho.
Star Trek Nemesis, it was amazing.
Episode II was great
X2 was cool
Bean, Little Nicky, Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, Rat Race, just about all the funny movies too