PDA

View Full Version : Partner questions

AKA Pokemon Fan
15th December 2002, 05:38 PM
I looked back three pages and couldn't find a topic on this. Anyway I know that in two vs. two battles you can use moves like Swagger on your partner, but what about moves like Build up and Sword's Dance? In other words what are the moves you can use on your partner and what are the ones you can't?

Oddish17
15th December 2002, 06:29 PM
Any move that you can use on your opponent, you can use on your partner. That's why Swagger works, it's an attack you use on your opponent.

Moves that only work on yourself, won't work on your partner. Build Up, Sword's Dance, Defense Curl, Etc. These only work on the pokemon using it.

AKA Pokemon Fan
15th December 2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Oddish17
Any move that you can use on your opponent, you can use on your partner. That's why Swagger works, it's an attack you use on your opponent.

Moves that only work on yourself, won't work on your partner. Build Up, Sword's Dance, Defense Curl, Etc. These only work on the pokemon using it.

Thanks a ton. It's a bit disappointing though since there are so few moves that increase an opponents stats. Still using Swagger on a partner with average Attack still holds many possibilities, especially if it is holding a Bitter Berry (assuming they exist in RS) or it possesses a Characteristic that keeps it from getting confused. And maybe one of those attacks that haven't been translated, of their effect identified, yet will be a Special Attack version of Swagger.

AKA Pokemon Fan
16th December 2002, 09:31 PM
So now, does anyone know what moves protect or effect both you and your partner in battle, and/or what moves effect both opponents (besides Earthquake and Surf). For instance would Barrier or Reflect protect both you and your partner?

Oddish17
16th December 2002, 09:37 PM
I would assume Barrier only works for the pokemon that used it. It raises your pokemon's defense stat one level, so I doubt it would work for your partner pokemon also. Reflect I don't know about, it may actually be used for both your pokemon, since it works differently than Barrier. Same goes for Light Screen.

I do know Screech affects both opposing pokemon. Could be handy in a 2v2, reducing both of the other pokemons defense by two levels. That's the only other move I know that affects both pokemon, besides the ones you listed.