Syberia
11th May 2003, 09:57 PM
Title explains it all.

Thingies:
3 on 3
DQ: When pigs fly...
I'll choose first
You attack first
Arena: Just plain old everyday Indigo Stadium. With one exception - it's contained within a giant forcefield, on the moon.
Ref: Preferrably a human being, although if all I can get is an Elf, that'll do I suppose.

To begin this... Smaug, GO!

*Male Charizard roars impatiently*

Smaug: Thank god you've finally let me out of this pokeball.

Styx: *snickers* At least he's stopped trying to keep me in one of those things :p

Cyrus
11th May 2003, 10:08 PM
Why not...

Matching Dragon vs. Dragon, I select my male Dragonite Dracon.

Dracon, start off with a safeguard to ward off any initial status effects that are so predominante. Follow through with toxic. Finish with a Razor wind. Swift if your aim is ever in question.

SneaselReborned
12th May 2003, 08:34 PM
I will ref this match. However, I can't deal with that crappy Indigo. Here is my arena:

The Big White

Basically, all nothing. Have you seen the time chamber in DBZ? Like that, same elevated gravity, same stuff, same complete black. Attacks like Surf or Rock Slide will be pointless here, as there is nothing for billions of miles.

Also, I will elevate dmg by 1.5 times, ok.

Cyrus
12th May 2003, 09:00 PM
1.5 damage is fine, but you have simply inverted the dynamics of the arena. Instead of the low gravity that would make flight easier and less stressful you have increased gravity to the point that flight by either party is impossible. I would prefer the arena as it was originally stated, or an adaption with similar qualities. Low gravity, no specific benefits for any one type (no water/ rocks/ no pools of fire, etc.

Syberia
12th May 2003, 10:57 PM
Your first battle and you've already managed to get yourself up against another Dragon-type... this shall be interesting indeed, Smaug. He wants to defend himself from your status effects, so you might as well defend yourself from his as well. Set up a medium-sized Substitute to help you.

Now, with its safety, I want you to unleash Renzokuken on your foe!

Smaug: *blank stare* Uhh, what's that? It's not like I've ever battled before, you know.

I'm beginning to realize that with every new question you ask. Anyways, it's just a simple combo... I want you to use Ember to superheat your Iron Tail (I've seen something similar done in... whatever the episode Ash fights Koga in is called), and then just slam it into your opponent's body as hard as you can.

Substitute~Renzokuken

SneaselReborned
13th May 2003, 07:22 PM
Actually, it wasn't low gravity. It was a controlled lunar environment, so nyah nyah.

Why, o WHY does Substitute have to be used in EVERY SINGLE FRIKKIN BATTLE!!! Too bad I change Sub's description to make it not overpowerful~_~.

Round One

Pre-Battle Status
Smaug (Charizard M) HP 100% Energy 100% Condition Pepperminty fresh

Dracon (Dragonite M) HP 100% Energy 100% Condition Minty fresh

Arena Status Lunar arena, controlled environment, Indigo Stadium

Two shadowy figures approach a small sphere on the ground. One taps the figure, and it pops, revealing a large pod. The trainers get it, and then the pod disappears.

That exact pod reappears on a rocky, craggy surface covered by a grayish hemisphere with electricity surging around it. The pod opens up, and the two shadowy figures walk to two sides of the forcefield protected arena. The forcefield surges with electricity, and both combatants take out three small little spheres. One trainer's name is Syberia, and the other is Cyrus. One is a master approver, and the other is a master ref! Who will win? Nobody knows.

Syberia starts off, and tightens his grip on the first pokeball. It gets bigger in his hand, and he tosses it onto the surface. It opens up, revealing a large orange demon, Smaug. Cyrus smiles, and quickly squeezes a pokeball, it at also gets bigger. He throws it into the arena and it reveals a white demon with tiny wings, Dracon. The two pokemon stare each other down, and the trainers issue commands.

Trainer Issued Commands

Smaug - Substitute ~ Renzokuken

Dracon - Safeguard ~ Toxic ~ Razor Wind

BATTLE

Both pokemon stare each other down for awhile, deciding when to make their move. They both know that the other is a mighty dragon, but who is more mighty? Dracon has the movepool advantage, but Smaug is easily able to pull of quick and ebil attacks. Don't even talk to me about my GLT R2 match with ASHarris. Eeebbbbillll@_@!

Smaug decides to start first, and he opens his mouth. Dracon things nothing of this, and just smiles happily. However, he is focusing as well. Suddenly, a huge flash is emitted from Smaug's mouth, and Dracon is taken aback. When he vision comes back, he sees Smaug with a smile, but Dracon cannot figure out what happened. Anyway, it doesn't matter, and suddenly stars appear out of nowhere, and they start spinning around Dracon. The dissolve into the air, and then the thicky air stuff sticks onto Dracon. He smiles, and knows he is safe.

Smaug, now under the protection of the substitute, starts to develop a little flame in his mouth, though unseen to the evil Dracon. Dracon smiles, but then he feels a little indigention. He decides to use the puking body fluids to induce pain onto Smaug, who seems to peaceful. Angrily Dracon spits out a blob of puke from his mouth, but it just smacks Smaug and drips down onto the floor, almost unnaturally. However, Dracon doesn't suspect anything, and he just gets ready for Smaug's assault. But none comes.

Smaug now has a goodsized fireball in his mouth. He focuses, and his tail starts to develop a bronze tint. And then, his entire tail turns silvery and he smiles. It is time for the Rezokuken. Smaug looks at his opponent, and calculates his distance. He knows he has one shot to destroy Dracon. Dracon, on the other hand, starts to gently float up into the sky with its wings, and now it is at a comfortable height. Suddenly, Dracon's wings start flapping like crazy, and a little mini-tornado develops in front of him. The tornado gets faster, and Dracon hurls it at Smaug, who is picked up in the tornado and tossed to the forcefield. Smaug smacks into the forcefield, but then gets up slowly, and stands at the ready. And now, the real Smaug snickers. He casts his flame upon his tail, and looks at Dracon, who now is on the ground. Smaug winces as his tail is burning, but then he launches himself at Dracon, who cannot see a thing. Within two feet of Dracon, Smaug must reveal himself. Dracon is startled, but has no time to react. Smaug's fiery and hotmetal tail crashes into Dracon, who is thrown back with so much force that he crashes into the forcefield and slumps down, apparently hurt. The forcefield releases a surge of energy, and Dracon is shocked back. Looking at Smaug, now Dracon sees two. How? Dracon questions this, but cannot decide which is which. But at least he has a 50/50 chance...

Post-Battle Status

Smaug (Charizard M) HP 77% Energy 89% Condition A little tired, tail charred, happy, substitute revealed, but still two Smaugs

Dracon (Dragonite M) HP 87% Energy 94% Condition Hurting, charred, wondering which Smaug is real, Safeguard active (6 more actions)

Syberia
14th May 2003, 06:20 PM
So, you've decided to use Indigo Stadium after all. Btw, fast reffing ^_^

Not bad for your first round of battle ever, Smaug. I was hoping you'd simply flare up your tail flame a bit with Ember, but we can't have everything now, can we? You're still doing great.

I want you to begin with a combination of Roar and Scary Face; show him the true ferocity a dragon can unleash. While he's hopefully taken aback by this, I want you to take the opportunity to blast him with your strongest Dragon Rage!

Roar + Scary Face~Dragon Rage

Cyrus
16th May 2003, 12:42 PM
A fine start Dracon. Your psuedodraconic opponent intends to illustrate to you the ferocity of dragon kind. Raise a nearly impenetrable barrier between you and your opponent, it shouldn’t be overly stressful to block reflected light and a little sound. Having hopefully prevented the total effects of your opponent’s combo, launch a barrage or two of swift until your left with only one opponent. If you have a chance once you’re down to one opponent, level a beam of bubbles at him.

(Protect ~ swift ~ swift/bubble beam)

SneaselReborned
17th May 2003, 11:24 AM
Cyrus, Protect blocks attacks, it does not block sound and sight...ah well, there's one wasted protect. Sorry, my randomizer isn't working right now, so the battle will have to work with just ref's knowledge. If my randomizer starts working, then I'll notify you guys again.

Round Two
Syberia vs Cyrus

Pre-Battle Status
Smaug (Charizard M) HP 77% Energy 89% Condition A little tired, tail charred, happy, substitute revealed, but still two Smaugs

Dracon (Dragonite M) HP 87% Energy 94% Condition Hurting, charred, wondering which Smaug is real, Safeguard active (6 more actions)

So, at the moment, it seems that Dracon has an easy addvantage, but that could change very soon. He only has a 50/50 chance of even hittin Smaug, and with that, he must destroy the substitute! The situations looks grim for Dracon, and Smaug is ready to make it worse.

So, in this pseudo-dragon against dragon match, we'll see who is actually stronger: Charizard or Dragonite? Oh, and I've added a name to the Scary Face + Roar combo.

Trainer Issued Commands

Smaug - Draconic Fury ~ Dragon Rage

Dracon - Protect ~ Swift ~ Swift

By the look of the commands, Dracon's trainer is in a bad position. He is forcing his pokemon to create the ever-stressful protect shield, plus it will be wasted! Smaug is going to have a party today!

BATTLE

Dracon smirks, and suddenly he closes his eyes, as if going into a strange trance. Suddenly, 3 stars appear next to him, and they start to fly around in a circular pattern. Dracon grins, and suddenly they become transparent, and they form a transparent shield in front of Dracon. Smaug doesn't really mind this, and suddenly, he begins to acknowledge his great past, with the draconic beasts he once called father.

Suddenly, the sky turns black, and Smaug begins to unleash a fury. A huge dark face appears in the sky, and flies down towards Dracon, who is already on edge by the darkening sky. Smaug roars, and Dracon jumps. The evil face is coming from Smaug. Smaug jumps at Dracon and roars again. Dracon jumps backwards, very afraid, and lays on the ground in a nervous breakdown. The sky turns normal again (hmph, more like the forcefield), and Dracon is still on the floor, frightened to death.

Smaug grins, and looks at the pathetic attempt for a dragon. laughing, he focuses his energy while Dracon starts to slowly get up. And then, huge flames erupt out of the lunar ground around Dracon. Looking around, Dracon sees a wall of flames around him. Both Smaugs smiles, and the walls begin to close in. And then, suddenly, both Smaugs open their mouth and huge beam of red energy flies out. All the walls and the beam clash together around Draocn at the same time, and he goes flying. The pathetic attempt at a powerful dragon has been hurt badly, and he slowly gets up, too scared and hurt to try to conjure up an attack.

Post-Battle Status
Smaug (Charizard M) HP 77% Energy 80% Condition Two Smaugs, smiling at good luck, laughing at the puny wimpy dragon
Dracon (Dragonite M) HP 79% Energy 85% Condition Scared, hurt, Safeguard active (3 more actions)

Arena Status Lunar arena, controlled environment, Indigo Stadium, huge holes in ground where jets of flame erupted from

Cyrus
18th May 2003, 04:09 PM
If protect prevents the effects of sonic boom, how wouldn't it prevent Roar? It can prevent a hyperbeam but not the sight of a scary face? If it can't be penatrated by extremely powerful attacks, how are basic effects able to penatrate a barrier?

Syberia
18th May 2003, 04:16 PM
I believe he said Protect prevents actual harm. That is, it would save Dragonite from any physical harm caused by the rapid compression and vibration of air molecules caused by Sonicboom, but it would still hear a rather unpleasant bang as a result.

Cyrus
18th May 2003, 04:25 PM
Detect or endure could be explained as such, but protect is an actually physical barrier. As such, if it can prevent the effects of sonic boom it would logically prevent the effects of roar. The barrier, an impediment for a fist would, would block the light wave as well.

SneaselReborned
18th May 2003, 05:26 PM
Cyrus, I understand why you feel the urge to complain, but Protect is just a simple Barrier. In front of you. Sound vibrates around stuff. Think of it likes this:

I put up a metal sheet in front of me. You scream at the top of your lungs. Can I still hear you? Of course.

In my reffings, Protect is a transparent shield, so Dracon could still SEE Smaug becoming evil. He was only protected from physical harm, ya get it?

Cyrus
19th May 2003, 01:51 PM
I see what you’re saying, but your ignoring rather basic physics. Everything is physical. Light is physical, the mass is extremely low but it is physical. Sound is physical vibrations. The effects of both Scary Face and Roar had negative physical effects on my Dragonite. I can explain the reaction sparked in the nervous system if you like, but the effects generated by both moves generated a number of negative effects within the body in an attempt to handle a situation that was considered hazardous. Your analogy to a steel barrier is flawed, if the steel barrier can prevent you from experiencing the effects of a sonic boom, a trait that protect generates, would prevent you from hearing the scream regardless of its volume.

On another note, for balance reasons it should have functioned. By your statement, Syberia preformed a combo that is unstoppable. Not only is it unstoppable but also its effect prevents the opponent from attacking successfully for a round and continues to effect the subject. You generated that effect without a randomizer, implying that this is how you feel the combo should work. Covering his ears apparently would have had no effect based on your analogy of the steel barrier. Closing his eyes would have generated an unknown variable, protect by the standard set forth on the attack list would have prevented the effects of both psychological attacks. The purpose of the attack list to standardize how things work to prevent ‘referee interpretation’ from generating an unfair advantage for one person due to how particular moves are handled. I wouldn’t be arguing if the likely hood that this effect would continue as it stands would lead my dragonite to fainting without performing another move.

SneaselReborned
19th May 2003, 06:16 PM
Yes, that is quite a useful combo, yet it is not perfect. Repeated use of it would not strike fear into the opponent. Also, it wastes two actions, so only 1 attack can be performed.

Also, Protect is not godly. And never assume that it is godly, ok? It is just a barrier. It blocks off Energy-lowering attacks and HP-lowering attacks. That's all.

Now, more on the "fairness" issue. Sure, it can give you one free attack, but it also raises your fatigue and using it more than once would be quite stupid, as the enemy would not be afraid, they would have seen the attack before. So, as it stands, it may be able to block out a little bit of incoming damage, but really its only one free attack and all the opponent has to do to avoid it is to "cover ears" and boom, the entire attack is useless, and you have 2 free attacks in which the opponent will just be doing nothing. Good situation for you, bad for your opponent. Instead of using protect, if you had used a simple cover ears command, then your Dragonite would have done exactly what you had wanted.

And now, that is that on this matter. Post attacks and do your business and I will ref.

Have a good day.

Syberia
19th May 2003, 06:31 PM
Face it, Cyrus, I doubt you are going to win this little argument. What's happened is done, so can you please just post your attacks instead of endlessly dragging it on and on?

Cyrus
19th May 2003, 06:36 PM
A barrier of steel wouldn't prevent roar but two meaty paws would? I lost two attacks, not one and my Dragonite is still 'scared'

Alright Dracon, we are at a disadvatage here. If your able to stop wetting yourself in fear, Bubblebeam both of your opponents. Swift as nessacary. If blocking a sensory node will be effective, by all means do so.

SneaselReborned
19th May 2003, 06:38 PM
Thank you Cyrus.

You realize that the steel barrier is just in front of your face, and the paws are actually on your ears?

If not, then realize. If so, thank you.

Sorry for causing you trouble.

Syberia
19th May 2003, 11:09 PM
I'd like to see him strike you with his bubbles through a wall of flame; surround him with a blazing Fire Spin at your earliest opportunity.

Next is when we really start to hurt him. I want you to Slash his wings, or Bite them if you would prefer. Never heard of a bird that can still fly once you've clipped his wings a bit.

Finally, now that he's hopefully grounded, finish with a Rock Slide. If not, continue with another Slash to hopefully finish the job.

Fire Spin~Slash/Bite~Rock Slide/Slash

SneaselReborned
23rd May 2003, 07:15 PM
Whoops forgot about this match for a minute! Sorry guys, I'll pay you back somehow someday...

Round Three
The Pendragon vs. 00 Agent

Pre-Battle Status
Smaug (Charizard M) HP 77% Energy 80% Condition Two Smaugs, smiling at good luck, laughing at the puny wimpy dragon

Dracon (Dragonite M) HP 79% Energy 85% Condition Scared, hurt, Safeguard active (3 more actions)

Arena Status Lunar arena, controlled environment, Indigo Stadium, huge holes in ground where jets of flame erupted from

Smaug laughs, and looks at his opponent. Dracon is slowly recovering from the nightmarish attack, and now has regained his composure. Like a proud dragon, he chuckles as if nothing happened and puts on a game face. However, he knows he was in major trouble.

Smaug is still not above by all medical standards, but that can quickly change if Cyrus slips up again with his commands.

Trainer Issued Commands

Smaug - Fire Spin ~ Slash/Bite ~ Rock Slide/Slash

Dracon - Bubblebeam, Swift, or cover ears as necessary

BATTLE

Dracon starts off quickly, and he starts to conjure a quick bubble blast withing his mouth. He is still standing in the middle of the huge fire-rupture holes, and Smaug laughs. Blocking the bubbles will be easy. He focuses, and the flames below the ground start to flare up a little. And then, Dracon gets ready to spit his bubbles out. Smaug snickers, and suddenly huge jets of fire fly out of the holes, and Dracon falls backwards, shooting his bubbles at the wall of fire. Unfortunately, they quickly pop and the fire charrs Dracon a little before settling down.

Mad, Dracon glares. Its time to put the wet on this piece of crap oversized Charmeleon with wings. Quick Dracon fires another round of bubble bombs at Smaug. Having nothing to block this, Smaug takes the hit head on, and runs at Dracon with his head low. He raises his hand, and then changes his mind. Right near Dracon, he takes his sharp fangs and bites down on the big dragon's wings. Dracon cries in pain and huge amounts of blood rain out of the rupture. Dracon glares, and spits. Smaug just laughs.

Smaug starts to focus, and a strange power is imbued in him. Dracon, on the other hand, spurts out another quick stream out bubble bombs, which anger Smaug but do not break his concentration. Focusing even more, and rocks around his start to move a little. Then, suddenly, many of the rocks on the craggy surface fly towards Dracon, who is smashed by them and mashed to the ground. Dracon slowly gets out of his rocky covering and glares at Smaug.

Post-Battle Status
Smaug (Charizard M) HP 71% Energy 72% Condition Two Smaugs, smiling at good luck

Dracon (Dragonite M) HP 67% Energy 74% Condition Safeguard inactive, wing bleeding furiously, in pain, under slight cover of rocks

Cyrus
23rd May 2003, 07:17 PM
2 questions: Where do the rocks come from and how is safeguard inactive?

Thanks for reffing.

SneaselReborned
23rd May 2003, 07:19 PM
I've been doing a countdown for the duration of safeguard, and the turns ended, so now its inactive.

And this is the moon. Moon rocks, etc.

Cyrus
23rd May 2003, 07:27 PM
It is on the moon but it is also Indigo Stadium contained within a force field. Indigo Stadium is devoid of rocks to launch at ones opponents, or that is how I have seen it in the anime and others handle it.

SneaselReborned
23rd May 2003, 07:36 PM
The way I interpreted the arena was that Indigo Stadium was the basis of the design, but it was a lunar environment of course.

Therefore, everything was lunar-ish, and it had rocks and stuff.

Cyrus
23rd May 2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Syberia
Title explains it all.

[b]Thingies:
3 on 3
DQ: When pigs fly...
I'll choose first
You attack first
Arena: Just plain old everyday Indigo Stadium. With one exception - it's contained within a giant forcefield, on the moon.
Ref: Preferrably a human being, although if all I can get is an Elf, that'll do I suppose.

meh

SneaselReborned
23rd May 2003, 07:42 PM
Meh, so sue me for interpreting it like it did. Deal with it. There are rocks now;).

Syberia
23rd May 2003, 10:27 PM
Excellent, Smaug, you've done exactly what I have asked of you. Now that he'll have trouble flying, I want you to press the advantage. For the time being, keep your distance and hit him with a few Earthquakes. If, by some chance, he can still fly, adjust your plans a bit and strike him down with a couple shots of Dragonbreath instead. But, if at any time he tries to hit you with electricity, quickly Double Team to avoid it.

Oh, and Sneasel, Smaug is a Charizard, not a Charmeleon ^_^;

Smaug: ROAR! (translation: Damn right I am, and don't you forget it!)

Earthquake/Dragonbreath/Double Team~Earthquake/Dragonbreath/Double Team~Earthquake/Dragonbreath/Double Team

Cyrus
24th May 2003, 06:56 PM
I hate doing this... 2 quick questions, how do you handle thunderwave and is the gravity eqaul to that on the moon?

SneaselReborned
24th May 2003, 07:07 PM
Fine, fine.

Thunder Wave = restricts bodily movement such as Slashes, Bites, etc. Directly targetting a certain area can restrict movement even more (i.e. Thunder Wave his wings!)

The gravity is the same as the earth. The forcefield controls that.

Cyrus
24th May 2003, 07:23 PM
Glad I asked about Gravity...

I should have been more clear with thunder wave, I mean in what shape does it take. An actually wave of current or some other form.

SneaselReborned
24th May 2003, 08:23 PM
A little ball of thunder, almost like Thunderbolt but smaller/bigger depending on pokemon size. Sometimes becomes different shapes randomly. Usually just a ball of thunder.

Cyrus
24th May 2003, 08:46 PM
Alright. Dracon, while jumping up and down on your powerful legs, start with a supersonic to hopefully damage your opponent's sense of balance, finish with frying rice.

Frying rice: Thunderbolt +Swift (The electrical potential is distilled to each of the stars, electrifing the volley of stars)

meh

SneaselReborned
24th May 2003, 09:26 PM
Ouchies Cyrus just pwned up Smaug...

and the randomizer says (btw, i got it working^_^)...

Round Four
Syberia vs. Cyrus

Pre-Battle Status
Smaug (Charizard M) HP 71% Energy 72% Condition Two Smaugs, smiling at good luck

Dracon (Dragonite M) HP 67% Energy 74% Condition Safeguard inactive, wing bleeding furiously, in pain, under slight cover of rocks

And this battle continues on, with Dracon at the disadvantage. His entire left wing is completely massacred, and he is under cover of rocks. Smaug, on the other hand, has a body double, AND he has better status. Dracon is at a big disadvantage, but hopefully he can make that up with some quick thinking and powerful attacks.

Cyrus asks many questions about the arena, and Syberia continues his *ridiculously* long attack commands. Oh well, its a pain to ref, but meh. He will learn some day. Anyway, as I was saying, Cyrus is taking a long time, and finally he tells Dracon a good plan. Dracon winces at the pain in his wing, but nods, knowing he can reclaim the battle.

Trainer Issued Commands

Smaug - No, just no.

Dracon - Supersonic ~ Fryin' Raice (^_^)

BATTLE

Smaug starts out quickly and realizes that his foe being grounded could help him a lot. He starts to focus, and the ground starts to rumble slightly. And then, the ground starts shaking a little more. Dracon tries to jump up, but realizes it useless. Instead, he just starts screaming. The sound waves start to echo around the arena due to the forcefield.

ARRRRGHHHH!!!

Sooo loud! Too loud! Both combatants stop their attacks and just lie down on the floor, covering their ears in pain. Blood starts to ooze from Smaug's ears due to the supersonic shock, and the sound waves aren't helping Dracon's injury. However, the sound stops soon, and both combatants get up slowly, hurt and pissed.

Dracon starts to glow with electricity, and the lightning surges around his body. Smaug smiles. He know this. Well. Suddenly, he becomes 6 Smaugs, 3 for each the copy and the real Smaug. Dracon smiles. This will be fun.

Still, Smaug sees nothing to be afraid of. However, he knows that if electricity is coming his way, he needs to double. This time, each of the clones turn into three, so now there are 18 Smaugs staring back at Dracon. Smiling, 6 stars appear around Dracon. He charges them with electricity, and smirks.

"Roar!" Dracon yells, and the stars hurl towards Smaug. The deadly electric shurikens fly along, razing around and smashes the clones left and right. And then, 3 of them stick into a Smaug, and the Smaug explodes. The other three hit another Smaug, and they explode as well, but the Smaug stays. Electricity crackled through his body, and Smaug lays on the ground, hurting and charred from the electricity.

Post-Battle Status
Smaug (Charizard M) HP 65% Energy 65% Condition Substitute inactive, Double Team inactive, paralyzed, in pain

Dracon (Dragonite M) HP 66% Energy 70% Condition Smiling, wing bleeding heavily, in pain but still happy

Cyrus
24th May 2003, 09:32 PM
I thought I was a fast ref... I bow to you SneaselReborned...

SneaselReborned
24th May 2003, 09:34 PM
Naw, I was just on at the moment so I did my duties~_~. Don't praise me, but thanx anyway^^.

Cyrus
24th May 2003, 10:12 PM
Opps, I post attacks first this round...

Notes to self:

Sleep more

Remeber Frying Rice combo for future use

Alright Dracon, that worked far better than I had imagined it would or could for that matter. Continue to level thunderbolts at your opponent, revert to Frying Rice if anything annoying is used (e.i. double team/substitute/ etc. . .) Continue to inflame the paralyze you inflicted earlier.

Syberia
24th May 2003, 11:19 PM
This complicates things, but I think I know a way for us to get the advantage back. You can't move very well, but you shouldn't have to. Begin by immediately shrouding yourself from his first Thunderbolt with a Smokescreen. If I interpreted his commands right, now's the time for another Frying Rice, so I want you to shield yourself from it with Protect. Finally, since he made the mistake of comboing two moves together like that, here's our opening. Blast him with another Dragon Rage; use the holes in the ground to help guide you even through the smoke.

Smokescreen~Protect~Dragon Rage

SneaselReborned
25th May 2003, 03:47 PM
Sorry for taking so long to post this reffing, I was out the entire morning shopping!

Round Five
Syberia vs Cyrus

Pre-Battle Status
Smaug (Charizard M) HP 65% Energy 65% Condition Substitute inactive, Double Team inactive, paralyzed, in pain

Dracon (Dragonite M) HP 66% Energy 70% Condition Smiling, wing bleeding heavily, in pain but still happy

So, now Dracon has taken a distinct advantage due to the very powerful combo - Frying Rice. In the combo, Dracon uses his electricity to make his shurikens surging. However strong this may be, there is a way to make is much more powerful. More news on that will be given by AIM (DarkShenlong33).

Anyway, Smaug is at a disadvantage, as his clone was destroyed, and his fakes were destroyed as well. So now, Smaug is all by his lonesome and electricity is surging through his body and wrecking his nerves as we speak!

However bad this may be, Dracon's wing is still bleeding furiously, and the gaping hole in his wing seems very gruesome indeed. Like a terrible poisoning, every round and every action that his wing gets hurt, Dracon's pain increased - possibly to a point where he cannot even move. However, luckily Smaug is going to have a hard time hitting Dracon's wing while his muscles refuse to move.

Trainer Issued Commands

Smaug - Smokescreen ~ Protect ~ Dragon Rage

Dracon - Thunderbolt Assault/Frying Rice Assault

BATTLE

Smaug starts out quickly, and he starts to cough a little. Suddenly, a huge fireball appears in his mouth. Smaug swallows this, and, suddenly, thick, black, icky smoke pours out. All this time Dracon was charging up a bolt of thunder. He has put too much energy into it to revert to Fryin' Rice. So, he just decides to launch it. He fires into the thick, black smokes, and he hears no cries. Just. Nothing. Darnit! The thick smoke continues to pour out from Smaug's mouth, and now it has covered the entire field. The forcefield won't let it leave! Dracon starts to cough, and so does Smaug. Even with his fiery nature and his draconic presence, he still cannot handle the extreme smoke.

The smoke continues to pile up, and Smaug can't even see his hand in front of his. Crouching down, he tries to look for Dracon, who is also barely able to see. However, Dracon still has order from his trainer. Suddenly, he starts glowing yellow. Well, I think he is, at least. The smoke is just too much! The electricity surges around Dracon's body, but he still cannot see. Smaug now smiles, and gets ready. He closes his eyes to keep the smoke out, and starts to think of defenses. Like a wall. A barrier.

Suddenly, next to Dracon a few shurikens appear. They seem to be enemy-seeking, and Dracon launches his bolt of energy onto them. They begin to sparkle and glow, and they buzz off towards Smaug. Smaug smiles. He feels their electrical presence. And then, he puts up a shield of pure energy. From inside, he opens his eyes because there is not too much of a concentration of smoke. The stars harmlessly bounce off the wall and strike the floor, useless. Now Smaug smiles. Dracon is probably in the same place as before. So, he concentrates on the fiery holes of his draconic energy, and screams. Suddenly, huge fiery jets come out of the holes all around Dracon. They shoot up into the air, and then come firing down and hit Dracon. Dracon is pushed to the floor, and is charred and hurting. One blast hits his wing, and for an instant Dracon thinks everything is over. And then, the pain kicks in. Dracon screams, and hits the floor in pain.

Post-Battle Status
Smaug (Charizard M) HP 65% Energy 59% Condition paralysed

Dracon (Dragonite M) HP 58% Energy 64% Condition in extreme pain, wing bleeding even more

Arena Status Lunar arena, controlled environment, Indigo Stadium, huge holes in ground where jets of flame erupted from, Dracon still near holes, smoke all around, sight extremely limited, coughing and hacking, eyes in pain, nowhere for smoke to go due to forcefield, entire battle continues forever with the extreme smokiness (x.X)

Cyrus
25th May 2003, 05:17 PM
Smaug assumes Dracon didn't move but Dracon doesn't make same conclusion? From how others handled it, isn't smoke screen generally considered combustable? Meaning that the charizard's flame tail/dragon rage would set it off. Side note though it isn't nessacary I guess, but isn't there an air filter some where within the arena? If so wouldn't it clear away the smoke. Just trying to figure out how this is going to work.

SneaselReborned
25th May 2003, 06:44 PM
Dracon was too preoccupied by fighting off the smoke, which is not his element, so he did not realize to move. Anyway, if Dracon did move, then he would still have been hit, just not as hard and fast.

Flamable smokescreen? Wha!?!?! Its not like if I put a candle in a room with smoke in it the smoke will explode. I ref toxic as flamable. Not smoke. I mean, think of it. Smoke. Smoke. Smoke. You are saying that if I put a match in a room with smoke that the match wil blow up? Naw.

Meh, I realize that there is no air filter. I also realize that this battle is going to be a very, very, very weird thing as both pokemon and the 2 reserve pokemon are going to have extreme trouble seeing through the smoke. I also see that every pokemon that enters the arena that isn't a Muk, Weezing etc. is going to be coughing and hacking and their eyes will be hurting. Yes, this is going to be one weird battle. Think of a pitch black battle, in a sense. X_X.

Cyrus
26th May 2003, 03:42 PM
Asphyxiation isn't a risk in this arena at this point? Correct?

SneaselReborned
26th May 2003, 07:49 PM
English please.

Syberia
26th May 2003, 09:17 PM
In other words, can we still breathe?

SneaselReborned
26th May 2003, 09:21 PM
Well...erm...yes and no.

You can breathe, sure, but it will not be good, pure air. It will be smokey and make you cough. But, yes, for the time you can breathe. I probably will be nice and put some ventilation somewhere later. Or maybe not >=).

Syberia
27th May 2003, 06:56 PM
I'm going to make this quite simple... Dragon Rage x3. If he tries Frying Rice or any other electric attacks at any time, try and Reflect them.

Dragon Rage/Reflect x3

SneaselReborned
27th May 2003, 09:00 PM
Smaug can't see or tell anything around him, so he cannot reflect Frying Rice. I'm assuming you just want me to assume Dragon Rage x3 is your commands, right?

Cyrus
28th May 2003, 08:15 PM
Accounting for the O2 lost to Smaug's tail, the repeated use of fire based attacks and the heavy breathing both pokemon appear to be doing, can I get a guesstimation on how long until there isn't sufficent oxygen for the pokemon to remain conscious? Assuming no vents are randomly introduced.

SneaselReborned
28th May 2003, 08:34 PM
I'll install random ventillation by the time they are ready to lose consciousness, k? Promise.

Cyrus
2nd June 2003, 09:17 PM
Alright Dracon, move around while the billowing cloud lasts, attempt to be as quite as possible to avoid giving your opponent's obviously superior senses a challenge before hitting you. Start off with a super sonic to disorient your opponent. Then launch volleys of swift to strike your opponent.

(Super Sonic ~ Swift ~ Swift)

SneaselReborned
5th June 2003, 06:27 PM
God I'm so sorry! I've been really busy. I'll try to ref this by today night or tomorrow! God! Sorry! Sorry! Soryy!

SneaselReborned
6th June 2003, 08:33 PM
Phew! Reffing time, at last. Have fun, as this is going to be one weird round.

*gets randomizer ready*

Round Six
Cyrus vs Syberia

Pre-Battle Status
Smaug (Charizard M) HP 65% Energy 59% Condition paralysed

Dracon (Dragonite M) HP 58% Energy 64% Condition in extreme pain, wing bleeding even more

Arena Status Lunar arena, controlled environment, Indigo Stadium, huge holes in ground where jets of flame erupted from, Dracon still near holes, smoke all around, sight extremely limited, coughing and hacking, eyes in pain, nowhere for smoke to go due to forcefield, entire battle continues forever with the extreme smokiness

No Pre-Battle.

Trainer Issued Commands

Smaug - Dragon Rage/Reflect Continually

Dracon - Supersonic ~ Swift ~ Swift

BATTLE

This shall be interesting, so says the randomizer. In the blackish cloud of smoke both combatants stand, coughing and hacking away, hoping for the smoke to leave. However, where will the smoke go? The entire arena is in a forcefield, and mechanics are quickly trying to install ventilation so that the pokemon will not die.

Smaug starts out quickly, and he begins to focus. He closes his eyes, and a slight red glow erupts froms his body. Dracon, on the other hand, silently moves through the blackness, clutching around for traces of his enemy. However, he finds it futile and just stays where he is, ready. Smaug smiles, and opens his eyes. Suddenly, where Dracon just was, two huge jets of fire erupt, tearing two new holes in the ground, and then singe the top of the forcefield before bouncing back down. Dracon smiles, and opens his mouth, only to inhale a large portion of smoke and go down to the ground, coughing and hacking, unable to attack.

Dracon slowly gets up, and shelters his mouth as he takes a quick breath. Smaug once again glows red, and closes his eyes. Dracon grins, and suddenly three heat-seeking shurikens appear next to him. Dracon waves his hand, and the shurikens fly into the darkness. A cry is heard, and at that moment Smaug had released his attack. Wildly two jets of fire come out of the two holes made from the last attack, and awkwardly hit the forcefield and bounce back, doing nothing. Smaug looks at his chest, which is bleeding due to the shurikens.

Dracon smirks, and three more shurikens appear next to him. Another wave of his hand, and the stars are flying through the darkness towards Smaug. Smaug, on the other hand, is very pissed now. He closes his eyes, and his body glows an evil red. Suddenly, Smaug opens his eyes, and one enormous jet of flames erupts from where Dracon was at the start of the round, and slams into the forcefield, which shudders, but continues to hold. Then the shurikens slam into Smaug, who clutches his bleeding chest and wimpers as the new stars dig deeper into the wound.

Post-Battle Status
Smaug (Charizard M) HP 58% Energy 50% Condition paralysed, chest bleeding

Dracon (Dragonite M) HP 54% Energy 59% Condition in slight pain, wing slowly healing, but still hurting painfully

Arena Status Lunar arena, controlled environment, Indigo Stadium, enormous hole where Dracon used to be, smoke all around, sight extremely limited, coughing and hacking, eyes in pain, nowhere for smoke to go due to forcefield, entire battle continues forever with the extreme smokiness, Dracon in some smoky place of the arena

Cyrus
10th June 2003, 11:40 AM
Alright Dracon swift three times. Use reflect is swift is used. Light screen any dragon moves that near you.

Syberia
10th June 2003, 11:27 PM
If I couldn't use Reflect as a substitution, I doubt you'll be able to either, Cyrus. Smaug, just follow suit and blast away with Swift.

SneaselReborned
10th June 2003, 11:46 PM
...I think I'll get the reffing up tomorrow...

SneaselReborned
12th June 2003, 08:08 PM
Round Seven
Cyrus vs Syberia

Smaug (Charizard M) HP 58% Energy 50% Condition paralysed, chest bleeding
Dracon (Dragonite M) HP 54% Energy 59% Condition in slight pain, wing slowly healing, but still hurting painfully

Arena Status Lunar arena, controlled environment, Indigo Stadium, enormous hole where Dracon used to be, smoke all around, sight extremely limited, coughing and hacking, eyes in pain, nowhere for smoke to go due to forcefield, entire battle continues forever with the extreme smokiness, Dracon in some smoky place of the arena

BATTLE

Builders work furiously, trying to install some sort of ventilation. Viola! Success! A breach is made in the heavy forcefield, and a suction cup is inserted. Suddenly, smoke is vacuumed out of the arena, and a fresh, clean scent fills the air. Dracon and Smaug both smile as the smog lifts. The builders smile too, as they are going to get a hefty paycheck.

Both Dracon and Smaug continue to create shurikens and send them towards the enemy for the entire round. Basically, its all shooting stars. At the end of the thing, both pokemon look pretty hurt, but are still okay.

Smaug (Charizard M) HP 49% Energy 41% Condition paralysed, chest wound healing (60%)
Dracon (Dragonite M) HP 46% Energy 49% Condition wing almost fully healed (90%)

Arena Status Lunar arena, controlled environment, Indigo Stadium, hole in one part of the arena

Syberia
13th June 2003, 05:57 PM
Finally, no more Swift wars! Smaug, put him in his place with another deafening Roar, and pound him with a couple of Ancientpowers.

Roar~Ancientpower x2

Cyrus
13th June 2003, 09:14 PM
Alright Dracon, your opponent has offered what might be a critical advantage... When your opponent is attempt to frighten your mighty draconic self, warp his fragile little mind with supersonic. Regardless of how successful it is, Mimic Ancient Power and turn it back on your opponent as many times as possible. Slam the boulder down from above to add Gravity to the mix. If your able to preform a feat of accuracy and target a particular point aim for the back of the neck or where the wings meet the spine.

(Supersonic ~ Mimic (Ancient Power) ~ Ancient Power

SneaselReborned
13th June 2003, 09:50 PM
This shall be interesting, eh?

Round Eight
Cyrus vs Syberia

Smaug (Charizard M) HP 49% Energy 41% Condition paralysed, chest wound healing (60%)
Dracon (Dragonite M) HP 46% Energy 49% Condition wing almost fully healed (90%)

Arena Status Lunar arena, controlled environment, Indigo Stadium, hole in one part of the arena

And the Swift Wars...finally end! Whee!

BATTLE

The swift wars FINALLY end, after a long time in the haze. Dracon and Smaug both smile at this, and Dracon smiles even more knowing that his wound is finally healing. Maybe, just maybe, he will be able to fly again. Smaug breathes out a bit of flame in enjoyment, but then sets his mind on the battle.

Dracon glares and sucks in a large amount of air. Compressing it within himself, he prepares to unleash it in a display of super sound. Smaug, too, sucks in air, yet this is not for the same thing. Smaug grins, and Dracon winks. Dracon opens his mouth, and at the same time Smaug opens his. The deep roar of Smaug come out, yet the high pitches screeching agonizingly tears through, reaching Smaug's ears, wrecking his ears. Dracon grins, seeing his torment of the enemy.

Smaug slowly gets back to his senses, and sees that his ears are bleeding slightly. Very slightly. Now pissed, Smaug roars in anger. Suddenly, the earth below the combatants begins to crack and break up into fragments. The chunks of earth float in the air with fury, and with a wave of his hand, Smaug sends them flying at Dracon. Dracon closes his eyes, and is engulfed in a purple light. Suddenly opening his eyes, Dracon just has enough time to put his hands up in a slight defense from the incoming rocks. Dracon is pushed backwards, but doesn't suffer from too much damage. However, it is aparant that he is hurting. Still, he must fulfull his duties. He closes his eyes, and the earth begins to shatter again. Two chunks of earth pull up from the ground, and fly towards the air. Smaug laughs, but then he sees the rocks coming crashing down towards him. Not laughing anymore, Smaug tries to block the attack as best he can, but is still crushed under pounds of rock. Slowly getting up, Smaug snorts and angrily glares at Dracon.

Dracon chuckles a little, and then gets back into fighting mode. He waves his hand, and the earth, once more, begins to shatter and crack. However, Smaug grins. He, too, has summoned the earth's energy for an assault. In an instant, 4 rock chunks break off from the earth, and float in the air. Two of them soar higher into the air, but the other two go flying at Dracon. Dracon, who is still controlling the two airborne rocks, almost has them ready to hurl, but then is smashed into by the 2 of Smaug's rocks full force. With absolutely no defense, Dracon is hurled at the forcefield only to smash into it and crumple to the floor, obviously hurt. Of the two rocks that were in the air, they fall down with gravity and one smashes Smaug in the head. Smaug, too, crumples in pain, but soon both dragons are up and ready. Smaug has a nasty cut on his head, and Dracon seems to be suffering from a bad wound in the stomach. However, the previous wounds are healing - lucky, lucky.

Smaug (Charizard M) HP 36% Energy 34% Condition paralysed, chest wound healed, wound in head bleeding (0%)
Dracon (Dragonite M) HP 39% Energy 40% Condition wing fully healed, wound on chest bleeding (0%)

Arena Status Lunar arena, controlled environment, Indigo Stadium, hole in one part of the arena, large rocks all around arena

[EDIT] I hadn't remembered the stats right for the pre-battle, and I never bothered to look. Therefore, Dracon was at lower health as I thought of it, so now he is at more health. Everything good now.

Cyrus
13th June 2003, 11:51 PM
Alright Dracon, a fine job that turned out better than I had hoped. Raise a safeguard to ward off status effects while taking flight on your healed wings, they remain unneeded destraction. Follow through with addtional rocks to your draconic opponent's head / spine as needed after allowing the moon's tender embrace to draw the boulders into him. Swift over Ancient Power if it is called for.

(Safeguard ~ Ancient Power / Swift ~ Ancient Power / Swift)

Syberia
14th June 2003, 11:58 PM
Smaug, we can do this. For now, just take a page out of The Hulk's playbook; show off your true power with a Belly Drum while he uselessly tries to shield himself from something that will never come. Then unleash a Hyper Beam upon your foe and if he still stands, a final bout of Dragonbreath ought to finish the job.

Belly Drum~Hyper Beam~Dragonbreath

SneaselReborned
15th June 2003, 09:22 PM
I'm guessing this is the final round of Dracon vs Smaug, but whatever the randomizer says goes. Meh.

Round Nine
Cyrus vs Syberia

Smaug (Charizard M) HP 36% Energy 34% Condition paralysed, chest wound healed, wound in head bleeding (0%)
Dracon (Dragonite M) HP 39% Energy 40% Condition wing fully healed, wound on chest bleeding (0%)

Arena Status Lunar arena, controlled environment, Indigo Stadium, hole in one part of the arena, large rocks all around arena

BATTLE

Both pokemon are at relatively low health, so they must keep their guard up. However, being at low health also impairs their power to perform attacks, so will this match go on for too long? Only time will tell. The randomizer speaks...bwahahahahaha!

Dracon starts off quickly, and he waves his arm in the air. In the air, three stars appear, and they begin to spin around at incredible speeds. Soon, they strike Dracon's body, and then they disappear. A thin, invisible, plasticy coating seems to cover Dracon's skin. Smaug is not amused, and is ready to make an ultimate sacrifice. Closing his eyes, Smaug begins to drum on his belly, performing the sacred ritual of power. Smaug can feel the energy drain from his body. He can feel the gods smiling, and granting him power. Smaug falters for a second, and then opens his eyes. He glares at Dracon, and realizes that he has to make this strike count if he wants to win.

Smaug closes his eyes, and a small orb appears in his mouth. It is built of pure white plasma energy, and Smaug concentrates. The orb becomes bigger, and Dracon shudders. Dracon focuses, and the earth begins to shatter. Chunks of earth lift themselves out of the ground, and they stay in the air. Dracon appears to be stressing, and he throws the rocks into the air. The rocks begin a downwards arch. Smaug concentrates as hard as he can, and the white orb becomes so big he can barely hold it. Smaug takes a quick glance at the approaching rock, and he launches his orb. Like a devilish bullet, the beam streaks out of Smaug's mouth, slamming into Dracon. Dracon is taken by the full force of the blow, and he is hurled towards the forcefield. Slamming into the forcefield, another load crash in heard. Dracon's large boulders come down hard on Smaug. As the rubble clears, Dracon is seen in one corner, bloody and hurt, and Smaug is seen in the other, in pain and barely strugging out of his rocky fort.

Smaug slowly gets to his feet, and blood flows freely out of the large wound on his head. Dracon slowly gets to his feet, and a large hole is gored in his stomach. Blood drenches his legs, and he clutches his bleeding head. Smaug smiles weakly, and Dracon repeats the same measure. And then, both mighty dragons crash to their knees, defeated.

Smaug (Charizard M) Knockout
Dracon (Dragonite M) Knockout

Arena Status Lunar arena, controlled environment, Indigo Stadium, large rocks all around arena, arena floor destroyed by continual taking out of AP rocks

Cyrus sends out pokemon
Syberia sends out pokemon and attacks
Cyrus attacks

Cyrus
15th June 2003, 09:29 PM
Keeping with the draconic over tones, Alexstrasza (Alex if you prefer) my female dragonair.

Syberia
16th June 2003, 04:37 PM
Defeated a Dragonite in your first battle... I can tell already that you're not going to be a failure. It looks like I'm going to have to be the first to break the dragon trend, though, as I don't have any more. Rinoa (female Chansey) is more than a match for one on her own, though.

Rinoa, just get his attention with a Present, slow him down with a Thunder Wave, and then use an Ice Beam.

Present~Thunder Wave~Ice Beam

Cyrus
17th June 2003, 09:19 PM
Alright Alex, put some distance between you and the chansey for the time being, avoid the charge if you can. While your doing that raise a safeguard to ward off the coming thunder wave.
Next summon your protective coat of mithril, Draconic Protection. While your opponent attempts to freeze your new metallic coat, melt the blast and scorch your opponent with a flamethrower.

(Safeguard ~ Draconic Protection ~ Flamethrower)

(Dragonair) (Female)
Nickname: (Alexstrasza)
Signature Move: (Draconic Protection)
(Description: Alexstrasza’s blood line can be traced back to the original Pendragon, and as such she is entitled to a small component of the arcane lore that belonged to that great beast. Her gift comes in the form of the ability to temporarily alter the characterizes of her scaly hide. Shifting them from the glossy flesh to glinting metal. The ward summons a sheath of mithril to bind to each individual scale along her lithe form. With the mineral layer bound to her hide, the steel type discriptor is applied to Alexstrasza. Her type is considered Dragon/Steel)
Type: (Dragon) | Accuracy: (90%) | Damage: (0%) | (Effects gains Steel type)

SneaselReborned
17th June 2003, 09:42 PM
Round Ten
Cyrus vs Syberia

Alex (Dragonair F) HP 100% Energy 100% Condition minty fresh
Rione (Chans/cey F) HP 100% Energy 100% Condition minty fresh

Arena Status Lunar arena, controlled environment, Indigo Stadium, large rocks all around arena, arena floor destroyed by continual taking out of AP rocks

BATTLE

Both pokemon are now completely fresh, and are both ready to battle. Cyrus has continued to draconic trend by sending out Alex, the Dragonair. Alex gracefully slithes around, and then alights to the air, hovering a few feet above the ground. Rione smiles a little, then tosses her egg into the air, only to catch it a few seconds later. Both pokemon look ready.

