PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Online???

Scizor Master
15th December 2002, 06:45 PM
I was checking out Gamers.com the other day when I noticed this article http://www.gamers.com/news/1282743 .Now obviously if you read the article, you would realize that there is no concrete proof, and it is just speculation. However, this guy seems pretty convinced, and seems like he would know what he's talking about. Perhaps this is the way we've been searching for to get the old Pokes, something to do with this game maybe. All I know is, if this is true, you'll NEVER get my butt of the couch, I'll be officialy addicted to this game.Post your thoughts.

Oddish17
15th December 2002, 06:58 PM
Rumors have started circulating that the killer GameCube online app IS actually in the works, but there's a chance we won't see it until at least this time next year. Let's face it, if that's the timeline, what good is it?

If that's true, well that's pathetic. I doubt Pokemon will be nearly as popular in one year.

I'm not excited about this at all. If I want to battle people online, there's already free programs to satiate my desires. Other then that, I don't see how much more they could do with Pokemon Online.

Scizor Master
16th December 2002, 11:58 AM
I agree somewhat, that this is a stupid move for Nintendo. If this is truly the"megaton" announcement they've been talking about, that's not very good. I'd call a fairly large announcement, because by the time this game comes out, how popular will Pokemon still be? However, whether or not Pokemon is still popular, I'll still play the games till they stop making them. Why go with the crowd? Do what you like to do, I say.

Vega
16th December 2002, 12:16 PM
Pokemon online? this could be beneficial in some ways, ppl, could trade easier. and you could battle with ppl just like on Netbattle/GSBot. it would be kinda interesting tho.

Shadowfax
16th December 2002, 12:19 PM
imagine, pokémon stadium online ;x

if your not excited about that, then what do you want?

XF Legendz
16th December 2002, 12:39 PM
Nice. It'll be fun walking around a 3-D world, running into extreme n00bs that suddenly pull out 5 mewtwos and a kyogre. Still seems like an awesome idea. XF really doesn't care if it's popular. As long as it's online, XF is all for it.

Hyperworm
16th December 2002, 02:19 PM
Waiting for official confirmation. This is awesome if it's true, but I'm unsure.

Lol @ XF's n00b remark :D

Scizor Master
16th December 2002, 03:19 PM
imagine, pokémon stadium online ;x

if your not excited about that, then what do you want?

I agree, you can't get any better than that as far as Pokemon video games go, although I'm not sure it's suppposed to be a Stadium type game.

Nice. It'll be fun walking around a 3-D world, running into extreme n00bs that suddenly pull out 5 mewtwos and a kyogre.

That might be the most fun part of all:yes: