PDA

View Full Version : Outrageous Fortunes

Hanada Tattsu
11th May 2003, 08:25 AM
Outrageous Fortunes

You know, I really liked the plot of this episode. Seeing Poliwrath again is always a pleasure, and character development (well, a little) for Misty was good. DeLancey was kinda monotone, but it's all right, I didn't care about him at all. Team Rocket's fortune costume was delirious, I loved it, as well as Jessie's disguise voice. Team Rocket, as always, were killer.

The one thing I hated was Politoed. I don't know why, but it gets on my and Misty's nerves. It always dances, and soon, it gets even more annoying. I thought it would be a strong battler, but apparently not.

My Rating: 5/10

Entropy
11th May 2003, 10:03 AM
I didn't like Delaney either. His voice reminds me of the constant other characters his voice must have been used for in the anime. 4Kids needs more voice actors/actresses.

I found it hilarious how Jessie was made to battle like that. Much more entertaining that the last or so dozen Johto episodes...God, I can't wait until the Tourney comes up. I don't mind Politoed that much...Hanada, if you get annoyed that much, you should hear him in the Japanes version. Simply funny!

Bacl
11th May 2003, 06:00 PM
I liked that they are at least paying a little more attention to how Pokemon evolve. How many times have we seen evolution-stone-pokemon evolve from experiance...or worse...after they LOOSE a battle. :rolleyes:

Technically Misty should have traded her Kings Rock wearing Poliwhirl and then traded back, but at least it had the rock.

That said this was an alright episode. I like it when Team Rocket tries to do something other than just catch Pikachu. I also thought it was funny when Meowth said "Jessie, I choose you!" and used that machine to force Jessie to fight like a Pokemon. I was cracking up when James got his hands on the controlls.

And I agree with Meowth.
James should use that machine on Victreebel.

Is it just me, or is Johto taking forever to wrap up. Seems about as long as Kanto and Orange Islands combined. Not neccesarily a bad thing. Just an observation.

Hanada Tattsu
11th May 2003, 08:25 PM
Well, Entropy, Politoed does indeed rule in the original.

I just thought its voice was abnoxious and not fitting to its personality, that's all.

Chris 2.1
12th May 2003, 01:45 PM
LOL! Politoad, IMHO, is kewl. I hope he's good in the anime, because I think he's great! Anyway, Hanada, were you referring to the cheerleading episode? There's ANOTHER 'Toad in it, and POLITOAD learns some new cheerleading moves.....*sigh*

PAK Man
12th May 2003, 04:34 PM
I really liked this episode. One of Misty's Pokemon evolved, which is something we don't see much (as a matter of fact, Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Politoed is the only Pokemon of hers that actually did evolve). We got to see Ash use Phanpy again, and I really liked the part when that machine was attached to Jessie. There were some things I didn't like about the episode, though. Poliwrath's voice was inconsistant with previous episodes, and when Misty sent out Corsola, it was in a PokeBall instead of a Lure Ball. Politoed's voice is a little weird, but I guess we'll have to get used to it. Other than that, it was a good episode. I gave it a 9/10.

Hanada Tattsu
12th May 2003, 05:36 PM
Yeah, what gets me mad is that Misty uses Politoed a lot from now on, it becomes her main Pokemon, kinda like Starmie was in the Indigo episodes.

That makes me mad, since I can't put up with its voice for too much longer.

Entropy
12th May 2003, 06:38 PM
You have a special feature on your own television, should this situation arise, believe it or not.

With your remote control, or on your set itself, there are 2 buttons which should control volume levels. Make sure you press and HOLD the volume DOWN button and voila!: no more annoying Politoed voice.

Hanada Tattsu
12th May 2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Entropy
You have a special feature on your own television, should this situation arise, believe it or not.

With your remote control, or on your set itself, there are 2 buttons which should control volume levels. Make sure you press and HOLD the volume DOWN button and voila!: no more annoying Politoed voice.

LOL, that was funny.

Hopefully, it was just a one time thing. Next time, Politoed will have a better voice.

Pidgeot018
13th May 2003, 10:15 AM
Does anyone who has seen this episode in Japanese know if the Enlish version was edited, because twice Poliwrath slapped Jessie, but it wasn't shown, instead showing stars and stuff. Sorta like The Song of Jiglypuff.

And MAN, those watertower ads they have during the show are really starting to tick me off.

Nikku-San
13th May 2003, 03:03 PM
How so was it annoying? I haven't seen it yet... I just hope it's not REALLY annoying.

Hanada Tattsu
13th May 2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Pidgeot018
Does anyone who has seen this episode in Japanese know if the Enlish version was edited, because twice Poliwrath slapped Jessie, but it wasn't shown, instead showing stars and stuff. Sorta like The Song of Jiglypuff.

And MAN, those watertower ads they have during the show are really starting to tick me off.

I think it was edited, I don't remember that well, but I think it is. I don't see what's so bad about that. Oh well...

Pidgeot018
13th May 2003, 06:23 PM
Probably because she's female and Kids' WB censors fear that kids who watch it may grow up to abuse their spouces. Blech, never let a television network do a parent's job.

Hanada Tattsu
13th May 2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Pidgeot018
Probably because she's female and Kids' WB censors fear that kids who watch it may grow up to abuse their spouces. Blech, never let a television network do a parent's job.

*sob*

How can a kids show make a lasting impact on children's lives? A Poliwrath slapping Jessie will brainwash kids into beating their wives or husbands?