Alex slowly begins to fly backwards through the air, very slowly. A few stars appear in front of her, and they begin to circle around her, giving her a mysterious protection. Then, the stars disappear. Rione, on the other hand, digs into her egg pouch, and pulls out a small egg with one flat side. Rione tosses it over to Alex, who looks at it with a puzzled expression. Suddenly, the egg explodes in a cloud of white light. Alex grins widely as he feels the healing powers circle around her body.

Alex grins widely, and in her eyes a glint of light shows. Alex's skin begins to take on the same glint, and soon a glossy layer of cold metal covers her body. Rione takes no heed, and her body becomes charges with electricity. Letting loose the orb of lightning, Rione watches as the orb flies towards Alex...only to bounce off her skin helplessly. Alex grins, and winks at the very angry Chansey.

Rione puffs up in anger, and her eyes shine with a brilliant blue aura. Alex closes her eyes, and a red glint shows in his eyes. Suddenly, Alex uncoils and assumes the pose of a needle, and Rione lets loose a blast of energy, and Alex lets loose a stream of fire. The two beams collide, and both dissipate, doing nothing to either user.

Alex (Dragonair F) HP 100% Energy 93% Condition Safeguarded (7 actions), Steel/Dragon type, grinning, hovering above the ground
Rione (Chansey F) HP 100% Energy 89% Condition quite annoyed, angry

Cyrus
17th June 2003, 10:02 PM
While staying out of melee range, taunt your egg like opponent into a murderous rage with Swagger. While keeping above and out of reach, thunderbolt your opponent into submission, however swift if needed.

Syberia
18th June 2003, 04:53 PM
Steel-type? Very well, Rinoa and I shall find other ways to defeat you. Two can play at this little taunting game; I want you to make him come and get you. Probably the last thing he'll expect from an opponent such as yourself. If he closes with you, show no mercy... give him a Dynamicpunch right to the skull and beat what is left of him into Submission. If he insists on keeping his distance, though, try and shoot him down with a few shards of ice.

Swagger~Dynamicpunch/Blizzard~Submission/Blizzard[/color]

SneaselReborned
18th June 2003, 05:15 PM
Round Eleven
Syberia vs Cyrus

Alex (Dragonair F) HP 100% Energy 93% Condition Safeguarded (7 actions), Steel/Dragon type, grinning, hovering above the ground

BATTLE

Alex smiles at Rione, who jumps around in anger, stomping around, hoping for luck this round. Syberia tries to calm the mad egg down, but to no avail. Might as well just fuel attacks with anger, eh?

Alex flies into the air, keeping at a height just above Rione's reach. Then, suddenly, Alex begins to laugh at Rione. Rione puffs up in a ball, and Alex continues to dive down and taunt the angry egg about the fact that it cannot reach her. Rione tries to keep her calm, but suddenly it all erupts. Rione's eyes turn red, and suddenly she jumps into the air, swinging wildly with her fists, trying to get Alex, who is far too high for her to reach. Alex stays at the top of the arena, flying gracefully, as Rione continues to jump and bash her head against the forcefields, in a berserker frenzy.

Alex laughs more at the berserker Chansey, igniting rage to an even further level. Chansey suddenly slams her head into the forcefield, and then starts trying to climb up the walls of the forcefield. Alex chuckles, and suddenly her body is charged with electricity. Rione continually tries to jump up to Alex, and Alex just laughs. Suddenly, the once calm eyes of the dragon narrow, and all the electricity charged in her body flies down, shocking Rione, and leaving her eyes angrier. Fighting through intense paralyses, Rione continues to try to hurt Alex in any way possible.

Alex mutters something about, "Just a stupid egg," and Rione suddenly explodes. Everything she has been holding back just...well...yea explodes. Suddenly, Rione begins to float in the air in a weird sort of way. A purple glow surround her, and her eyes are bloodshot. Alex slowly backs away from the berserked Chansey, who continues to float in the air. Now Rione is at the same level as Alex. Alex, in a last ditch effort, fires of a quick launch of electric energy, which does nothing to Rione at all. Rione slowly approaches Alex, and then, at point blank rage, an enormous blast of white plasma energy is fired directly to Alex's head. Alex catapults to the ground, and lays in a heap while Rione sighs heavily and falls to the floor, extremely tired.

Alex (Dragonair F) HP 76% Energy 86% Condition Safeguarded (4 actions), Steel/Dragon type, grinning, in a heap on the ground
Rione (Chansey F) HP 96% Energy 72% Condition very tired, paralysed

Lesson One, kids, never anger a Chansey to the point of disaster...

Cyrus
18th June 2003, 05:25 PM
Your fired, I want a sain ref to reref the last round.

SneaselReborned
18th June 2003, 07:28 PM
STFU Cyrus. When you had the advantage so many times in the past and Dracon was completely pwning Smaug, you were quite happy, right? And now, because you're finally losing, you start whining like a little baby.

You're the one that chose to anger Chansey to the point of disaster. So just STFU, and stop acting like an immature baby.

Syberia
18th June 2003, 07:34 PM
Well, we just needlessly burned a lot of energy back there... let's just take it easy for now. Use Psychic not on your foe, who is likely to struggle against its grip, but just to harmlessly pick up one of the rocks lying around... and crush him under its weight. Failing that, just try to smack him with it somehow if he tries to get away. If he doesn't seem to be in a condition to do much after that, just Take a break for an action or two. Otherwise, strike him down with a few more Blizzards if you must, using Icy Wind instead if you begin to see more than one of him.

Psychic/Icy Wind~Nothing/Blizzard/Icy Wind~Nothing/Blizzard/Icy Wind

Cyrus
18th June 2003, 11:36 PM
SneaselReborned, point to an instance where I was 'pwning' Smaug. Swaggering once doesn't induce an immunity / godlike resistance to two thunderbolts. It doesn't cause the target to perform psychic to levitate and hyperbeam.

I won't even bring up the idiocy on your part before this round, regardless your fired. Referee ' interpretation has limits and you have crossed the line.

Syberia, I have no intention of tying up one of your slots with an agruement or failed attempts to replace a ref. If I cannot find a suitable replacement within one week’s time I will forfeit. I will request the referee redoes the last round, if this isn’t agreeable then I will save us both the time and effort and withdraw now.

SneaselReborned
18th June 2003, 11:39 PM
Cyrus, no. You cannot fire me without a mod's approval. I suggest you post attacks, or you WILL be DQed.

I am setting the DQ at 5 Days. Post attacks by then, or lose the match.

Cyrus
18th June 2003, 11:44 PM
1.) I can and have fired you, deal with it.

2.) YOU don't set DQ, Syberia does and it was stated as
When pigs fly... In other words if you elect to inforce a DQ it is one week, which happens to be when I said I would forfeit.

SneaselReborned
19th June 2003, 02:40 PM
I am not fired unless a mod approves it. For all purposes, I am still the ref.

Also, considering that you have no intension of posting, then I can and will change the DQ to 5 days. Deal with it.

Moltrecuno
19th June 2003, 03:00 PM
Cyrus I don't see why you are complaining about a single round. Of course there would be rounds where a poke was pwned and your plan backfired. Even a ref's interpretations aren't required to follow every single detail of the Attack List or your line of thinking. But come on! Its just one round that you could make up for later on if you use your brain(assuming you have one...).

I won't even bring up the idiocy on your part before this round, regardless your fired. Referee ' interpretation has limits and you have crossed the line.

So a mere use of imagination is not allowed? Interpretations do have limits when it comes to effects and damage, but how it is described matters little as long as it makes sense to the ref, the battlers, and everyone else.

I was reading the battle and I pretty much enjoyed reading it until this point. -_- Just let the round go Cyrus. Its just a battle and to get worked up so much in a single battle shows you are too serious in this place. Stuff happens. Live with it.

~M~

Syberia
19th June 2003, 04:29 PM
You'll live, Cyrus. If no DQ is posted, it's assumed to be a week, and if you don't post by then it's your own fault and I have every right to DQ you without second thoughts. Thank you, and good day.

Don't Run With Scizors
19th June 2003, 05:26 PM
Ho-lee krap.

Cyrus was right to start bugging me about this. Now, I don't think SneaselReborned is biased in favor of Syberia, but his interpretation is WAY off.

Swagger is meant to provoke the opponent into a rage so that they do stupid things like attack with brute physical force (hence, Frustration), not "give my opponent huge damage bonuses and resistances so he can kill me faster". Actually, Pokémon should be taking EXTRA damage when berserked - they're focused on trying to beat the crap out of their taunter, rather than trying to minimize attacks or withstand them better. After all, damage ratings here also are supposed to factor in how well they can reduce damage.

As for Psychic levitation and Hyper Beam... Pokémon aren't supposed to be thinking clearly while berserked. They think, "grrr, I'm going to rip a chunk out of that guy", and that's it.

As for firing a referee... actually, that can be done, but with both battlers' consent. After that, moderators can decide whether referees ought to be removed or not.

...and I have every right to DQ you without second thoughts.

Uh, no you don't. How would you like it you were winning against someone and all of a sudden they said, "Hey, I didn't set a DQ, so I'll set one right now! Whoops... you lose!"

Have a nice day.

SneaselReborned
19th June 2003, 05:36 PM
Well this is convenient for Cyrus, isn't it? He can wait as long as he wants and will never be DQed. He has no intention of posting his attacks.

Also, as I reffed it, Swagger brought Chansey into such a rage that it unlocked its highest level of powers. It was not clearly thinking. It was just using the very max of its powers in any way that would injure the enemy.

And why would they take more damage when berserked? They want to beat the crap out of their enemy, and if they get pounded into oblivion there will be no way whatsoever for them to beat the crap out of the enemy. Plus, Rinoa was angered to such an insane level because she COULDN'T get Alex with her powers. A lot of things were factored in.

As for firing me, you tell me. Should I be fired? Plus, I don't think Syberia wants any firing.

On a final note, what are me and Syb supposed to do? Wait until Cyrus posts attacks? He'll never post them.

One last thing: I do use a randomizer, and I did randomize to see if Rinoa would unlock crazy powers. It was a 75% of no, 25% of yes. Yes was the answer, so Rinoa unlocked her insane powers. I randomize everything out. Also, did you see how much energy Rinoa lost? Yes, that is definitely a large sum.

Syberia
19th June 2003, 05:43 PM
That is where you are wrong, DRWS. You may be right and all by the letter of the law, but I believe there is a rule somewhere (written or unwritten) that states that if there is no DQ stated and someone doesn't post for a long time, after a week they can, indeed, be DQ'ed. If that was not the case, what is there to stop two people in a situation like this from locking up a battle slot for all eternity?

Uh, no you don't. How would you like it you were winning against someone and all of a sudden they said, "Hey, I didn't set a DQ, so I'll set one right now! Whoops... you lose!"
I clearly gave Cyrus a week warning, and I believe the rule is that the DQ is a week if there is no time specified. I'm not going to say "I'm winning, I'll set the DQ to 1 second and you lose," you know me too well for that. That would be blatantly unfair, and against the rules, too. But a week, with fair warning as I have given Cyrus, is well within the bounds of fairness. A bit generous, I might even say, considering he has been in this topic more than enough to post his attacks by now. I don't want this thing tied up forever, and I don't believe either Cyrus or SneaselReborned do as well. That is all for now.

Moltrecuno
19th June 2003, 06:18 PM
So when Cyrus has a complaint its the mod to the rescue? *rolleyes* When I see a pokemon beserked from swagger, the berserked pokemon is pissed off beyond belief at the opponent. The pokemon will use anything in hurting the opponent and may hurt themselves also from being blinded with their anger. This would make a pokemon use more force and energy from their attacks from usual.

Its just one round. What's the big deal? Cyrus, stop crying over a single round and finish your battle. These people are getting impatient in continuing the battle. I can understand if you complain about this stuff if it happened more than once in the battle but come on. -_-

~M~

Deck Knight
19th June 2003, 06:23 PM
I'm more than happy to post said rule.

Section 2: Battles & Prizes
1. Rules needed to start a battle are as follows:

1.Number of Pokemon
2.Who sends out first Pokemon
3.Who attacks first
4.DQ time (default, 1 week DQ)
5.Arena

7. Battles end when a winner is announced, the DQ time is up, or via forfeit. DQ countdown starts from the time of the last relevant post (i.e., the last reffing or the last attacks posted). You cannot win by DQ or forfeit unless at least one round is finished.

Wow, 2 rules concerning DQ. Gee Cyrus, for someone who seems to spout off rules at everyone else, you didn't seem to read them yourself. But I digress. Simply because one starts losing a round, doesn't mean they should go and fire the ref. I remember a certain battle where Karin OWNED me. I didn't cry, I was upset(just being PWNED) But I didn't go so far as to want to fire the ref, whining like a toddler without his candy.

Fortunetely for you, you still have a good 5 days to wise up and post attacks. So you have 2 choices, stop whining and post attacks, or never have another omelette again.

As for calling DRWS into things, I have seen DRWS work his "13-minute-magic" Elsewhere, I think his new rush of power has replaced intelligence with ego. But that is just my opinion, so don't go getting all offended and wrathful.

Anyway, I'm not part of this battle, but I know the rule was written, and there it stands. Cyrus can either forfeit now, or waste 5 days of Syberia and SneaselReborned's time.

Gengar's Shadow
19th June 2003, 06:53 PM
Ok, this is getting to be a flame war. I think im gonna put my 2 cents in this, k?

First thing, I know it sounds wierd, but yes, he DID randomize it, and it DID make it. And actually, he randomized 80% 20%, but thats not the point. Well, atleast i think he did, but whatever. I was talking to Cyrus over AIM, and I said my bro should be fired. THAT WAS WHEN I DID NOT SEE THE ENERGY!! The helath is not everything. If you run out of energy, guess what happens? THEY LOSE. The energy IS a deciding factor, because even if you are at low energy, you pretty much lose. Look at the energy.

Another thing, did you ever know that "When pigs fly" is a joke? Obviosly, Syberia meant 1 week, because it is the standard. Also, even if he DID mean never, a week IS THE STANDARD. If he puts it at a week now, it will be the standard. THAT IS NOT A BAD THING. Personally, I dont think THAT much resistance to thunderbolt is neccisery, but meh. My bro shouldnt be fired. Well, thats my thoughts

Another thing, I AM NOT SAYING THIS BECAUSE HE IS MY BROTHER. I AM SAYING WHAT I THINK AND THATS THAT. Sorry if this is flame/spam, but i cant help it.

Thank you, and good-day:wave:

SneaselReborned
19th June 2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Gengar's Shadow

And actually, he randomized 80% 20%, but thats not the point

WTF are you talking about? I never even told you about anything! I was telling you how you should have randomized a certain battle...--;;

*major sweatdrop*

Anyway, thanks to Deck Knight, Moltrecuno, and Syberia for backing me up. I'm not sure how this battle will go, but my guess is that Cyrus will wait for awhile and just get DQed. *coughcoughwhinybabycoughcough*

Icy
19th June 2003, 07:31 PM
:\, actually, Cyrus does have all the rights to fire you... but Cyrus alone can't fire you. Syb has to fire you as well. That's not happening. And I don't believe there is a DQ in this battle. Some battles have no DQ time (Psiana and myself have made a battle with no DQ time). If the DQ time is NOT STATED then there is a one week DQ time, if the DQ time is stated as "never" then there will NEVER be a DQ time. Now that isn't so hard is it? But I seriously think, Cyrus, that you should just quit whining over one round. :\ I do it all the time, but I never try to fire the ref. I either get on with it or quit right there. :o, simple. SO uh... I really dont' see the huge problem here... It's Cyrus's choice right now. :o, so I'll shut up and take my own advice by leaving.

Syberia
19th June 2003, 10:34 PM
If there's no DQ time set and someone insists on drawing out the battle forever like Cyrus probably will do, the standard of a week is assumed. You don't want an inactive battle taking up one of your slots for a month or more any more than I do, do you?

Don't Run With Scizors
19th June 2003, 11:55 PM
Everybody: Default DQ is what you get when you don't state a DQ. Syberia made the mistake of basically saying there wasn't any, so Cyrus cannot be DQ'd simply by his not posting his attacks. The conflict is not "Cyrus is gonna wimp out of this battle by not posting attacks", it's "Cyrus thinks SneaselReborned doesn't know how to ref Swagger right".

Rest assured, this isn't going to end by me forcing SR to reref or anything, or by Cyrus leaving this battle to rot. I'm going to have to convince you that that's not how Swagger should be reffed, and THEN I'll have you reref. =)

SneaselReborned: I don't doubt that you randomized the whole thing. In fact, I think I know where you're getting all this from - a series of episodes involving a mad Team Rocket scientist who tried to exploit a Pokémon's rage via some sort of headband-like device. However...

- Psychic takes focus and concentration to maintain. I highly doubt Rinoa would have managed to do so in her angered state, powered up or not.

- The energy used up looks to me like it was energy used up for a regular old Hyper Beam (except a single blast dealt 24% against someone who also had a Steel resistance), and not some sort of anger boost... anyone beg to differ?

- We discourage the ref choosing attacks contrary to what the trainer orders. After all, isn't the trainer supposed to be one with the brains to battle, not the referee?

- Even if this happened on a random basis, the percentage you have now gets you temporary better-than-Ancientpower stats at a higher rate than even Ancientpower gives you. If you keep it this way, you're going to have to tone the percentage WAY down.

- The damage reduction still seems a bit high to me. What do you have down for the exact resistance numbers?

I hope to at least see some acknowledgement or perhaps even a rereffing soon.

SneaselReborned
20th June 2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Don't Run With Scizors
Everybody: Default DQ is what you get when you don't state a DQ. Syberia made the mistake of basically saying there wasn't any, so Cyrus cannot be DQ'd simply by his not posting his attacks. The conflict is not "Cyrus is gonna wimp out of this battle by not posting attacks", it's "Cyrus thinks SneaselReborned doesn't know how to ref Swagger right".

Meh, that would make sense, but that still leaves it to be exploited. 5 month for 1 round = X_X.

Rest assured, this isn't going to end by me forcing SR to reref or anything, or by Cyrus leaving this battle to rot. I'm going to have to convince you that that's not how Swagger should be reffed, and THEN I'll have you reref. =)

Works for me, if you can convince me, that is.

SneaselReborned: I don't doubt that you randomized the whole thing. In fact, I think I know where you're getting all this from - a series of episodes involving a mad Team Rocket scientist who tried to exploit a Pokémon's rage via some sort of headband-like device. However...

I would love to say I saw those episodes, but I don't watch the anime. XD. I just used my own logic. When you're angry you get much more powerful.

- Psychic takes focus and concentration to maintain. I highly doubt Rinoa would have managed to do so in her angered state, powered up or not.

Rinoa was able to use Psychic because the anger changed into power when Rinoa got too angry. Psychic does not need concentration if the user uses an insane amount of energy, such as Rinoa did.

- The energy used up looks to me like it was energy used up for a regular old Hyper Beam (except a single blast dealt 24% against someone who also had a Steel resistance), and not some sort of anger boost... anyone beg to differ?

Resistance? How is steel any more resistant to a blast of pure plasma than something else? I don't do "weakness" or "resistance" unless its like Fire>Ice or Fire>Grass or Water>Fire or Electricity>Water. The only "odd weakness" I do is Dragon>Dragon and Ice>Dragon, which just evens out the power of dragons. Also, if you think that is a regular Hyper Beam energy, then I must be reffing Hyper Beam way off. For me, Hyper Beam does not take off that much energy. Meh.

- We discourage the ref choosing attacks contrary to what the trainer orders. After all, isn't the trainer supposed to be one with the brains to battle, not the referee?

In such a berserked state, Rinoa could not listen to her trainer's commands. Basically, she just used her strongest attacks: Psychic and Hyper Beam in a combo attack.

- Even if this happened on a random basis, the percentage you have now gets you temporary better-than-Ancientpower stats at a higher rate than even Ancientpower gives you. If you keep it this way, you're going to have to tone the percentage WAY down.

Ancient Power doesn't give any bonus. -_-. This is anime. Rocks fly out of ground. Rocks hit enemy. Rocks fall back to ground. No bonus.

- The damage reduction still seems a bit high to me. What do you have down for the exact resistance numbers?

As I said, I don't do resistance. I just used common sense, and a pokemon exploiting such power takes less damage. However, I will be willing to make Rinoa's damage more if you wish.

I hope to at least see some acknowledgement or perhaps even a rereffing soon.

Sure, I could talk to you on AIM sometime soon and we can talk. Board = slow. AIM = fast. ^_^. Have a nice day!

Syberia
20th June 2003, 12:19 PM
No, DRWS, why do you think that rule was there in the first place? Most likely because someone foresaw something like this happening and took a few precautions against it. I doubt you made that rule yourself (in fact, I know you didn't), so you'll never know. As long as Cyrus has a mod blindly on his side, I guess I'll have to get one too.

Cyrus
20th June 2003, 12:44 PM
Syberia, did you not notice my statement that if this isn't resolved in a week I will forfeit to avoid stalling the match for a gross period of time?

SneaselReborned
20th June 2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Syberia
I doubt you made that rule yourself (in fact, I know you didn't), so you'll never know.

Quite true. DRWS DID NOT make that rule. I was here before he even came to ASB, and I know that this rule has been here. I came in Feb 2001, and I do not remember seeing DRWS. He just recently even got his mod spot.

My guess is that R4 or B009 made the rules or maybe tyger or Todd. Meh.

Syberia
20th June 2003, 02:12 PM
Cyrus, as far as I'm concerned, this issue is resolved. I'm not the one complaining here, you know.

Deck Knight
20th June 2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by SneaselReborned
Quite true. DRWS DID NOT make that rule. I was here before he even came to ASB, and I know that this rule has been here. I came in Feb 2001, and I do not remember seeing DRWS. He just recently even got his mod spot.

My guess is that R4 or B009 made the rules or maybe tyger or Todd. Meh.

Heh. That rule has been around since I Joined, somewhere in November-December 2000. Lets face it, the way Cyrusis acting, its like the rule is older than Cyrus himself(2 years old).

The Muffin Man
20th June 2003, 06:14 PM
*shakes head*DRWS, you can't set a 'no DQ' as far as I know. Therefore it's one week. You can't change that rule. I KNOW Karin and Amanda will say no, so of course you and Imp won't get your way...

Razola
21st June 2003, 02:05 AM
I wanna play too!

-You can't completely RANDOM crap to this degree happen. Suddenly a pokemon gets pissed and becomes god-like? Not everyone is the Hulk and doing this sucks strategy right out since no one is sure when you'll grant emotions special powers. You can't just grant a pokemon attacks that haven't been issued, it just isn't fair to anyone. Imagination is good, but a ref is not the god of the match: you can put your on spin on stuff, but you can just go off on a tangent when the mood grabs ya.

-This match is a very good example of why a DQ should be cemented. All three parties are to blame for not having at least SOME idea of what the DQ time is.

-The match was even at 1 pokemon down on each side. No one was "pwning" anyone.

Crap like this is why I loooooooove ASB.

SneaselReborned
22nd June 2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Raz
I wanna play too!

How nice! How about no?

-You can't completely RANDOM crap to this degree happen. Suddenly a pokemon gets pissed and becomes god-like? Not everyone is the Hulk and doing this sucks strategy right out since no one is sure when you'll grant emotions special powers. You can't just grant a pokemon attacks that haven't been issued, it just isn't fair to anyone. Imagination is good, but a ref is not the god of the match: you can put your on spin on stuff, but you can just go off on a tangent when the mood grabs ya.

Of course, Rinoa had no way of even caring about any commands issued that round, so she used whatever she could that she thought was powerful. Emotion is a large thing, as shown in the Anime in MANY, MANY matches.

-This match is a very good example of why a DQ should be cemented. All three parties are to blame for not having at least SOME idea of what the DQ time is.

Well, DQ is quite a different issue than what we are talking about. All that can be resolved anytime. Right now, the issue is Rinoa's rage.

-The match was even at 1 pokemon down on each side. No one was "pwning" anyone.

Cyrus has had many lucky rounds this match, it just happened to end in a double KO.

Crap like this is why I loooooooove ASB.

Glad you love it, now please go interfere with a battle that you actually have some knowledge about.

Raz, out of all the posts so far in this topic, your by FAR was the one making me laugh a most. Bravo, bravo!:wave: :wave:

Don't Run With Scizors
22nd June 2003, 01:00 AM
Would it kill some of you to stay on topic? The DQ issue is not what's at stake here, and even if it were it wouldn't be a problem. If somebody's clearly exploiting the lack of a DQ, that's what we mods are for.

We have a list of rules so that we mods don't have to go around constantly reminding people what to and what not to do. They're guidelines for YOU to follow. We mods can make and break these rules as necessary in order to maintain balance here in ASB. That statement may seem a little blunt, but that's just what moderators are supposed to be doing - maintaining order.

When you're angry you get much more powerful.

As Raz said, only if you're the Hulk.

This is how anger works: when you're angry, you have a natural tendency to relieve it whatever way you can - but you usually don't stop to think about the consequences of your actions. That said...

Rinoa was able to use Psychic because the anger changed into power when Rinoa got too angry. Psychic does not need concentration if the user uses an insane amount of energy, such as Rinoa did.

Driving is also a task that requires concentration. Are you saying that an angry driver wouldn't need to concentrate as much as one who isn't so mad? Nope. Road rage often ends in a big *crash*.

More on anger...

I just used common sense, and a pokemon exploiting such power takes less damage.

If you're angry, you might be more willing to keep fighting, but anger won't make turning your face into a big crater any harder for the other guy.

Ancient Power doesn't give any bonus. -_-. This is anime. Rocks fly out of ground. Rocks hit enemy. Rocks fall back to ground. No bonus.

Sure it does. User calls on ancestors to throw rocks at enemy. Ancestors decide to stick around for a while. Ancestors inhabit body for the time being and give them the benefit of experience and strength.

Emotion is a large thing, as shown in the Anime in MANY, MANY matches.

You said it yourself - you don't watch the animé. If there are such episodes, name them, then.

Syberia
22nd June 2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Don't Run With Scizors
[B]We have a list of rules so that we mods don't have to go around constantly reminding people what to and what not to do. They're guidelines for YOU to follow.

Yet you decide to go and basically re-write the DQ rule right in this battle. Whether or not this is "relevant" or not (as arbitrarily decided by you, it seems), it does go to show how hypocritical that statement you just made is. Thank you.

We mods can make and break these rules as necessary in order to maintain balance here in ASB. That statement may seem a little blunt, but that's just what moderators are supposed to be doing - maintaining order.

Order, which is supposed to be maintained by following rules, not breaking them. The way you made that statement sound, it would seem as if you could simply make a rule stating that "DRWS wins all battles he fights in automatically." Sure, that may be an extreme, but as you have shown, you have let any "power" you may have go to your head just a bit too much. But wait, if you had any power at all, you would not just mindlessly go around doing Cyrus' bidding here.

When you're angry you get much more powerful.

Not entirely true. While the body may be able to perform the exact same feats whether or not it is in a state of rage, someone who is pissed off beyond belief would obviously want to inflict as much discomfort on their opponent as possible and therefore not hold anything at all back. In a non-angry state, you just don't feel as much of a need to hurt people (unless you're a mass murderer, but I assure you Rinoa's not).

This is how anger works: when you're angry, you have a natural tendency to relieve it whatever way you can - but you usually don't stop to think about the consequences of your actions. That said...

When you're angry you do whatever it takes to hurt the other person... if there's a 12-gauge sitting on the ground over there, you pick it up.

Driving is also a task that requires concentration. Are you saying that an angry driver wouldn't need to concentrate as much as one who isn't so mad? Nope. Road rage often ends in a big *crash*.

No, road rage often ends in two people hitting eachother over the head with baseball bats and beer bottles in a parking lot or busy highway.

More on anger...

I just used common sense, and a pokemon exploiting such power takes less damage.

If you're angry, you might be more willing to keep fighting, but anger won't make turning your face into a big crater any harder for the other guy.

Sure it does. User calls on ancestors to throw rocks at enemy. Ancestors decide to stick around for a while. Ancestors inhabit body for the time being and give them the benefit of experience and strength.

Based on the attacks list, which both Imp and Amanda have clearly stated is only a suggested way to ref. As it has been clearly seen in this battle, SneaselReborned does not use it, which is perfectly acceptible, making this a moot point. Moving on...

Emotion is a large thing, as shown in the Anime in MANY, MANY matches.

Unfortunately for me, I stopped watching that a long time ago. Unlike you, I seem to have realized that it is geared towards 11-year-olds. That is all.

Razola
23rd June 2003, 12:42 AM
How nice! How about no?

Deck Knight and TMM have joined in, so I don't see what one more is going to do.

Of course, Rinoa had no way of even caring about any commands issued that round, so she used whatever she could that she thought was powerful. Emotion is a large thing, as shown in the Anime in MANY, MANY matches.

But the anime is a STORY and is not supposed to be a competitive environment like this. While ASB is heavily influenced by the Anime, we still have to keep things somewhat fair. While that may be accurate in the anime, itt's not fair to bestow such powers to any pokemon just out of the blue.

Cyrus has had many lucky rounds this match, it just happened to end in a double KO.

The bottom line is that both pokemon are KO's at the same time. No one had an advantage.

Glad you love it, now please go interfere with a battle that you actually have some knowledge about.

I guess that means I'm staying here.

Raz, out of all the posts so far in this topic, your by FAR was the one making me laugh a most. Bravo, bravo!

Well, after reading that round I just had to give you a good laugh in return.

Charizard04621
23rd June 2003, 01:07 AM
Flame, flame, flame. That's all you guys know how to do? No! It doesn't matter who provoked it, whose fault it was... If it is kept up, it's still a flame war.

Let's see... Whoever decides to be mature and stops first gets a cookie... Or whatever appeals to you at the moment. Please do not make me get a hose and drench you all.

Yeah, I'm not exactly in the best of moods, and most probably being quite rude. I apologize, but meh, when I thought I was going on a vacation, I did not think I would have to worry about the forum for a whole month. If I am right, this is not the only issue that has arisen during my absence.

So, please stop arguing. Sorry for the inconvenience, but some people do not find such things enjoyable. If you are still feeling angry, please direct all your flames at me, because I will not respond, and therefore the flame war shall die. Which is a good thing.

Don't Run With Scizors
23rd June 2003, 01:15 AM
Bottom line: SneaselReborned's interpretation of Swagger doesn't work here. It gives überlegendary boosts to the target, plus it allows the Pokémon to select their own moves to best fit the situation, making Swagger worse than useless.

Since SneaselReborned is out for the summer, expect a rereffing whenever I can get around to it.

SneaselReborned
24th June 2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by SneaselReborned
Round Eleven
Syberia vs Cyrus

BATTLE

Alex smiles at Rione, who jumps around in anger, stomping around, hoping for luck this round. Syberia tries to calm the mad egg down, but to no avail. Might as well just fuel attacks with anger, eh?

Alex grins, and begins to make diving attempts at Rione, who continues to swat angrily at the flying dragon. Alex taunts the egg-creature, and steam comes out of its ears (anime-style, of course). Rione puffs up in rage, and Alex continues to taunt it. Suddenly, Rione's sanity vanishes as she slips into a berserked rage. Alex smiles, and laughs as Rione makes feeble attempts to physically damage him, yet never comes close.

Throughout the round, Alex continues to rack Rione's body with electricity bursts, leaving the little egg in pain, yet still extremely berserked.

Alex (Dragonair F) HP 100% Energy 86% Condition Safeguarded (4 actions), Steel/Dragon type, laughing, at top of forcefield,
Rione (Chansey F) HP 86% Energy 80% Condition driven to insanity, berserked, will not take commands from owner until calmed down

Arena Status Lunar arena, controlled environment, Indigo Stadium, large rocks all around arena, arena floor destroyed by continual taking out of AP rocks, Alex laughing at Rione from above

There were arguements for about 2 pages...x.X, sorry Karin. DRWS has convinced me to reref.

Cyrus
25th June 2003, 12:26 AM
Thank you for the rereffing SneaselReborned, my apologizies to those involved in this for the trouble this caused.

SneaselReborned
30th June 2003, 12:11 PM
...This is a qualified bump...

...or maybe not...

Yeah, so Syberia can find the battle faster ^_^.

Syberia
1st July 2003, 01:33 PM
Sorry, been dead for the better part of a week now. Sorry. Anyways, Rinoa, she seems quite happy with herself right now... if you can, Psych Up those good moods of hers. If not, do the best to take out your Frustration on whatever's around you... smashing a rock into pieces with your hands should calm you down a bit. Once that's done, just Psychic her into the forcefield as many times as you have left; all that electricity going through her body couldn't possibly be good.

Psych Up/Frustration~Psychic x2

Cyrus
3rd July 2003, 06:24 PM
Very good Alexstrasza, if your opponent calms down, swagger her into a rage again. Other wise smite her with twin thunders. If your forced into a melee for some reason, Iron tail her into submission.

(Thunder/ Iron tail / Swagger ~ Thunder / Iron Tail / Swagger ~ Thunder / Iron tail / Swagger)

SneaselReborned
3rd July 2003, 07:23 PM
Cyrus, you seem to forgot you the arena is covered in a forcefield...

Round Twelve
Syberia vs Cyrus

Alex (Dragonair F) HP 100% Energy 86% Condition Safeguarded (4 actions), Steel/Dragon type, laughing, at top of forcefield,
Rione (Chansey F) HP 86% Energy 80% Condition driven to insanity, berserked, will not take commands from owner until calmed down

Arena Status Lunar arena, controlled environment, Indigo Stadium, large rocks all around arena, arena floor destroyed by continual taking out of AP rocks, Alex laughing at Rione from above

BATTLE

Rinoa is still is a berserked fury, and she is milling around, destroying anything she can. Shrieking, she jumps into the air in an attempt to catch Alex. Alex merely laughs and shrugs if off. Syberia yells commands at Rinoa, but through the rage she cannot hear much. However, she does hear one word: Frustration. Suddenly, Rinoa screams in anger, and smashes her fist into a rock, and then another, and then a final one. Now huffing and puffing, she takes a deep breath, yet is still moving around rapidly. Alex finds no proof that Rinoa is completely calm, so instead of re-angering her, she begins to focus her energy, trying to summon a lightningbolt. Suddenly, a loud crackle is heard in the sky, and a bolt of electricity surges down...only to smash into the forcefield and do nothing. Alex looks back down at Rinoa, who is now calmed down. Alex grins evilly, and gets ready to re-anger Rinoa.

Rinoa, however, has different ideas. Chuckling a bit, her eyes glow with a psychic glow, and suddenly Alex's body is possessed. The snake-like dragon is rammed into the forcefield, and feels a charge of electricity before regaining body control and steadying herself. Once again Alex taunts Rinoa, but this time it has little effect, seeing that Rinoa has learned to take Alex's jeering and taunting. Don't try the same cheapo trick twice;P. Alex is confused by Rinoa reaction to the jeering and taunting, she just prepares for the next onslaught by Rinoa.

And Rinoa is ready to hand it to the dragon. Once more her eyes glow with a psychic energy, and the dragon's body is possessed. Once more rammed into the forcefield, Alex winces in pain. Alex, deciding it unwise to waste more energy, just lets the pain commence.

Alex (Dragonair F) HP 87% Energy 83% Condition Safeguarded (1 actions), Steel/Dragon type, hurting, at top of forcefield,
Rione (Chansey F) HP 86% Energy 73% Condition calmed down, not falling for swagger anymore, slightly tired

Arena Status Lunar arena, controlled environment, Indigo Stadium, large rocks all around arena, arena floor destroyed by continual taking out of AP rocks, Alex still in air near forcefield

[EDIT] After some serious AIM arguement with Cyrus, I finally see his point.

Cyrus
10th July 2003, 01:47 PM
I didn't see that you had editted this.

That could have gone better Alex, but some is life. Drop down so you have enough distance to resist your opponent's psychic assault into a barrier while staying out of melee range. If your force into melee, Iron tail your opponent. Your primary goal is to cover your opponent in toxic goo. Other wise continue to strike your foe thunderbolts.

Syberia
10th July 2003, 02:32 PM
Rinoa, start off with a Blizzard, then knock her out of the sky with a Thunder Wave once his Safeguard wears off. No more flight for that Dragon. Now, if she's on the ground, use Psychic to pin her under one of the large boulders lying around (essentially, drop something large and heavy on top of her), but if she's somehow still in the air, another Blizzard will do just fine.

Blizzard~Thunder Wave~Psychic/Blizzard

SneaselReborned
10th July 2003, 07:06 PM
You know, Syb, you are really lucky. Up until a few days ago, I reffed Blizzard as a move from the skies. However, after somebody told me about an anime episode, I am changing my description.

Round Thirteen (UNLUCKY!!!)
Syberia vs Cyrus

Alex (Dragonair F) HP 87% Energy 83% Condition Safeguarded (1 actions), Steel/Dragon type, hurting, at top of forcefield,
Rione (Chansey F) HP 86% Energy 73% Condition calmed down, not falling for swagger anymore, slightly tired

Arena Status Lunar arena, controlled environment, Indigo Stadium, large rocks all around arena, arena floor destroyed by continual taking out of AP rocks, Alex still in air near forcefield

BATTLE

Alex begins quickly, and begins to lower herself between Rinoa and the forcefield. Inside her, acid churns around angrily, waiting for an opportunity to come out. Rinoa's mouth is icy blue, and small shards of ice form on the rim. Suddenly, Alex lets loose a glob of toxins, and out of Rinoa's mouth the stream of icy particles erupts. The super-fast icicles blast through the glob of toxins, and blow it back at Alex. Alex shrieks in pain as the icicles and the toxins slam into her. However, the toxins slowly drip to the floor of the dragon, and with it three stars fall to the floor as well.

Rinoa grins devilishly, and her body crackles with electricity. Another glob of toxins churns around in Alex's body, and this time it erupts rather fast. The quick spurt of toxic drenches Rinoa, who furrows her brow as the poison is sucked into her system. And then, out of her, a small orb of electricity emerges, and it moves towards Alex. Alex is hit head on by the orb, and feels her muscles begin to freeze up. The small wings atop her head stop beating, and she falls to the floor, unmoving.

Slowly movement returns to Alex's body, but Rinoa is far too quick. Her body glows with purple energy, and suddenly a large boulder nearby lifts itself into the air. Alex tries to wriggle away, but to no avail. The large boulder comes down crashing onto Alex's body, and she screams in pain while Rinoa laughs in glee. Alex cannot move at all, and she wriggles around all she can, but finds it impossible to move. Her face pushed into the ground, he can do nothing but hope for mercy.

Alex (Dragonair F) HP 69% Energy 76% Condition Safeguard inactive, Steel/Dragon type, crushed under boulder, paralyzed
Rione (Chansey F) HP 85% Energy 65% Condition tired, poisoned

Arena Status Lunar arena, controlled environment, Indigo Stadium, large rocks all around arena, arena floor destroyed by continual taking out of AP rocks, Alex crushed under boulder

Syberia
12th July 2003, 04:35 PM
We've got her pinned right where we want her, Rinoa. Heal Bell that nasty Toxic away, and start lobbing a few anti-tank shells towards her position. Egg Bomb!. If she gets free at any time during the last 2 actions, use Flamethrower instead. If at any time she tries either Thunder Wave or Toxic, block it with Reflect.

Heal Bell~Egg Bomb/Flamethrower/Reflect x2

SneaselReborned
22nd July 2003, 04:04 PM
Still waiting for Cyrus..mmm...righteo...

SneaselReborned
30th July 2003, 08:45 PM
Tick Tock goes the clock, yet the clock is sad because Cyrus is not posting.

Syberia
30th July 2003, 09:36 PM
Cyrus said in the away tower that he wouldn't be back until early August, and it's around that time that I'm leaving again for 10 days, so I wouldn't expect much to happen in the way of this battle anytime soon.

SneaselReborned
30th July 2003, 09:56 PM
*gets out sticker*

*slaps sticker onto topic*

Inactive

Cyrus
31st July 2003, 06:06 PM
This match has been an extreme example of referee bias and or incompetency. The referee has at every point save two ‘interpreted’ every possible point in the favor of my opponent.

The arena was altered, not ‘interpreted’, to add rocks so that Syberia’s Charizard could perform Rockslide and Ancient Power. This isn’t a case of interpretation; this is a case of altering the arena directly in the favor of one of the two competitors at a whim to offer an unfair advantage to one party. Altering gravity from that which is on the moon to match earth’s simply out of spite was uncalled for. Combined with the lingering effects caused by yet another ‘interpretation’ of the arena that there is no air filter causing smoke screen to linger for rounds of combat is a sign of incompetency. The assumption for this to apply is that the arena is unrealistically sophisticated to alter gravity on the moon yet the engineer is idiotic enough to not add any air filter. The lack of air filters placed an additional handicap in the rate of oxygen consumed by the tail flame of Syberia’s Charizard.

SneaselReborned’s interpretation of numerous attacks was done directly in my opponent’s favor. The original effects of swagger were obviously out of bounds of referee interpretation, he admitted to it himself. Numerous parties, Charizard04621 and myself included questioned the shift from one extreme to another when the round was rereffed. Yet on a closer examination the effects save the apparently temporary insanity the effects were reasonable for the circumstances.

The referee appears to lack the ability to determine if and how combination attacks should function. Syberia’s Renzokuken should have had some form of recoil for exposing a metallic tail to flames. My own combination of thunderbolt and swift should have completely failed to accomplish anything.

The referee’s ‘interpretation’ of attacks is directly in conflict with numerous anime examples, everyone in my opponent’s favor. Smoke Screen has been demonstrated to be combustible in the anime, yet this is ignored and written off as being smog. The same is true as to why Thunder failed to strike; Pikachu was performing Thunderbolt in the anime when Ash called for thunder. Yet the referee admits to altering his ‘interpretation’ of blizzard to match the anime to benefit my opponent while sticking with the anime's form of Protect to allow a combo to effect my dragonite.

Unless I have been functioning under the false assumption that we are required to follow some form of the Nintendo Type chart, SneaselReborned has inappropriately handled almost every type application applied in my opponent’s favor. A Dragonair covered in metal is weak to electricity and fire. The metal that should confer resistance to psychic and rock while removing the dragon’s weakness to ice is blatantly ignored.

The referee’s definition of ‘interpretation’ appears to be altering anything on a whim can say he is applying ‘logic’. His logically fallacies include ignoring and blatantly altering the effects of my dragonair’s signature move. I am forced to question why SneaselReborned was promoted to Elite Referee.

If you hadn’t deduced it yet, I am forfeiting this mockery of a match. My apologizes for wasting your time Syberia. If your involved in this match in some way, please keep your view to yourself.

SneaselReborned
31st July 2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Cyrus
This match has been an extreme example of referee bias and or incompetency. The referee has at every point save two ‘interpreted’ every possible point in the favor of my opponent.

Hi.

The arena was altered, not ‘interpreted’, to add rocks so that Syberia’s Charizard could perform Rockslide and Ancient Power. This isn’t a case of interpretation; this is a case of altering the arena directly in the favor of one of the two competitors at a whim to offer an unfair advantage to one party. Altering gravity from that which is on the moon to match earth’s simply out of spite was uncalled for. Combined with the lingering effects caused by yet another ‘interpretation’ of the arena that there is no air filter causing smoke screen to linger for rounds of combat is a sign of incompetency. The assumption for this to apply is that the arena is unrealistically sophisticated to alter gravity on the moon yet the engineer is idiotic enough to not add any air filter. The lack of air filters placed an additional handicap in the rate of oxygen consumed by the tail flame of Syberia’s Charizard.

Hmmmm...lets thing about this...we're on the moon, right? Everybody: Right. The moon has rocks, right. Everybody: Right. So the arena has rocks. Everybody: Right. Cyrus: Erm...riiiight...suure. Next point: the part about gravity. Syberia said it was a controlled lunar environment. To me, that meant that it was with earth-like settings. So, I put in regular gravity. Next, you say that I didn't put in an air filter. Well, A) it wasn't in the desc, and B) I like to have fun with my reffings. Yes Cyrus, there is a thing called fun. You are way to serious all the times. About the tail flame, you can't complain about that, every Charizard has a tail flame XD.

SneaselReborned’s interpretation of numerous attacks was done directly in my opponent’s favor. The original effects of swagger were obviously out of bounds of referee interpretation, he admitted to it himself. Numerous parties, Charizard04621 and myself included questioned the shift from one extreme to another when the round was rereffed. Yet on a closer examination the effects save the apparently temporary insanity the effects were reasonable for the circumstances.

If "numerous parties" agreed with you on everything, why didn't you tell them to come and speak with me? I admit I was wrong about swagger, but you can't say you've never made a mistake in your life. Also, some people spoke to me after the insane shift in the rereffing, so in the next round I didn't apply the exact effects, but a little lighter.

The referee appears to lack the ability to determine if and how combination attacks should function. Syberia’s Renzokuken should have had some form of recoil for exposing a metallic tail to flames. My own combination of thunderbolt and swift should have completely failed to accomplish anything.

Actually, there was a recoil. I'm sure I put some recoil on there. Thunderbolt and Swift would seem to work to me. Shurikens conducting electricity should be charged with electricity. Meh.

The referee’s ‘interpretation’ of attacks is directly in conflict with numerous anime examples, everyone in my opponent’s favor. Smoke Screen has been demonstrated to be combustible in the anime, yet this is ignored and written off as being smog. The same is true as to why Thunder failed to strike; Pikachu was performing Thunderbolt in the anime when Ash called for thunder. Yet the referee admits to altering his ‘interpretation’ of blizzard to match the anime to benefit my opponent while sticking with the anime's form of Protect to allow a combo to effect my dragonite.

Dude, I don't watch much anime. Smoke is not something that explodes in my reffings. Smog is. You could have just asked me that, and I would tell you. You think I TRY to do stuff in Syb's favor. Well, I don't. I just go by how I ref. Meh.

Unless I have been functioning under the false assumption that we are required to follow some form of the Nintendo Type chart, SneaselReborned has inappropriately handled almost every type application applied in my opponent’s favor. A Dragonair covered in metal is weak to electricity and fire. The metal that should confer resistance to psychic and rock while removing the dragon’s weakness to ice is blatantly ignored.

Damnit Cyrus, we've gone over this so many times over AIM. I see absolutely no reason why a steel type should resist ice. I don't handle it like the GameBoy. If you want to handle it like that, then be my guest. Don't pick me for a ref next time.

The referee’s definition of ‘interpretation’ appears to be altering anything on a whim can say he is applying ‘logic’. His logically fallacies include ignoring and blatantly altering the effects of my dragonair’s signature move. I am forced to question why SneaselReborned was promoted to Elite Referee.

Altering and ignoring the effects of your sigmove? How so? Please tell me. BTW, if you're questioning my promotion to Elite, you would have to ask Charizard04621.

If you hadn’t deduced it yet, I am forfeiting this mockery of a match. My apologizes for wasting your time Syberia. If your involved in this match in some way, please keep your view to yourself.

And why would you want people to keep their view to themselves? Anyway, I don't care anymore.

Syberia
14th August 2003, 07:25 PM
...and out of your little debate, a Nidoran (M) is born. *catches it*